Dragon Ball FighterZ General - /dbfzg/

THIS IS THE STANCE edition

>DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TalesOfMrE/status/958069336417193984
twitter.com/NY_Teiga/status/957180776856129537
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

add chi chi as dlc

Whoops.
Last time on /dbfzg/:

It takes me 5 minutes to find an opponent and then when I do they click off instantly because I have an orange name

>orange name
What's that

twitter.com/TalesOfMrE/status/958069336417193984

OFFICAL /dbfz/ SCRUB CHARACTER TIER LIST
SCRUB TIER
Android 16

P O W E R G A P

KIND OF GAY TIER
Goku Black
A.Gohan

GAY BUT STILL REQUIRES EFFORT TIER
Cell

ACCEPTABLE TIER
Android 18
Android 21
Beerus
Captain Ginyu
Frieza
T.Gohan
Goku SS
Goku SSGSS
Gotenks
Hit
Kid Buu
Krillin
Majin Buu
Nappa
Piccolo
Vegeta SS
Vegeta SSGSS
Yamcha

CONSIDERED SCRUB ONLY IF YOU'RE BAD AT THE GAME TIER
Trunks
Tien

>Presses both buttons

an orange square, sorry

how do you dodge chaotzu if you're airborne?

Golden Free-za isn't horrible. The damage increase alone is like a second sparking.

vanish, unless you are at a certain height
level 3

Trunks / ??? / Frieza

Cell or SS Goku? I find them both equally enjoyable.

>t. retard who mains trunks and tien

hello green square

Can you extend your combos between trunks and either cell or goku?

is there a ginyu google doc or discord? ive just been doing l m h qcf l/m assist TOKUSENTAI and freestyling from there

Fuck it pisses me off. I'm trying to get good with tien and goku blue but people keep not taking my matches.

Goku of course because he's got the easy horizontal beam. Cell's seems more tight to do.

Play around with it then.

Is it me or are wake up lvl 3 inconsistent as fuck?

Inconsistent in what way?

buffer window seems small as hell, but I didn't play 2D fighter that seriously in the past

>waiting for dlc news

practice the wakeup against a training dummy

Does Kid Buu have any hard combos? How do you play his neutral?

I like this list even though I play 16

>deflect
>he just autocombos with fat buu still
Fuck deflect only works on non autocombos I swear. I don't understand why I have so much trouble with fat buu's autocombo

The window to input buttons on wakeup is after the "Nice/Wonderful/Amazing!" popup and exclamation. The includes the whole motion, too.

>opponent uses Trunks lv3 raw
>"YOU MUST BE-"
>I counter with Trunks
>"YOU MUST BE STOPPED"

Mine connects. He rage quits.

guess i'll have to practice it more

i'm just a bit salty, lost because I tried to do one against a spamming yamcha and got comboed to death instead

Trunks says "You need to be stopped." but you wouldn't have known that since this post is made up.

I did the same thing with 16 against Trunks.
It's really stupid.

How the fuck do you open up a block crouch L autocombo nigger

get better than scrub level

theres these things called high attacks

I feel like I get punished more for not pushing buttons than pushing buttons. Like I could have just punished him for pushing buttons but instead I choose to block then I've lost my pressure. I'm so fucking hesitant.

Can anyone tell me the name of the Anime OST mod song that plays on the loading screen?

It sounds like it's being played with some sort of trumpet or synthesizer.

Learn how to instant air dash. Alternatively, just use dragon rush or universal overhead

>Goes for high attack
>2H

How do you break into 400k? Everyone at SSJ2 level destroys me

>do something in a fighting game
>the other person can counter it if they know you are going to do it
wooooow broken genre mechanics

>hides his name so we don't see it in purple
lmao

Is A. Gohan's Super Dash safe on block or am I just a scrub

>tiger mom
>not nervous around girls

Why is it so inconsistent for me to land the down left combos on Xbox 1 contorller on PC

Newfag to fighters, any tips? Is D pad better?

shit controller

6M stuffs 2H
you could also just cover yourself with an assist

>Is D pad better?
Oh god please don't tell me you're using the analog sticks.

look at these colour coordinated bois

>not color 12 on cell

Why did my name turn green?

Not the box, just the name.

>trying out new team
>causal match opponents are too easy
>ranked match opponents are too hard
fuck me

YES it's a fucking nightmare, why are they so shit???

it's to show that you're a good boy who never ragequits

That designates which player you are during a match

colour 12 is black and orange, doesn't mix at all

because they're not precise. Why do you think so many people perfer a mouse and keyboard over a pad for first person shooters. Analog sticks are good for single player, third-person games and that's IT. If you want to continue playing fighting games, use the D-pad, or might I suggest investing in a stick

Xbox controller kind of sucks for fighting games. I had an elite controller and got an Xbox Hori fightpad as a replacement just because I was sick of fucking up inputs. Haven't looked back.

Only reason I got the Xbox fightpad was because I liked the white color and Xbox logo over the black one with PS4 buttons.

How many matches do you have to play to get that?
I got over 40 matches without rage quitting and I don't have a green name.
Or are you talking shit

>Playing a Tien color other than 2

I play Tien and I only play all my characters in pink

Ooof. I got 2 Xbox controllers so I could play with people, I'll adjust to Dpad, and maybe invest in a stick later on

Avoid using supers unless it's to kill
Stagger your blockstrings, they might eventually just start mashing deflect but you can just stop pressing buttons midway and bait it out
Learn to stay out of iad range
Mix up your movement options (float, fast falls, double jump, dash jump, iad)
If you block a vanish and they're around ~45% they'll still probably be mashing anyway so you could just reversal lvl 3. You could also backdash most characters and whiff punish the followup mash.
Most people even in 600k just hold up or back tech so I'd advise learning how to keep them blocking after wakeup with your team
Assists are more useful in starting or keeping pressure going rather than in neutral/combos except for like 2 characters
Nobody reacts to dragon rush
Float is obnoxious for scrubs and most people do not have a real answer for it btw. Especially useful if you want to run out some time on lvl 3 sparking

Disclaimer half of this is online memes and may not necessarily make you a better player

:^)

for the record, the fightpad i was talking about was this, not a stick.

Take it to /v/

that piece of beauty was made right here in /dbfzg/ newfag

same

21 in color 1, everyone else in 08

I saw a combo video earlier where android 18 launches in the corner and then wallbounces with j.H to combo into j2H. I can't replicate this, what am i missing?

This list is exceptional. The first two are the most important imo.

I just started a third team and they are the only team I don't go all pink with: T.Gohan/Piccolo/Frieza. Their base colors are already coordinated to purple and 08 Frieza looks extra hella gay

Away you go /v/ermin

>guy is really good with 16
>do my best to take him out
>his other 2 characters are green tier and can't do shit

>learned the combos
>learned the block strings
>learned how to properly utilize my assists
>oh boy time to try ranked
0-34

How long till I get good?

>Learned basic combos
>Learned strings
>Learned assists
>Play with buddies each weekend
>be consistently good and have fun
>Play ranked
>Pic related
Online Killed Videogames

I hate people that back out after they win 1 match because they think they might lose.

Can you elaborate on that?

How do I play 18? Using her in story and comboing into 17 and zoning with them is surprisingly fun.

You should have
>Learned neutral

Shit

Can you learn neutral in training by yourself?

only by fighting other players who know neutral

The match was very close, then the guy won. Waited a few seconds then went back to lobby.

It's just a video game. Jesus fuck. What a pathetic thing to get depressed over.

block strings and assist pressure is a large part of neutral

Lads I'm trying to learn the Trunks Change the Future combo and I just keep fucking it up. Here's a webm of me trying a couple times. I don't know precisely where the fuckup is. I mean it's most assuredly in the 214L>L but I'm not sure what's wrong.

twitter.com/NY_Teiga/status/957180776856129537

That's the combo I'm tryna do.

Any help is appreciated.

That's just doing shit during your turn. "Assist pressure" is further delaying returning to neutral.
Neutral is the moment between turns and the times you are out of each other's ideal poke range, deciding what to do on the approach.

Right, but why do you hate it?

how's the game hanging on on steam eu? playstation online is fucking ass it's so unstable

Honestly if you're not in the US, you should avoid skill-based games at all costs. Stick to F2P titles if you want a playerbase in the EU.

Either that or play csgo.

Have you tried it on a normal sized character like goku maybe it whiffs on manlets

I'm practicing that same combo right now. You can't do the 2M after the CtF on small body characters, skip it and do the 5H

5H or 5S > 5H?

Oh baby. You're right. Yeah it was 5H>5S duh

Thanks bromeo.

I've been shopping around to see if I could get a temporary 3rd for Tien/16, and I found this bit of tech if anybody here uses Tien/A. Gohan/16 specifically:

If you go from 5S into 214M on block while calling either assist (press assist and S at the same time), you'll consistently be on different sides depending on the assist. If you use Tien, you will ALWAYS be same-side, and if you call 16 you will ALWAYS cross up (unless you've cornered them). This works even from far ranges and at every Level from 0 to 7. On hit you don't get anything (unless you're in the corner and use 16, you'll get the hit & knockdown from that), so this is more of a blockstring tool midscreen.

I don't think I could play Adult Gohan in real matches, but DAMN he's got so much shit to play around with. Gohan & Hit are a Lab Monster's dream.

It's surprisingly good for me still.

>skill-based games at all costs.
DBFZ isn't one of them

From the point of view of normies, any fighting game is.
>can't immediately pick up the game and win a round online
>requires even a minimal investment in training mode
>have to actually memorize something
>no teammates to blame
>no RNG to blame
DBFZ is honestly one of the worst games released by Arksys and honestly a step down from MVC3, but let's not get contrarian here.