/xgg/ - Xenogames General #121 - Wake up call

USE SPOILER TAGS (Press Ctl+S to make them.)
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg (

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Multimedia Links
pastebin.com/2gUL5sWK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY (embed)
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous Thread: >>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwqGW99DLDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>(embed)
>no link to previous thread
Amateurish!

You fucked up lad
2/10

Best girl, best outfit

Nia is lewd! Lewd!!!

Let this one die and make a new thread

the god of creation made her that way

WHERE
ARE
THE
DOUJINS

Do Chain Attacks count as Blade Combos for the purpose of granting Blade Combo damage boosts?

Link to previous thread

YOU HAVE 1 MINUTE TO THINK OF YOUR BLADE MERCENERY MISSIONS NAME

WE ARE...

THE YOUTH OF THE NATION

Someone post that color wheel with the elemental combos
I have the hardest time setting more than 4 orbs

Read the OP

Retard Rapport

THE BENCH WARMERS

THE LAZY GENERATION

Autistic Adenine Admirers.

wait, don't I need a blade first? I-I mean I've been thinking about making one.. but that'd be kinda dumb, right?
e-especially if he's a big gulajin lookin ice type motherfucker with a double-ended trident
and maybe a tail..

post endgame parties
r8 n h8

>get that story quest in chapter 4 where you have to look for footprints
>game gives a tutorial on how some quests can be open-ended with multiple solutions
>no quest like that ever appears in the game again

dont forget

oh who am I kidding
we'd be Cold Comfort.
>And we're ready to hug our problems away.

literally me except zenobia = wulfric and agate = nia

also Rex is the lead in mine

No screenshot because I just started NG+
Morag: Brighid, Theory, Finch
Tora: duh
Nia: Dromarch, Boreas, Ursula

>taking a screenshot of a console with a dedicated screenshot button

>so many good blades in the game

>cant use them all at once

good character design hurts

There are a few sidequests that give you merc missions or field skill checks.
Every fucking time.

>some of the coolest blades are obsoleted by story ones
goddamn it newt why did you have to be fire

Convince me to finish chapter 3 and Kill Vandham

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 listed on the Challenging games list for Switch by Nintendo
Scrubs weebs BTFO

>Brighid is fire
I really, truly wish to know what the fuck the devs were thinking by giving another party member a fire type blade they can't drop. For most of the game anyway. Out of all the elements to overlap that's the worst one.
>also gets a water blade from the story
>Rex and Nia's water blades
It's like they purposely tried as hard as possible to make you not want to use Morag in your party.

You know, making Brighid an ice blade wouldn't have been totally out of the question considering Godfrey's "flames of justice."

It's not really a good or bad thing. If you have a diverse set of elements, you can do a lot of different seals. If you stack a lot of the same elements, chaining is far simpler.

CURSED IMAGE
Do not open!

I love her design and the blue flame aesthetic but man she should have been ice. Or anything but fire/water/earth/electric. There's no need for the main party's main blades to have redundant elements.
It's an awful thing for a fire blade. By the time Morag even joins your party you have the best blade in the game for shitting out fire specials with 0 cooldown so getting a blade combo with it is never hard to do.

Young Morag in dress is cute, CUTE

>you can follow the footprints if you have the field skill prerequisites!!
>they're all rare skills I haven't pulled
>GEEZ YOU SUCK KID, I'LL COVER FOR YOU THIS TIME OK
Give me 50/50 chances of killing an NPC over this shit any day

>Pyra is fire
>Poppi QT is fire
>Brighid is fire
All of this yet there's not a single fire healer Blade in the game.

It seems to me the idea was for certain elements to largely go with certain types. Fire for attackers, water and lightning for healers, and dark for tanks. Would you agree that those are disproportionately represented?
I suppose it's more like some types are excluded from some elements.

>Perun and Godfrey are both heroic personalities with ice affinity
What drives them? Passion? Fury? Or is it the pursuit of just ice?

well they wanted homura to have a sort of contrasting blade who is also strong but relies entirely on ether, so we could see exactly what makes homura special. it was important. the problem was not letting her be unequipped just because she's important for story. Why not just.. have her appear in cutscenes but not be in your battle party? what difference does that make?

youtube.com/watch?v=wwqGW99DLDc

I mean, that same mechanism trivializes all of comboing anyway, so to complain about this particular aspect of it is sort of moot. Like in the beginning of the game you sort of have to work at your combos, by the middle you can rattle them off like no problem unless you really aren't mindful about your setups, and toward endgame when they give you Pyra/Mythra Super Saiyan form it's just a joke.

Weapon types in X also had element exclusions, so it's unsurprising that that turns up in 2.

hehehe.
basically if you look at life through calm, cool eyes, justice and peace will always prevail. only hotheads want strife.

sincerely, ice type

I like Xenoblade memes a little too much

I feel like XB2 is one of the least deserving of this, but I don't mind it at all.
I wish X got a bit of these.

>Complete version
Didn't give all the constables ardian solider faces
ONE FUCKING JOB

Do not look at this picture
It contains things you cannot unsee.

delete this immediately

the hell. i do not remember this fight.

Fucking around with gimmick builds.

COME AGAIN LADDIE?

Maybe this will jog ye memory.

yeah this one I remember. this back alley
but not over here by the chasm and bridges.

I can't tell who Patroka looks like and it bugs the shit out of me. I thought maybe it was the girl from Matilda, but now that I actually look at her I don't see it as much.

Best girl.

which one?
I see Pandoria and Zeke and he may be a boy but I've seen the term "best girl" used for both boys and girls

Radical Larry.

She looks like she belongs in X

The motion blur in this game makes everything better

>fucking boneheads

This is the culmination of years of training.
I have more than 60 various screenshots of her eyes, with hundreds culled.

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door, the WRPG club's two pages down.

How rare is that?

Almost as rare as an enemy dying because they hit the barrier of the battle.

Maps when?

Why are both Xenoblade games voiced by Europe?

The first one is because NoA didn't want to bring it over
The second one because the first one was.

Fuck you Xenoman.

I WANNA SNIFF FINCH'S CROTCH

What was Padraig thinking about in this moment?

"So...
This was the result of years of training"

>All Blades can be dispatched on Merc Missions.

So, I'm assuming Blades just appear in cutscenes regardless of whether or not they're technically present, but what does the game do if you send a Blade on a Merc mission, then you trigger a story event where they leave for a few minutes or get kidnapped?

>Added a “simple mode” option allowing players to skip the lottery animation when bonding with Blades.

Thanks, but sorry guys, you don't get as many points for something that should have been there from the beginning.

'I can harness that energy.'

THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED

...IT'S LOUD ROAR... MISTAKE WERE MADE!

Everytime

why's that cute generic there?

DELETE THIS

Nigga you trying to make me cry?

Padraig thought he could resonate with a blade. Blood everywhere inside his suit.
She photobombed the shot/

I believe they have a warning that the mission gets cancelled if they're required for the plot.

that hurts them?

Seems silly if that happens every time they're simply present in a scene, considering everyone's main Blade tends to be in every cutscene and H2H whether they're central to it or not. Like I'd only feel safe sending Pyra out for an hour mission if I was farming plants or something.

Kind of figured it'd be like in other games where sometimes your party splits up in a somewhat contained area for story reasons, but if you get in a battle or something they all are present.

You didn't know?

I can't imagine why that would be the case. It doesn't hurt you, and its function is to hold you in.

>get to tantal
>already don't like Zeke because he's been an ass this whole time and now suddenly he's my best bro or some shit and tagging along
>show up at the king's place with official paperwork and shit
>he just rips it up and takes Pyra because he wants to kill her
>throws me and everyone else in jail
>break out, have to kick a few dozen asses along the way
>king STILL wants to kill her even after we show up
>just barely avoid it
>Rex then decides to save this titan for some reason
>no, Rex, fuck this place and fuck these assholes
>go to get the thing or whatever
>have to fight 3 assholes once I finally fucking get to it
>beat them handily because I'm level 60+ at this point
>Jin shows up
>beating him handily when suddenly the battle ends with a cutscene
>makes me look like a fucking chode then steals Pyra and makes me out to be a cuck
Fuck this stupid game. Why should I even keep playing? I spend hours leveling up only to made to look like a total dickwad in cutscenes. And every time I try and do something some jackass tries to stop me so I push his shit in and then I have to act like he's my best friend. Happened with Vandham, happened with Zeke, will probably happen with some other faggots. I'm done. How many times does Rex have to get his ass kicked and face shoved into the dirt before he realizes no one on this gay planet is worth saving?

Somewhere around 150 in-game hours ago, I stopped progressing the story. I was at that point in chapter 8 where you get your party back right before going to the World Tree. I knew that you lost a specific location, so I wanted to get as much done as possible before going further.

I got every remaining Rare Blade including KOS-MOS and Agate (probability table 5, 0.13%) and I pushed all their Affinity Charts as far as they would go. I did every quest I could (including the entirety of Ursula's), every Merc mission, got Zeke to a perfect Thought Cloud, got a Light Core for Poppi, beat Kurodil, etc. I went from being in the lower 60s to being level 91 during this time, and I have enough bonus EXP to go even higher. I have every Rare Blade distributed exactly how I want.

There are still things I can do (get Rex/Nia/Morag to perfect Thought Clouds, max out every weapon on every character, do some grinding in Tiger! Tiger! for Master Mods, use the guide to double check every treasure chest in the game, try to collect one of every rarity for every accessory, etc), but I think that I should actually progress in the game.

In what chapter do I fight the other party members? The guide says their levels correspond to my actual party, and I want to fight level 99 versions of them.

same

you are a fucking chode with that attitude

People have said the levels do NOT scale, and they showed proof, but it's possible it scales then subtracts 3 or something

Yeah, honestly, Tantal is about where I think the story gets a little stupid. The thing with the King and Pyra is this age-old plotline of Takahashi's dating back to Xenogears when they try to freeze Fei in carbonite because his alter-ego was 2stronk, except in that story it sort of made sense because Fei couldn't control Id. But in Xenoblade 2, it's harder to buy that people want Pyra dead because there isn't that volatile aspect to her power.

The King is this total dipshit who's a "stoic making a tough decision," then after you save Pyra, you're expected to immediately forgive him because whoops, easy mistake, thought we had to Bin Laden the shit out Pyra, you understand right? And part of it is supposed to be, "Uh, it's Zeke's dad!" but like you said, Zeke is just kind of this ancillary dipshit who at some point early in development was probably not even meant to be a party member, but they just kind of ran with it because why not. But he's not at all compelling, even less than Tora possibly.

I started skipping a lot of cutscenes sometime a bit after that point.

>TFW your ship is canon

The feeling of being bog standard?