incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

hiesetsu.itch.io/hexstone
stackoverflow.com/questions/3922599/
cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/building-a-basic-low-poly-character-rig-in-blender--cg-16955
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I CANT WAIT FOR WAIFU JAM 2018

Delete this filth

>not using any of the numerous agdg-specific waifus

>mfw late early afternoon caffeine crash
god i want off the coffee dev ride
the only thing i can do to fix the caffeine crash is have more coffee
which means tomorrow i have to have coffee simply to stave off the caffeine withdrawal headache
the coffee ride never ends

In game maker, what makes the Draw GUI event different from the regular Draw event? ditto for their functions.

>I'm still not sure what you want to do when you collide. Do you just want to stop?
In this specific case. I also want the ball to have erratic behavior when it collides. Then maybe I'll want to create polygon shapes instead of the wall, to learn how that works.

Basically I want to learn as much as possible about collision with this example.

>drinking mud with water
For what purpose

Go cold turkey, it's gonna suck for a couple days but caffeine addiction passes relatively fast.
Also drink green tea instead.

Draw GUI will draw things relative to the screen and will generally go on top of everything, so you'd use it for the player HUD and such. Draw will draw things relative to its position in the room.

>having people complain if they don't agree with your design decisions
The thing about the internet is that there are always people who will think your game is great and your decision to add body armor to a competitive FPS as paid DLC is a great and totally justified idea... and then there will always be people who hate everything about the game, who say that Hat in Time is trash, KC:D is trash, Shovel knight is trash etc. The skill is being able to judge where the majority of players stand and being able to balance their satisfaction with your 'vision' and what is actually feasible.
I worked on one HL2 mod way back when where the lead programmer couldn't handle parsing community or team feedback and eventually just did a runner with the source code and changed the core gameplay mechanics so that they satisfied his original 'vision' of the game. Unfortunately his vision sucked hard and took the game from 1.5k concurrent players to 50 in a couple of weeks.

the trick is to not develop a heavy tolerance so the withdrawl isn't bad.
cap yourself to a few cups a day and drink a lot of water and you should only have a minor headache at worst.
And then skip a day and only have a cup and so on.

Actually, thinking about it.

Using staticbody works sometimes, but if I want a shooter, and I want it to be possible to shoot through certain areas while players can't walk through them, a staticbody wouldn't work.

Have you checked on KinematicCollision2D? Are you using move_and_collide to move or?

>A sort of idealized version of modern Japan, but with pastel colours,

Pick pretty much any shonen plot, choose a game genre and that could be your game e.g.

>Monsters are stalking the streets at night, protag has to beat they ass, while also managing school life by day. (Action game with rpg/VN enements).
>Delinquent school fighting game. Be the boss boy etc. (Fighting/beat em up game with rpg elements)
>Stealth game where your stalk girls, break into their houses and steal their panties.
>Detective game where you have to solve a bizzare murder at your school or community, demonic/lovecraftian themes in play.

What if you disagree with most people about what makes a game fun? Whenever games get a ton of players I usually end up butting heads with all the new players and everyone thinks I'm wrong in regards to design. For example in league of legends I think shortening the games and basically removing the laning phase has essentially ruined the game. They've also done pretty much everything they can to punish conservative play, and to also punish champions that rely on snowballing, the designers and newer players seem to absolutely hate the idea of a "won game", or rather a game that is essentially pre-determined at some point before it's actual end. However I don't see the point in having mechanics like goal, and farming, and wards, and towers, and deathtimers, etc if you don't want people to be able to impact the game in a way that allows them to gain more and more control. Getting ahead and taking a knee should be a viable strategy and league was fun to play and watch when it was more structured and logical instead of fast paced and chaotic.

I imagine you'll think I have shit taste too though. I also like pure supports in mmo's and hate how modern games seem to have done away with them and distributed buffs to every other class instead because "support gameplay is unfun".

I'm using neither, I'm just moving it.
Either way, staticbody collision seems kinda pointless since you don't always want to make everything collide with the wall. I think it's better to have a collision type that has completely malleable collision features.

why does this feel less like an originarui card game and more like a hearthstone fan game DESU

I give up

hiesetsu.itch.io/hexstone
Read faq.

kys dumb dog(e)

Try using CollisionPollygon2d on your walls. I have a kinematic2dbody with collsionshape2d and it never goes past it.

>What if you disagree with most people about what makes a game fun?

To a developer who is interested in making a successful game there isn't "shit tasts" just "my ideal game", "What my target audience wants", "what most people want".
The majority of Moba players prefer LoL, but Dota 2 is also very successful because it caters to hardcore players like you.
If you want to be a successful dev, what you need to be doing is taking your "ideal game" and deciding whether you want the "Halo audience" or the "Arma 3" audience and then working out how to adapt your idea to best satisfy the players your aiming for. The reason a lot of indie games, including the mod I was talking about, fail is because the dev doesn't have a realistic idea of who their audience is and/or isn't prepared to adapt their game to suit the audience they've chosen.

That said, the point I was making about people not liking those various successful indie games is that 'haters gonna hate' no matter how well you please the rest of the audience, so its important to be able to work out who is worth listening to and who is a vocal minority that wants a game the rest of your audience doesn't.

I haven't given up on you user. I think your persistence in dogeposting speaks volumes.

Agdg please help me decide

Quad trees or Hash Tables for my Tilema

You got a problem with me, faggit?

What're you gonna do about it, give up?

Quad Tables

wake me up inside

Working on a topdown shooter. Any basic game design advice I should know about?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

yes, ure a dumb dog, go get run over by a truck

What's with the doggo hate lately?

/agdg/ - amateure game doge generale

say that to my face not online

i-i am scared guys

cute walldoge

What's your day job, user

Being NEET

not great

I once had a teacher that told me never to use a break statement in any loop because it's terrible. Looking back I know now he was wrong considering more code I've seen, but I still wonder what led him to that conclusion.

Maybe I don't understand it completely? Why do you think someone would think that?

>Why do you think someone would think that?
Because it implies your function is ill-designed and could be made better to not need to break early in their mind. But most academics rarely program in the real world. So it's just subjective design wank.

There's a reason he's a teacher and programmers with 100k salary is out there.

A self-conscious professor once told me that whatever you do, do not aspire to be a teacher because their job is to talk about things they pretend they understand but they never practice it.

>Shaders aren't too hard, just a lot of math
math enthusiast here who doersn't know shit about anything graphics/3d/gamedev-wise (okay not entirely true but basically), how do I get into shaders
emphasis on a method to quickly go between changes and seeing the render
also emphasis on something self-contained, I don't want to learn a bunch of unrelated stuff while I learn shaders, which seem like black magic to me the little I know of them, and really interest me

>use a break statement in any loop because it's terrible.
kinda the same shit as with GOTO. It breaks the flow and proves that you might not understand completely what you are doing. Although I must say that it should not concern BREAK as it is designed to stop the loop. Yes she was a moron

>tfw shiba poster is an europoor

stackoverflow.com/questions/3922599/ says it's all about readability.

Same reason any nerd tells you to "always" or "never." They have a preference and want to force it on people and feel superior. Just mention goto statements to old school programmers and watch them fight each other for hours about it.

loli jam when

that is amazing amounts of bullshit. I've had quite a number of professors between a couple institutions (slightly prestigious, and community college) who baffled me that they were teachers, and turns out they just loved that shit. Probably practice it more than their counterparts in industry honestly

I can make some interesting platforming challenges with this attack, especially after I implement wall jumping.

>had quite a number of professors
exaggeration has its limit, user-kun

goto is a lot different than breaking though.

>tfw you will never have a cute trap (female (male)) try to get in your heavy armor

I would demo that move before you start making levels or game mechanics around it.
Having to turn around mid air to double jump has a good potential to be annoying for players who aren't used to your game.

I went to school over the course of like 8 years, with some breaks, studied a few different fields. We should probably take this to PM though since it's not #gamedev

I finished MIT and took PHD. I still email my professors after i graduate. I sent you a pm.

Yea, was considering only doing it for secret areas or final levels. In any case it's not that hard to do but we'll see.

>Having to turn around mid air to double jump has a good potential to be annoying for players who aren't used to your game.
Fuck off, hidden strats make a game GOAT. Which is why sm64 has an autistic cult following.

i went to harvard and study 4 diffrent courses over 6 years with triple degrees and a master. I know what i am talking about. We should talk about this in discord. PM Me. My nick is Keeps

just putting an agdg logo on some random image doesn't suddenly make it related, retard

with an anime it does

>/agdg/ devs aren't putting in subtle jokes and references that only /agdg/ would get in their games
Hmm...

oh yeah check this link where's your game?

boku put agdgs logo

what have you done today, agdogge?

>wanting to be associated with this shithole
nty i dont want my future polyamorous blue haired sjw gaming journalist gf to think im a pedo

>his game doesn't have a waifu

>made a new year's resolution to make 4 games this year, one every three months
>only 24 more days left before the first window passes
>i've done essentially fucking nothing
Quick, what's a game I can shamelessly clone within a couple weeks?

flappy birds

>made a new year's resolution to make 4 games this year, one every three months
impossible desu
>Quick, what's a game I can shamelessly clone within a couple weeks?
some logic shit on mobile

pong

Make a match three game every 3 months.

there's gotta be several games with the dagger at least by now.

>impossible
Impossible goals are best goals.
>logic shit
Maybe. Give me puzzle concepts.

I said a few weeks, not an afternoon.

>I said a few weeks, not an afternoon.
I took the amount of time you spend on agdg and your chronic masturbation into account, user

Wait are you serious? It's game devving what else would it be?

Any good tutorials on weight painting??

>Maybe. Give me puzzle concepts.
Crypto factory - a game where you need to connect brick that have prime numbers on them. The more you connect the more crypto coins you mine.

>good tutorials

>my dad told me to give up on my dream game
NO!

Just like make game user, even shit like this has a million fans.

Sick burn! +1 :)

Good meme potential. But what's the gameplay beyond identifying primes?

OK you can stop with the anime now.

your not my dad!

>Good meme potential. But what's the gameplay beyond identifying primes?
the faster you do it the less electric power you waste and more money you make. Its all about being fast and building faster and better mining servers. You will be actually some an asian worker working on a coin farm somewhere in china.

>people complain about GMS price
>mfw I've got the free(full) version some years ago when they gave it away like homelessbread

isn't that an old version desu

Ah, make it kind of an idle game then? Cookie Clicker style. That could work well.

I dont know what it is but whatever suits you nigga

>got the free(full) version some years ago
>still no game

Decent tutorials?

1 version behind current and its not missing very important stuff

Its very hard to find anything valueable, but try this. I find it the only good tutorial
>cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/building-a-basic-low-poly-character-rig-in-blender--cg-16955

Can you please recommend me some good sound libraries? Paid is fine as long as the price isn't too high.