Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaW5cpjBPpWrO1dRq4PAERAnoX2h2QldR
humblebundle.com/software/magix-sounds-of-music-software
blogs.unity3d.com/2018/03/06/unity-partners-with-pixyz/
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/slqJ6RuWjRiigywqBd1TjA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

friendly reminder that black men make the best game developers

When is the stream

Friendly reminder to stop watching anime. Its no coincidence all the depression posting you see around here comes from animeposters. Its no coincidence that all the recent big successes (Fight Knight, Blue Omen, Bug Fables, Goodnight Knight, Project Wingman, Tracks) have nothing to do with anime. Just stop watching it, its not doing you any favors. Its not easing your stress, not giving you ideas, and isn't helping your game.

>kirby
>one of the best games

it's mediocre at best. the only thing keeping it alive is kirby's design.

>recent big successes
>only one of those is out, in early access

Are rail guns considered kinetic weapons?

>accelerate metal slug to very high speed
>not a kinetic weapon
choose one(1) you faggot

Are they shooting bullets or laser beams?

Laugh at him
Point and laugh

It's basically the definition of a kinetic weapon, isn't it

ignore the shitposters

Jesus, it's real. I guess I have to reevaluate my opinion of black people now.

Here's a good reminder:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaW5cpjBPpWrO1dRq4PAERAnoX2h2QldR

>laughing at others for trying their best but not succeeding

absolutely disgusting degenerate behavior

Oh, that wasn't me, just saw this today, I wasn't posting ITT in a while.

I agree. It's just that feeling when somebody so young/younger than you achieves something you are striving for as well. The guy started making his game when he was 15. I'm behind famalams, I'm 23.

>11 minutes ago

Progress, boys!!

MUSICFAGS
humblebundle.com/software/magix-sounds-of-music-software

anything of value?

>mfw 35

Well it's not chemical or biological, now is it?

First, I'm just kindly asking that nobody meme on me. I've had a rough day and every single time I come here, I just get completely memed on.

Okay, with that out of the way, is anyone looking for an artist? Again, please don't portfolio-post me or anything else

2D or 3D?

>Music Maker EDM Edition
Now THAT'S what I call cringe. I don't know, I see nothing special in that bundle. Download (torrent) Ableton/FL12, Serum, Kontakt and some orchestral libraries and you're good to go.

Will your game have a funny parody bit where you have a sewer level and the character says "Wow, a sewer level, how boring am I right gamers"

>Blue Omen
>Nothing to do with anime

???

I would really rather talk about your game before I answer that

Just do what says and also mess with Sunvox and VCV rack

oh mjy fuckign dog DELetE THIS you fuck

Is Toby Fox making some new game? He is my favorite developer after Peter Molyneux. :)

I don't need to see a portfolio, but I will need you to complete an art test before we begin. Can you please model a game-ready, rigged character with a small set of test animations (walk cycle, jump, 2 attacks, and hurt animations), based on this concept art ? Thanks in advance, and look forward to working with you!

reminds me of a hanna barbera cartoon. does that count as anime?

fuck off googlem

Yeah I'm going to waste my time with an "artist" who doesn't even know if they do 3D or 2D art. LMFAO

Great, I just got memed on. Again.

anime gave me lots of ideas for my game world. it helped me a lot actually.

Nobody is going to listen to or trust you until you post stuff you've actually made, that's just how things are.

this is the laugh I needed today.

>Sunvox

>Source

Oh look. Reek is here. See what happens when you make shitposter threads?

He's making a clock app

So not giving people a chance is how it's done around here. Great.

>big successes

Im glad youve stuck with this for so long, source user.

I can't breathe. help.

>shitting on sunvox

Refining this dude today

Came back to take a peek and
Is the samefag/source/shitposter is STILL here after THREE fucking years now? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

less rendered looks better......

>35
It's too late for you.

>only three
oh sweet summers child

Can he throw his hat like oddjob

wtf? why is this here? is this even a video game? its disgusting

Is there a pre-existing free to use engine that could work with a Grand Strategy game?

blogs.unity3d.com/2018/03/06/unity-partners-with-pixyz/

UNREAL IS DEAD
d
e
a
d

Lol, retard, did you think you cheap shot would hit something?
Cancer will kill me way earlier so I just do whatever I want in my spare left time.

The answer is always Unity or any of the other ones because grand strategy games are literally just UI and a bunch of backing code.

I'm gonna steal your artists until you've got some gameplay

I saw you redesign him in a thread like 2 weeks ago you fucker

I'm making one in memedot.

Here? You mean all of life right? Because nobody is going to hire you or agree to work for months without knowing at least what you're already capable of.

Don't be afraid of being inexperienced. Everybody needs to learn how to walk, definitely before they can run or jump. You need to take risks in order to succeed. You'll be lucky to get 100 failures before you get 1 success, especially when learning art.

*refine, pardon me

But I don't want a 3D shitty GS game, I want to make something like EU2 or Vicky1 or CK1.

I fucking hate 3D games.

Until I generate enough interest I'll just keep posting provocative shots of this model. Just you wait until I rig it.

How is it possible to achieve Pixar/Disney animated movie aesthetics in 3D? How to recreate their textures and with what programs?

Hello /agdg/,

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but i might as well.
I have to decide until tomorrow evening If i want do to the following project as my bachelor thesis:

My professor wants to create a realistic environment, preferably of his home tome, using Unity to read OpenStreeMap data to generate the buildings and another source to generate the heightmap.
I am very intimidated by this. I know how to read and process the OpenStreetMap data to generate the buildings (as simple blocks) and heightmap, but i have no idea how i would get those two together. The terrain would just clip through the buildings, I would have to use the heightmap as base and someone generate the buildings on top of it but i have no clue at all how i would do that.

Language is C# of course

It's all archived, Reek. :^)

Obvious nodev samefagging. Kill yourself nigger.

You guys got this, don't give up. Sure there are lots of special people out there who may get you discouraged or you may struggle and not finish a game, but you're irreplaceable and if you keep trying you'll eventually make something. Out of the billions of people on this planet, there is only one YOU.

Ganbare, user!

I have a twin who looks exactly like me, so this is false.

>anime
stopped reading there

>I'll just keep posting provocative shots of this model
did you accidentally post the wrong image?

The fuck is this shit? Looks garbage.

good work. I can't wait to play it. it's a really interesting layout. keep at it! ignore the naysayers.

gamemaker

Y-yes.

>spend two hours talking to the guys at the LMMS discord how to make lmms run some windows free VST
>oh but the repository version is too old
>download the binary version from their website
>it doesn't work
>oh, but the linux version doesn't support 64 bit VST
>download the 32 bit version
>doesn't work
>oh but you need a more updated wine version
>version of wine I have is the same as them
>oh, but then you need to compile from source, it works for me
>start to read the wiki
>spend one hour trying to compile
>oh but nigger, this cmake project is not compatible for some reason with your ubuntu and complains about broken dependencies even while you already installed them
>jack >= some BS needed
wow, trying to dev using only FOSS is clearly super fun.

Does anyone else secretly hate other devs and want them to fail miserably?

FOSS is a mental illness just like anime

>it's not moeshit so it's not anime

>bachelor thesis
>doesn't know how to read the documentation to find out how to read terrain height at certain points

guess you collected thousands of dollars of debt for nothing

>ubuntu
>devving on linux
LMAO @ your life

>calves 3/4 the size of thighs
>feet bigger than thighs

you should study anatomy from a real source, not deviant art

just pirate bitwig and be done with it, there's not a single good free DAW

>(Fight Knight, Blue Omen, Bug Fables, Goodnight Knight, Project Wingman, Tracks)

I don't know any of these games

This guy...

Your ignorance isn't an argument.

How do you know that those devs don't watch anime?

Don't make a game about weapons if you have to ask this question.

>I was born with all knowledge of everything

Yeah the flat color variants, I was asking which ones people liked. Getting aroung to painting him up and doing some refinement this week. Juggling about 30 things.

I guess that pose sure does have an oddjob vibe to it. Considering he'll be tossing discs, that actually makes sense.

Yeah I know how it looks. However we started the codebase from scratch about a month ago after realizing what we had wasn't going to cut it. As a result we're currently rebuilding all the systems to get back to a prototype.

I want devs here to succeed. But I'm not buying all games.

Yeah some unrealistic anatomy looks alright if the clothes look nice. Roll's ankles are weird, but they fit with her dress and shoes.

>Lol, retard
For a 35y dev you sure don't act like one.

t. another 35y dev.

Good luck with your thesis. You will need it if you have to ask this question.

>comparing stylized cartoon to basically human proportions

no, but i don't really see myself buying any of the games that are currently in development on /agdg/, except maybe one (but i won't name it)
i still hope they find their audience though

Roll has significantly better anatomy than the abomination posted above. Try again.

Notch never donates anymore...

What kind of a game is better?

>Progression system
A free to play game where you begin with the most basic items, and the rest are unlocked by investing time and grinding resources. The items are not just cosmetic, but also make you more powerful. Because you've invested time into your character, you're more likely to keep playing and stay hooked, and when the progression becomes harder, it makes you want to pay to progress faster which is how the game makes money. Notable examples include Warframe, or any mmo.

>Gambling system
A one time pay to play where you begin with the most basic items, and the rest are dropped to you randomly, or by paying for lootboxes. Because you've already paid for the game, the items are purely cosmetic and give you no advantage whatsoever. Because of item drop rarity, different items have different values and with trading the price of each item fluctuates. The game makes money by not being free and with lootboxes. Notable examples include csgo or pubg.

Is there any other type of a game i'm missing? I think every game can be put into one of these categories.

Other devs are competitors you shouldn't be so charitable.