/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rpcs3.net/blog/2018/03/06/progress-report-february-2018/
youtu.be/iBx4N9LkNEc
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3217
retrogamingclub.net/2015/04/to-rgb-or-not-to-rgb-on-your-genesis_29.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BE2iRgDhtFo
amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP815GY/dp/B06XWD8QQJ
ebay.com/itm/Official-Original-Sega-Saturn-Controller-Gamepad-Model-2-Good-Condition/122777361146?hash=item1c9619dafa:g:DIkAAOSwi8xZ88~s
github.com/StapleButter/melonDS/issues/96
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rpcs3.net/blog/2018/03/06/progress-report-february-2018/

You okay there mate?

So it's literally nothing

It's getting somewhere.
youtu.be/iBx4N9LkNEc

Are you excited for Citra's upcoming update? Bottom row in almost all green describes what it'll do when glvtx is enabled.

Are they pushing out the Ati fix too?

Why do people praise Dolphin again?

When a game is listed as "playable" in rpcs3 is that simply referring to gameplay? I'm trying KH1.5 and the sounds just cuts out randomly while using the most recent build. Gameplay is perfectly fine with no freezing so far but it is annoying that the sound just vanishes. I did find a description of the problem on github here:
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3217
but nothing arose from the post.

That's not even even a scaling issue, sprite rendering in Dolphin is just downright fucked

In pretty much every emulator, "playable" simply means it can be played from start to finish

with bated breath
sure are taking their sweet time

That doesn't look quite like a CRT though.

Even the sharpest PC CRT and broadcast monitors with super sharp scanlines at 240p still look bright and not darkened like that, much less consumer CRT TVs that bloom and defocus the scanlines together.

Took then from here:
retrogamingclub.net/2015/04/to-rgb-or-not-to-rgb-on-your-genesis_29.html

I bet $5 you turned on "force texture filtering"

Nope

SP must pay for his crimes.

zeromus did nothing wrong.

he hates pokefags and purposefully cripples desmeme because of it

17:48 < mudlord> question
17:48 < mudlord> when downloading cores, why isnt the license for the respective core shown once?
Because SP doesn't care about other people licenses.

fuck off

mudlord is worse than all of /emugen/ combined

Why don't you take IRC shit back to IRC?

THIS

I've been complaining that Linux package managers don't show you a license for every piece of software you download/update forever, and this is basically the same thing.

it shows when you open core info

>purposefully cripples desmeme because of it
DeSmuME has hacks specifically to get Pokemon to run.

>Update 99/120:
>Do you accept the license:
>GPLv2?
That would get tiresome very quickly.

Only name of that license. GPL: 'and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program'.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if folks were serious about that.

youtube.com/watch?v=BE2iRgDhtFo

Mudlord's stupid suggestion would do nothing to fix that.

But yeah, they probably should just include the full license text in the info files or something.

is there a site that has psx action replay codes i've been trying to find functional FF1 (origins) codes

Holy shit not only does PCSX2 render the game without any visual anomalies, it also allows me to disable sprite filtering and it literally runs twice as fast...in software mode.

Fuck you Dolphin shills.

>PCSX2 does literally one single thing better than Dolphin
>that means Dolphin sucks and PCSX2 somehow isn't trash

LOL

I never said that, shill.

legally, cores the users downloads don't require you to do jack shit about licenses, it doesn't matter what it is. they can be downloading closed source cores for all it matters.

kys

It's not about the users, it's about The Distributor.

well then you might as well cry foul for the entirety of RA/libretro breaking every core's license, including RA breaking its own license itself. good luck getting anywhere with that

bump

Is there any shader that simulates a Trinitron?

Mudlord did nothing wrong

crt-aperture seems to exclusively dedicated to that

Nothing displayed on your LCD monitor/TV will come close to replicating the look.

Don't forget to play a 15.7kHz tone in the background while using the shader, for the authentic experience.

Oh and don't use this on a shitty TN panel unless you like flickering

>Why do people praise Dolphin again?
Because they're mentally handicapped. I find it hilarious when end users who can't even code "Hello World", make comments about other developer's code.

Newbie here, what's the difference between crt-hylian and crt-hylian-multipass?

crt-hyllian is single pass, which is more GPU-intensive

So multipass shaders are actually better for PCs with low specs? I was thinking the opposite.

yea, but may add more latency I guess? not sure

Emulation has gone too far.

Neat, thanks user.

When Brunnis added shaders and did input lag tests, the only one he could find that actually added latency was geom, though I have no idea why that would be.

It shouldn't add any latency unless you make it do something retarded like display a previous frame instead of the current one.

bump

Is there still no way to emulate Shenmue without graphical issues?

anyone have a link for teknoparrot+games?

/emugen/ does not support teknoparrot!

8ch dot net /1cc/

Literally look at the stickied thread there.

If you're on a 1080p screen, custom res 1600x1200. Much bigger image, still integer scaled (5x instead of 4x), and you only lose 5% off the top and bottom which is within overscan.

>Still no Xbox redump

how the hell do you boot FFVIII on Xebra?
I keep getting a black screen.

I need a good wired controller for 2d games. Any recommendations?

Those games are posted regularly.

amazon.com/Buffalo-iBuffalo-Classic-Gamepad-BSGP815GY/dp/B06XWD8QQJ
or
ebay.com/itm/Official-Original-Sega-Saturn-Controller-Gamepad-Model-2-Good-Condition/122777361146?hash=item1c9619dafa:g:DIkAAOSwi8xZ88~s with an adapter

Thanks. I've been using a wireless controller and the input lag really fucks with me.

Yet it looks worse than melonDS and has crashes that don't happen in melonDS or original hardware

What issues does Demul have?

>and has crashes
such as?

No, most open-source licenses clearly state that all distributions must reproduce the author's copyright and license statement. Even permissive licenses like BSD and MIT have that requirement. SP is violating the terms of open-source software licenses, which is literally the exact same thing he constantly accuses everybody else of doing.

GPL's terms only apply to redistribution. Same goes for almost every other open-source license. There's no need for the end-user to accept the license, they only need to be provided a copy of it. You only enter into an implicit contract-agreement with the developer when you redistribute their software to a third party.

Yes there is retard. There has been for years. I told you this last thread too.

Vita emulator when?

Pokemon Origin Platinum will crash while entering Mt. Coronet after getting the 7th gym badge. The same crash does not happen in MelonDS.
Pokemon Black and White can crash completely randomly which can also corrupt your battery save. Not to mention all the graphical artifacts that exist which are just shameful for something that sold itself as "accuracy over performance"

>Pokemon Origin Platinum
Does this shitty romhack work on real hardware?

You mention melonDS, but it's quite buggy and doesn't crash on things that would crash real hardware.
github.com/StapleButter/melonDS/issues/96

>Does this shitty romhack work on real hardware?
>its shitty because it doesn't work on this trash emulator
It works just fine on DS.

It's called "Vita3K".
I'd say that I'm having a Deja Vu but you've been quite tame lately.
Still, fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

>You mention melonDS, but it's quite buggy and doesn't crash on things that would crash real hardware
Even in that respect it isn't any more buggy than Desmeme

I know it's a terrible idea, but it's not really related to emulation. They'll care much more.

RA setup service when?

I'll expand my retard proof beetle guide to most retroarch cores worth using at some point in the near future.

Where's the FOV slider?

wtf at first i thought the girl was ugly pregnant until i realized it was that dudes arm

that's what I ask every day

Vita3k running retail games when

Soon as that fat elf starts running. So never.

I'm thinking of getting an Xbox 360 controller for emulation and general PC use but I can't seem to find a new one and I'm wary of buying used so I'm considering an XB1 controller. Has anyone had any problems with theirs?

user I told you before, stop posting that fat elf, post healthy elves instead.

Post more fat elves.

Fuck you!

ya. M$ took the win7 driver off their website and you can only install it through windows update

Better ask what issues it doesn't have