/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html
>Tekken World Tour 2018 Announced
tekkenworldtour.com/

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

tekkengamer.com/2017/11/02/marquis-shadow-20z-jordan-silent-pain-depression/
twitter.com/WilvanBil/status/967019062722088960
youtube.com/watch?v=yLXsNHq02q0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tekkengamer.com/2017/11/02/marquis-shadow-20z-jordan-silent-pain-depression/
>the struggle of playing Kazuya was so bad that Shadow tried to kill himself before he found Claudio

jokes aside that's pretty crazy, now I know why he kinda slouches the way he does, geez

inb4 this faggot reposts his gay shit

Anyone know the frame data in the generic get up kicks and spring kick?

how long will they stay mad?
t. Lei main

Best tracks are:
Jungke Outpost 1st and 2nd
Heat Haze Shadow
Mishima Dojo

I'll take frames if they let me force a real mixup.
Otherwise if my opponent still has a shitton of defensive options then I go for damage.

I've made it to yellow with Jin and have been playing since launch. I hope getting to orange doesn't take as long as the green ranks did.

No matter how long it takes improvement is improvement. Good job, friend.

If your average daily playtime has been 5 minutes that's pretty good bro.

Keep it up user! Tekken is a marathon, not a sprint

I want to pick up a third character as a side project.

Kazumi or Feng?

Thanks. I'm in the memphis area and get to play with some of the best players in the country but I'm still a newbie compared to a lot of the guys in the scene. Online for me is a bit of a pain but I don't get to do locals enough to get better just off of those.

Honestly I feel like the game has gotten more fun because people play a lot differently at higher ranks, but I still clearly have a lot to work on.

What do you guys tend to focus on improving when playing online?

I'd say Feng is better in the long run.

You can get to orange just knowing the combos for hopkick and hellsweep

Kazumi will bore you to death but at least she won't give you bad habits if you avoid using her gimmick stance

I think my offense and movement are beyond what I typically see at my rank, but my defense is weak. I honestly haven't touched ranked in a week because I've just been learning to defend in training mode. Hopefully that will translate well but online lag tends to mess me up more than I'd like.

One of the most underrated moves in the game is Paul's d+1+2 shoulder.
As a 12 frame high-crushing mid it option-selects a lot of shit

movement and defense are the same thing

No

Yeah its a great move. Paul players cry about not having a fast mid to apply pressure, but they do have one, they just don't get to do it risk free. And in addition to all the other bullshit moves he has its completely fair.

well no, it's no poke

but it's super good to option-select stuff like kazumi's fly, lee's 2,2,3 and similar things

Working on fundamentals, practice movement, break bad habits, try to stop any flow charting, push myself to have unpredictable but good neutral decisions, steadily try and increase my matchup knowledge one annoying move at a time, and remembering to have fun/demotions may suck but they ultimately don't matter.

Currently taking a couple days break as I wanted to do other stuff and also trying to see if this will help break a small rut I've been in in my improvement as I'm stuck around Juggernaut.

It's a great move but it's sure as fuck no option select because unless it's a punish then they can block and you will get launched. It's a great move but it's stupidly high risk as it is launch punishable, eats mids and lows, and iirc it's not a crush move just it evades under most highs so a high that reaches lower than average will still hit it.

It's certainly a great move but it's a massive gamble and if you get predictably with it at all or get trigger happy you will get utterly fucked.

When Lee goes for his 10 frame CH string but it gets blocked, he can either do 2,2 ( -13 ) or 2,2,3 ( safe but high )
If you're playing Paul you can just shoulder the 2,2 as it'll block punish it if Lee stopped, and it'll duck the high if he continued.

>launch on block

You have been debated.

>no idea what an option-select is

Not an argument.

What's an option-select?

I did it guys.
I reached green.

A single action that covers multiple options without having to guess. See here:Also next time if you see someone use a term that's foreign to you in their argument, don't just proceed to debating them while ignoring that term. It's not smart.

I'm not smart.

Is that KaneandTrench?

Congrats. And welcome to hell.

Why tekgen is denying that paul is unga?

I think most agree that he is.
About half the cast is though so it's not like it matters.

>1 hour dm against some Maven player
>got demoted to destroyer
>got headaches
>got extremely stressed out
>learned nothing
I can't even describe how buttblasted i am right now. fuck maven.

I mean option selecting Lee isn't a huge accomplishment since he's kinda bad especially in the neutral

It being an option select in a very minute amount of situations doesn't stop the fact that it's launch punishable. Oh another weakness of it is I'm pretty sure, been a while since I got hit by one, it gives no Oki.

Where?

Good job friend. Keep improving and come kick my ass in yellow. Don't get discouraged if you get knocked down to blue because you hitting green once means you can do it again and go even further.

>I mean option selecting Lee isn't a huge accomplishment since he's kinda bad especially in the neutral
do people really not read fucking anything? I mentioned another option select in my first post and it got ignored

jesus

twitter.com/WilvanBil/status/967019062722088960

goddamn he's norwooding hard

Isn't the mid in her FLY mixup reactable? I forget if it's the mid or high but I know one of the two is reactable so having an option select doesn't really mean anything.

Damn, European players are ugly motherfuckers.

Is Geese a legitimate and honest Character?

Legitimate? Yes.
Honest? Of course not, no character is honest in Tekken.

I'm literally the most handsome chad Jin player ITT

Sucks he lost a lung and probably fucked his back and leg permanently but at least he was lucky enough to live. Kid is young he will bounce back, and his skills definitely are top notch.

Wilvan isn't ugly, I'd let fuck my boipussy tbqh

Top 10 cutest players, go!

well...there is that gay miguel player.

me

kawaiifacemiles

>10
that's very ambitious

Tanukana, JDCR

Justice!

Okay, let's say top 3.
No grills ofcourse.

I can only think of Jeondding and VictimofRitual
JDCR has an awful horseface, m8

I just remembered of that one new Italian Jin player who looked alright back in EU TWT

1. Jeondding

honestly thats about it off the top of my head

Sephiblack and Chanel (from the right distance)

Sephiblack is hot af.
Harry Potter is also up there.
And Tissuemon as well.
There, that's my top 3.

noroma

Nice one.

>learning Leo
>decide to take her into player matches
>keep dropping combos
>but keep winning just doing db4,1 , b1, ff2, and df2
This bitch is so cheap but she's fun
I don't really understand what I'm supposed to for a low crush though cause her hopkick is Feng-tier, literally has went over people doing lows several times now

u3+4

U/f3 or u3+4/u/f3+4 (does the exact same thing IIRC)

>She

Isn't that move pretty slow though?
don't start

No one will call my husbando Leonard Kliesen a girl

No one will call my waifu Eleonora Kliesen a boy

Lmao

Well, I guess. It's CH launcher. You can use uf2, qcf3+4 and ff4,3(or ff3,4 don't remember) as well

Whatever Leo is (s)he's cute as heck

give me some good bryan vods to watch

Nina is impossible to figh, it's just spastic movement and random low pokes into +40 moves over and over again guessing every microsecond

youtube.com/watch?v=yLXsNHq02q0

t.never played nina in training mode

>so many videos
>no views
shiet these types of channels get to me

Damn, Bryan plays like THAT?

>treasure mode

I fucking know what you mean, dog. For some reason this shit depresses and fascinates me like no other. Sometimes I'll just stumble on some channel no one watches that has a billion fucking videos and all of them with 20 views. Then I'll go through a couple and try to decipher the uploader life a little, and then forget about them like everyone else. No one knowing or remembering someone who keeps trying is so depressing.

True. If you need a fast low crush Hopkick is your best option, even with its shitty range.

Just did 5 electrics in a row ama

Learn to duck, gay boy

Exactly this, eventually they'll stop, and while all their time is hopefully not wasted, as they were doing it for themselves, it still depresses me a little.

Lars is broken

>no AO
fucking 17ers

>On a hot ten-win streak
>Got to the promotion chance for Warrior
>Lose
>Tumbling down
I will get it though. Bit by bit, I'll get there. I've noticed that King's df1 is pretty frequently blocked at this stage. Wish people didn't keep catching me with 1+2 throws though. My reactions just aren't fast enough to differentiate, and as a King main it's pretty embarassing.

Literally everyone just makes fun of me online

Ravens constantly backturning and doing nothing else, just backdashing and backturning
Heihachi players using that run away move over and over again
King using that back twiirl

I hate this game

what be your rank and character

That run away move is the only reason I main hei over another mishima

Byakko, Law

Another Orange Geese jsut kept taunting me

go to bed, wilvan

That's not me, I'm actually playing a game.

I assume most people can't break on reaction. What throw I'll break depends on what my opponent does and what throws their character has. Like how I'll always 1+2 break a Dragunov because that throw is way too strong to not break.