Eve Online General /eog/

ECM needs buffs edition

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed)

Future:
eveonline.com/article/p4ejjg/balance-changes-coming-in-the-march-release

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/
forums.eveonline.com/t/februrary-balance-update-assault-frigates-and-assault-damage-controls/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/character/2113674608/kills/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>alliance tournaments

eve would be a much better game if all the players who sperg super seriously about at and other similar gay arena pvp got gassed

What are these minigames the OP mentions?

Oneiros

CODE may be the saddest thing I have ever seen in online gaming

First for muh scorch

Truly what makes lasers so dominant in the pvp meta

>tfw killboard is entirely red

>not apocalypse

zkillboard.com/character/2113674608/kills/
What about goons?

Managed to go throuh goons's hq, evade a bubble camp (only one bubble), evade a fast locker

all that with a prototype cloaked imicus.

And finally reached my destination.
Then destroyed an unhackable 100M container.
Then went to sleep. But didn't because I work in one hour.

Exploration is a meme

unhackable

nothing is unhackable

two times in a row :
only choice is to kill the thing that reduce your weapon to 10, gets left at 5hp and a node after there's an enemy that blocks everything. Even with luck I couldn't have finished those levels.
Maybe with betters skills and stuff.

>fc complains about headshotting

>caring about killboard colors
You should only ever use a killboard to spy on other people.

But I keep losing ships and it makes me feel bad. I want to win a fight for once.

hows the hi-sec war decks goin? I bet its boring and pointless as it sounds

>fc complains about unhacking

Found a sleeper data site in high sec. Salvaged about 30mil from it, plus a BPC that might go for 20-30m.

That sort of called my day early. I was going to visit a different nullsec pocket for exploration, but this came up first.

I haven't ninja salvaged for a week. I sort of miss that steady, safe income. The spikes were nice, the lows suck. Abandoned drones never disappoint.

Should I make an alt specifically to fly a Hel?

No, alts are cancer.

I think it would be better if they made skills have ten ranks with halved returns and SP requirements per rank so you don't have to literally wait an entire fucking month for a single skill rank.

>enemy fleet headshots my atron

why wouldnt you make an alt for it?

all caps go on alts

low tier

You could join a nullsec blob and salvage after ratters. With a steady supply you should get like +60m/h but you lose your soul in the process.

Is Horde a good nullblob to join for making isk

>not ninja salvaging in enemy space and getting countless MTU kills

>not stocking 0.0 market with MTUs and popping them with your neutral alt

redpill me on the zealot

I guess, as long as you dont die to gatecamps. If you're going to salvage then tailing carriers, supers and smartbomber fleets will be your thing, otherwise the payout is kinda meh but still probably higher than what you're doing right now.
Goons probably have more capitals than battleships ratting, Horde's mostly subcaps and TEST has a few caps here and there.

it's been shit for almost a decade now

It used to be pretty good for sniping defenseless pods though.

Im still trying to find a half decent fit for that thing.

Can't be that hard. Fit the biggest lasers you can, a bunch of heatsinks and some sensor boosters in the mids to maximise scorch sniping potential

>zealot
>mids
>sensor boosters
>sniping

Sniping is how you use a Zealot dude

Join TEST

How can I store ship in space like I store loot in a secure container ?
I'm exploring nullsec and would like a backup if my ship gets exploded, no station nearby

Eject and leave it floating somewhere safe. Someone might scan it down and steal it though

Can you still do deep safe that are far from (>15au) everything ?

If I create one, someone just has to send a combat probe with a huge range and it will appear, no?

Just anchor a citadel dude

No citadel's in npc null

Really? That's dumb

Doesnt those dissapear after DT unless they're in a pos bubble?

Yeah but so do loot containers

Are you sure? I've read indefinitely.

I was talking about secure containers, those last long

they look cool

Hey guys, possibly looking to get back in to EVE. I played probably 5+ years ago, I kept coming back and leaving at different points.

If I were to come back, would it be better to create a whole new character or use my old one? I can't remember how many SP I had but the skills were really spread out instead of being invested in one area. Also, what changes have been made, is there now more to do than just mining and ratting in zero-sec like I did when I played back then? If I came back it would be to casually play, rather than fully investing all my time and with the way the skills work in EVE it's probably better than me looking to other MMO's.

There is no benefit to using a new character. SP is too important.

Player owned stations have replaced POSes, so wormhole space is now easier to live in. PVE is still just a boring grind you do because you need money.

You can play as much or little as you want.

>wormhole space
I remember hearing about that, sounds interesting. There's also more planet interaction now too right, like building on them?

>There is no benefit to using a new character. SP is too important.
I just thought that a new character would have more bonuses now or start with more SP etc in order to catch up with the playerbase.

New characters start with roughly 400k sp now.

Planetary interaction was supposed to be integrated with an FPS in order to create this dynamic thing where EVE players hire mercenaries from the FPS game, but the game developers are retarded and failed to do anything of the sort.
Now it's just a thing you setup and it accumulates crafting materials for you. It's good for passive income because of how little attention it requires and nothing else.
Also, different areas in the game have different PI farm opportunities, so doing it in a wormhole or in nullsec is much better than lowsec or highsec.

Brand new characters start with more SP than they did a few years ago, but that's till negligible.
The only part that's really important is that you can play for free, but with severe skillpoint limitations. You can train, very, very slowly, up to 5 million SP for free.

Holy shit, that seems like nothing. I'm pretty sure my old character has maybe 3-4mil SP? So I would be best getting my old account then.

Small Projectiles V

OOOooOooooh yeah. That's the good shit...

> not having cyno alts for your caps
> not having more than 1 capital character
> cucking any of your characters out of a ship now you can dock up everything
t. bad player

Daily reminder if you play Amarr you're the laughing stock of new eden.

desu you shouldn't train any hull past tech 1 battleships on your main.

amarr
khanid
cyberknight

Depends on what you wanna do, but you could easily join a null blob with SRP and basically just log in to pvp

But you can keep up to 20m sp if you were omega and revert back to alpha? seems a bit broken, f2p players in battleships

Yes, if you have the SP trained beforehand, you can use a T1 battleship (including navy and pirate battleshits like the Rattlesnake).

local filtering when?

Is there anything to do for like first 2 months of this game other than hauling and mining?

I appreciate the non-theme park progression but level 2 or higher security mission are dull as fuck like dude get shafted from 60km away by 5 battle cruisers, takes almost an hour to do a single mission by killing one ship at time then docking to repair, hell I make a loss when the loot rng ain't going my way. It's either that or strap on some sniper shit and do so little dps that they out "heal" the damage, then again I could farm level 1 security that offer such chump change that I may as well do higher level distribution missions.

It just doesn't seem worth the time investment at low SP when that's literally the only thing holding me back, I can just come back in couple months once it worked through a set up skill queue and do what I'm doing now just with 400% more efficiency and every enemy isn't a fucking chore. I don't expect to have everything from day 1 but at least with traditional progression the work I do now helps me in the long run, at best I could farm 800mill for a skill booster to knock off a few days which would probably take just as long to save up for, hell it actually better isk per hour to be work a real life minimum wage job and buy plex then actually play this game at this "level".

You can rat in a vni with a couple of weeks of training.

>docking to repair
>hour each mission
Problem here fella, always carry local repairs for pve (unless you're going to be passive recharge shield tank) to avoid having to dock to repair which wastes time.
You should also have a means to close the distance between you and the target, while long range weapons are better for pve if your damage is lackluster and you can't break your targets with them then train up your support skills for weapons more then have something to get you within your optimal.

I would also recommend just getting a core probe launcher and running 1-2/10 DED complexes.

Can't you get in a dirt cheap heron or venture right after the tutorial and do exploration? Or did they change that?

Should i buy a Stratios for exploration?

if you can fit a covert ops cloak, sure

No, get an astero. There is no reason to use a stratios for exploration. It's easier to catch and ambush than a frigate and looks hilarious on the killboard.

ok my dude, just bought my first Astero. i hope it doesn't get blown up on her maiden flight

How can I make friends in this game?

I blew up my astero (again) half an hour ago.
Good luck.

You can but once you have the skills for it vni ratting will make you more for less effort.

So much loot in my cargo, stuck in nullsec forever o/

by joining all-out

I'm Caldari so yeah passive recharge shields, flying Caracal with RLML. I do know I can spec into other factions ships and shit but I just didn't see point right now, trying to get what I've already got to reasonable level is enough time waiting than trying to jack of all trade into amour or other weapon types right now.

My shields just get shredded by time I take out single cruiser or battle cruiser, I'm using micro-wrap with capacitor booster with cap booster consumables on cooldown just to power it, I tried the active shield recharge but that just empties my capacitor in a cycle, even one that used cap boosters seemed pointless they all "heal" piss poorly. Reloading is also a pain in the ass which pretty much require a warp out because trying to move from 40km to 80km and back pretty much does fuck all as I get shelled the entire way, just end up wasting cap boosters to do it and takes so long it's reloaded by time I make it out of range.

Anyway thanks for the advice, I'll give it a look at.

looking at a caracal with heavy missiles (61km range) 160 dps on paper with >1k alpha.

Large ancil booster + boost amp for 507hp over 4s, with 5 charges of 200 boosters thats 2.5k damage you can tank before needing to reload so you would use it when your shield hits 30% to get the most out of it.
afterburner instead of mwd to stop your sig radius from increasing massively, 606 m/s isn't amazing but still enough to burn about 50km but you wont need to with heavy missiles, more to keep your transversal up.

Do market alts still grind faction standing or have citadel trading made that obsolete? I assume a jita station alt still has to get perfect standing.

I'm looking for a trade corp, any suggestions?

There are no trade corps.

is that so?, damn, where did i get the idea that trade corps existed

Probably because you saw someone's alt corp called X trade consortium or whatever the fuck they want to call it these days.
People with trade alts tend to stuff them all into one corp so they don't have to worry about taxes.

which corp should I join to become a part of the Venal/LPs mafia and become FAST RICH

thanks I'll give it a shot

the game is only as boring as you are, or boring as stupid you are judging by the way you describe L2 security missions.

Also
>hell it actually better isk per hour to be work a real life minimum wage job and buy plex then actually play this game at this "level".

I mean this is literally true in every single game. Of course you can make more money by simply using real life cash, who would pay for anything with real money if you could just make more by playing the game itself.

Such a fucking stupid statement jesus.

How it's even possible that L2 security missions are shreking you in a Cruiser?
I had my day old Alpha account run L2's in a shitfit Omen as soon as I could get the standings for them.
Post fit.

Join faction warfare with me. We'll fly around, cap plexes and kill dudes

You can make money doing DED 1/2s, Data/Relic sites, Salvaging and trade all within the first two months.

If you want PvP, Faction warfare is possible (thought difficult) and you can join any one of the NPSI fleets if their doctrine has room for the T1 ships you can fit.

>Is there anything to do for like first 2 months of this game other than hauling and mining?

These are the main things you CAN'T do.

You can explore, you can PVP, you can scam, you can steal, you can be tackle/bait, you can do FW, you can do DEDs.

>It just doesn't seem worth the time investment at low SP when that's literally the only thing holding me back

It really isn't the only thing holding you back. You have to accept the fact that you're ignorant about a lot of things in this game. That's what's primarily holding you back. SP just helps or makes it more difficult.