/neog/ - SNK and NeoGeo General

Best Girl Edition

SNK's new online shop is open:
snk-onlineshop.com/

KoF Destiny animated series out now on Steam and SNK's youtube:
store.steampowered.com/app/642890/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_DESTINY/

Latest episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=py6E47fK4RM

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy coming to Switch and PS4!
nintendo.com/games/detail/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-switch
youtube.com/watch?v=-sNP7l71miI
youtube.com/watch?v=5iklbqJuY5E

Geese Howard in Tekken 7:
youtube.com/watch?v=mXCZ0mnapMw

Heidern arrives for KOFXIV!
youtu.be/iyTO2w63QE4

The Last Blade 2 is now on Steam!
youtube.com/watch?v=77BDTOORbMk

KOF '97 Global Match coming this April!
youtube.com/watch?v=ku5cG1j1sA8

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6AMOP0TT8

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New SNK mobage Kimi wa Hero is out (JP only):
snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=YGDi1iGo5eE
youtube.com/watch?v=qRfrPylEeDg

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

KOFXIV Punish Guide:
youtu.be/AxWvmrQAd9o

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
Search for the "King of Data XIV" app on your mobile device's store!

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Tatibana_2/status/970720538111848448
youtube.com/watch?v=Io1f0vUIe3A
twitter.com/falcoon_master/status/906000251395248128
gematsu.com/2018/03/interview-snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-yasuyuki-oda-kaito-soranaka-nis-america-staff
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=67595880
twitter.com/izumireona/status/970904174895407106
youtube.com/watch?v=tiiSqUXzFj4
youtube.com/watch?v=rb5osINTNn8
youtu.be/_ECTtlsDnbo?t=18
youtube.com/watch?v=lh03XgYkP6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Hqsi1faToow
twitter.com/DynaBuster/status/971024159760441344
youtube.com/watch?v=yL_66XnqxTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Happy Birthday to my wife!

Happy Birthday Angel!

twitter.com/Tatibana_2/status/970720538111848448

>new thread
>already ded
wew

These guys actually held an og FF tournament.
youtube.com/watch?v=Io1f0vUIe3A

Kek at the match in which the Terry player just waited in the corner for Joe to get killed by Tung and they both got BTFO by him in the end anyways.

I like the guys at mikado thy hold other crazy stuff like a SSVS hara-kiri tourney. What's next a SF (1987) tournament?

b-bump already

I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of neogeo

Ask me anything you're curious about

How pre-2001 neogeo titles play their music?

Bump with Shinkiro's only and last Rock artwork

>As stated before they're completely different series. They've stated they made this because the girls were getting popular and that thy wanted something on the fun and silly side, again since this is something new why would one assume Miss X was automatically in? People started asking for that character AFTER the game was announced some thinking there was some sort of connection to gals fighters while some not. Then SNK went from we currently don't have DLC planned to we are considering it/planning after they heard about fans wanting Miss X. At least the Shermiefags were asking for her to be brought before then. There were people that thought it was a sequel or something as well as those that asked "why not call it queen of fighters?".
>I'm not saying Miss X won't be added in eventually, but why would people think she'd be in automatically from the get go if it's supposedly something different? That'd be kinda like people assuming Haohmaru would be in initially if a new LB were to be made.
No. That's people assuming Kyo and Iori would be in a new crossover of SNK franchises that is not named KOF but NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

How can you blame people expecting one of the most memorable thing in their previous attempt of having a silly all girls fighter?

And by the way. People are asking for MissX to be an alternate costume for Iori ever since they stated that XIV would have that feature.

>Angel pic OP

BASED

Heroine addict is clearly a spiritual successor to SNK Gals Fighters, ofc people assume Miss X will make it in. Name a SNK crossover Kyo or Iori wasn't in? Kyo appeared in Miss Xs Ending btw for those who never played it

I think it was sha-v who said that they used synthetized stuff for previous games and KOFXIV was the first in the series that used real instruments. Or maybe that was just him and others did different.

Happy birthday overrated bitch

>Wouldn't putting him in drag require another model made from scratch? Is that not what different costumes are like the DLC ones in XIV?

I don't have much knowledge about game modeling, but from what little I understand, you can create a base, as if it were a "skeleton" and add things like hair, clothes, accessories, etc in separate "layers".

That way if you want to change a character's clothes or hair you can just use the model you already have as a base and modify the part you want. Or else imagine if for SNK Heroines they would have to create a new model for each different outfit? That's why 3D is so time saving, they had a lot of work for modeling +50 characters for XIV, but now they have a lot of bases to use in other games and focus in improving textures, changing outfits/hairstyles and movesets.

And like said, the premisse for Heroines is basically "cute SNK crossover game with girls!" so of course people would assume Miss X could be in it.

I mean, the premise is the same as Gals Fighters, so people assumed it was some sort of continuation or was at least related to it.

Pre 2001 Neogeo had its own sound studio (Like Taito's Zuntata or Data East's Gamadelic) many of them being veterans (Tate Norio for example had worked for Sega and Capcom before joining Neo-Geo.)

Hardware wise, the neogeo used the YM2610 sound chip which had 7 channles of ADPCM sound sampling. This let them get good crisp recorded sound and voice samples on their games. They weren't the first to do this though.

>KOFXIV was the first in the series that used real instruments.
>XIV
>Live Instruments

Wrong. The only instruments that wer elive recorded was the Saxophone for Iori's theme and the Japanese flute for Geese's Soy sauce kodofufufu theme. Everything else is synthetized. XIII was the first KOF to use live instruments making it pointless to give it an AST like the previous titles. They even made it the main topic during Mature's reveal on the podcast that the Saxophone was live recorded and that it was expensive. Low budget game with a low budget soundtrack.

People asked for this faggot into KOF and they don't even have the audacity to play him, or XIV as a whole for that matter.

What is the correct way of writing down what people scream in Metal Slug when they die?

twitter.com/falcoon_master/status/906000251395248128

>pointless to give it an AST like the previous titles.
2002UM came before without the "need" of an AST and I say even XI didn't need an AST I don't even remember if the PS2 version features it.. It was just the NeoGeo games that "needed" another arrangement for its ports on more powerful consoles and to sell CDs.

>XIII was the first KOF to use live instruments
Source on that? XIV was the first that I know of touching the subject.

Since it was posted at the end of the other thread here's the last interview for SNK Heroines again,

gematsu.com/2018/03/interview-snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-yasuyuki-oda-kaito-soranaka-nis-america-staff

This isn't lewd user. Where's the lewd bday Angels at????

Close enough

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=67595880

L-lewd!

Cute!

twitter.com/izumireona/status/970904174895407106

>Celebrating sluts birthday

But she's pure user. What are you talking about?

t. Kula

1-Mai
2-Angel
3-Luong
4-Athena

Poor Kyo.

Chizuru is the "Onēsan" to Kyo and Iori.

For all practical purposes, she's the only thing holding the Sacred Treasures Team together.

Poor iori

youtube.com/watch?v=tiiSqUXzFj4

The true KOF XIV experience.

CUTE!

She really is fem-allen
Guess this will be her alternate version

What is the source of this image? Asking because there's a partial copyright message "SNK CORPORATION ALL R"...

COME ON, BOY

>They gave the burgers their English dub in MI and XII(and XIII)
>Not a single Spanish dub and Chinese dub only happened for Destiny in 2017

What the fuck is wrong with SNK? They don't even play your games

From the last few pages in the recent chapter.

Pantsu

Can I get her if I start playing the game now?

Nope, she's going to be gone for a long while unless an event comes up

Pantsu

Unless you have very good eyes, both of those actually play too fast to see.
>tfw poorfag

Gotta love snapshots

Now this is a Metal Slut I can get behind

Sadly, her voice is rather annoying.
"Yes, YES, YEEEEEESSSS!"

Hey we can handle loud white girls such as Blue Mary, Alice and Slutty Pirate. How bad can this bitch be?

She's Bretty good.
Gonna have to fight allen Jr. for her though.

youtube.com/watch?v=rb5osINTNn8
You will regulary hear "Yes, YES, YEEEEEESSSS!" whenever she's present because people are going to spam her special and it get old super fast.

Hi, Kula.

Still not as bad as jenet honestly.

Please stop insulting my wife Jenet

Thansk for the vid now im 100% sure i can handle this chick after hearing the 3 blondes for so long.

Yoo-hoo!
HI-HOO
WOO-HOO
HEYYY

Elena has a pretty cool voice: youtu.be/_ECTtlsDnbo?t=18

SOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Is it just me or are some of 98 characters have a far more easier time to dizzy their opponents compared to others?
I've thrown all the long string combo's that I can with Heavy D and Terry yet they've not achieved even a stun, even if I am constantly landing heavy hits on my opponent. But all it takes are light kicks to stun someone when I use Beni or just two combo's with Kyo or Iori. I wonder why is that and is that really on purpose? I mean that kind of makes those guys more overpowered even if its a little bit.

Just ichigeki some people with Ryo
Yes, there are different stun values depending on moves used. Don't know if it was on purpose since there are so many uninted stuff in '98. They redid a lot of these things in 98UM
youtube.com/watch?v=lh03XgYkP6Y

F

Is she a tramp Rebel?

No, it's the usual
>looks like a slut
>is actually pure
She's actually quite devoted to Allen Jr.
Also her rank is at very least major since one of her skill is "battlefield commander".

Despite looking like a white trash wet dream, she is rebel

ffs not again with this anime trope. inb4 angel is a virgin and never held a guys hand before.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hqsi1faToow

Slow today

just got back from work
tomorrow i turn in my notice

rule34 paheal / post/view/477003
angel makes shermie into her a present

I hope everything turns out well for you.

twitter.com/DynaBuster/status/971024159760441344

Nice

This isn't gonna end well, knowing the burgers

i already have a new job that pays a little better coming around so yeah
fuck my current job and (some) of the shitty management who just came in and don't know what they're doing at the cost of my being able to get essential things done

arcade XI was still held back by arcade sound hardware (less than neogeo but still).
PS2 did have an arrange, imo the most obvious is Gai Tendo "In high gear" (which itself is an arrange from Buriki One)

what is this, some online thing?
>ps4
welp

lmao i get it

I'm fine with this

you gay, ops, i mean, you andy

no death

only clork

youtube.com/watch?v=yL_66XnqxTY

My sides

>The one-button came from the idea of a Dream Finish being activated on one button. Block is also a button. So if you hold down L1, it puts out a shield, again Smash style, so not like a normal block, but more of a degradable shield.

So theres the answer about the shield question that was boggling my mind
I wonder if there is going to be some big shieldbreakers

they really do make it seem like smash style, except for the dream finish part as opposed to sending them flying

It's Playstation All Stars Battle Royal on a fixed plane