freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/tutorials/shading/shading_language.html#fragment-built-ins
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-20
youtube.com/watch?v=lJC14EZralE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've been too busy to practice for weeks now but starting next week I'll be able to do it again and I'll get so good so fast you'll see you'll all see

>2011+7
>not developing exclusive titles for the Ataribox

Are you even trying?

replace success with gf

replace my standards with society's standards

This is a legit tactic that the majority of people here should use. Nobody cares that you have a dozen different tiles for grass.

It is.

I know imgui is mostly designed to be a "debugger UI generator" sorta thing but I think it's working well enough for my purposes. I'd love an idea for a better tool if you happen to know of one, however.

Thanks senpai.

Thanks!

Mathlet here. How would I get the camera's view direction inside Godot's fragment shader?
docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/tutorials/shading/shading_language.html#fragment-built-ins

There's a INV_CAMERA_MATRIX, would this be used to get the view direction? I don't really understand how matrices work, especially not in shaders.

just keep posting it

see if I quit!

>I think it's working well enough for my purposes.
I absolutely support your choice but you have to consider making it look better if you want people to play this. If this is just a prototype it's gonna be fine though. Certainly a way easier system to work with than most UI I've seen.

I don't really see you fitting an aesthetic to the UI as is.

wip

What unity assets are mandatory for new guys?

This

nani kore

>Ataribox

I'm currently writing a general purpose game engine and IDE for the Atari 2600. It runs a light weight .NET Core build I compiled specifically for the 6507.

None unless you need something specific.

FREE:
Cinemachine - if you need good camera stuff out of box (2d/3d)
proBuilder (for 2017) - for level design/prototryping
TileMap - for 2D
Anima2D - spine2d/dragonobones alternative and free

If you gonna work a lot with terrain - you probably nee all top paid assets to make it usaeable.

>light weight
>.NET Core

I'm struggling with what 2D game engine to choose.
I don't know any established engines.
Does anyone have experience with Cocos2d?

>mfw finally documented all the named states in the player table
>mfw surprised I kept it all straight up to now
>mfw I didn't keep it all straight and had a lot of bugs with it in the past
>mfw still impressed I made it work
also maybe rate my documentation

---- glossary of named states:
-- player.movement.facing: left | right
-- player.movement.walk_direction: left | right
-- player.movement.stair_climb_direction: up | down | left | right | none -- left/right gets converted to up/down
-- player.attack.state: attacking | cooldown | ready
-- player.movement.jump.direction_intended: left | right | none
-- player.movement.jump.direction_actual: left | right | none
-- player.movement.state: -- grouped by category, roughly in order of use
-- ready -- no special state
-- landed | rising | falling | hang | gravity -- jumping related
-- start_stair_attach | stairs_attached | stairs_completed -- stair related
-- start_climb_left | start_climb_right | climb_left | climb_right | climb_completed -- climbing related
-- door_begin | door_transport | door_finish | door_end | door_used -- door related

idk what that means

Whats your game about user

how much do you want to get your hands dirty and how much are you willing to pay before and after your game releases?

meme game

What's the diference between substance painter and substance designer?

one paints substances and the other designs substances

I've tried my best to keep my Data Model and UI entirely separate, so this should (hopefully) not be too crazy of an issue for me to do.

I'm still not sure exactly what I could use for the final UI, though. Have you had any experience with Google's FlatUI? It seems like something I might be able to integrate fairly easily while still allowing a lot more custom styling.

>tfw postponed all sound fx until now and i dont even know where to start

how fucked am i? mashing together some explosions and lasers from freesound/opengameart sounds like a bad idea
anyone here using REAPER?

Designer is a procedural texture generator whereas Painter is for directly painting textures on a model.

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-20
I didn't release a game this time, is 2 months enough time to learn how to code a simple strategy or rts game? even if its just cubes fighting cubes

do you make the textures of something like a character in substance designer?

buy a sound fx hdd, they're about $5,000, otherwise your audio quality is going to be fucking trash and your game won't sell at all

Trust me, you're not going to manufacture the sounds you need out of nothing. Better just dig up the free sounds and then pay some sound guy later if you really need to.

making my first body in blender and im enjoying myself, but it does not look good. ill never be a yesdev

chillin online with ur friends

My experience with other UI stuff is javaFX, Java Swing, visual basic forms, qt in python and C++.
I dislike all of those strongly and they're strictly for desktop applications with native interfaces.
So I can't really help. But maybe you could look into the imgui styles? The basics are all there. Maybe my impression with it as debug UI is coloring me and it's not that bad really. I'm not sure. I'm not an UI expert either.

It's a cornerstone of these threads to see periodic failed untextured waifus. Post it up.

>crossbow
>string doesn't move when shooting
confused_anime_girl.jpg

>how much do you want to get your hands dirty
You're talking about low level programming?
I'm normally an embedded C programmer so you can say I'm not averse.
>how much are you willing to pay before and after your game releases
Is 2D engines really in a state where the open source/free engines aren't fully competitive?
It's not looking to be super serious right now but I'd like to keep doors open you know?

You could generate textures for skin, fabrics, etc and then apply them to your character using Substance Painter/Photoshop/whatever. Generally it's for building individual elements of a greater.

Like skin has so many variations that trying to generate an entire skin texture for a character's face would be much more difficult than generating the individual elements (nose skin, cheek skin, forehead skin, etc) and applying them manually.

How do you learn to draw? Is it better to draw irl and then scan it or digitally?

so substance designer is like designing the colors of photoshop while substance painter is the brush inside photoshop?

>bought a notepad to write stuff down
>made no actual progress all day
:(

>I don't really understand how matrices work
they're a specific case of tensors

Pretty much. You don't need Substance Designer to use Painter or vice versa though. I use Substance Designer mainly with Photoshop because I find Painter more difficult to work with than 2d UVs.

i tried animating it but Blender is a big heap of shit

>Blender is a big heap of shit
Blender can be a piece of shit but animating is certainly not an area it's bad in.

that's fucking sad

me devving

Just interpolate two positions, i don't expect full physical string animation in a tower defence

you devving

fake it with a line renderer, draw a line between the thingy that pushes the bolt and the point on the bow

>I'm incapable of doing a specific thing in a tool so it's the tools fault

every time

me devving

>can't art
>art is the only thing that matters in a video game

hit up the asset store, my game makes about $20 a day in ads

me devving

>You're talking about low level programming?
>I'm normally an embedded C programmer so you can say I'm not averse.
good, that opens you up to every engine and several things that aren't engines
>Is 2D engines really in a state where the open source/free engines aren't fully competitive?
you can make anything in any modern engine when it comes to 2D, but some make it easier than others
I use love2d, I like it because it doesn't add much bloat and it doesn't get in your way, but it's not a proper engine so you need to code (or import) things like collision detection yourself
it provides a game loop, easier interfaces to OpenGL and OpenAL, and a bunch of convenience functions (like a few extra math functions), but not much more than that

Let's work hard, AGDG.

It's not the *only* thing that matters, it's just 99% of what matters.

cute dev

If you can code you can logic. So logically create an appealing yet manageable artstyle. you think professional artists made pic-related?

>full sugar pop
>doritos

take care of yourself pupper, you don't want to end up being fat

hard work and guts

If you're really an embedded C programmer and just want to make a simple 2D game use SDL and OpenGL. Everything else is unproductive and gets in your way.

hard work and griffith

Me devving.

>implying a frogfucker is capable of anything like that

What makes a good HUD?

me devving

It shudders me thinking about rigging and animating these.

feels like a part of the game
responsive
stays out of your way
looks good
etc

>you think professional artists made pic-related

Yes?

Drawing traditionally will give you a form of freedom that will help you learn things around. While it's possible to learn digital immediately I think getting the feel for drawing in general is easier IRL.

Beware though that your skill in traditional drawing doesn't automatically translate to digital and you'll have to spend some more time getting comfortable with tablets and such.

You should read up more on N64/PS1 development. Its was wild.

Uh yes, Nintendo employs professional artists.

>Animal Crossing
>N64/PS1 era

Its pretty safe to say their professional artists were working on something else at the time.

ACKSHUALLY animal crossing on gamecube is an n64 port

yeah and Halo is a Mac port, no one cares faggot

Wrong faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=lJC14EZralE

Animal crossing was an n64 game before it was gamecube. In japan it was n64, USA got the gamecube port only because the game took too long for the devs to localize the gamecube was out by then.

how do i listen to music and watch video course simultaneously? it's literally one of my biggest problems right now

? Most studios have had professional artists since the 8-bit era. Even if the spriting was occasionally done by a programmer, the design was done by an artist. There were tons of professional 3D artists by 1994, I don't know why you think AAA studios wouldn't be hiring them.

Its literally the exact same game.

>final fantasy 3 is actually final fantasy 6

kys weeb, it's 3, get over it

Do you have ADHD?

Artistically satisfying or money making?

technically no but i do struggle with delayed gratification things and such

>he devs in C/C++ for "speed" when 5Ghz CPUs are right around the corner

if you really have to, listen to music you don't understand, so like weeb music or classical or instrumental jazz. Put it on a volume enough to hear but not more than the video

What's the proper way to animate stuff in Unity starting a fresh project?. I intend to use Blender for everything and then just import the .blend file.

Mechanim (Animator), the legacy animations system (Animation) or what?

There's actually too much, often outdated/too basic material on the topic. Anyone with recent experiences?

>FFXV PC version released
>86 gigabytes

How an indies even compete?

We had 4 GHz at least 10 years ago. So I'm not really impressed.

When's the stream round two tonight?

Mechanim is okay, setting up humanoids is a bitch but can be worth it.

>using bruteforce to make up your shitlangs and bad code
S T O P

Video courses are usually seperated into small units, right? Just intersperse them with some reward time.

I like my game to occupy as little footprint as possible to match my insignificant life.