Chair 4's fag

>chair 4's fag
>using va loan to buy a house
>triplex for $200k
>mortgage and taxes about $1,200/month
>living in one part of the house and renting out the other 2
Getting $1450 from rent
>getting $1,000 a month in bah
>what could go wrong and why don't other people do this?

I'm thinking about joining the air force after I graduate college. Is there any kind of catch? They would pay for all of my med school tuition and it really seems too good to be true.

The catch is you are in the air force, look into the job you will be doing, ask other people who have done it or are doing it. Get a cool job basically, the benefits are incredible though

I've done a shit ton of research about it but haven't talked to anyone who is actually in service. If I joined I could potentially become an officer right off the bat and do some healthcare related job while I go to school. What do you think?

You going to ots? Officers make way more than enlisted but they're usually not respected

I'll have a college degree so it seems like the right choice, but why aren't officers as respected? From what I've read it looks like the whole experience sucks for everyone at first but you eventually get situated and it's just like any other kind of job with a ton of added benefits.

Yea it's basically like any other job, I know plenty of enlisted guys who got their degrees, becoming an officer is kinda difficult to get accepted to tho. They aren't as respected because most of them are put in charge of people with tons more experience just because of their training not taking into consideration if they're good leaders or not

you are a landlord. you don't get rent when the units are empty or the dirty shitbags you rent to "forget" to pay.

Does this happen often?

>you don't get rent when the units are empty or the dirty shitbags you rent to "forget" to pay.

You don't just rent to anyone though

Is asvab score really important when trying to become an officer?

Nice dubs, yea your ass fap score matters but you have to take the AFOQT score is the big test if you wanna be an officer

What are some things you'd wish someone told you before joining? I'm seriously considering it and already emailed a recruiter who wanted a resume from me. Also are you reserve or active duty?

I'm active duty, I wish someone told me not to take basic training seriously, to research the fuck out of my job, and to not believe anything a recruiter tells you and instead talk to someone who's in to determine if what they said was true or not. Recruiters lie like crazy, my recruiter told me I'd travel with my job and I'm stuck in Minot ND for my entire enlistment

I appreciate all the info, how long have you been in the air force? Literally all the people I talk to tell me its a good decision but also not gonna be guaranteed anything. So I really want to make sure I get the right info before joining. I'm about to graduate with a bachelors in health science so being a doctor or p.a in the air force sounds like a very good deal.

I've been in for 2years, dude the benefits are awesome, you can use $5k in tuitions assistance a year, you can take classes just to fuck around because they're free, always keep learning just cuz you can, you get taken care of a lot bro, I recommend it for all the benefits, but definitely know that the shit tier parts of the job don't last forever

So basically you get to live in your own place, and just drive to the base like it was a job? I've always expressed interest in joining the military and did jrotc in high school, but my ultimate goal is to become a physician assistant and the air force could definitely help me achieve that without falling into debt.
My biggest worry is that I'll join the air force and end up being so occupied that I won't be able to find time to go to school. But you make it sound like its a lot more relaxed than I imagine, especially since it seems like tons of people in the air force have plenty of time to fuck around on Veeky Forums.

Yeah, Bro it's like any other job, and then if you tell your leadership that you wanna go to school they'll help make your schedule work around going to school, you'll probably be living in the barracks (dorms) the first few years if you enlist and don't go officer

So I guess you have quite a bit of freedom. What's your usual day look like?

Go to work from 7:30-4:30 hour long lunch couple of breaks get on Veeky Forums from time to time, beat off in the bathroom to the few attractive air force girls on Facebook...normal shit, get out an hour early some days to go to the gym cuz you can, then go home eat ramen or patio burritos, sleep repeat

Sounds like it's pretty comfy. I'll probably get back in touch with that recruiter again soon. I really think it's a good decision especially with all of the benefits. Being able to get nearly everything paid for is a lot better than trying to pay it off after.