Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fQsNafrk
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6059
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

Rance X
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2441678
Hook Code
/HSN30:0@00614875:
Gameplay Explanation:
mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc
VNR Guide:
mega.nz/#!appSkIDK!-UF7M0_T-QHBQd4ibErlIjJZuChdDp-qpmZXWSlVaj0
Cards List:
pastebin.com/RrThBVcH
Portraits:
mega.nz/#!Xg5SSZLa!T96Dow70AVz-7-hev83wor-FYJR7QWHFvAwMhDETwT8

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

Remember to use spoiler tags when discussing untranslated games

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ggcW2S5Z!-UH_AM0Zkk5kpudsuvFKqXNfY-QBs5MCVka7I7Hto2Y
pastebin.com/uU662gHw
mega.nz/#!FsVEFQrY!PWHpGi9i6BPkKD0-nvjro8mi5JXkXFDbW3J95y11IUM
download.alicesoft.com/rance10/rance10_updater_ver101.zip
mega.nz/#!0ZtFHZrS!vq5Tqt0MzwFIMdKu81ihekh67F5cUVvlPJZAfsPkxtg
tieba.baidu.com/p/1087025483?see_lz=1
tieba.baidu.com/p/1274885739?see_lz=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Death
>not: Mortality

I have a question for you guys about Katyusha, specifically why there is a discrepancy between how she presents herself and how she actually looks. I get that the meta reason behind her real appearance is that she's supposed to be Saulnia from KR, but what's the in-story reason in X? Is it because her natural appearance of "an innocent-looking, doe-eyed maiden" is obviously not going to command much respect as a mob boss?

I just had some hannies talk about about collecting all the guards.

What came with the new patch?

Probably.

>tfw can't get Arios bad end without a country falling before turn 8 or without Kayblis turning DK at turn 14

Why am i this bad?

More save slot added,heavy maid and Arios nerf

Daily reminder that we can't make an interface patch.

You were probably born this incompetent. There's nothing that can be done. Wait for a detailed walkthrough and follow it carefully or go back to playing easier games like SR.

Who do y'all prefer Feb shacking up with, Sephiroth or Tank Girl?

>Arios nerf
But why?

Way too strong for a 0 AP attacker.

To screw with people dumb enough to install the patch without reading the notes first.

Got a link to it?

>Arios
Hero slash was too OP,is changed into Ap3 3x Attack

His relationship with Nook is a lot better developed and honestly makes me feel less gross on a whole, so I pick her.

isn't it's buff? it's does more hit which help a lot cause Arios pretty much auto hit cap.

Nook77

>heavy maid
what do you mean?

Is there a mirror available for the 1.01 patch?

Here the latest updated RanceX SSG for SpoilerAL6.2.
Should made card collecting easier.

mega.nz/#!ggcW2S5Z!-UH_AM0Zkk5kpudsuvFKqXNfY-QBs5MCVka7I7Hto2Y

They also talk about healers and ninjas. And probably about some other cards, but I haven't seen it yet.

Got a download to SP-AL itself and how to work this to get cards or whatever it does?

>pastebin.com/uU662gHw
Kamige.

While on battle,click on the battle line like pic related and change the number to whichever value you like.

Looks like you'd just basically get a chest after each battle instead of endless chests from 1 battle.

Where do I download spoilerAL

>the combat is too easy
>just do the majins' quests right
My first time fighting Kesselring during one-turn Helman was one of the hardest boss fights I've experienced in awhile and I was playing with many CP bonuses but I do agree that there is a lack of challenging-enough boss fights where you need to use tactics and formations outside of what you'd normally use.

I know everyones playing rance X, but i'm way behind and just getting around to sengoku. Question: what determines how officers are recruited by enemy factions?

I'm trying to get the takeda house bonus. I'm on the kill the monkey route. I beat the blitz, did the event with suzume, the 3 dudes fucked off and I recruited the tactician. But i've gotten stuck? It took about a hundred turns but the ninja and one of the calvary were eventually recruited by the remaining houses and I captured them. But fucking Baba is still AWOL 400 turns later. I've been at war with all remaining houses for 400+ turns. Im fighting them to kill/capture other commanders to get them out of the pool, but holy shit is it meant to take this long? Is there a good way to get the remaining houses to recruit more commanders? So far i've basically just taken some of their territory (which seems to cause them to attack it to reclaim it more often than they normally attack) and just keep killing their dudes over and over hoping the next time they get 2-3 generics one of them will be Baba but im starting to lose my patience on this one.

If I just ignore the enemy house and let them run rampant will they recruit way more officers? Should I just mash the end turn button a bunch and then do a war of reclamation? Kinda at my wits end.

You seem to be deep into RNG hell, let them go for a bit and let them recover. As long as you're not fighting against the yokai or the demon army they should get recruited eventually.

>Question: what determines how officers are recruited by enemy factions?
>I'm trying to get the takeda house bonus. I'm on the kill the monkey route
turn on the long end of turn messages

you want to do this as soon as you ninja the takeda house so that you can tell whenever a takeda general joins another house.

I haven't looked closely at the formula for when officers are recruited, none of those seem initially to make a difference, but you can open the code and look for yourself.

Well this is off to a great start

That sucks. Ill try just mashing end turn over and over and see if they start to conquer my shit and get more officers.

Im not fighting demons or youkai thankfully. So its nice to know they'll eventually recruit him and im not completely fucked.

>turn on the long end of turn messages

Huh. I didnt know this was a thing. That makes it WAY easier to see when one of them has been recruited. I was just constantly scouting every time they attacked or defended.

Reminder: Sill wins

Sill was kicked to the backseat by Quel in the ending.

mega.nz/#!FsVEFQrY!PWHpGi9i6BPkKD0-nvjro8mi5JXkXFDbW3J95y11IUM

I'm not doing this agian

>he doesn't know that quel is sill

>Sill is cucked by herself
>Quel cucks herself
This is some 7th dimensional cucking.

>download.alicesoft.com/rance10/rance10_updater_ver101.zip
>all VPNs gives you 3kb/s
Why japs are so xenophobic?

Okay, so I'm on my first NG+ after getting the "Kayblis find Miki first" and "All nations are dead" endings, so I'm at +10 stars now.

I want to try and get a real ending this time. Would I be reasonably able to one-turn any of these this time, and if so, who should I go after? I beat Red-Eye in the first fight, so I got the extra difficulty up from that. And what else should I try to do? I imagine I should do Shangrila on Turn 5 (I waited until after Miki to do it the first time) and send the castle up into the sky ASAP, yeah?

Get better VPNs. Getting around 20-25KB/s here.

>xenophobic
you would be xenophobic too if you lived near so many chinese. Only reason the west is not xenophobic is a lack of education and an appalling misinformation campaign.

But really though, what do you expect from free proxies.

If you're gonna give one-turning a shot, start with Zeth. It has an optional route with a Galtia encounter that isn't turn limited, which leads straight to a fight against Medusa if you beat him. It's easier with a couple of the +50% combat experience value bonuses active as well, though.

>west isn't xenophobic

Where is my waifu at?

More CG patch When

So probably not reasonably accomplishable with just 2 CP?

Then maybe I should ask this way instead: How can I keep everyone alive? Just cycle through each nation killing a Lord apiece each time? If so, what's a good order for the rotation? Zeth seems to be fucked the fastest, so should I start with them first?

They know that people buy their games outside Japan. Why not at least give me ability to download shitty patch?

What is this SpoilerAL thingy?

cheats I suppose
/haniho/ at lowest

Did the Shangri La event and RedEye is still raping me afterwards AAAAA

I'd try looking at the numbers of troops in each country and how big the ratio is between them and the demon army. The largest difference in favor of the demons should be your next target for beating a dark lord in, while the second largest demon army advantage needs some Chaos on them from the prep quest. Considering that on turn two when you first get to actually pick which operations to do the ratio is pretty even between each country, I recommend you do Free Cities first, since they do fall first due to the traitor if not helped early. After that you should be able to set up a good cycle for which countries to pick next and determine who will survive for a couple turns longer without you supporting them.

So just go by what seems to make sense at the time? Alright, cool. I was worried there was some definite good or bad choice.

Also, holy shit, Lezeaus is kicking things off strong.

Blame the chinese.

West is the least xenophobic in the world by every measure.

Galatia is a good first one-turn. Zeth has the most benefits for one-turning. At that stage, however, you'll be lacking for good units to fight with. +10 should be enough.

Just keep in mind that the first Free Cities raid needs to be done by Turn 4 at the latest, else they will fall and you'll be stuck with the JAPAN route.

Turn 5. Stop the misinformation.

I did it on turn 9.

So maybe something like

FC > Zeth > Helman > Shangrila > Miki > Lea

While sending reinforcements to Leazas to make sure they don't lose too much along the way?

How in the blazing fuck did you manage to get Free Cities to survive that fucking long without killing a single majin in the area?

I did
Leazas
Zeth x2
Helman x2
Shangrila
Miki
Hornet
Leazas
Leazas (Warg)
FC x 3

It's easy, you can do it.

Were you sending Chaos to FC the whole game or something?

>98% disconnect

It also work for Zeth

not really, they're pretty tough on their own. Towards the end I was but they're pretty tough. Even at 44 vs 5 they didn't die. Pic related, I didn't support them that turn at all and they survived.

The whole thing about saving FC before turn 5 or whatever is headcanon by CTRLfags.

About the new patch:

No notable changes to CG count. CG3 contains the character bios and Nunuhara's informational CGs. Possibly new character events have been added as well. Pic shows which old files were replaced and their difference in file size. The brand new ones are not included, of course.

upload it on mega or whatever

If they were going to add new CGs, they would probably say so outright. Keeping it a secret wouldn't do them any good.

pretty much this. user is a moron.

Rance10_updater_ver101.zip:
mega.nz/#!0ZtFHZrS!vq5Tqt0MzwFIMdKu81ihekh67F5cUVvlPJZAfsPkxtg

Is Saving hornet a prep or a operation mission?

operation.

Oh joy, I'm going to bet something in turn 8 is going to deny me going after her as well.

It might. Did you do the poppins quest yet?

You should look into the files. there are plenty of unused assets and even placeholder assets

After update some of my text become unread yet.

Nope, Because I can't one turn countries (first playthrough) I haven't really had any free operation phases yet.

>FC not getting betrayed at turn 5

H-how, user?

Just keep reducing their commander numbers. I hope that you've been exploiting Light Attack to its full potential.

So what does the patch do?

>he doesn't even know why we are calling him a moron
real big brain on here

Did you do the AL church quest? Save silky? Get the ??? apostle satella quest? Do the Satella base mission?

If you look closely you can see that it's a photoshop. You need to save them by turn 5.

I did the AL church Quest, Done both of Satella's stuff and I'm grabbing Silky this turn

I'm gonna try my luck and once again point out that since there's people here that are reading baidu, a Chinese website, then are anons here who can read Chinese and therefore I can beg them to translate the world record SR points runs. Name your fucking price.
>tieba.baidu.com/p/1087025483?see_lz=1 - a 321 points run that (I believe) covers a lot of the theory
>tieba.baidu.com/p/1274885739?see_lz=1 - a 322 points run that is focused on just getting the job done.

Wait, Some clarification of that apostle quest please.

CG3 = Part 3

Just give it up, Veeky Forums hates Asians, they cant post here without buying a pass. The only reason I can even post here is because I'm foreign student living overseas.

>world record SR points run
>"""world record"""

Those IPs got banned because of abuse. Sorry to break it to you but the reason there is widespread discrimination against asians is from widespread abuse by asians.

But that's not really ontopic at all here.

Just like how many Japanese domains block non-JP IPs because of DDoS from Koreans and Chinese.

Is there a trick or easy way to beat K-chan in the sea route? If I'm struggling here, will I also struggle if I choose land route?

my nigga

Shariela with ninja.

>Shariela
I don't have her, is she a fixed drop or did I fuck up somewhere?

Not him but I don't have Shariela because I picked to bully Kaybnyan.

You have to sex her in Shangri-La instead of bullying Kaybnyan.

Not him, but in both of my playthroughs where i fucked shariela, I don't remember getting her.

>Shizuka asks Rance to act like a father to Nagi.