/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, shows and comics.

/sthg/ #1238 - Overpriced Statues Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Welcome-World-Sonic-Hedgehog
penguinrandomhouse.com/books/564741/sonic-and-the-tales-of-terror-by-kiel-phegley-illustrated-by-patrick-spaziante/
youtube.com/watch?v=pmMispgpUs0
youtu.be/LqvFZCXPHrU?t=355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking hate you all.

Sonic was never fast.

So has anyone bought this yet?

I have it but haven’t read it yet. Just wanted to see if everyone knew it was out already.

nice catchphrase

aftercareu

I really like F4F statues, I want to get at least one one day. Not sure which one is my favorite.

nice catchphrase

MIGHTY
I
G
H
T
Y

I want someone to storytime it. It has pictures.

I like Mightyposting.

R A Y
A
Y

Stop spamming your catchphrase, pls.

Eh, i suppose if you've been in a general long enough, you tend to pick up on certain things.

I like using the homing attack in Sonic ROM hacks.

>I like using the homing attack

This "guide book" is out today too:
amazon.com/Welcome-World-Sonic-Hedgehog

It actually looks really interesting. There's sections on some of the games. Could this be what SoA thinks is canon? Sonic 06 is there but the storybook games are.

>Sonic Advance 1-3
>No Battle
So how does it explain Gemerl?

what's wrong with the text in this book
>UNUUUU WHERE AM I UUUUY
>IU UWHY AM I SO CONFUSEDU

06 isn't there because it's simply trash unlike the misunderstood protoboost storybook games.

I see. I remember someone mentioning my username before so I wondered how common it is to being spotted out.

>the absolute STATE of the ultimate lifeform

Does Sonic Unleashed take place after Generations?

/sthg/ is lazy

>Eh, i suppose if you've been in a general long enough, you tend to pick up on certain things.
This is not a positive.

As a robot Eggman built, obviously.

THIS is what qualifies as a guidebook these days?
Dropped.

>misunderstood
People understood perfectly that those games are shit.

Never said it was.

I wouldn't think so. I don't think it takes place after Black Knight either.

Where's E-123 Omega?
Why isn't Shadow 05 on that list?
Why is the font like that?
Why is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing listed as "All-Star Racing Transformed"?

I rather have the physical book but the digital is tempting to have now to share.

so it's not just my computer then
>With the power of the Whaos Wmerawds, I can become Super Sonic We is wust wike Weguwar We, eWcept way more powerful and way more yewwow

>Where's E-123 Omega?
>Why isn't Shadow 05 on that list?
probably because guns. It's a kids' book
>Why is the font like that?
either because it actually looks like that or Amazon generated screenshots from the kindle version of the book and the font wasn't rendered correctly and no one bothered to fix it.
>Why is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing listed as "All-Star Racing Transformed"?
proofreading is expensive

I want to love nature just like Sonic, desu.

>you can bet there'll be hedgehog to pay
What does that even mean

No. It really isn't at all. Play colors again, and you'd see the differences. Colors was built around the wisps, which was heavily Mario centric. This is further proven with the colors level in gens, as people claimed the worst level in the game.

can you look through it and see if they actually refer to Amy as Amy Rose the entire book? The do in the preview

>probably because guns. It's a kids' book
Sure but Gamma's there and he's got guns, too. I'd say his gun is more gun-like than Omega's. Plus Omega just has claws normally like Metal Sonic.
>either because it actually looks like that or Amazon generated screenshots from the kindle version of the book and the font wasn't rendered correctly and no one bothered to fix it.
Ah, thank you! I never knew Amazon could do that kinda thing, technology is wonderful.
>pwoofweadinw wiw ewpensiwe
wwwwwwwwwwww!!!~~~~

>Sure but Gamma's there and he's got guns, too.
oh I didn't even notice Gamma was there. Yeah that's a weird choice in having Gamma over Omega. I wonder if the writer thought they were the same character or something

It takes place before since SatBK is the canon date he went on with Amy because he loves her.

It looks like there's going to be another book that actually has more characters than just the main four.
penguinrandomhouse.com/books/564741/sonic-and-the-tales-of-terror-by-kiel-phegley-illustrated-by-patrick-spaziante/

Racing game
Canon
Yeah kill yourself. And if this was, they completely retcon all of Classic era. Talk about revisionism.

>It's a kids' book
Sonic is a series for all ages. It hasn't stopped them from including Omega before.

>worst level in the game.
That would be Sky Sanctuary.

>more characters than just the main four.
Don't let the classicucks hear you say that.

Should I take one for the team?

Big and Cream are in it based on the excerpt. Good to know they're not dead

Wouldn't you retcon classic too? Its elements have been repeated so much that it barely matters that it happened in the first games.

Yes

How does storytime normally go? It's simple to do, no?

I don't know but now I'm unironically really curious, because I remember people here joking about Omega being a bird a long time ago.
Having that be in an official guidebook would be a new low.

Huh, apparently ShtH and Sonic Rush released on the same day, with that in mind, do you guys consider Rush as an "adventure" - era title or the first boost-era game?

the title of the book is "Welcome to the World of Sonic" not "Welcome to the World of CLASSIC Sonic." I guess they're really pushing the two worlds thing now

You just post it page by page.

Okie dokie.

It's the missing link

DEAD
E E
A A
DEAD

Forgive me if I'm a slowmo.

No problem!

You might want to make the images bigger if you can. The text is might be hard to read if it's that small

TWO

FUCKING

WORLDS

ONE FAMILY

Weirdest story.
I watched the Sonic OVA on a school bus ride like 18 years ago.
The bus had a VHS player.

T.revisionist
Gee, glad I can just revision Mario 1 just because Mushroom Kingdom appeared in like 100 mario games, including Smash Bros.
>CLASSIC
meme. "Classic" Sonic is and always will be Sonic seen in his younger days. You don't call Sonic during the Adventure era "dreamcast" Sonic or something, he's SONIC in the younger days after the "classic" era. Fuck revisionists. Worst kind of Humans in the universe.

This better? It looks like its the best I can do.

I feel bad that I'm doing this, even though it says not to.

Much better!

Don't feel bad, they were paid real money to make this garbage.

user, please.

you're so moral, user

What a cute hog

it's weird how the classic games aren't even in this book but they're trying to use that sonic 1-3 boxart aesthetic everywhere.

>that speech bubble text alignment
oof

I quite like the boxart aesthetic look, they're not doing too much besides being blocky in these neck of the woods.

I too enjoy a cute Sonic.

Which ending character quote was worse?

youtube.com/watch?v=pmMispgpUs0

THP doesn't really posts here anymore ever since angry Anons scared her away. She rarely shows up to post something, but other than that she keeps it to her sites and streams.

Who else of the contentfags were lost in the past year?

Excuse me, he's not fucking 3'4.

I can't help it, it just doesn't feel right.

What an arrogant little rat.

True Dat by far. Shadow's line is fine, it's just the delivery that's bad. "True dat" sound stupid no matter what

Tails is a good lad. Thank you for the trivia.

But yes, Sonic is rude. Who taught him

>"I'm the coolest." ~Sonic the Hedgehog

>leisurely stroll at 2000 miles per hour
what a speed demon

>Using hedgehog in place of hell.

YOU'RE GOING STRAIGHT TO HEDGEHOG

>I feel bad that I'm doing this, even though it says not to.
I feel bad that you wasted your money and bought it for us. You're a good person, user.

>there'll be hedgehog to pay
what did he mean by this

Honestly, aside from Sketch, there's not many that comes to mind for the last year.

>That Fast Furzepig
Kek

Jesus Christ, Sonic show some modesty.

Even me, Mr.Videogame is a man of few words you rodent.

This. Bless you user, I hope I can somehow return the favor one day.

This always stuck out as the worst to me.
youtu.be/LqvFZCXPHrU?t=355
>Eggman actually opens up to someone and ponders over his childhood hero being a genocidal maniac
>Tails just spews out the most generic hero line possible, making it sound like he wasn't even paying attention

I wanted to get it but in physical form. Maybe I'll find a cheap copy in the future on ebay.

This isn't an official Sega licensed book, is it? Because my god, it looks like complete ass.

Yes it's official. The 'final' version which is currently being storytimed seems to look better since the text isn't messed up

>the Spin Dash bit
It's all wrong. Stunning.