/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Welcome to Cainhurst edition

Got cucked: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free to claim to PS+ members for the month

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

PURGE FILTH

Second for the most beautiful queen

Third for THE CONFEDERATES

GRUSH BERMIN >:DDD

So pretty! Not sure where to put the ring though.

AHH

>Third
>is fourth
Will the Confederates ever recover?

the poster below is a vileblood
don't believe his lies

The poster above is a Vileblood.
Don't believe his lies.

MAJESTIC

it's all just a dream

Elder farm at L3 of kkvk anyone?

XD PHONE POSTING

Ringing at Research Hall's lamp for anyone who wants to help me with LF and then Lady Maria. PW is bbg

Repostin' since new thread.

DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

If that's what you want to believe.

xD EPIC

ringing

I'm having a lot of fun invading and helping out the new players but I'm kind of disappointed that most of them summon help for their first try against a boss. I've probably helped like 10 or so dudes against Amelia and all of them have summoned another guy and me for their first try.

What do you guys think about this? Yes, they are allowed to play however they want and I'm happy to help but I think they should at least try it solo for the first time.

You retarded?

*Rings you on free month*

I miss Ahhposting

I like to hang back a bit and just pop in for a hit here and there.
Try to draw it out some and let them take a little beating

For many things yes, everyone should just do what they want. Summoning for a boss first time is flat out wrong, though. They’re robbing themselves of a proper experience. Might as well watch a Let’s Play at that point.

Whereas I'd prefer they'd fight by themselves...they are paying for the online privilege, so they should use it, you know?

Of course they should, they’d gain more from that, but it’s up to them, so why even care about how other people choose to play?

When I get summoned I hold back, only really intervening when they can't get a chance to heal and draw aggro. It helps teach new players to do things alone, a bit.,

>session lost
Where would you prefer me to ring again, lamp or fog?

I always wonder how many of them are cussing me when I do that lol.

>tfw thank you messages over PSN

My record is two dudes that messaged me simulateanously claiming to have been stuck on Ludwig together for a week.

dude
saguine
lmao

Yeah but they'd feel so much better when they beat the boss with minimal help from me and I'm there applauding them.
By the by, what weapon are you guys using to help/invade freefags?
I'm using the whirlygig for the first time ever and I fucking love it.

I like those.
The "hey can you help me with this now, and this, and this" messages get old quick though.

Been switching characters and weapons frequently.
I have several twinks and I love showing them off.
I thinknI have probably been smashing the cleric beas and gascoine with the bloodletter the most so far.
I have to be careful and slow though or they will die in just a few seconds.

I've been playing a naked dude BoM skill build for the first time. So far the BoM sucks so much but I'm planning on running CD for a Burial Blade or DLC for Beasthunter Saif. Never have used those either.

hey lads
forgot to post this yesterday
its a code for a bloodborne PSN theme that comes with their art book, but it doesn't apply to my PSN account's region
enjoy

>tfw lowest level character is BL97
I wanna help newfags

Cheers lad

Lowest level that can summon you is 65 so that's around Yahargul/DLC/Mensis/Upper Cathedral range.

So make a new character. Its not that hard.

Get started on your twink now, I bet by the weekend the servers will be prime with wagies

>invalid code
reeeee but thanksm8

>he can play a story game with shallow multiplayer over and over and do builds and re-run the same locations gorillions of times
how
I get bored of soulsborne games after 2 playthroughs absolute maximum

>how
I find the gameplay satisfying & fun

Then why are you here?...

You're not even trying, anymore, fisherman.

I have mild autism

>Help a guy with Orphan
>Orphan is a bitch
>Have a decent build, but not perfect
>Beats us like 4 times
>We finally get him
>Get a friend request and a thank you message
>We've co-oped 3 times for different areas since then
>Made beating that fucker all the more worth it.

How active had twinking/anti-twinking been today?

I used to be like this with RE4
maybe I'm just washed up with vidya
>tfw memorized every single thing about RE4
>what's behind every door
>what's inside every box
>the location of all items and valuables
>finished the game like 12 times
Now I can't get myself to play the same game more than once anymore
feelsbadman

I used to do it with Megaman X 1-4, particularly X1. I don't even use guides like I do with the others and my fastest clear time in one sit down was roughly 2 1/2 hours. Then Bloodborne came and took its place

Bloodborne and Kingdom Hearts 2 have me like this. I could probably get a record speedrunning KH2 because I know so much about that goddamn game.

Where might a nigga find a quick and easy Bastard of Loran? Any easily accessible in Ailing Loran? Finally trying to properly gem my 99vit memelord but I never made an FRC root and I need ONE BASTARD.

>99vit
what does the HP bar look like?

Is BL50 too low if I wanna co-op in the DLC? What level do people usually play there? It's been a while...

Most people run through the DLC at arounf BL 70-90.

The setting/atmosphere combined with the asymmetric and spontaneous multiplayer is what transcends Soulsborne from being ''just'' a game. I enjoy the idea of being one of many hunters in Yharnam/Lothric/Lordran and also the idea that I can appear in other people's games as a cheeky message, a phantom passing by, a helpful co-operator, as a hostile invader or as the area boss. The singleplayer world especially in BB just sucks me in with it's eerie and lonely but very comfy and at timrs beautiful atmosphere where you feel like a reasonably average joe caught into something much greater instead of the typical fantasy treatment where the player is made the world's focus.

The gameplay is extraordinarily good, and I love the story and setting. I have well over a dozen ‘completed’ characters (chalice gems) and I still love the main story the most.

Are there any false chalices where I can get some 27.2 physical radials?

Been getting invaded some in woods, maybe 20 times, around 10 different people. Lost to a unzip vilecuck, someone with rakuyo, and a bolt saif arc character. Haven’t seen any other wheel twinks though. But most people who invaded me were definitely twinks, only one or two wasn’t. Tried getting invaded in frontier but only got 2 invasions very far apart so I gave that up. BL43 btw

No, you need to be in FRC for those

I'm 106 and have been summoned twice in the past 10 minutes, first guy died at the guns bear boomhammer hunter and I just took down Laurence with the second one. you should be fine

Looks like this + three clockwise runes

Can I get a closeup on that devilishly handsome fellow

>t. I want to make a twink but I can’t unlock frc
False depth gems are around same level or worse than what you find in fishing hamlet

He looks pretty meme tier, but he's red (for vit!) and is supposed to look eager and ready

>Get summoned by a guy
>He goes and attacks the 2 doggos at the Great Bridge
>He gets his shit pushed in so I help him kill the two wolves
>He bows and ends the session
The fuck.

new meta

Those are pretty hard to handle for first timers so I sorta understand why he'd summon someone. Still weird, tho

I would think they'd just think to run down the stairs on the other side, why does everyone have the mindset that they must kill every enemy?

Shitters never cease to amaze

That’s the whole point though, it’s intended to reward people who got gud and make scrubs take the long way

>PERSONAL EFFECTS MENU

HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN IN THE GAME

dude

Since the beginning I believe, I usually put all my multiplayer shit and the hand lantern in it.

Anyone for Failures, Maria and maybe Hamlet? Ringing at LF door with pass bbg

Got a Ludwig to take care of, standing in front of the fog gate. Pass is bbg

Cumming

Ringing at Living Memelures fog door.

Anyone up to purging some vileblood filth in Cainhurst?
I'll be ringing by the first lamp, pass is bbg

I think summoning would work better at the base of the stairs leading up to the failures? Summoning has always been fucky when me and my friends tried to summon right at the door.

I have to go, sorry host.

Got help from a rando because I got tired of waiting. I'll ring with bbg for maria though.

still looking for peeps for lewdwig

Well sadly I had to go anyway :[.

still looking? I'm booting up

yep, at the fog

Anyone wanna co-op my compulsory FRC Isz?

Glyph: 6epptr3j
Pass: vitamins

sorry for the wait, I'm ringing. you still there?

>People summoning their max level buddies for first time playthroughs
>Invade them
>The one handed Moonlight hits me for 65% of my health and the dude is lagging
>Kills me from the other corner of a bridge

Dark Souls 3 is hot fucking garbage with its online, but they got the matchmaking right with weapon upgrade levels actually being important. Still, having a blast invading, lots of activity in Hemwick and forest.

Sorry, I got careless. It has been a long time since I've played this character.
did you managed it?

>sciming streams to snipe on twitch
>sport a GAMERGIRL summoning her level 200 friends to carry her
real curse

nope he got me haha almost got 2nd phase

>when the lag is so bad you dont know what the fuck is going on but you get the prey slaughtered screen anyway

>Dark Souls 3 is hot garbage with it's online

DS3 has probably the best online outside of DS1 trolly invades so shut your whore mouth.

>muh best pvp ds2
Dude where are my CREOs nigga? Or my full REO? Haha no fuck you, here are arenas and soul memory!

Demon's Souls fucked it up with it's stupid World Tendency shit which made people play offline, no incentive for invading, grass everywhere.

Bloodborne, bell system.

n-nobody?

I'm getting an a "lost connection to network" notice the second I try to load an online session. Has that been an issue in the past few months?

I just tried to streamsnipe saintriot and I ended up getting this shit as well.

So, is BB's online revived cause it's free on PSN? BB is my favorite Souls game, but its online just went to die after DaSIII.