What is the procedure to go from king to emperor?

What is the procedure to go from king to emperor?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justinian_I
britishempire.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

beat the living shit out of other kings, dummy

What is the procedure to go from peasant to emperor?

There is none. The distinction between emperor and king has always been blurry and is made even more blurry when titles in Asia for example are translated into "Emperor" even though they are not equivalent to the western concept of an emperor. Generally emperor means a king of kings, or you having some ties to the Roman Empire.

The Eastern Romans for example gave Charlemagne the right to use the title basileus, but not the right to use basileus Rhomaíōn (emperor of the Romans) so from the Roman perspective Charlemagne became the "Emperor of the Franks". Then the concept of being an Emperor got tied to the pope.

In the colonial era everyone just named themselves empires.

>In the colonial era everyone just named themselves empires.

Well if emperor is king of kings it is only natural that countries that rule other countries are empires even if they don't have emperors.

Generally the distinction between a king and an emperor is that a king rules over a geographically and culturally homogeneous territory, while an emperor controls multiple such territories under a single government.

>so from the Roman perspective
so from the Byzantine perspective*

get some kings to swear fealty to you, and/or conquer multiple ethnicities in significant numbers.

So why don't we call Achaemenid Persia an empire?

. . . we do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justinian_I

Americans call everything big an empire.
They call it the British empire while the Brits were never really emperors ( except for India ). They had kings.

Conquering Paris and inviting all your friends over to Versailles is a good start.

>they call it the british empire

britishempire.co.uk/

>.co.uk

Started dumb wars and being Germanic is also a good way to end empire.

You mean like ending the second French Empire and becoming the German Empire? Yes, you can do that in one one go.

>or you having some ties to the Roman Empire.

Like being a holy version of it?

The Pope give you the title of emperor

Except if it's to crown a retard who'll start a world war and lose all the annexed territories some decades later

Charlemagne was the first Emperor, back then the Romans where a big thing, so he took the title for public relations reasons. Later on this turned out to be a horrible mistake.

Charlemagne was a Frankish Emperor
The first Holy Roman Emperor was Otto I

Well, who was crowned German Emperor in Versailles? Wilhelm I !
>died 1888
>had nothing to do with WW1
and now you learned something. enjoy Veeky Forums

Charlemagne was Emperor of the Romans tough.
>coronation was 25 December 800

A imperial coronation.

/thread

Have 1000 province development and 75 prestige