/itb/ Into the Breach General

>intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

>store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

>subsetgames.com/itb.html
Mods:
The nexus is coming soon.
>Acid Judoka/Cut-Content: drive.google.com/open?id=1bu8j4wKKVKCwT_y5oow2JQFtFuwS5RvR
>Retaliation Ralph Pilot Skill
drive.google.com/file/d/1LTYWE1tuMvp1txQ0ybjp7cWCxBwON7NP/view?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1PPEtweRyqJHekmolZZKOzrBnK6fesCiQ
drive.google.com/file/d/1y_5P0vo9LxYq9xF9qNuGMel-Fg15CvY_/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Anime portrait mod:
drive.google.com/open?id=1PPEtweRyqJHekmolZZKOzrBnK6fesCiQ

fun stuff
>gamepedia
>forgetting the other buy links

anyway, does the "mech gains flying" skill counts for the custom squad achievement?

what mech do you recommend for the "win with 3 of the same mech" one?

>anime portraits
would be fun if someone ripped the portraits of some super robot taisen game to put them in here

Can you customize your mech in this game? Is there a levelling system? What would someone on Veeky Forums compare this game to, overall.

I want lewd portraits

using prospero on a non flying mech probably doesn't count since even if he has +1 reactor it won't be used automatically, disqualifying you from the start.

for the 3x same mech achievement you can use most primes and science mechs since most of them are universally good like combat mech and swap mech

>Can you customize your mech in this game?
sort of, two slots for weapons and/or augs and a pilot with his skills
>Is there a levelling system?
pilot level up, earning skills (on top of their base one) and you can put more power in your weapons to improve them
>What would someone on Veeky Forums compare this game to, overall.
FF tactics meets FTL?

>S tier (Constantly and undeniably helpful in any mission and any mech)
Henry (move through enemy units)
Archimedes (needs power; move after shooting)
Gana (needs power; deploy anywhere at the start)
Harold (push around him when he repairs)
Mafan (+1 core, mech has 1 hp, shield every turn)

>A tier (Good ability but are less consistently helpful than S)
Camila (smoke+web immunity)
Prospero (needs power; gains flying)
Abe (gains armored)
Silica (needs power; shoot twice if didn't move)
Kazaaakpleth (2 damage melee replaces repair)
Bethany (free shield at the start)

>B tier (Situational/Meh ability)
Chen Rong (+1 move after shooting)
Ariadne (+3 mech hp, immune to fire)

>Isaac tier (Powerful ability but utility varies per player)
Isaac (+1 turn reset)

>C tier (Ability has minimal to no effect in battle)
Ralph (additional exp per kill)

Moved Beth up, added secret pilots, reworded tier descriptors

Chesspuzzles.

ded and it's not even a day

just like the ypipo in the game's world

We have to wait for the people from /v/ where there has been an into the breach thread for the last few days now to migrate here

Tell me the mods you want I'll make them if it's not extremely long or complicated.

>Retaliation Ralph Pilot Skill
What is this?

Woah, you know how to use Notepad++, no way!

archimedes on hook bot gave me the easiest 2 island win i've ever had. I originally started this blitz run to level up zoltan but it ended in a win

A Lanius pilot that makes smoke clouds around him instead of repairing.
If that's too complicated just replace Gana's profile with a lanius

>hey ill do something for you
>get fucked lol
???

I don't have a concrete idea yet but your random tile suggestion on /v/ sounded interesting

Give Ralph a useful skill
Make clawbot not shit

Pay 1 grid to re-roll shop

A weapon that lets your mech jump and leaves fire/smoke/damage on or around the tiles you just jumped off of.

Already made a mod for Ralph. Making Clawbot mod right now.

So why is the exp gain pilot specific and not shared between all of them

Its shared if the enviroment kills it.

It's only shared if the target dies to fire, electric smoke, indirectly to environmental hazards like cataclysms or friendly fire.

Oh cool
Still, feels like all exp should be shared since it's generally a group effort to kill stuff and win in general

nude waifu portraits

What the fuck. The developers already made a skill for hook mech to deal 1 damage but commented it out.

I am super disappointed that I'm still baby sitting tiles in the final mission.

If there's ever a extended edition, there needs to be a map or mode that's "Doomed Timeline mode" where the entire map is empty of Civies and you have to fight off the massive horde that pops up when ever the Grid fails.

>get fucked lol
Huh, where did I say this?

The pilots just ragequit if the timeline is doomed. No point fighting a futile last stand if they can just zip to another timeline that could still be saved. Remember that games like this depend on the economy of actions, and if you have only 3 mechs and the enemy has 5 times as many bugs as you have units, you're screwed most of the time.

Being said I wouldn't mind a survival mode where you're just fighting off indefinite numbers of vek until your last mech is disabled. However the hazard mechs would totally own the mode unless you have very few cores to work with,

drive.google.com/file/d/1y_5P0vo9LxYq9xF9qNuGMel-Fg15CvY_/view?usp=sharing

Here's a mod for Grapple Mech to have an upgrade to deal 1 damage.

Waifu portraits already exists.

claiming Pilot_Youth

I hate Hazardous mechs with acidic passion.
Is the secret squad worth the effort?

Not per se
But the point is that i don't understand that you mock someone that is willing to help out others

how would bigger maps with more mechs and enemies and objectives work? I assume they tried having maps of different sizes because it seems like such an obvious mechanic, but something must have put them off of it

I could turn the grapple into a reverse laser that deals higher damage the farther a target away is. Is it worth making?

>hating on the most destructive and Fun(tm) squad

yeah acid can be a bitch for them, but if you use based Abe and maybe get your hands on some group repairs you should be good, they're pretty great
and i don't (want to) know about the secret squad, i'm trying to unlock it

The tile setting's looked interesting.

I don't think it would be too hard to create a new water island also. It would like 2 hours to make, if I don't miss some backend code that fucks it up for some reason.

>destructive squad on tiny maps where collateral damage is ever present
And dont get me started on that India island that makes your whole comp take 2 times damage.
Abe is baller, I am just getting awful drops and getting kinda tired of it. I still have a custom and random squad victory left to do, so I guess I will take a break.

>custom
punch, laser, shield
it should be fun

>being scared of a little collateral
>being scared of self damage in acid
protip: even if you kill yourself with self damage, if you kill an enemy when nano repair is available you will revive with the heal.

Where did I mock anyone?

I want to make that but would it would take me a while to make. There's a lot of steps.

I know, I dont think you can play them without finding that out ... I just dislike their science mech, its just shit imo.
And I think they should be immune to acid as well. Fire boys get immunity to fire too. Detritus lives matter.

I can make that right now. The game can't load mod files so you have to overwrite the files. I'll put all the weapons I make into one pack, instead of seperate.

What's the retaliation skill exactly? Anyone tried it yet?

Would anyone be willing to make huniepop sprites for the pilots?

Not that user but that was clearly a sarcastic reply mocking user for offering his help and/or boasting about being able to mod the game
If not then what did you mean with that first reply?

Oh wow Leap Attacks are it's own category like artillery or projectile weapons.

That it's cool how he can do that. Not sure why the reaction was so defensive to be q h.

1 damage to surrounding enemies when your pilot takes damage.

This sounds like it would be a cool passive on the hook bot

Is any of these fancy weapons worth it, or should I just spend it all on cores?

Also, should I sell back the tank's jumping move for something else? I thought it would come in handy, but I've probably used it once.

>tfw about to play that squad
would you consider installing this cheating?

Sure go for it i'd definetely test that out

>would you consider installing this cheating?
Of course
It's also a singleplayer game so who cares

Only enemies?
Or also buildings and allies?

The bot might actually be worse if it triggered on allies and buildings, but maybe it's alright and it could be upgraded for enemy damage only. Would have to playtest it

>both parts of the train take only one shield
>a burrower's attack that hits both parts damages it
what the fuck? sounds like a bug

The grapple mech mod no. It was in the game code and the developer temporarily disabled it.
I just removed the comments, added the upgrade and text.

Not really
>train shares life but still takes up 2 tiles that both can be hit
>bug attacks both tiles
>shield takes the blow of one tile but the second tile gets hit

Cores are fine, you don't really need anything else. The brute cannon is super fun though, oneshots all alphas when upgraded

that's pretty stupid, especially when you aim to have the shields land on both wagons

guess the game isn't really made for multi tiles creatures

Well at least the shield is indicated properly but tjey really could change it to habe 2 seperate shields, especially when aming to shield both

I am really lazy when it comes to proof reading on mobile
and it doesn't help that the buttons are so damn small
sorry

Boosters are fucking good. It's a safe version of the jumping smash of the leaping mech that can be used on any class. This lets your brutes and ranged mechs reposition and knock enemies around.

>two 4 island wins in a row
>still not max level
lol

am i turbo fucked

Let me guess
Science class

nevermind solved it when i realized the bomb can tank the damage

Icey boys run and then chaos roll landed another icy cannon

She got a few kills at the end because I had a flame gun on her too

scrapped-chan is bae

i don't like any of them besides genius

I want Hotshot to tell me I'm getting close to her level when I frag a vek

ice mech's weapon could use an upgrade option
devs mentioned it had a no self freeze option before, but they took it out since it made people see the self ice as a only a drawback and was stopping players from making sweet plays with the self ice

I'm looking at that right now actually. It has no freeze and has a push back effect behind the target. I can't seem to get it to work though, it causes a crash, there's something wrong with the code. Trying to fix it and add a different ice upgrade.

Any ideas for ice upgrades?
Also going to make an Ice and Fire bomb weapon with limited uses.

The push effect was causing the crash for some reason. I'll give it some other upgrade.

instead of freezing you it sets your tile on fire?

would encourage other pilots instead of bethany/mafan and be a different kind of drawback

should be something more interesting than just no self freeze, maybe it makes the self freeze be aoe in some way so you can save buildings? maybe just the side tiles so you can save buildings, but still use the mirror mech or enemy attacks to unfreeze, also makes it so you have to be careful not to clog up the area

There are some other things like an ice shield that causes it to snow and creases a snow storm in an area. It's commented out though. I don't know if it didn't work and he was waiting till he could fix it or what.

>S
Abe: completely removes the downsides of self damaging mechs, taking them from mediocre to amazing. Less useful otherwise but still handy.
Harold: gives any mech an extra ability without using a slot, can heal and push on the same turn.
Camilla: impossible to disable, can effectively neutralize any web attacker that she aggros for free, full tactical flexibility in deserts or smoke based squads.

>A
Prospero: allows free movement at the cost of reactor power. Very nice for brute mechs that need specific firing positions and for mechs that reposition enemies rather than pushing them(like judobot).
Archimedes: Extreme flexibility in positioning. Can be anywhere on the map. Can shoot from an optimal position and still snag a pod or block a spawn. Needs power and only really shines in flying mechs.
Gana: Bane of turn 1 lurkers. Master of drawing aggro. Requires power and needs a tanky mech to be the best he can be.
Henry: slightly less flexible than Prospero, but saves 1 power.
Mantis: Can't repair but gains attack. Good in tanky mechs without damaging attacks. Lack of repair can cause difficulties.
Zoltan: Free reactor power. Shield is nice for blocking but can be difficult to keep alive if focused or webbed. Notable for being able to get Grid Defence and +hp at the same time, making them actually worse than a generic 25% of the time.

>B
Rock: Not as good at tanking as Abe. Not terrible, but outclassed in any mech that doesn't start with armour already(and ones that start with armour are already tanky enough that you don't need to spend your only traveller on increasing it).
Silica: Costs 2 power for a situational ability. Can be very good on arty but can also be totally useless.
Chen: For 1 power you could have your full move with archimedes.
Isaac: the extra reset can be nice but is a crutch.
Bethany: Hugely outclassed by other defensive pilots.

>C
Ralph: literally a generic pilot.

>bringing a mediocre pilot with grid defence
Christ even if she's your waifu you need to reroll that shit

The Secret Squad is actually pretty insane. Starts off mediocre but eventually has 3 damage attacks and can reposition enemies with everyone. Since they can't have pilots you can just sell em for more rep and buy more cores to power passive equipment at a penalty once you're maxed out.

>mfw i also just won with henry + flame behemoths
they seem like the strongest squad out of the first 6 desu, haven't played with the others yet

teleporter mech is insanely good

Flame Behemoths are severely underrated. Once you get past their early game weakness and throw cores into your flame mech and swap mech, few situations exist where shit isn't completely on fire or busy killing each other.

>they seem like the strongest squad out of the first 6 desu, haven't played with the others yet

They're deceptively strong. Obviously the switch mech is great but the flame mech can do kooky shit once it gets range upgrades. It's the only push + damage skill that gives you the option to not push vek into buildings. Their artillery is rift walker artillery with no building damage stock. Repositioning + dot is just so much more fun to play with than Judoka's reposition only because fire can make problems disappear eventually if you interact with them once

Need the achievement for 3x final battle

>you can move the Reinfield Bomb around
The fuck?

you can also literally let it be killed and you'll get another one

The passive skills use stuff like SpaceDamage(Point(2,2),5) anyone know what that is?

How fucking long did it take to make this game holy shit.

You think a Swap mech that make fire explosions would be fun instead?

You can also use it to block shots since unlike the RST island mission, it has 4hp instead of 1. So in event you're a turn away and on 1-2 power left you can have the bomb block fireflies or beetles if it has enough hp. Note that the yellow psion's ability hurts the bomb so it's another reason to get rid of it asap.

I agree with all but mantis boi. While agreed that he does bring a cost, the fact that you can put him into any squads support or into it's prime if its lacking (Judo, Flame, even Leaper if you like buildings) makes me tempted to put it in S, simply due to this versatility.

Is there a way to edit your squad name? Not just the mech names but the squad itself.

Some modder did it, the guy is pretty active on the /v/ threads. Ask him.

How do you unlock the FLT guys? Is it on Islands 2 3 and 4, or do you just have to complete 2 islands, then you can find them on the next 2?

just cracked mountains

seems to be a flat chance per map to show up

Isnt there a catch to when they appear though?