/hsg/ - Hearthstone General

Do You Miss Him Yet? edition

>20 min ago
"The team has been monitoring Ranked Play since coming back online last week. We are currently looking into potential issues surrounding Legend rank. We will update as more information becomes available."
source: us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20761947532

>News
playhearthstone.com/en-gb/blog/21534739

>Deck lists
hearthstonetopdecks.com
hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.net (Buy premium for us)
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)
vicioussyndicate.com
tempostorm.com

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2018/03/05/hearthstone-talking-tournaments-and-the-hall-of-fame-with-team-5?page=2
ign.com/articles/2018/03/05/hearthstone-talking-tournaments-and-the-hall-of-fame-with-team-5
strawpoll.me/15209229
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ya harr!

"Yarr" wow could they have tried even less with the new voice line? What about You're the Captain Now or I Used to be In Charge

Wait, what's the issue with Legend rank?

Quick make a new thread before too many people read the end of the last one

The rigged mechanics of it are being exposed hard. Brodecucks on overtime today

>When someone tries to queue in legend, they hit another match within the first matchmaking window … against a nonlegend opponent. If this isn’t always the case (I haven’t seen two legend players queue against each other yet), then at the very least it’s the case the vast majority of the time (a lot of this is hidden due to the ability to play in offline mode, though from streams, it appears most opponents are around rank 3). This means that you’re going to be hitting opponents with a much lower MMR than you have, and unless you maintain a crazy winrate, you’re going to drop ranks. This can be seen in Tyler’s spreadsheet, Gyong’s stats, and Siphwi’s stats.

RIP lil buddy

you'll always be in charge of my heart

just as cancerous as the rest of the game

I wish they didn't kill off quest rogue even more with the patches nerf, and now they're burying it and spitting on its grave with the coldlight HoF. They obviously immensely regret ever printing that quest.

It's funny watching the shills in here desperately try to steer and change topic of conversation whenever there's dissenting opinion. It's easy on reddit because of vote manipulation but here they just seem to post two or 3 times together starting a new, pro-HS comment chain amongst themselves and hope others latch on to it.

That "hurr durr tinfoil trump supporter" shit you guys pulled in the last thread was embarrassing, honestly.

>Open pack
>Doesn't let me click on the cards

Indie developer

(You)

...make me happy.

>need more stars now to get through the shitter ranks

>game mmr exposed to be a complete sham
>broken shit causes their esports 'athletes' massive grief as they can't grind their stupid points
>all happening when they're supposed to be exciting the player base for a new expansion

I don't know if three free packs are going to do it this time Brode.

I only miss your old intro.

Lul small indie company all these spaghetti code bugs definitely aren't exposed features of a rigged matchmaking system, just unintended side effects of the ranked changes right Ben?

Threadly reminder that Rexxar still hasn't been fixed

Are you joking or blind? Pretty much everyone here doesn't miss an opportunity to talk shit about hearthstone, we're pretty much in agreement that it's a shit game designed by shit developers.

There's always been a hidden mmr both at legend and within non-legend ranks, which is obviously what's been borked with these changes.

Is this the end? Is it all coming down? Maybe rig user is right

> But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up

why are wild players so try hard?

> customcard.jpg

Hey guys comment on this meme i just franticly made and stop insulting papa brode

Yeah I'm the exact same. Life is so much easier when you lose because of the matchup not because you are bad or anything. You just go "oh look it's a paladin, I guess I lose", you don't feel like you could play better or anything when you lose to them.

>Implying standard players aren't tryhard
>Where there're a shitload of the autists that care about m-muh HCT points
Nice bait.

IGN: How about Warsong Commander?

Yong Woo: I think that's the kind of situation where maybe it's more like Molten Giant, and we could consider a similar kind of transition. It's like, "This kind of Grim Patron situation was really skill testing and fun. Maybe we would consider it."
Source
ign.com/articles/2018/03/05/hearthstone-talking-tournaments-and-the-hall-of-fame-with-team-5?page=2

Because most of the people who play wild are people who just bring meta standard decks to wild trying to prey on the people using fun wild decks for ez legend.

At least we can all agree what a great guy Ben Brode (game developer)is, I mean even if we don't all agree with Blizzard's methods we can at least appreciate what a genuine, down to Earth person Ben is.

That would be nice

>tfw elements are still under radar

Is there a more fun, viable, and high skill ceiling deck out there than this?

HS isn't rigged lul as if a small indie company would be that competent xD it's all just spaghetti everywhere haha

*wow top comment! Thank so much ^^

>shotgun

>get hate mail after game
>accept it because these always come from the biggest losers EU West
>receive a LUL
>he unfriends me

Tell me, what is the purpose of this interaction?

LUL

Children playing a children’s card game acting childish.

>beats someone
>adds me
>messages me saying I suck and to kys
unadds me before I can respond

>loses
>adds me
>messages me saying I suck and to kys
>unadds me before I can respond

>enemy concedes before you can use your nut combo

FUCK YOU

The moment I see an OTK combo coming I concede just to make people like you upset and it brings me joy imagining you banging your keyboard in frustration because you couldn't even get the first fireball out

Why would someone stay in a game when the opponent is rolling out his combo? I just concede and get to my next game.
>but hurr he may make an error durrr
I am not sitting there waiting 1 full minute for this nigger to play his combo because he might make an error 1 time out of 10. Worst offenders are quest mage combos

So, 3 free K&C Packs when?

>he wouldn't concede a match that's easily lost already
Christ I do it on single player too even. Fuck it man, if my deck is painting its knees red for another deck's dick, I'll just leave. Faster for both of us

Soon TM

they just never bring it up again and hope people forget about it

Damn dude you are truly malicious. You really remind me of the Joker, just playing with peoples emotions like that
Absolutely evil xd

Spiteful Summoner was a mistake.

Big priest

High Roll: The Deck

make another with class and we are done

WHO?

THAT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM

Cuck fingers. Always have something ready the second you accept the invite. I always respond and then unfriend before they respond. Once I even responded a second before hey unfriended me and they tried friending me again. I ignored them. Maximum Chadstone player.

God it feels so good destroying Warlocks who think they're board/DK matter when you are Exodia Paladin

Welp, it could be worse.

I actually didn’t know this made you so upset. I just personally don’t need to sit and watch you max out a combo when you could end me in half a second with hero power.

Now that I know it makes you mad, I’ll be sure to concede just in time for the animations to get stuck on your faggot hero’s face.

quick think of a new hero power

Deal 3 damage randomly split among all enemies.

I can see this being attached some sort of mage hero card

>not reporting them for abusive language

Deal 2 damage, then deal 2 damage to your hero.

(2) Summon two random totems, deal 2 damage to both heroes, overload (2)

would "give a minion +2 attack this turn only" be balanced?

Give a friendly character +2 Attack is better since you can use it on an empty board.

are you aware of the dinosize hero power available to the hunter?

might be a bit too much, it's strictly better than hunter's unless you don't have minions to hit face with or they have a taunt

Tempted just to dust all my wild cards to craft some current stuff. Is it worth it?

wild shows no signs of being half-decent any time soon, but it's up to you

Discard one card, draw one card. That's what warlock's should've been.

Been playing since beta and I can safely say the last three expansions have brought the worst meta games in the history of Hearthstone. If this years rotation doesn't improve the game it is fucked beyond repair.

probably best to wait for the new expansion, but if you can't wait see if you can manage by just dusting the unplayables

>iceblock and ice lance died so brode could give us shatter for the classic set
BROOOOOOOOODE!
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODE!

>you will always be able to generate an unplayable card from random effects
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODE

>Kibler stream got 50k viewers right fucking now

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING???

>players just haven't figured out how good shatter is, yet

apparently some sort of amazon promotion. Kiblers making it big time

ITS 70K NOW AAAAAAAAAA

i did it mom
reddit

>hiding your name
Why are you so beta?

>namefagging
where do you think you are

Priest
Paladin
Lock
Priest
Paladin
Lock
Priest
Paladin
Lock
Priest
Paladin
Lock

That's a lot better than shamanstone or piratestone.

lol

Holy fucking shit, if Blizzard thinks the winrate of nagalock is fine as it is then there must be a metric fuckton of 6 year old retards that can barely operate a computer playing the deck. I mean what the fuck are they looking at? Do I really have to send them screenshots of the three 12-win runs I did with nagalock?
I'll quote them directly:
>if you look at the actually effectiveness of that card (naga sea witch) and that deck, from the data that we can see, it's not the winningest deck. It's okay. It's not even great.
I could understand if it was a high skill cap deck like old patron warrior, as that would explain why some people perform shit with the deck. But it's just not, as much as I'd like to believe it is, it's just not that fucking hard to play. Sure there are some people that tap last or play the wrong giants but those people are probably also going to misplay with cubelock and paladin or w/e.
>It's not even great
For fuck's sake, vs classes that don't run giant board wipes or don't try and kill you before turn 6 it's pretty much an auto-loss. You may as well concede if you see a warlock because there are so many of those shitters. Blizzard are even claiming that it's not played that much in wild either (which is probably because it's a snoozefest of a deck, there's very little impactful decision making). I can imagine that playing vs giants is such a fucking turn-off that people aren't playing the deck much either.

Don't even get me started about what they said about Barnes. Here's the article if anyone's interested: ign.com/articles/2018/03/05/hearthstone-talking-tournaments-and-the-hall-of-fame-with-team-5

>battling giant deck
>manage to double dragonfire potion full board of giants
>just plays 4 more giants in their place
>loses

Vote for the worse Shaman card:
strawpoll.me/15209229

>implying you get no Mages

Wtf even is this question? Runespear can asspull you some games with a surprise volcano or healing rain, or even 3 damage to face is useful. Moorabi, on the other hand, literally makes freeze shaman worse, as in the deck is stronger without it.

>Get a random animated berserker
>Opponent priest thinks he's clever by healing it to keep it alive
>Even fucking coins to heal it
>Obviously crush him
Why are priests so retarded?

>ladder so broken nobody can play ranked
>expansion news delayed
>viewer numbers tanking
yes, die, please fucking die. Send Ben back to the pizza place.

What deck would you guys craft?
Most decks right now have expensive cards that will rotate soon, like cubelock
Has anyone predicted the cube list before rotation?

i mean, after rotation

Why not just wait? It's pretty fucking boring if we solve the meta before it even fucking exists.
Also we don't know what they're printing, maybe OP cards for warrior/shaman and suddenly all the current warlock/priest/mage/paladin decklists are shit. Who knows dude?

Runespear is just RNG though. All the single target spells can just hit you in your face or your minions and there are not enough aoe to consistently get a favourable outcome. So most of the time you just paid 8 mana for a 3 atk weapon.

Yes but even some of the time, Runespear can be useful, even if it's just 20% of the time due to rng.

Moorabi, on the other hand, is useful 1% of the time. There's no amount of rng attached to him that can make it even situationally useful. It's just an incredibly terrible card. I'd run Runespear over Moorabi in freeze shaman every time.

>Meme answer
LUL
>Real answer
Projection to cover for their depression probably. Most well-adjusted adults have pretty tame reactions to most everything, it's the 19 year olds who think their Discord friendlist constitutes a social life that'll bitch at you. Fucking wiener kids.

it's only 23k
what happened?

fuck this game

why the fuck do you continue