Tell me about Early Slavs

Tell me about Early Slavs.
Where did they come from and why are there so many of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

staff.amu.edu.pl/~anthro/pdf/mono/vol012/01piontek.pdf
eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml
slavorum.org/forum/discussion/4941/slavs-in-scandinavia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Where did they come from
The depths of hell
>why are there so many of them
They're a virus and multiply as such

They're just northern people who migrated south, not much more to them than that

They came from a swamp in southwestern Belarus around 500 AD. They were literally an unknown little tribe that no one really knew about.
Eastern Europe was ravaged by Turkics and Goths which gave the tiny Slavic tribe an opportunity to expand and they took it.
It was all just about being at the right place at the right time.

steppes
>why are there so many of them?
they are a plague

nice

Guten tag

Horseshit: the post

Aren't they make up 1/3 of white people's population ?

It's all true actually.

They originally came from Ukraine, South Russia and Belarus
>Why are there so many
Why the hell not?

POLAND STRONGK IS OF RULE GERMANICS SWAMP TRIBES AND OF ILLYRIA AND OF SARMARTIA (ANCEITN POLE HOMELAND) AND OF BALT COUSINS

>South Russia

What? This was Sarmatian territory. Huns, Avars and others killed off the Iranian presence in Europe so Slavs could migrate to the steppe.

They came with Attila.

The fact that huns were there doesn't mean that Slavs weren't. They migrated south later, true, but their original homeland is in this very area.

This is nonsense. Slavs descend from proto-Indo-Europeans who did come from this region but so do all other Indo-Europeans. You could say it's the Celtic homeland and it would be equally true.
Slavic ancestors were nested in the western part of eastern Europe for thousands of years while the steppe belonged to Iranian peoples.

I know where they came from, mate.
Just have a look at this map I got on google. Yes, south Ukraine (according to the map) and steppes belonged to Iranians but they later got assimilated by Eastern Slavs while other Slavs moved South, West and North

what is Lechina Empire ? never heard of it.

Are Slav White ?

slav culture has a strong element of collectivism and assimilation, sloven, slaven basicaly means -those who speak- koji slovi, and njemac, niemci, means more or less -mute- one who cannot speak

since slaw expansions were usualy initiated by conquests by warrior elites, and usualy only then followed by a larger migration, the local populations usualy got assimilated

also, there was a fuckton of other migrating subpopulations, folloving the huns or the avars or whicever, that got easily assimilated

because what do you realy need to become a slav, you need to speak the language, curse the right gods and drink well, the rest comes within a generation

>slav culture has a strong element of collectivism and assimilation, sloven, slaven basicaly means -those who speak- koji slovi, and njemac, niemci, means more or less -mute- one who cannot speak
Word 'niemci' is for Germanic people. It's a hint that Slavs and Germanic lived very close.

it was basicaly a name for everione at firs, then they added other names as need arose, like vlaji, vlasi, grci, mleci

>implying I'm even going to read this thread to get triggered by morons

Pro-tip: Slavs are only a linguistic group, not an ethnicity, nor do we share some kind of similar culture or whatever.

Kindly reminder, this board is about history, about the past. In the past Slavs were a group of tribes which shared similar culture and language.

Scythians.

i heard this meme before
is there any evidence for it?

Varg mentioned in his last video that West Slavs are Sarmatians, East Slavs are Finns and South Slavs are Illyrians.

>varg
>:(

>disliking Varg

>liking a murderer

west slavs = baltic, celtic and germanic
south slavs = illyrians and thracians
east slavs = original slavs, finns and sarmatians

Killing Euronigger was doing the world a service.

I'd say the only original Slavs in the east are in Belarus. Russia is too mixed with Finns in the north and with various Caucasians and Turkics in the south. Ukraine is a racial cesspit.

Belarus is baltic land

>hurf I'm going to do the world a service by acting WORSE than what I condemn

errytime

PROTIP: washing yourself in shit does not make you clean

Hello senpaitachi.

Not Slavic. But we love you.

Killing people isn't bad per se. Besides it was self defense.

Why are Poles so smug?

Proto-Slavic has a shit ton of Gothic loanwords, so they must have lived somewhere in here.

true slavs originate near the baltics
they expanded from there and mixed with mongoloids (turks, tatars, uralics, mongols)

most of today's slavs are actually hapa eli rodgers and most ukrainians look like sammi

At first it was for everyone who couldn't speak Slavic language, and was therefore mute. Later it referred to Germany only.

26 stabs of self defense

Poles aren't smug they are insecure and hateful.
Have you ever seen a Pole say something nice about anyone? It isn't because they think they are better it's because deep down they feel inferior.

You have to make sure.

If anything only Russians are hapas.

Partition related trauma :^)

Are you guys sure Slavs are only a linguistic group? There certainly is a vague Slavic look you'll find in every slav country to varying degrees, from Croatia to Bulgaria to Ukraine and so on. You guys know what I'm talking about.

Are you sure? All the people on this pic are Slavs.

East and West Slavs look alike IMO, but South Slavs are basically assimilated Balkanites.

>You guys know what I'm talking about.
No, we don't.

Just because radically different people are labeled Slavs doesn't mean there isn't a common Slav look.

There isn't. I'd say there are Eastern European phenotypes though, but many of them are found in non-Slav countries like Hungary, Lithuania and Romania so you can't really call it "Slav look".

>those east european women

eastern europe is a genetic clusterfuck, basically.

>he likes women

Some parts of it.

Look how Baltics stand out.

Baltics have the same haplo composition as Russia just in slightly different frequenices. It's actually interesting that Russians are closer to Balts than they are to South Slavs.

>Slavs in Iceland
htf

>he thinks all of R1a is Slavic
Retard.

Point is, look at how similiar all three are to each other and then look at neighbours.

Not suprisingly, for example, Estonians have more of the Finno-Ugric shit. Lithuanians a just bit more of the Germanic.
But they are like triplets.

I also find Hungary very interesting. Despite all the fuckery Ottomans give them, very similiar to their neighbours.

Who needs maps like that when you have this?

>In Histories, the 5th-century Greek historian Herodotus describes the Budini of Scythia as red-haired and grey-eyed.[115] In the 5th century BC, Greek physician Hippocrates argued that the Scythians have purron (ruddy) skin. In the 3rd century BC, the Greek poet Callimachus described the Arismapes (Arimaspi) of Scythia as fair-haired. The 2nd century BC Han Chinese envoy Zhang Qian described the Sai (Scythians) as having yellow (probably meaning hazel or green), and blue eyes.

>Ancient Y-DNA data was finally provided by Keyser et al in 2009. They studied the haplotypes and haplogroups of 26 ancient human specimens from the Krasnoyarsk area in Siberia dated from between the middle of the 2nd millennium BC and the 4th century AD (Scythian and Sarmatian timeframe). Nearly all subjects belong to haplogroup R-M17.
>The authors suggest that their data shows that between Bronze and Iron Ages the constellation of populations known variously as Scythians, Andronovians, etc. were blue- (or green-) eyed, fair-skinned and light-haired people who might have played a role in the early development of the Tarim Basin civilization. Moreover, this study found that they were genetically more closely related to modern populations of eastern Europe than those of central and southern Asia.

Baltic N has something to do with elite domination that didn't change their autosomal DNA much.
They are pretty much the same R1a people they were 3000 years ago.

If anything that map proves that language doesn't matter.

Hungary = Ugric
Czech + Slovakia = Slavic
Austria = Germanic

Yet genetically they're pretty much the same people.

Culture > genetics.
You are born in to the former, latter is in flux. Always has been.

>Culture > genetics

That's the thing though. You'll find plenty of people in the Balkans that wouldn't look out of place in Czech republic or the Ukraine. Obviously not the majority but still.

You'll also find plenty of people in Germany that wouldn't look out of place in Czech republic.

But its evidently so.

Latvian, Lithuanians are not Indo-Europeans that settled the region thousands of years ago.
It is only the language and therefore the culture which still exists.

Genetics are an amazing thing. Not just white, but asian, black and others also.

This is what cultural marxist americans want to destroy. It's a shame most blacks follow cultural marxist memes and lack a self-identification that europeans and even asians have.

You're retarded. No one has a higher affinity to Yamna and Corded Ware than Lithuanians, well maybe the Estonians.

>b-b-but muh haplofaggutmap!1

It's irrelevant to autosomal DNA.

>It's a shame most blacks follow cultural marxist memes and lack a self-identification
>descendants of slaves stripped of their culture and identity lack self identity beyond a vague "black people living in a white country" sense

Well you can't really blame them for that one can you?

And Latvians.

>Lechina Empire
That old name for Poland is Lechia you retards

scatvians*

I don't get how people can draw a man like that and leave Romania and Moldova empty.
Do you think those people flew to get where they are?

Polish nationalism at work.
The idea that all the people who used church slavonic to worship were part of some super state called Lechina, which is an old name for the area of Poland.

huh?

Eastern European nationalism can be downright absurd sometimes.

>Russian: all Slavs are actually Russians
>Pole: all Slavs are actually Poles, except for Russians who are Mongols
>Ukrainian: all Slavs are actually Rus', except for Russians, who are Mongols
>Serb: everyone from Greece to Hungary is a Serb in denial
>Slovak: Hungarians are Slavs in denial
>Hungarian: Slovaks are Hungarians in denial
>Macedonian: WE WUZ ALEXANDER
>Croat: WE WUZ PERSIAN
>Czech: leave me alone I'm Celtic / Germanic

It's outdated bullshit.

Germanic-speakers were not the original IE inhabitants of territory which is now Poland, they came during middle-to-late Iron Age as immigrants or invaders and in relatively small numbers.

There is a biological population continuity in Poland since the Bronze Age until nowadays - neither Germanic immigration nor Slavic immigration altered it considerably.

Language & culture of population of Poland were changing few times, but population - in its main core (not counting quite numerous admixtures from migrating peoples) - is similar as in times of Biskupin-builders:

staff.amu.edu.pl/~anthro/pdf/mono/vol012/01piontek.pdf

Even today people in eastern Germany and in Austria have a lot of R1a haplogroup, which was most common among Medieval West Slavs.

Also I2a haplogroup is very typical for Slavic populations. Of course it would be a mistake to associate haplogroups with ethnicities, but are there are certain statistical correlations, which allow us to arrive at certain conclusions and generalizations concerning their origins.

Also Slavic surnames are common in Germany - some of them are Polish in origin but some are from other Slavic groups.

For example here is surname "Janke", distribution of which indicates that it is Obotrite-Veleti rather than Polish, Pomeranian or Sorbian:

Comparison of R1a and R1b haplogroups among people in various German, Austrian, Czech and Polish cities today:

Map shows modern-day R1b / R1a proportions among inhabitants of 25 selected cities located in Central Europe:

Dark green = Polish and Czech cities
Light green = German & Austrian cities with ~20% (Greifswald) up to ~43% (Graz) of R1a
Dark red = other cities in Germany

What can be observed is that former Slavic areas in Germany & Austria correlate with high % of people with R1a haplogroup:

Graz in Early Middle Ages was a Slavic city (burgh) of the Principality of Carantania, which was called Gradec (in Old Slovene language). Graz has so high percent of people with R1a haplogroup, that it is obvious that they are mostly descendats of Germanized Slovenes (Carantanians).

Note that German-speaking Austrian inhabitants of Graz have a higher % of R1a than ethnic Slovenes of Slovenia.

According to our website, 38% of Slovenes from Slovenia have R1a haplogroup, while 43% of Austrians from Graz have it:

eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

>Pole: all Slavs are actually Poles, except for Russians who are Mongols
Except it's the truth.

Daily reminder that Kievan Rus was founded by Lechites (see Kievan Polans, Radimichi, Vyatichi).
Western Slavs aka Poles also settled Greenland, Denmark and even Sweden.

slavorum.org/forum/discussion/4941/slavs-in-scandinavia

Only a fool would deny that, especially when there are piles of sources.

Get fucked, pan-german shills. Germans are just Scandi/Celt/Slav mutt.

Majority (if not all) names ending with ow/ov, owa/ova, owo/ovo, in, ina, ino, au, itz, itza, itze or having wend/vind root are of Slavic origin.

The most famous example is Berlin. Which they didn't even bother to change. The name is Slavic, just like Polish Lublin.

>Germans are just Scandi/Celt/Slav mutt
Poles are just Slav/German mutt
Russians are just Slav/Scandi/Finnish mutt
Czechs are just Slav/German/Celt mutt
Croatians are just Slav/Illyrian mutt
Bulgarians are just Slav/Thracian/Turk mutt

etc

Wrote man, meant map.

Eastern European nationalism can be downright absurd sometimes.

Never noticed that as balkaner, czechs, germans and poles look far more similar to each other than to us.

>Poles are just Slav/German mutt
Wrong.

Poles have single dominant haplogroup, unlike Germans. Germans are blanda up of their neighbours.

You're absurd and not worth my time.
Because Slavs are a linguistic group, just like "Germanics".

Slavic languages there used to be spoken for at most few centuries at the time population was assimilated

The slavic alphabet and culture were removed with a deliberate state funded effort, as we know from documents.
The spoken language was not slavic in at least the urban areas much earlier though.

Speaking as a West Slav who's been to Bulgaria I can tell you they look nothing like us. Way swarthier, different noses, different hair texture etc.

You took one haplogroup and made a map.
Now take another and make another map.
Take ten others and make ten other maps.

Whoops, they don't overlap. Turns our you just took the one that arbitrarily fits your views and ignored the rest.
Luckily for you the helpful posters on Veeky Forums will help solve your scientific deficiencies by calling you out.

That's because they came very late to Europe and only adopted Slavic language.

Poles, Czechs, Slovaks and other West Slavs sit in the same spot as long as "germanics".
Not an argument.

I didn't make anything and I provided sources.

If you're too retarded/lazy to read up, That's not my problem. Now fuck off.

I'm While it's true that Romanians use some Slavic words (like "da", "kurva" or "pizda"), they don't look like Slavs at all. Just because they have some Slavic vocabulary it doesn't make them Slavs, you might as well argue that blacks in America are actually Anglo-Saxons because they speak English.

Its true that language which was latin was purged of some slavic words but what "slavic culture", slavs before migration were tribals, theres not much culture to be had, especially as they intermixed heavly with natives

If you don't know anything about subject, refrain yourself from posting.

Problem is you still subscribe to 100 years old racial categorization, theres no slavic look same as theres no germanic or latin look.
While far off european populations might look on average somewhat different, there is no magic line which you cross and half of europe looks slavic