/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhp0wVxzpk
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/valentinvanelslande/citra/releases
romhacking.net/translations/2287/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>one post early
Mudodyne

he was just taking his sweet time to post Cielo

lel. this isn't anything like peegee did yesterday

>replying to me
Hamadyne

>miss

>europe getting the american DEEP cover
しっかたがない

Magaon

I played SMT: IV awhile ago as my entry into SMT. Even if the writing wasn't on point %100 of time I loved the scale of the story and how many things I didn't totally expect happened. It was definitely a bit of a surprise for a 3DS game. Are the other SMT games similar story wise? Not the plot so much obviously just the overall feel that crazy stuff is going on. I'm limited as to what games I can play due to what systems I own but a buddy is loaning me a PS3 so I was considering playing the two DDS games next.

>I was considering playing the two DDS games next.
go for that

Sup /smtg/, haven't been around for a while.
Any news about DSJ/SJR getting an English dub? I noticed the release got delayed but I don't know if it's because of the dub.

It probably just got delayed because Atlus USA are a bunch of lazy incompetent fucks

Zelenin?
More like Zelemon!

Are her(male) tits even soft? they look like they are made of porcelain or something

>Eventually, they do
>The gameplay is better than DX2 in every way possible
>The main artist is Yasuda

I bet they're firm but with enough force they conform.

might as well just be stuck with Dx2

What is the least story heavy SMT game that hasn't been translated yet?

Dx2

This, it's like the only point the "story" has is introducing more characters with dumb hair or design.

> being surprised when gachashit is trash

I want SMT V to have only one pleroma/boost for each element.
Having to fuse two passives for every element is anti-fun. Let me have super versatile demons like in Nocturne.

Claiming this sunny summertime sweetheart.
Best model.
Most compassionate.
I'm so proud of Ann. I love her.

Happy Takamaki Tuesday! I'll take your sweet love all year round.

Ann is a dumb buttface.

please go away

>Not the plot so much obviously just the overall feel that crazy stuff is going on
Pretty much, the story and themes of it is one of the big reasons people play these games

>/pg/fag
Mudokaja

HEEEEEEE HO!!!!!!!!!

Hit the road Jack! And don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more

Pyro Jack > Jack Frost

>Not mentioning Jack Skelton

Majin Tensei 1

Does anyone have a higher quality pic of this?

kys

Best SMT girl

>Everyone's dancing furiously!

Son of Man?
More like Son of Manchild!

>I honestly wouldn't mind a SMT game that was in a Medieval setting. But not something juvenile like Last Bible, something more like the tone of Tactics Ogre

Honestly, that ain't too bad of an idea. With Tactics Ogre/Final Fantasy Tactics love for political intrigue inbetween supernatural threads, a SMT set during the Crusades would be really fucking rad. It would even tie into Atlus initial idea to have one game (was it the first) end in Israel.

Even though it would probably trigger the fuck out of some people.

>qt
>cursed and eternally doomed to being Satomi's self insert'd canon waifu in the games
Fate worse then death.

I've always dreamed of a timed Megaten-themed cafe like in IV with the same bartender where you get to try dishes like nue burgers, jack frost themed cake's and the mystery food that was always given to you IV.

The thing people were saying is the compendium would be weird as putting demons from more modern periods like the 1800's and 1900's wouldn't make sense.

>Jack Frost themes Vanilla ice cream cake with Blueberry frosting

>Jack Lantern themes Red Velvet cake with Chocolate frosting.

A man can dream

Both sound delicious desu.

That's certainly true. Although with the multiverse bullshit going around, it might be workable.

One idea I had in mind is, that the protags accidentally stumble into ruins containing the grave of King Solomon, which essentially kickstarts the plot with them finding an ancient book. The book that would centuries later end up being part of the Lesser Key of Solomon/Lemegeton.

Essentially, this version, since it was gifted to him by a being close to the Axiom (which he mistook for YHVH), doesn't just contain the 72 demons that make up part of the Chaos faction, but ALL of them. Every demon that existed, exists and will exist in the future.

Also, people were superstitious and tattling folk, and you could excuse them as being observed into existence by mistaken one being for another or some shit.

Then just do a Mikado and make the game in the future but the current civilization regressed to the dark ages.

Or the magical book i mentioned records diferent timelines and takes demons from other futuristic civilizations.

Or i think there are enough demons in the roster to make up for the more modern ones since assuming the game is 3D around 200 demons would work.

>Citra | HEAD-e0f0d25
What Citra build are you using exactly? I can't find the commit hash e0f0d25 anywhere in the repository.

Mara?
More like Mario.

github.com/valentinvanelslande/citra/releases
I don't remember the exact one, it was just whatever this guy's latest release was at the time I started DeSu. The stupid bug with the opening movie is finally fixed in it.

What name should I give MUHREEN?

I actually thing P1 and 2 had some of the best negotiation in the series. It's a shame fusing/summoning was so fucking awful that the entire system was scrapped.

Ethan Shepard.

Rock Johnson.

Edge Maverick.

Jack Johnson.

Beef Mclarge

John S. Journey

I have to agree with you, although the spell fusion and mutation systems were fine in P1 and P2, sad they scrapped them from the rest of the persona series.

Thanks a lot son of man. I haven't been able to get past that opening screen in the recent builds. Too bad it looks like he broke Linux compatibility.

Beef Mclarge is making me laugh hard so I think I’ll stick with this name unless somebody can come up with a funnier suggestion

Not him but it ispretty funny. Just make sure to do Beef McLarge.

Dominic Guy.

SMT G

>10

Hey, you. Yes, you!

What megaten game are you playing?

Persona 2. Just got to the Nazi invasion. I knew about the spoiler because sunglasses Hitler is memed around a lot. Still a neat twist. Can't help but think the iron crosses in the cutscene were swastikas originally.

Nearing the end of SMT IV. Just entered the purgatorium and fought the first 2 sub bosses

Gonna probably try and finish up my Chaos playthrough of IV because I've been putting it off for too long due to me being an autist and wanting to explore every nook and cranny of the sections of Tokyo that're unlocked after the alignment lock. Fukken Beebleboob's being a cheeky cunt.

Flynn Taggart

I finished SMT IV a few weeks ago and I just finished SMT IV:A yesterday. Or rather, I just finished watching the end of SMT IV:A because I was kind of over it but still wanted to know what happened.

I'm thinking about playing a real Shin Megaman game like Nocturne or something now.

Persona 4, Nocturne, Soul Hackers, and IV

Avoid Nocturne if you want to play a real shen megoomi tensay game

Maybe play 1/2 if you want a more raw SMT experience. Otherwise, there should be a ton of other 3DS SMT games for you to dip your toes in.

>4 games at once

>not playing 15 different SMT games all at the same time so you can reach true godhood
step it up famalam

SMT II, IV:A, and just started Nocturne. I got to the sisters of fate fight when I played Nocturne WAY back when , but have since lost that memory card. How far was I to the end?

>4 games at once
How sinful. You should finish your vegetables before having the dessert.

Shut up Godboi

What disqualifies Nocturne?
Neat. I wonder how Atlus's Switch support will compare.

Do you think we'll ever get a DDS-esque software for our phones and devices IRL someday?

BUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
nocturne RUINED mainline

I wanted to revive a demon in SMT1, but it said my inventory was full and my demon disappeared. Cool.

Welcome to SMT 1

Lucifer is the ultimate trap.

Do I get the raidou 1 rewards again when starting NG+ in raidou 2. Also if I missed one can I pick it up when starting NG+

>miss
>not block
Fucking demon get out of my general.

reminder that "Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei" was translated.

romhacking.net/translations/2287/

There are some armors that remove null light. You'd know this... if you weren't a demon yourself.

What is this?

Pls respond my autism wants me to restart

Megami Tensei 1 for Famicom, the first MegaTen game (besides Telenet Megami Tensei).

>10

Predict when this thread will die, 5head.

No____

I want to impregnate Isabeau!

Bestiality is a crime in many countries