/PIVX/ General - state of the piv address

Ya'll been FUDing my pivx for way too long. Time to let everyone know this coin is here to stay...

>has stayed within the top 6 trade volume coin of Bittrex every day for the past 2 months. (mostly within Top 3)
>masternode count went up from approx. 1950 to 2088 in the past 2 weeks. (MN count is stable)
>has been added to Livecoin & Changelly in the past 2 weeks. More exchanges in the talks.
>has had 2 major wallet releases within the past 3 weeks. (v2.2.0 then v2.2.1 which is very stable)
>devs have had a meeting with “the” Charles Hoskinson last week. He is interested in PIVX development.
>PIVX HD mobile wallet is in the works. More details avail. in few days. (coinomi as alternative)
>devs have now started the Zerocoin protocol project in full-throttle. (will be a game changer)
>was mentioned on nasdaq.com as one of 4 anonymous crypto
>budget system is back up with superblock (block 648000) happening in 9 days. (first time in 2017)
>block halving (50%) is happening on the same block in 9 days. From 10 to 5 PIV per PoS block.
>has at least 7 devs currently working on Qt/blockchain & mobile wallet etc. Anyone is welcome to join the dev team
>will work towards a ‘Community Designed Governance’ system that changes the distribution of votes, to include the entire PIVX community

Who else is holding?

Fuck you niggers. You are all a cult.

>You are all a cult.

You're absolutely right. We are a cult.

Nobody wants your disgusting cult coin, I doubled my investment and dump this shit.

Purple is one of those colors, too. I'm not sober. But I so badly want to contribute to this thread.

heh suit yourself my dude...

A year later this will be a $50 coin

If I get a purple ID or digits I'll take that as a sign from kek to go all in on this coin.

I think turd green is like the total opposite of purple kek

also, PIVX has pretty much bottomed out... been at 70k for a few days now. BUY THE DIP.

Yah, kek was pretty clear on this one.

>mfw kek is a chaos god and possibly just Jewed me out of my meme rocket for the lulz

rolling for color

Rolling for shade of purple and $6 pivx.

fuck, so close.

Convince me that this coin is a better investment than the hundreds of other altcoins out there

Easy. It's in a dip right now. Market cap puts it at around $10 (if you use that metric). The devs are very active see . Transactions are instant and the focus is on privacy. It's a fork of DASH (a $100 coin), but with better, newer tech, and far cheaper to purchase at $1.29 a coin. (it's new)

If dash made it to $100, and this coin is superior in almost every way, I think you'd be a fool not to buy a few for the long term.

What do you mean the market cap puts it at about $10?
I know if it flippens with DASH that price is right, is that it ?

1) no fork has ever surpassed an active OG
2) both PIVX & DASH are inferior to Monero

>2) both PIVX & DASH are inferior to Monero
Explain

he's referring solely to the privacy factor of monero being superior, which is about the only edge it has.

Why I choose PIVX over XMR would be because PIVX is far more undervalued than XMR being that it is about a year newer IIRC and the transactions are INSTANT. Monero is still slower than both PIVX and DASH and I think that is a huge disadvantage.

Don't get me wrong though, the Monero team is good and the coin is very transparent... something that you don't get from most other coins. It's not a bad coin at all, and just because you like one doesn't mean you have to hate the other.

XMR is sadly just a very well played out scam. Whats even worse is that I'm being unironic. They trusted a jew

PIVX literally has no flaws.

inb4 some idiot says "Hurr, its a fork of DASH durr"

Yeah...how is that a flaw?

Name an actual flaw with PIVX.

Protip: You can't.

Buy the dip people, it's at 69k

If PIVX hit $1 there's no reason why XBY could too.

coin mixing a shit

Saying it's "only" superior concerning privacy is absurd, as privacy is their primary purpose

well thats the only thing that it has an advantage and the advantage is so slight that it is negligible when the need for such a high degree of "privacy" doesn't even approach needs of the normie masses.

Lets not forget that the reason BTC is successful is because there is mass appeal... it is becoming widely recognized (slowly) and because the blockchain transactions are more visible to state actors (IRS, SEC, etc)... this legitimizes it's use.

Sadly, businesses will have a tough time adopting a currency that hides all of this from the government... which is why I think the absurd level of privacy protection afforded by Monero is moot if that is your sole argument as to why it would be better than PIVX, especially when PIVX is faster, cheaper, and more secure against a 51% attack because it is proof-of-stake.

BTC was successful because it was first, not because of mass-appeal tech. It's easily the worse crypto from an innate usability prospective

The argument that XMR is "too private" is rubbish as governments aren't likely to be wonderfully receptive to any privacy based systems, they aren't going to draw the line at DASH et al.

Monero's privacy is head and shoulders above DASH, and your argument that DASH is "good enough" undercuts PIVX. If DASH is good enough vs. a system which it is vastly inferior (Monero), than it's also good enough vs. a system which it is at best mildly inferior (PIVX)

PIVX is a stinker either way

So many replies and still nobody pointed out actual flaws in PIVX.

A perfect coin? I think so.

this

Next stop: $6.

You're bringing DASH into this, I was making a comparison between PIVX and XMR. PIVX is slightly (as of now) inferior to XMR privacy-wise... not sure about DASH in those terms.

You say PIVX is a stinker, but you give zero evidence.

And BTC wasn't successful because it was the first of it's kind. It was successful because it was the only of it's kind. There's a difference, think about it. But my reasoning stands, because it is much more widely accepted than any other coin, and that if what we see as technological faults and privacy/security concerns is a plus by governments and institutions that seek to regulate it, then privacy goes out the window if you're seeking that same level of mass appeal. This is the point I'm trying to make... that Moneros slight advantage in privacy over PIVX is outweighed by other factors. I understand the fundamentalists like to harp about the ethics of crypto, but when it comes down to it, you'll never be able to order a latte from starbucks with a coin thats sole purpose is to hide transactions (XMR)

Pivx is a fantastic coin that is far from done in terms or price.

PIVX is a fork of DASH, why wouldn't I bring it up?

You're arguing the microscopic differences between DASH and PIVX matter, while the massive differences between DASH and Monero don't.

Obviously both can't be true, and in other case PIVX is a loser.

>fundamentalists like to harp about the ethics of crypto, but when it comes down to it, you'll never be able to order a latte from starbucks with a coin thats sole purpose is to hide transactions (XMR)

Very well put.

Whichever coin is the most anonymous will have its growth stunted due to being labeled the black market coin.

If Monero wants to serve that tiny niche, good for them, but then there's no comparison to any other crypto.

Otherwise, this isn't horses vs. automobiles, this is Blu-Ray vs. DVD-HD, and the winner will be decided by who establishes the better image. Monero's been around a while and the (literal) bronies behind it haven't exactly been making waves.

>but guise what if it gets pigpen-holed in the $10 trillion/year black market
DASH isn't as private as Monero, isn't fast and sexy as NEM or ETH, and wasn't the first like bitcoin

PIVX inherits all the middling problems of DASH, while bringing nothing new to the table

...$10 trillion/year is the total black market capitalization (not crypto), the majority of which will always be in cash. If Monero even decides to go in that direction, then enjoy your constant government interference while PIVX soars to DASH levels through superior branding, community, and outreach, unencumbered by the same middling problems that didn't bother DASH users either.

Except black markets actually have reason to adopt a crypto, what reason is there for white markets to adopt a 50th run shitcoin like PIVX?

Not to mention that privacy in cryptonote based cryptos like Monero is innate, vs. the masternode mixing that looks an awfully lot like money laundering in DASH. Any government action aimed at cryptonote cryptos will also target DASH et al

PIVX and Monero both have a long future ahead of them and you guys would be total retards to believe that only one or the other is worth buying and holding.

Monero being a 'black market coin' might be bad for banks, but news flash: the black market is a massive one with all sorts of transactions all the time.

PIVX is 'private enough' for almost all crypto purposes and also fast enough to satisfy the ADHD generation. Look at how stable it has been through the past week or so of crazy wild market activities.

I didn't say anything about DASH until you brought it up, but I'll bite.

DASH was and, in my mind, always will be a scamcoin because of the insta-mining on release.

So I ask you this: what is the price of DASH right now? $90, right?

What is the price of monero? $30, right?

Now, take note the price of PIVX: $1.22

We can make tech comparisons and talk in circles all day and night but worst case scenario PIVX is only slightly better than DASH, a $90 coin... or is only slightly "worse" than Monero, a $30 coin. And you can get it at $1.22.

Are you saying that this coin isn't undervalued? Do you believe it's reached it's ALT at ~$2/coin?

If you believe that, then please tell me why. I don't believe that, otherwise I wouldn't be shilling. I believe it's gonna go up. Sooner or later, when all the people with shakey hands who lost at the dip from it's previous ATH stop blaming the coin and recover from their seething rage, it WILL get added to Polo, and I think this will be a decent catalyst.

Holy shit you're an idiot

The price of one coin doesn't matter as supply varies massively

DASH was brought-up because PIVX is a joke

PIVX brings nothing to the table

The value of shitcoin forks is rarely more than 1/10 the parent, PIVX is if anything overvalued @ $60m

>Except black markets actually have reason to adopt a crypto, what reason is there for white markets to adopt a 50th run shitcoin like PIVX?

What reason is there for people to buy Pepsi when Coke exists? Pepsi brings nothing to the table.

Some of the many potential answers are good business development, marketing, dealmaking, and everything else that a successful product does better than a less successful one. At this point no coin really brings anything to the table; they're all equally suited to be adopted by various niches -- which almost none of them has been except bitcoin -- and yet there's still tons of money in them and they differ wildly in price.

If none of that matters, then you should probably just put 100% of your portfolio into bitcoin (because, you know, it's the first) and Monero because of le silk road.

And of course, speculation's gonna happen regardless.

Of the top 10, 7 bring something new to the table, the 3 that don't are forks of the top 3, none of which are worth more than 8% of the parent, PIVX @ $64m is 10.2% of its parent, it is if anything overvalued

>Of the top 10, 7 bring something new to the table,

So 30% of the top 10 don't even bring anything new to the table, but are still top 10. Interesting, but I think we explained that to you multiple times. But wait...

>the 3 that don't are forks of the top 3.

Again, still top 10, still worth lots of money. It's not a competition to #1, it's a matter of whether they will gain or not.

If you only invest in things that "bring something new to the table" then there you go, that was easy. Buy those and come back in 3 years when Humaniq has solved Africa's bank account crisis and Sia has decentralized the web.

>the 3 that don't are forks of the top 3, none of which are worth more than 8% of the parent, PIVX @ $64m is 10.2% of its parent, it is if anything overvalued

This is a completely arbitrary metric. Another way to put that same point would be, "Why are those other coins only worth 8% of the parent when PIVX is worth 10.2% of the parent? Clearly those other coins are undervalued." Or, "Why is Bytecoin only worth $0.000468 when Bitcoin is worth $1750? They both start with the letter B, if anything Bytecoin is undervalued."

>The value of shitcoin forks is rarely more than 1/10 the parent, PIVX is if anything overvalued @ $60m

And such a huge sample size you have to draw from for this expert analysis. It's clear you don't understand the unpredictable nature of this infant technology.

...remember the ETH hard fork? By every indication ETC was supposed to fall to the ground like a dead rotted tree limb. Vitalik even admitted he can't explain why it has ANY value whatsoever. Old tech... the turdsplosion of ETH that was supposed to spray the crypto toilet bowl and flush away with the water is still here... and not only is it here, it's at $6-$7 a coin.

And here you are FUDing along with the rest of the robots that all come crawling out of the shadows any time someone starts a PIVX thread. And it's always the same:

>"I swear it brings nothing new to the table"
>"b-but monero is better"
>"It's just another fork and forks are bad because they are bad"

I swear sometimes I think these people are a part of organized effort to fud the hell out of pivx

Thinking of investing 1BTC in this. If purple or blue or dubs I will.

do it my boy

ive been bagholding for weeks. bought in at 79k before it hit $2 and have been holding ever since.

30 posts later and nobody has still pointed out any actual flaws with PIVX.