/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html
>Tekken World Tour 2018 Announced
tekkenworldtour.com/

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3i8-vkMWj_c
youtu.be/8H09rbOhHqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want redditors to leave

second for splotched

LILI!!!!!!

I want to lick Lili's feet!

I want to marry Lili.

Behind me, losers

Stop posting Asuka, go scrub out some people online

Lili doesn't deserve the gimmicky reputation she has

Asuka canonically doesn't like Lili either though.

They are literally marrying in Tekken 8, Nina's current costume will be on Asuka and Lili

Brilliant post.

Preach the word, my son

you guys hate new players

you know if we were as mean to silver and bronzes in fgg we would be just as dead as this general

How do I punish Steve without having to worry about that bullshit parry? I'm tired of going for a simple fucking punch only to have my fist thrown up in the air

You have to go back, all of you in there fucking suck at fighting games

Who said you were allowed in here, gay boy? And when the fuck are we mean to newbies except when they shitpost or they are being willfully ignorant/blaming the game instead of their own scrub shit?

fuck off tripfag

I love Alisa!

The fighting games thread is not even about fighting games.

kekken is dead

not defending him, but that's not a tripfag.

*hangs up*

who /oldtekgen/ here?

To the user who said he tried really hard to improve but couldn't:

Something really bothered me about what you said:
>I can block for 10 seconds
You shouldn't be blocking for that long, period. No one blocks for that long unless you're really trying to lame someone out with 10 seconds left in the round. So that means there's something you clearly don't understand about the game. A person's turn HAS to end at some point unless you're just sitting there doing fucking nothing. Even if someone's jabbing you over and over again, dickjab, do a high crush, sidewalk, do something. If you're not pressing buttons when someone is at -4 or more and you're just letting them press buttons all over you, press a fucking button.
>I feel like I'm playing against input reading CPUs
You are not playing against perfect machines in a perfect game, and you're not playing perfectly. Throw that kind of mentality right out the fucking window, because it's useless. You're probably creating the exact same situations over and over and over and not even realizing it. That's a trap for all new players. It happened to me, it happens to you, it happened to your fucking mom. Think about times you get counter hit. The opponent probably did a certain move, and you reacted with exactly the same move every time. It's programmed into your opponent to do the move that beats your move because, guess what? You do it every fucking time.

Fuck sake, stop saying you "can't" improve. It's like when a normie says they can't play fighting games when they really mean they can't button mash and win.

>6 years ago
Where did the time go lads?

Stop fucking blocking like a retard

Can’t you beat it with a shoulder

Even worse is that Asuka now has to teach Lili Kazama martial arts, so we're going see Lili throwing out dragon wheels and has a better parry mixed in with her current kit.

This is terrible advice for newbies.

Kick him

Any tips for someone that just started playing Shaheen of the Turbulent Wind?

>Crouch
>Slide/hopkick
>Profit

join ISIS

It absolutely isn't. Playing Tekken like a 2D fighter is a recipe for frustration, this gives players a basic idea of when to ss

What was ye old tekgen like?
>t.guy who found out Veeky Forums existed three months ago

me

Not when your character is a fatass who can't sidestep anything

his identity is irrelevant to his post. he's tripfagging for attention and should kill himself.

It was honestly some of the most enjoyable gaming years of my life.

Who are you lad? I have saved
crassly
alpha
blitz
carlo
chariot
chocolategod
chrono
grayfaux
htc
jawbz
limit
million
snowmonkey
splotched
uui
wilvan

Okay, friend, I want to ask you something. Do you see a trip code next to his name? No? Then he's a namefag, not a tripfag.

I assume you're sorta new to tekken so I'll try to give you a basic Tekken offense summary in the context of Shaheen

Get in

Apply pressure with d/f+1 or something

See how they react

If they eat the d/f+1, the advantage will open up the opportunity go into slower options like b+3 which is a 0 on block mid that gives you a KD+guaranteed damage on CH, for example.

If they block the d/f+1, you should probably stick to faster options to either continue pressure and frustrate them or capitalize on their frustration and cash in on big damage. It's usually a good idea to probe your opponent by doing a few d/f+1 and sidestepping around them to see what they're like.

If they're prone to jabbing out, either crouch under or sidestep and punish accordingly, you might also want to d+3 for the high crush. (I think it's d+3, I don't play shaheen)

If they're patient and block, try going for a low, a grab, or more d/f+1. Shaheen's got a command grab in d/f+1+3 or something.

If they keep sidestepping, do some homing shit like I think d/f+3? It's safe on block as well iirc so unless they counterhit you, it's pretty risk-free.

What you really want them to do is start pressing stupid shit so you can absolutely ruin their day with your CH 4 strings.

Also learn slide mixups.

Why is low-level Tekken so fun to watch? I wish there was some kind of channel where you could watch retard-flailing greenies fight each other.

How do you approach Yoshi while he's doing that sword-pogo thing?

I have so much old tekgen stuff saved it's crazy. I also still have h town on my friends list, even though he hasn't signed in for over 2 years kek

Thanks a bunch, mate. Allah be with you on this day.

is bil still around? does he still stream? does the video of him dropping the tombola machine still exist?

Got to 2nd dan yesterday!

Delay netcode is garbage though. I hope SCVI uses rollback

ketae

Wait until he gets bored

Kettae you old dog, your bingo has been added to the permanent tekgen folder.

just watch any american or european TWT event

most FUN characters?

>japs and koreans get blown out in strong style by stoners
What did he mean by this?

Questions for /tekgen/

Is there regular tournaments/lobbies with players in the thread?
Who is the highest ranked player in the thread?
Is there a designated stream or streamer?
Is online ranked still active?

i-it's the jetlag

learn the game

He runs the discord and participates in the weeklies. He kept accidentally putting himself on stream a few weeks ago and was disgusted every time he saw his own face.

Also I knocked him to losers

Depends on what you find fun, obviously.

>tfw nobody rematches my geese
Why is the anti 2D meme this strong

that's what you get for playing an annoying braindead character

>Is there regular tournaments/lobbies with players in the thread?
Yes a weekly is done on Sundays for the past month now for all east coast NA and EU West
>Who is the highest ranked player in the thread?
There was like one purple Jack player who posted here before but I think he either lurks or doesn't come anymore. There's a handful of reds though.
>Is there a designated stream or streamer?
You mean like among board members? Not really, no.
>Is online ranked still active?
Yes, quite active one you climb out of kyus until you reach around orange where there's just less people in that skill level. It's the most active fighting game on PC and overall somewhere between first and third among all fighting games.

>There was like one purple Jack player who posted here before but I think he either lurks or doesn't come anymore.
he's right here dumbass

Bil used to be qt as fuck, although I have noticed he's been on that heavy bulk over the last few years.

Oh I didn't realize that was him. I've only been in the discord a handful of times so I didn't know Ketae was purple.

I did it, I'm not shit anymore

or so I thought I would be able to say, but really I just feel like I learned to 50/50 people out with slide really hard

Meanwhile in reality:
>"Okay, I'll be like daddy JDCR and sidestep!"
>gets launched because you've put yourself in a completely vulnerable state

you aint shit until youre tekken god prime with 2 wins, 20 minutes of playtime, and a 1 day old steam account kid

Is jacks combo the most difficult combo in the game? I see Saint drop it all the time

Grats my man

Who's the biggest, meanest Lee player in the thread?

Congratulations. The best way to test yourself now and to keep improving is seek locals, attend events, or in the very least play against other reds either in ranked or via the discord.

Fighting games are all about making your opponent lose guessing games more often than yourself, so I'd say you're doing it right

post a video of saint dropping combos

I don't think I've seen Saint or Noroma drop a combo once.
I drop the last part all the time though.

I see him drop b+3,2,2 at least 20% of the time for his launcher

bil is smashing too much twitch pussy to phone you

>still no links

No really it's pretty easy but the dash can be finicky especially depending on opponent body size and how deep a hit you got with your d/f2 (sometimes I have to forego a b1 or a 4 at the beginning because it looks like they won't hit or they will drop out of the d/f1 height/range). Also it gets seriously fucked up even if you are a tiny smidge off access.

If I host an EU PS4 lobby saturday will people join?

youtube.com/watch?v=3i8-vkMWj_c it's in there bro

so why does asuka get a completely safe fast mid launcher that crushes highs and lows?

b3 isn't safe on block

*blocks your promotion*

>PS4

No.

pushback makes it safe
but yeah some characters can get like 0.000001 guaranteed damage in my bad

tell me what character you play so i can complain about your horseshit move

Is everyone on PC or something now? Have I been left behind the times?

Asuka will have Matterhorn and Lili will have Asuka's B3 in Tekken 8

In a character crisis right now I was watching some matches on youtube and stumbled on this one: youtu.be/8H09rbOhHqc
I'm only 5 minutes in and there have already been two b3s, none of them got punished

haha it's unsafe bro :)

It's -18 most people can hopkick it but most won't even have to because it's pushback isn't that big. That move is bullshit but fuck off saying it's safe on block.

see at 1:06
Katarina has one of the better hopkicks too.

You're full of shit

Which character is Freeza?

I want to crush the insolent worms online beneath my feet while letting them know theyre outclassed and outskilled

POST CUSTOMIZATIONS

You say that like everyone has something on the level of a safe all-crushing fast mid launcher.
Gorilla mains, I swear

>most people can hopkick it
Most people do have a punish, but you can get fucked for saying most people can hopkick it. Maybe Claudio can, but there's no fucking way most hopkicks are reaching that.

dont bring your dbz trash here

Skill doesn't come from the character

yeah, it's a really good move. characters need to have them so you'd have a reason to play them. if you think it's so busted, you can go ahead and play her, i don't give a shit