Monster hunter general /mhg/

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO MY WIFE

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash:capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released:game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous shitpost: → #

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KglyrmlF-Gw
youtu.be/cJaEb0UnjL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for blowing shit up.

Reminder Discord shitters are cancer and not actually part of /mhg/, but are actually pathetic /mhg/ orbitters who define themselves by not being part of /mhg/ but can't actually free themselves from us and become an independant group

Hear hear.

calm down Adam

Cataclysm's Trigger > Karma

How do you make use of zorah GL in HR when it only gets green sharpness and is bouncing on everything?

>le discord bogeyman

untwist your balls, arslan :^)

youtu.be/KglyrmlF-Gw
Apologize

ye

>trying to put monster to sleep
>retard team mate keeps waking it up

What do I need for dual blades besides weakness exploit, handicraft, and attack boost?

Elemental/status boosts seem totally fucking pointless

yes

You're over half a year too early.

You suck it up and get used to it, and no you don't bounce everything, just some things. I'm still looking for a Mind's Eye jewel though. Shells ignore bouncing anyways.

More interesting than World's entire roster combined.

fuck off nobody needs this during a fight. putting mosters to sleep is a waste of time

apologise.

i feel like you guys like being BINGed at

>Get Kirin investigation
>Sniff its tracks for 30 minutes, then murder it
>6 new T3 investigations, all with triple rewards

Teostra HBG-san, I need you to recommend me a build please. I'm a fucking ape and don't know what I should be using.

I miss aerial style and some of the hunter arts

nice smug im saving that one

Ye- I mean no NO!

M O M M Y

Please don't forget about us yet, we're grounded and down to earth animals like those Tri monsters you love and remember.

>tfw I've never seen bazel sleep
Cute.

Why couldn't she be our Handler? Why did we instead get the downs autist instead?

i can't tell if this is supposed to be shitting on world or tri

Nobody is going to forget B52.

Gobul when

Artillery and Free Elem/Ammo Up. Maybe Xeno Divinity if you looking to make some sort of clownsuit. I don't know what's possible in that direction.

Bring lots of Blastnuts to craft more Sticky Ammo while on the fly. Don't forget you can load a bunch of Wyvernfire with this setup, so you can nuke the monster with some repeated wyvernfire action if you want.

That's all there is to it really. The rest is up to in terms of what other damage boosts to cram in there. There's probably some objectively correct Bowgun customizations to use, I don't recall exactly what I use but just remember that even one shield mod is very effective.

her feet are too ugly to be a mommy

>All those weightless swings
>That anime unsheathed GS anime run
>All that god eater looking garbage
>Everything is instant counters and anime AOE
>Monster traps himself in his edgy pitfall portal off doom
Yeah, how about no.
Keep that disgusting gook shit for the gooks only.

you have to pay more if you want to use the person's likeness
that was one of the main reason they change jill face in RE
remember at the end of the day this is still capcom we are dealing with

I wouldn't call Bazel grounded.

except her feet are cute?

her feet are absolutely perfect. I want to massage them and trim her claws.

your wife is into some weird shit

disgusting

>footfag

If you're running elemental then element boosts and crit element are very good. Other good offensive skills exist, like peak performance or agitator. Utility skills like grinder and protective polish are nice. I like to build sets with three flex decorations so I can swap in stuff like miasma or elemental resistances for certain fights.

Footfags have no right to call other people disgusting

Alright so how is this for a starter Hammer build?
Eyepatch (WE deco)
Dober chest B
Bazel arms A
Bazel waist B (Earplugs deco)
Dober legs B
Attack Charm 2
This is about the best I could possibly manage.

The feet is fine. Her nose in that one ingame scene is absolutely disgusting though. What the fuck were they thinking? She looks like goddamn Geddy Lee

Is HBG fun? I've been using GL but I just wanna run around not getting hit and do a consistent amount of damage.

DB is the best melee weapon for status/element

>Xeno'jiiva with GS
2 gems I got carving is not enough to counterweight my anger.
>nice tru charge faggot
>lemme move a bit you'll miss by an inch
Mad as fuck.

Meanwhile in World...
youtu.be/cJaEb0UnjL4

>3rd fleet master without her nose
The fuck's the point even

I built a bow offset just for shit like Xeno. Bazel too since that fight is just flat out unfun with GS.

2 kinds of people

I'm revoking his pilot's license.

Yeah I got mad as fuck too when I was farming some gems. I found some sweat spot below his chest though, the TCS would hit most of the times on his chest or belly.

>free chance to set up barrels, sharpen, and hit it with your heaviest attacks
>people literally too retarded to do anything other than spamming the same combo
>only excuse is SAED SAED BLOS TA
fuck off back to solo grud, you aren't wanted here.

how do i make my waifu huntress look like saya from blood-c? im too dumb for character creation

the monster moving a pixel or the environment geometry making your TCS whiff by a pixel is annoying as heck

Nice, I had been using the FE/AU charm just off of a wild guess, thanks for the tips.

Does recovery speed also apply to the healing you get from Vaal set bonus?

She looks like a perfect elf wyverian mommy in this screen, i love it. The side view irks me but isn't enough to make me drop her.
Wyverian mommy is best World girl fight me

obligatory
>oy vey schlomo

you can kill any monster with a good group in less than 5 minutes. making it fall asleep and wait for 30 seconds is a big amount of time

>MHW finally adds the ability to roll backwards

FUCK YEA-

>the roll has like 50 percent longer recovery compared to regular rolls

FUCK YOU, CAPCOM.

Go fuck yourself, Black Diablos

Is there a skill that reduces the time taken for each movement with Lance? It feels fucking sluggish, takes like a second to go from blocking a hit to be able to move again.

I'm about to fight Xeno for the first time. What should i expect?

Is there any faster way to farm for Screamer Sacs?

I want to carry more than 3 Screamer Pods in my hunts, but hunting for Screamer Sacs so that I can combined them to be Screamer Pods is tedious.

Meanwhile in World someone beats a non-Tempered monster... Yawn
Pretty good use of tackles though.

boredom

>Is there a skill that speeds up animations

How do I deal with lavasioth's hardening skin?

Boring fight, decent OST, frustrating whiffs on what you'd swear was an opening

She would if she could, bitch!

ancient aliens

Oh boy

fire

>put monster to sleep
>even /mhg/ sometimes wake it up
I blame it on newshits

No problem. Enjoy becoming the most stylish heavy support gunner ever. Don't forget your impact mantle either, you're capable of some real KOs if you're nailing the target in the head. Yes, even online. Yes I'm serious.

Don't shy away from KOing with Impact Mantle and those 12 Rounds of Spread 1. It even works online, it's kinda dirty.

People like you are the fucking worst

>Hehe guys i'm about to do X for the first time! What should i expect!?
>Hehe guys i bought this game even though i don't know what the fuck it's even about. What should i expect!?
>Hey guys just bought this car, what should i expect?

Fuck off

>why does this tank move like a tank?

You can throw torch pods to soften him up. Better idea, don't fight Lavasioth

Torch pods or fire damage.

Room is still active. nXvsf3FjnMJ

How the fuck do you stop sliding when holding the hammer's charge? That shit has gotten me killed so many times when I slide into an attack or I try to "roll" out of the way only to perform a jump while sliding.

Hey user I'm replying to your post, what should I expect?

Seems like there's a skill to improve just about anything. Talking about mh4u BTW.

Oops
Meant for instead

user, i'm playing since 4U. I know exactly what this is about. I didn't ask that to be spoiled completely, just wanted to strike up conversation. No need to be so mad over that.

Do I need skill from armoe to not be knocked down when countering with lance? Keep seeing videos of people factanking with just their counter and occasional power guard. But half the time I block/counter something like a great jagras charge I still get knocked down even when I don't have my back turned. I assume it's just a low level issue or I am seriously doing something wrong.

Love the lance though it seems like a rough newbie weapon. Maybe I should go with something more evasive.

its annoying me so much as well

rate my /comfy/ hammer funbuild

To elaborate for Worldbabs and other brainlets, Sticky already deals KO, so when you amplify it's KO with Impact Mantle, things get silly. I feel like this post implies I'm only pushing for Impact + Spread. I'm not. Impact + Sticky on it's own is really good. Spread is just another option if you have a good opening and wanna keep the spam going heavy to proc the KO

On that now actually:

Don't sleep on Slugger, HBG has major KO ability, it might make it even crazier. I haven't tried it yet but I realize I shilled for KO without mentioning Slugger.

ME SMASH

needs affinity sliding

Torch pods, use them to remelt the magma when it hardens, the same way you use water pods to wash the mud off of jyuratados.

If we're talking about a good group then placing bombs sharpening and setting up the heavy hits should take less than fifteen seconds from the point the monster starts falling asleep
But we're talking about /mhg/ players, not good players so neither applies
also
>complaining about a half minute of downtime when you're playing with a group
if that 30 seconds is a big amount of time for you I wonder how poorly you react to waiting for people to join or put up missions, do you spam the chat telling them to people to stop wasting time there too?