/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

remember you're here forever, festing edition

(Looted) thread:>>READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

THE GREATEST MOD YOU'VE EVER SEEN:

moddb.com/mods/this-is-balkan-2-revolution-started

Bannerlord Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk
Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/47

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN:pastebin.com/XKxeZX5r

M&B Wiki:mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE:imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup [embed]
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0
>Colorized & Retextured Native UI (finally)
mega.nz/#!M0NGlZ6C!XV6LDLkdMjIGjHZq0kLfFaqZ8J2N8ibW_XBrrLgkom4

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/blood-and-steel-winds-of-war
mbmerc.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anons, for this is balkan mod, which m&b warband should i use? Isn't showing when i start the game. 1.1 M&B Warband.

festing edition

Release Bannerlord

This is Rhodok soil

Praise King Harlaus!

1st for camelry

>page 10

so was it male or female

It's over, it's all over.
Banterlord never ever.

11th for the eventual anime mod for Banterlord

One can dream.

No need to dream, it'll be there on release

moddb.com/mods/blood-and-steel-winds-of-war

>This development blog will be short, but not sweet. After 4 or 5 years of development, we have now decided it is time to release the mod, but in an incomplete state, and we are deeply sorry we couldn't have fulfilled a lot of our promises, but development has been rather slow, and the mod itself has been in development hell. To make the game stable and playable we had to do a number of massive content cuts, which will be listed below, along with several known issues.

>We have included the source code so if someone would like to continue from where we left off they can, but this mod is not open source, if someone would like to continue it they'll need permission to upload it, but we would be more than happy to give them access to upload the mod.

This has to be the worst big release since L'Aigle or Reckoning. Besides the map and factions, it looks like there hasn't been any type of work that isn't related to assets. Any scripting is broken, and even native dialogue and menu choices haven't been changed. The assets are even fucked too, despite looking decent. Something is fucked with the textures, so loading the game takes forever, or you turn on load textures on demand and have the game pause whenever you enter an area or even scroll through a shop inventory. Instead of just leaving town and village scenes as native, they removed all the scenery and made everyone spawn in the middle. I feel bad for whoever was making the models, because it's obvious that the rest of team has done almost nothing over the past 4 years.

maybe it is time to take /mbg/ out to the back of the shed

This confirms it. As much as /mbg/ likes to shit on autismlords you need a dash of autism to actually fully complete a mod. The more autistic the better. Just look at Warsword and PoP.

Downside is we STILL don't have a proper singleplayer pike and musket mod.

How's that English Civil War mod?

>English Civil War

I have no fucking clue. If no one's playing it it's probably shit.

Havent checked the general for a while.

Is that wild west mod still shit? The gabarillo camarilli brillo one

already had a patch 2 days ago, i tried it when it came out and it's as playable as WFAS, maybe moreso since the guy took out main quests

You can just check the moddb page and see that it hasn't updated in years.

>Release of Bannerlord is halted due to CAMELS
>When fucking modders would do far a better job at adding camels, with better animations, for free
>This literally applies to every aspect of the game

>would do far a better job at adding camels, with better animations

you have no idea what you're talking about

Is anyone else afraid that the new detailed character creation and better graphics in Bannerlord will bring a lot of waifufags here and turn it into basically a waifu sex general like /tesg/?

i'm just hoping the increase in asset quality doesn't kill off potential mods

>MUH GANGS OF GLASGOW

never ever

>>When fucking modders would do far a better job at adding camels, with better animations, for free
>>This literally applies to every aspect of the game

Why would higher quality hurt potential mods? Does modding games become more complex with better assets or something?

>Does modding games become more complex with better assets or something?
Making better assets takes more time, and there's a limited pool of people with the skills to do it.

where should i start my kingdom bladers? Conquer Dublin and mouthfuck the irish or conquer alt clut and larp as romano british vikangz

>mfw decade old game still has not been properly patched

When Bannerlord actually gets a release date, then the comeback will start.

Is the Viking Conquest campaign worth playing at all?

nah, stick to sandbox

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>run into former khergit who's now a sarranid
>vaguely recall pissing him off, possibly dueling him
>his relation to me is -29 (pissed)
>ask if has any tasks for me anyways
>he tells me his soldiers are shit and asks me to take six sarranid recruit shitbags and train them up into six chad mamaluke knights
>lol okay
>guess one of the highest forms of praise is when someone who hates you comes to you solve their problem because you're better at doing what they do than they are
>sultan hakim immediately finds him guilty of treason and banishes him, aborting the training mission he'd just had me undertake
So, the show follows these half-dozen zany Sarranids, a goofy gang of good-hearted fools whom that lord unloaded on me to get out of his hair, but, somehow, they accidentally got him indicted for treason.
>all 6 are the first men in the stack
>looking for more castles to siege

When you get half a dozen free meatshields to absorb plenty of enemy missiles, adding them to the entirely expendable vanguard of fodder at the top of your list, either throwing them into the teeth of a siege while sniping high value targets, or posting them atop the nearest hill for the enemy to slowly drive towards as you kite & pick off the outrunners & stragglers, maybe even get half the enemy army to chase you while your cheap troops on the top of your list chuck rocks at whomever slowly wades uphill towards them, zig-zagging along, watching the cyan & yellow (hopefully no red & certainly no magenta), patiently waiting for your second wave of elite cavalry to appear, charge halfway across the map from the rally point to the melee, and just crash right through the strung out enemy troops, utterly crushing the already exhausted enemy troops under lances & hooves, smashing as hammers that which is held in the tongs of the archers against the anvil of the infantry, your powerful troops shredding through the dismayed enemy ranks like rock hard cock of athletic rapist through malnourished child.

vicucks already have dublin at the start and "romano british vikangz" is some dumbass shit

that was extremely tiresome to read fuck you

I'll moutfuck laithlind too, and I will be as romano british as I want faggot

maybe once but eh, sandbox has a better experience from the start

>4 u
Thanks for reading.

...irl, when one wearing weighty mail and bearing a heavy shield is mobbed by a whole group of angry people -- it doesn't matter how well or poorly they are armed, or even if they are armed at all -- chances are, in close enough proximity & numbers, they will simply overwhelm the lone defender, grappling and bearing to the ground their lone target....

Do current (simple) mechanics sufficiently provide verisimilitude, or would a whole set of grappling mechanics add to the game?

grappling would just be annoying in warband, it's already fine right now since if you get ganged up on by a bunch of enemies you can get fucked by yourself like irl

Generally though that mailed guy wouldnt be alone during a battle

It would only really ever be very relevant if you run into a peasant mob by yourself in full plate armor

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

What about High School of the Dead?

Reckoning.

...which is, literally, several times every day/night cycle after leveling up past the sixties....
>only mfw so L337 that my loadout consists of the following (sometimes with different shirt & hat, often with all armors "Thick" instead of "Sturdy"):

Champion Courser
Sturdy Straw Hat
Sturdy Red Shirt
Sturdy Leather Gloves
Sturdy Light Leather Boots
Balanced Short Nordic War Sword
Reinforced Huscarl's Round Shield
Large Bag Of Rocks
Masterwork Wooden Stick

>short nordic war sword
patrician taste user

>Killing elves

This triggers the SaxonDragon.

And it triggers the Sanders.

Does anyone have the screencap of his autism?
I legitimately can't remember how being a Christian has anything to do with genocide

have you tried that dynasty warriors mod?

the feast won't end on my watch

That's a nice thread you have on your shoulders.

why are we still here?

Because we got nothing better to do with our lives except slowly wait for what will become Spore 2.0.

Is it worth carving out my own kingdom in 1257?

>poles keep going to war with literally everyone

MAKE IT STOP

How's the Floris mod collection?

epik m

why are swadians so pathetic

In 1257 what's the differences between Scandi, Euro, and Latin troops?

aesthetics
also the scandis get more axes and stuff if i remember correctly

>play on slowest combat speed and poor combat Ai
>still can't block 99% of attacks
Maybe I should just uninstall m&b

Bows or crossbows for my troops, lads?

xbows

bows

1257 with anons modifications btw, not welsh

Have the devs said anything on co-op?

Sorry for a stupid question, but which game should I buy? Warband or normal version?

Just to post armors ?

Warband

Yeah sorry, this was actually in the pastebin, but I was reading the wrong one. I remember playing this game and loving it, but I think I played it vanilla. There are many mod links in the pastebin, which ones should I start with? Classic warband+1257? Anything else?

The mod list is huge on the website from the pastebin. And they have like 1000+ page discussions, it's a bit crazy.

Warband. I don't if its on sale right now but wait for a sale.

If you want to play something like vanilla again just get something light like Diplomacy. 1257 is a decent historical mod if you want to move onto a total conversion.

>which ones should I start with?
Dickplomacy. There will be a good number of new features and QoL additions. If you don't really remember how the game is played its best to start with native (or basic diplomacy), then switch to Dickplo when you can.
Yes the name sounds stupid but the sex content isn't activated by default and it really is the latest if not definitive Native+ experience

What lovely mud is this?

I've had enough. It's time to end it all

Don't do it user, think of the cool mods

there will NEVER, EVER be another Robert E. Howard mod, there is no reason to continue

Play Mercenaries guys its fun, pretty much more interesting native mbmerc.com

What is Dhirim worth?

>Multiplayer
ctrl+w

What's wrong with multiplayer? Singleplayer gets repetitive no matter what mod you are playing. There are many more possibilities with multiplayer mods

>having fun on FI2 server by myself playing cowboys vs indians
>get to wave 25 by myself
>some guy joins
>cool
>third guy joins
>immediately votes for generic lotr/got shit vs invasion of goblins

fuck you you fucking niggers i was having fun genociding indians and you ruin it by choosing the most generic and boring shit literally FUCK YOU

People who want to play FI2 and want to play LOTR should stick to the LOTR only servers, makes me sick when people vote for it

Wait you're Shekelstein? Me and you were playing Rome vs Native Americans and we kept losing until more people joined (I know it's a popular name might not be you)

oh hey yeah that's me, screenshot from yesterday

Who here /byz/