freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-19/rate/231050
docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/classes/class_node2d.html?highlight=position#member-variables
twitter.com/owlintheworks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for UE4>Unity

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-19/rate/231050

"Only gameplay matters" is a common modern indie misconception, in reality even the devs of gameplay classics like Pac-Man and Pong gave a great deal of attention to the overall presentation of the games, which is what made them successful.

I always felt like this should be free and included with Unity, now it is, nice. ProGrids is also free now.

finger tracking is in

>no sieg heil
Why do you even post?

>"Only gameplay matters"
Is that even a thing? The normie crowd only cares about pretty artwork

A fighting game, but you have to match your opponent's inputs by playing Simon Says.

yeh P cool. you can also animate whole skeletons inside-unity now, so you can model/animate characers (albeit very basic ones) inside unity and dodge that gay blender shit

What does risk of rain have besides gameplay?

I don't see why "confirm selection" and "shoot" are different buttons, Enter's kind of unintuitive I think
Also at the end boss's last phase I think you shouldn't make the enemy be in a hurt pose while flashing since that basically means "invincible" or "dying right now"
That aside good work and I'm looking forward to what comes next

a fighting game but the only way to perform a block is to "clang" with the exact same attack they're using

and the only way to counter attack is to do it twice in a row

>please learn programming by its self before jumping into an engine.
>Ignore all "just learn as you go, brah" posters.
Why on earth would I spend years on learning to program an engine?

If I want to do anything in c++ I'll have to first figure out how to draw anything, and then I can start to program. It's the worst way to go about things.
I cannot understand why you'd suggest somebody to not start with a library or engine.

>Try reading the documentation next time
>docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/classes/class_node2d.html?highlight=position#member-variables
That's Node2d, not Area2D. The class or whatever is Area2D.

Great music and solid, consistent graphics, it would not be popular if it didn't have those things.

make a domino game

A genius appear, and he give you the possibility to make a very good clone of your dream game.

What do you choose?

Age of Mythology for me. Or AoEII

you don't have to make a full game in c++. you don't even have to use c++. just learn how programming works.

This and the visual shader editor they have in the works are the deathblow for UE4 in the indie gamedev world.

>Pac-Man and Pong were made successful due to their overall presentation
You forgot an image of a frog.

They're already making clones of Paper Mario and Valkyrie Profile

Is there a vertex painter yet

Area2D inherits from Node2D which means it has all the Node2D stuff too.
The Create New Node window shows you the inheritance of nodes in a tree fashion, everything under Node2D inherits from it and everything under CollisionObject2D inherits from it, and so on.

Why do you want to learn to program an engine?

Godot uses inheritance.

hello, I did it 5 years ago.

Ok, so it says which inheritance it has... Does this mean that it has all the inheritances from all these objects/classes? Or how is this stuff categorized?

e.g. I could call "_notification (int what)" from the class object it has inheritance from?

I wish I could bring back my teen years, playing Far Cry 1 multiplayer with my school friends. Assault was the funniest game mode I've ever played. But the other modes were also funny, I liked crouching around in bushes and the whole island feeling. I hated the singleplayer though, I'm not into shooter storylines.

yes, it has everything its parents have

Bloodborne but Cyberpunk

Yes you can paint vertex colors in ProBuilder, which is part of Unity now, like says

Without libraries, frameworks or engines you have to literally write everything by yourself.
When I learned C# I used XNA and various libraries, I never did anything outside of XNA. I probably didn't utilize XNA very well, but for example I used it's 3d stuff.

visual editors are for brainlet nodevs. shaderlab is already one of the best ways to make a material in any engine.

Does it work with general meshes or just the stuff you make with probuilder?

>you have to literally write everything by yourself

Don't forget to code all your game in assembly, don't use a pre-made langage.

Yes, and?

How you gonna call people nodevs while posting a graphics demo with no game

it's half assed unity shit dude

which one do you think?

Does shilling on /v/ work?

>learned how to use blender today
I grow stronger.

>2014
>still no game, just endless tinkering
>calls others nodevs
enginedevs in a shellnut

Unity just employed the ProCore devs and from now on they'll get paid to improve the plugin. I doubt it will stay the same at all. They wont get paid monthly just to let the plugin the way it is.

It takes one really pissed off /v/-goer to kill any discussion on your game and turn the board against you so it's kind of a gamble

It's most likely they will just move on to other Unity projects like every single other asset maker that got hired.

I'll do it. I feel it.

I've started making a super hero game.
I'm not really a coder or a designer. More of an artist. I thought if I just made and animated some models I would figure out my game as I went along. My problem is I know have several heroes/villians modeled and animated, but still don't know what type of game I want to make. Initially I thought action adventure but almost any genre works. Classic rpg, even puzzler or fps could fit easy.
The game is just super heroes in a city fightin villians and trying to solve mysteries. what's the best game play idea I can steal?

And for reference, that was over 10 years ago, and I wasn't especially good. I mean, what we did was far ahead of what you'd normally learn in class, but it was still shit tier code that was produced.

In a way it was easier to just code it like that.... The visual representation of things in the engines is really confusing. Like, what is a scene?
I supposed it's a lot easier to make things pretty in code and structuring is probably better with godot/unit/ue4, but it was kind of easier to follow logic when I did my shit projects in XNA.

only if you are a dev who regularly posted progress

>I don't see why "confirm selection" and "shoot" are different buttons, Enter's kind of unintuitive I think
Personally I find the arrows and Enter key more intuitive when it comes to menu navigation than arrows and Space bar. It's also a holdover from the Space bar being used on the title to transition to the level editor. Perhaps having the Space bar also function like the Enter key in that context would be better
>Also at the end boss's last phase I think you shouldn't make the enemy be in a hurt pose while flashing since that basically means "invincible" or "dying right now"
I want it to look like he was more shocked/'do not want' when the last phase starts up and he gets caught up in a big scramble. Guess I should change the animation up some more.
Thanks for the heads up, user!

Superior UE4 blueprint master race.

It's like C++ but easy.

with only art skills try make a comic styled game where you can interact with characters only in some parts of a screen

If it's not already possible then it will be soon, because they also added the ability to round-trip between modeling tools and Unity, using their new FBX exporter. You can already create meshes with ProBuilder, iterate on them in Maya and then continue working on them in Unity

Are voxel games best suited for pre-school children?

>voxel games

404 not found

I'm learning coding for fun. Started with c++ I figured I'd settle on an engine that fits the game well.

That sounds more visual novel. which are great but not really my goal. With one of the well developed engines, I'm confident I can code up some real game play. I'm keeping the scope down so I can actually release

you are quite limited desu. Unless you are ready for 3P perspective you can only do classic 2d left2right beat'em up game

I just made a guess and I think I will be prepared to make a game in 10-20 years.

Maybe you could do a 3D fighting arena game like Dragon ball Xenoverse

I can definitely do 3d.

When I said modeled and animated I meant 3d models.
Although 2.5d beat em up isn't a bad idea. exportation would be tricky though

!!!!!! PAGING KOBOLDDEV !!!!!!

This makes more sense.

Quickly updated the build with Space bar working the same as Enter key in menus

pls hire
regards, russia

none of those fit at all. kys.

Jesus. I didnt expect so much butthurt. Sorry dude

friendly reminder

where's your game?

No this isn't right either

There has to be a middle way

Don't forget to limit the FPS when you use Unreal Engine or you will get shocked by your next electricity bill.

You can organize blueprints neatly into functions and such, bad blueprints are the same as bad coding in any language and it's not an inherent problem exclusive to blueprints, it just makes for funnier screenshots than bad code.

it's rip in spaghetti

My gtx 1050 (+ i5) doesn't use much electricity

based nvidia/intel
fuck amd

Jesus reminds me of my code analysis days with NDepend and a 15 year old code base built by a single cowboy coder.

Is this the path I've chosen to go down?

I don't even understand what this is for, there are execution lines everywhere.

Actually together with Probuilder they're integrating polybrush, which lets you sculpt, vertex color and paint textures on meshes like you do with the terrain tool inside Unity.

I hope they integrate all the tools they acquired neatly into the engine. TextMeshPro should be the default Text component in Unity, not an alternative.

Friendly reminder, that there are SINNERS in this thread RIGHT NOW as we speak

it is possible to organize blueprint neatly

did i get it right?

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Project Illumination
Dev: Owl in the Works
Tools: Unity
Web: twitter.com/owlintheworks
Progress:
+ Health, Energy, and XP items made
+ Slime Monster
+ Finished Ellie's Sword
- Modeled a shit load of assets and never textured them

>this image
white people...

Demo day 19 is a wrap. Now where are the streams? The game I worked on got next to no feedback.

Jesus Christ doing tricks on a unicycle I fucking cannot stand doing tilesets.

Yep

No, Java should be a pajeet, lurk on /g/ to get it right

same tbqh, this DD was pretty weak

And the lore. People might not believe it but they spent about a year on Pac-man's backstory, family about 3 generations back if I remember, world-building with the fruits and the ghosts, etc.
Most of it didn't make it in but it still informed the development process

I'm going to stream all the games through Tomorrow at 5
That's March 6th 5pm eat. I'll post up a twitch link later

>vine didn't host DD19

it's done

Homm3 or quest for glory 4

It's actually true, in Pong the guys actually thought about the audio to make sure the sounds were just right to convey the proper feedback.
They are just bleeps and bloops but they are the right bleeps and bloops.

>cutest people use lua
you got it right bro

nice, looking forward to seeing my game shit on!
seriously though, thanks for doing this

and on to a better new beginning.

>Vine didn't make a game

maybe one day...

Probably even easier to avoid spaghetti code in blueprints since you can literally watch it turn into pasta before your eyes if you start getting unstructured