/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #759

''Partners in Science'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Farewell Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OBYMX2ZSdos

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − 06 March 2018 (Out Now)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0
youtube.com/watch?v=2aSC1kY30uI

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/15180144
strawpoll.me/15180164
strawpoll.me/14890728
strawpoll.me/14944314

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
strawpoll.me/15208350
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=qpgTC9MDx1o
youtube.com/watch?v=f6BTHEZbVnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Fuck yes. I loved it!

Max is #1

Reminder Farewell all but confirmed this is canon.

Always kiss the Price.

ok, guys, it was a fun ride, hopefully we all stop wasting our time with this finished storyline and this will be a last thread

I feel so sad and empty. We're never going to see them again. I think I'm starting to spiral. I was afraid this was going to happen after Farewell.

Farewell pretty much destroyed any chance of Bay happening, every other line was how Max loved Chloe more than anything else

Never, its back to cuteposting and bickering about ships until S2

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Rachel > Max

Are you new to this fandom?
Until mid-2017 we were all sure we would never see them again.

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

Fuck off retard

strawpoll.me/15208350
Please take a moment to answer my poll. I am curious what your thoughts are. Thank you.

>BtS was such a shitshow it ruined any goodwill people had towards the game and caused an user to kill himself
Zak and Ashly need to answer for their crimes.
/lisg/ ISIS-style lynchmob when?

Another retcon;

In episode 4, after Max tears the William's photo up, she says she will never abandon Chloe in a serious manner.

Now what we already got in Farewell? -> Max's leaving a "farewell" tape. If she really did leave this tape (to dontnod s intentions) then why the hell she bothered herself for telling these again? Or why the hell Chloe didn't say "Hey, I knew that you were gonna move in to Seattle" in S1

The more they add something, the more they add retcon

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

So that's it. It wasn't absolutely amazing or enlightening, but it wasn't terrible either. Maybe not worth such a long wait but it was nice nonetheless. A good send off to these characters and a good prelude to the two stories these games show.

FOREVER!

This may be Youngechosugar's best, which is all the more fitting because it's possibly his last.

Because her memory got erased right after future Max jumped out of the photo?

I feel so bad about suicidal user. I feel awful for them.

>he came back for farewell
I'm truly ready to let go now

How long does something like this take to make?

Someone killed themselves last thread by the sound of it, you could be worse.

Max said those words to Chloe right before leaving the past, perhaps that entire thing was erased and it only existed for those few seconds between them. But it was still Max speaking truly to Chloe, face to face.
The tape came later on and was tangible. It was as Max left and both of them would remember it. It wasn't DONTNOD's intention, but it was a way by Deck Nine to help Max give a real goodbye to Chloe.
I wish we got to see some of Max's time in Seattle, but it wasn't what they wanted to show. They wanted Farewell to be purely centered on Max and Chloe and that tape is their last heartfelt correspondence until they run into each other again give years later.

There is no such a thing. Autopilot Max doesnt remember but original Max does.

To BtS original Max already left a tape, but somehow S1 didn't present it in that way, and original devs made it seem like they have never been in touch and Chloe didnt know it until the last time.

Cough Retcon

>S2 coming
You wish, legion fag

Farewell wasn't the reason. They just wanted to play before they went I believe
Where do you think we go when we die?
So tortured lonely souls finally get the love they were deprived in life?

Retcons. Retcons everywhere. I await a list of all the retcons so I can spam them.

Okay, here it is

1. Bay

I wish I knew, user. The fact I don't is what keeps me from following them.

why there is multiple conclusion again?

like when you already told Chloe about you were gonna go (and she says she already knew it but didnt tell it to hide her sadness) , the changes in ending is kinda stupid. like tape's existence, I mean prior to that Max already promised that she was gonna keep in touch with her if you chose to tell the truth to Chloe. and another thing, telling Chloe this earlier makes her more happy? i know it doesnt but can someone explain this both conclusion for me. in either way, Chloe is depressed as fuck anyway

I don't believe we go anywhere when we die. And the sad thing is that suicide user seemed to believe that too, and he still did it.

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay.

Nah Young Max was, then she left and it became Chloe, then Max came back and it was her again

Silly, anons. There is no such thing as death. Your life just repeats. What do you think that deja vu feeling you get at certain times?

Only because Max and Chloe are in Seattle :)

I think what's interesting will be if this general can survive until E3 when we assume S2 will be revealed

Why the hell was Max doing in William's funeral? I thought it was established in S1 that Max left AB before his funeral?

Tape message is stupid for me too (not that I didn't like it, it just doesn't fit with whole story)

Of course it can.

I will never get to see my muse with decent facial animations.
Why live, /lisg/?

>he doesn't know about Life is Strange: The Max Caulfield collection that will be released for the PlayStation 5

/lisg/ survived for two beautiful years without any new content. It'll survive til June. For me, that's when it's going to die.

retconception

Farewell was fucking shit. What a waste of my time.

Sounds like hell desu

>tfw can never live in the Pacific Northwest

>Deck9 retconned their own story (bts)
they are hack writers, aren't they?

Why are you underestimating /lisg/? This general survived from October 2015 to June 2017 without any new content at all.

If any of you feel sad LiSG is always here for you

Adam Levine here reminds me of Jefferson.

youtube.com/watch?v=qpgTC9MDx1o

You know. If there wasn't pain. I'd do it for sure.

I coudlent be a jumper like Kate. But a painless method. Yeah. I have a lot of things I want to escape from. You just get numb. Stuff like lis that's my happy space and my social interaction to pretend I have friends

You get headpats, Kate

I've just realised I Am like Chloe when people who are supposed to be my friends ignore me

Interesting, LiS has only made me very sad but the general keeps me going

I can't believe suicide user is gone

Same. Two of my childhood friends don't talk to me anymore, despite me trying. They're different people now anyway.

Is Katie sad because Vic is out of town visiting relatives?

I'm sure there's a lot more people that have been turned away from suicide due to how this game affected them. We should just be happy suicide user got to see his favorite characters one last time.

There was always hope though. Now we've got our max and Chloe and it's over now

cutest girl in my backyard

Can we all agree that this was the worst episode in all of /lisg/'s history?
btw not the picture itself but the context of it...

No shes lying there with a smile. Probably because she's safe in max's lap where mean bitch victoria can't bother her.

>''We now look forward to the coming months, when Michel Koch and Raoul Barbet's team at DONTNOD returns to present the new story and characters of the next Life is Strange. Until then, Farewell!''

Probably of only because the shitposters leading up to it got absolutely BTFO along with the leak fags

>new characters
Literal trash

They did it. They actually did it!

Max and Chloe have now dug up two of Chloe's loves. T^T

DONTNOD gave us Max, Chloe, Kate, Dana, Victoria, Joyce, and William.
I am 100% confident that whatever characters we get in LiS 2 will be absolutely based.

I think you meant this user

Nah
They'll never strike gold again

DeckNine gave us 0

get fucked D9

I liked their Chloe. They captured those last vestiges of her playfulness that we saw in the S1 photojump

Did George Lucas write this?

just got in. was Leakerfag btfo eternally?

Public execution when?

damn, tabletopanna finally made a semi-decent meme

>Season 2 LiS

>Male Chad protagonist reaches the endgame and discovers "the great devourer"
>is revealed to be the true architect of the events of LiS and the deaths of Rachel and Chloe, that it required the sorrow of a pure heart to survive another 1000 years and that it created the tornado and maxes to trick max into losing her friend

youtube.com/watch?v=f6BTHEZbVnY

>The monster attempts to strike the hero
>at this point our protagonist powers activate and engages in an epic power up while his friends look on in awe
>being the chosen one this terrified the monster
>after a gratuitous fight scene the beast is defeated and the protagonist gains powers over time and space and reality
>montage of him bringing back everyone who died in LiS, William, Rachel, Chloe and vaporising Jefferson and the Cult members in LiS 2
>hero finishes off the monsters after correcting history
>"what are you?" It pleads with him "no human can defeat me"
>the hero looks the monster in its soulless eyes
>I am a Saiyan, my name is chad

I love my pregnant Kate, you bitch!

>pregnant Kate

So I'm confused by the timeline of the day William died/Farewell.

The girls are with William in the morning, just before he leaves the house. They're dressed like pic related. And the Farewell episode takes place on the same day, literally hours later? But the girls are now in new outfits for some reason? I guess they could have gotten changed, but it's not really clear why they would have, and it seems a little odd to muddy the water like this if you're trying to set the episode on the same day we saw back in the original game.

The episode also starts with the girls hoping Joyce doesn't hear the bottle rocket go off, but then later in the episode they remark that they know Joyce and William have both been out all day?

There are also little inconsistencies that may simply be oversights. For example, William's camera being in Chloe's room with Chloe remarking that her father put it there for Max to use ... despite our seeing literally exactly the last interactions William had with the camera in the kitchen before he left the house and died.

Unless I'm missing something here, does anyone else get the feeling the Farewell wasn't originally supposed to be set on the day William died, and that they may have changed this at some point during the development?

>Episode 5 is so dense, it has so much going on.
>The bathroom is the key to everything.
>The ending is stylistically designed to be that way.

If you look at the pile of clothes in Chloe's room, Max says they were playing dress up with them earlier. One of the shirts in the pile is the one Max wore in the morning.

Oh I did see that line, but I didn't realise the shirt was there or make the connection.

Yes Chloes sweater from the photojump in S1 is in the pile

tfw live in pacific northwest

just noticed this...

>she didn't grow at all in 5 years
Whaddafug

WA?

BC
This game may have inspired me to head south for the summer check out WA and Oregon

I just want to take a moment to thank all of you for being here. Coming to this general every day and discussing things with you all or just cuteposting is one of the best parts of my life. I'm grateful for this game and I'm grateful for all of you. The things that you do matter to people; you can have a large affect on someone even if you never meet in person. Don't forget that.
I look forward to all the discussions and threads we have leading up to season 2. It's gonna be hype!

Oh. :c

Kilgore is a treasure.

>Wanting to actually go to that state.
Don't let the game warp your perception of reality.

>cuteposting is one of the best parts of my life
I hate to break it to you but your life might suck if that's the case.. just saying