/fog/ - Fallout General

Foolproof synth detection systems edition!

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/EL3CCTS4
>NEW! Creation Club Stuff:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sdt5SD8Tk6HXt1EvOnQkw6hUtLO0JsrM

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
mega.nz/#F!crJz0LZb!WIH3QNagELMoiHrefK_dqA
mediafire.com/folder/6lyy201y5yca9/Fallout_New_Vegas

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/T2W52s3R

/aco/ thread:
Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jLJLyneZGKc
fallout4.blog.jp/archives/74347126.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Reminder:
Sarah Lyons is best girl and would love you unconditionally!

Who keeps letting Caitfag make the OP?

hi I play fallout 2

Do you think Maxson killed the Lone Wanderer like he killed Lyons?

>Maxson killed Lyons
It was a coverup so that she and the Lone Wanderer could elope together.

God damn FO3 was ugly.

Don't cut yourself on that

Reminder that Oxhorn a shit and confirmed serial rapist.

>Maxson Killed Lyons
I doubt that.
This user gets it

Maybe so but Sarah Lyons is still a cute

fucking shoulder pads

Cait enjoys killing cats and Caitfag the moral paragon of virtue says this is okay.

Lorewise it was most likely disgruntled West Coast loyalists under orders/seeing being made to guard water caravans as the last straw.

But it plays nicely with taking Sarah as a companion into the New Vegas content using TTW to pretend the LW saved her from the attempt and the story was made up as a cover as to why she never came back one day. So I'ma going with that.

>check Nexus for Sarah Lyons waifufaggotry
>do not leave dispointed

I think this one is supposed to be Butch

Cats are evil though.

>tfw tunnelsnakes

It just goes to show you how strong she is to hold up those World of Warcraft pauldrons!

Please do not ruin my Sarah Lyons with your tumblr art and waifu mods :(

That's exactly what I'm doing to!

If you redesign your waifu to this extent you never truly loved her.

Murdering pets is like budding serial killer behavior, which makes sense considering how she feels about spectators.

I'd like this design if it wasn't drawn in this style

What were they thinking?

This.

They weren't.

Woah. Wait explain the second part.

>all I do now is hang out in Nipton
I think this character's story is over...

>Sitting down in power armor

I feel like this shouldn't be possible.

I love the helmet and I always use it with fiber glass sturdy combat armor.

>Veeky Forums newfag falls for the meme
Lurk moar.

What do you think did happen to thew Lone Wanderer in you headcanon tho considering the broken steel ending with the 'clave getting BTFO is canon now, making the LW pretty much the greatest hero the EBOS has ever known.

Don't do it user. If he thinks Sera is the worst bioware character, leave him in that bliss. Don't show him peebee...don't ruin his utopia.

She was written to not fit in. She was written to not be a typical attractive waifu. She's abrasive and even people in-universe don't like her. But that's sort of the point. I kind of liked the idea of breaking the pattern of making an attractive character, and just changing a few things to appeal to certain tastes. My Inq dated Sera because she didn't fit in. She didn't like being some big shot Inquisitor and Sera was a normal down to earth person who she could turn to and be silly with and stuff. It ended up working well I think.

Did you forget that you can even swim in those before FO4? They were literally just tougher outfits before.

It's been a while since I've played FO3, but don't they still practically treat you as a yokel after it's all said and done?

He was convicted for luring girls behind a dumpster at arbies to rape them in 1995.

Fo4 definitely took a step back with armor aesthetics
I've played like 6 hours total of Fo3, do you get to do sidequests and learn more about your companions like you can in NV? I highkey have a crush on Butch

We went over this pretty extensively last thread. If you want to ignore what I said on the matter, then I'm going to start ignoring you too.

>do you get to do sidequests and learn more about your companions like you can in NV
HAHAHAHHAHAHA fuck NO. All you need to know is that Fawkes is broken and tell everyone else to fuck off.

Sarah invites you into the Lyons Pryde before the Purifier attack and Elder Lyons make you officially a Knight with Broken Steel.

Even if he did, I don't think you'd hear about it, or specifically his name. He was a minor, 13yrs old in 1995

>haven't updated my Fallout 4 for the last 2 updates
>all my CC [pirated] mods are working perfectly fine, including the store

Is Bethesda deliberately breaking F4SE?

Yeah it's okay to kill something or someone as long as it teaches you a valuable lesson about the harshness of reality. We got it.

Thanks for the input.

Definitely not a sociopathic line of reasoning.

>do you get to do sidequests and learn more about your companions like you can in NV
Nah, FO3 companions only require a certain Karma to recruit and keep them but aside from that they have the same personality as Skyrim followers.

I posted an extended version of my autism the other day but basically the Lone Wanderer runs away with Sarah and the help of Maxson because he doesn't want Sarah to die.

No, not really, you're the 'LONE' wanderer for a reason I guess, either that or Bethesda couldn't be bothered with deep companion stories.

Stop chatting shit about my Peebee, Caitfag

"Its ok because she's teaching kids a lesson based on her own fucked up ethics"
Y'know, she doesn't think synths are people. Or if she does, she still wants to genocide them. Weird has that isn't a deal-breaker for you, all things considered.

>that boone
>guile theme starts playing.

>Fo4 definitely took a step back with armor aesthetics

And weapons. At least they got the bulkiness of PA right.

Fuck Bethesda and FO4, but F4SE only "breaks" because the F4SE devs implimented a retarded runtime version check that shuts down if it doesn't fit. Without that check you buycuckls wouldn't have to jump through these hoops ech time but the F4SE devs refuse to remove said check.

Some weapons were okay. Like the Gauss rifle. I love that beast.

This is literal supervillain reasoning.

youtu.be/jLJLyneZGKc

Either they work for Bethesda or Bethesda forced them into it because muh copyrights/anti-piracy measures.

>Rapes your mom
>Suffocates your little sister in her own shit
>Flays the flesh from your father's body
>Shoots your cat
REALITY IS HARSH, KID. NUT UP.

It's probably one of the least offensive. Seems like it should be a PA-only weapon considering how huge it is.

Is it worth my time to patch it so that to remove that check?

They said they have it because people were spamming bugreports about SKSE not working at them and the4 reason for it was so often outdated SKSE versions that they started implementing the runtime check to cut down on the bug reports and force updates.
But they also are strictly anti-piracy in their forums so probably a bit of both.

I don't mind the look of the new Gauss, but i hate the gun itself. Feels like only usable as a pure VATS gun or for stealthsniping.

stark utilitarian functionality. it's supposed to reflect the doctrine and the ambitions of the institute. they don't care about image or aesthetics they only care about progress and functionality

What character from any of the previous games would you really like to see again or atleast hear from in the next FO?
I know it probably won't happen but I'd love to see Lilly, Boone, Butch and Mac again. Maybe we see Strong finally understanding what the milk of human kindness is, and perhaps Virgil was successful in creating different cures for several different strains of FEV.

She is an ignorant wastelander, and only knows as much as any wastelander. As far as they, and therefore she, knows, synths are programmed to lie and infiltrate and kill us all. If your opponent in a war is robots who pose as you, naturally you would want to squash them like roaches, as she puts it.

But even so, we see her attitude change when she meets Glory. She likes glory, and even says positive things about her. When she meets a synth that isn't posing as someone else, and is just a person, she likes them.

She dislikes helping Danse because helping Danse coincides with her "don't risk yourself for other people" stance. Why jeopardize your personal safety, and your position within the brotherhood, for this guy? Thus, she wants to kill Danse. Plus, she sees Danse as an infiltrator, and may not understand the difference between a free synth and a rootin' tootin' synth.

I evacuated the toot, I helped the synths with their rebellion, and I even supplied them and encouraged them and stuff. At every opportunity, I help synths. I told Des that sure, I would die for someone even if they were a synth (but the option that said anyone, regardless of synth or not). After all this, Cait never left. So I'm not convinced by your "she wants to genocide them" hyperbole. She is a wastelander with wastelander impressions and knowledge of synths.

>something or someone
>someone
user, I'd prefer if we actually talk about events in the game.

Which reminds me, Cait has in fact never killed a cat. There is no cat blood on Cait's hands. She approves when you do it, but we don't know why. My theory, about her own life experiences making her jaded and have a terrible view of people, and thinking this lesson serves these kids better than coddling them, makes a lot of sense. People actually think that way in real life. Since, people actually do this in real life, I'm more inclined to believe this is the case.

Why do you think being a psycho is more likely?

S A R A H

But she was sniped by an expert supermutant marksman.

>stark utilitarian functionality

Man they really fucked up then if that's what they were going for.

>She approves when you do it, but we don't know why.
I don't know man, that's a pretty fucked up thing to do and there shouldn't be any justification for it unless it's in pain and you're putting it out of it's misery. I didn't say she was a psycho, but she's obviously an immortal sociopath that would benefit the world greatly if she was killed or atleast tucked away in some rape dungeon out of sight.

This sort of person wouldn't like your character, but she has to, because she's a video game character.

She's alive, user, that's all just brotherhood propaganda.

I would rather have liked to see Fawkes again instead of fucking MacCready.

I hope Bethesda keeps their filthy little grabbers off New Vegas.

What's wrong with Mac? I honestly think we might be seeing him in the next game due to the whole fiasco with Duncan and the New Plague and how PREVENT might not actually be a cure

>Only heavy version actually protects the torso
>functional

If it's an Obsidian game: Elijah, after escape the Sierra Madre vault

If it's a Bethesda game: lol who gives a shit? It's gonna be retarded anyway.

Did anyone make a mirror of the French Resistance Uniform, Nexus took it down
fallout4.blog.jp/archives/74347126.html

>they don't care about image or aesthetics
Objectively wrong

>Elijah, after escape the Sierra Madre vault
Now that's retarded. It's even stated there that it will NEVER open.

The next Fallout is going to be Bethesda developed so I'd rather hope I don't see any of the characters from NV get shit on by Bethesda's retarded writing.

None of these people are dead, Broken Steel fixed that.
Y'know I'm starting think you're trying to make me believe my beautiful Sarah is dead. You wouldn't do that to me, would you user?

If your goal is to act as delusional and obsessed as Caitfag while not making it obvious that you're just pretending you're doing a bad job at the second part.

I just like Sarah, there's not a deep plot to this one pal

>I'll ignore that retarded DLC that they needed to fix the retarded plot that we made
>Anyone who says otherwise is DELUSIONAL!

I think she only likes Glory 'cause Glory admits she's not human and doesn't think synths should be considered human. Regardless of her opinion, she likes it when you genocide the Railroad.
She likes it when you inform Brandis his men are dead and then withhold their holotapes from him, for whatever reason.
She literally enjoys being a dick. She's not just ignorant, she's a complete asshole. You worshiping the ground she walks on makes as much sense as Maxson marrying an institute SS.

>First time clearing out the Libertalia Raiders
Wow I got some hardcore feels from that story.
Really explains a lot about why the minutemen are gone too

????????????????? Why do they do it??

You know, now that i think about it i would actually have liked it if Sarah were the Elder in FO4 and turned into a full-retard DEUS VULT twice as dickish as Maxson with maybe only slight hints about what happened that turned her so bitter.
Would have been a nice contrast to her character from FO3.

Why are CC mods so half-assed? Is that a quality control requirement so it fits the half-assed game?

It's amazing how they're unironically charging real money for stuff any Photoshop amateur can do better in 10 minutes.

G I G A B R A I N

>Where do you work out?
>The institute.

More importantly are people actually buying this shit? I sure fucking hope not.

>hardcore feels

This, They give that shit away for free for a reason.
It's trash.

Minimum effort for maximum profit. We are spoiled from free quality mods for almost a decade but i'm sure Bethesda will continue to undermine the modding community in the coming years like they have been doing so far.

PS4fags are eating this shit up and praise based Bethesda for selling them mods, make no mistake.

I think it has to do with the .esl format being limited to a certain total number of records (4000 I think), thus precluding anything complex making its way to the Creation Club.

A textures resolution and detail has nothing to do with the records limit.

Post Power Armors!

Nigga what
Do you know what forms and records limits are
Do you really think they have anything to do with a texture

About to get back into FO4. All I want to do is speedrun the shitty story and start building settlements and robo buddies. Can I get a list of the best settlements mods these days?

!

You do know that Nexus has some sort of tag system right? Do you REALLY want people's opinions here?

fuk u my opinions are objectively best