Postmodernism

Did postmodernism killed western society and culture?
Also redpill me on what are postmodernism toughts on industrialization

I want /pol/ to leave

>Postmodernism
>not Brutalism

>western society and culture
Is pretty alive last time I checked.

Yeah because questions on postmodernism are /pol/ tier now right? This board is WWII general without discussions like this.

That's not brutalism, pic related is

>Did postmodernism killed western society and culture?
No

It is /pol/ tier, and also not Veeky Forums. Fuck off with your thinly veiled whining about western society thread.

>Pretty alive
Then how will western culture grow out postmodernism? Because there are no natural successors to postmodernism

>whining about western society
When i did that?
>and also not Veeky Forums
You are right is Humanities

>no natural successors to postmodernism
>postpostmodernism

checkmate, chucklefucks

>Because there are no natural successors to postmodernism
Time will tell. There is no reason to assume history, human development and cultural evolution will suddenly stop.

Postmodernism is just an abstraction of tropes and contemporary philosophy; not all of it is bad. It's specifically moral and cultural relativity that is responsible for the shit that you see today.

>YOU WROTE SOMETHING WRONG SO I'M RIGHT AND YOU ARE STUPID XXXXDDDDD

>It's specifically moral and cultural relativity that is responsible for the shit that you see today.

Man, I bet you're fun at parties

You are aware that the men who stormed the beaches of Normandy are not biologically different than the numales and fuccbois of today's college campuses?

Postmodernism say that nothing new can be made and is deconstructive, sound pretty final to me man
I'm saying that is bad i'm talking about the fact that is pretty much the final stage

They are. Objectively more feminized and neotenized probably through xenoestrogens.

So you do indeed dislike todays society. And thats why you opened this thread?
In which case was heads on.
Go bitch somewhere else.

I don't have a lot of friends so I spend nights talking to myself and to anons about postmodernism

>Postmodernism say that nothing new can be made and is deconstructive
A pretty bold claim there. Time will btfo them, like anyone before.

This idiot wasn't me (op)
Doesn't mean shit you stupid fuck and is fucking off topic

I have friends I just don't like going out so same ._.

You're the only one whinging in this thread.

Veeky Forums is not your hugbox/safespace, faggot.

OP is asking why today's world is different than yesterday's. I'm arguing that a lot of it is cultural and I don't see how that's off topic.

Do you think the old timers back then didn't look down on the Romanticism and Biedermeier dandies of their time. there always has been stuff to criticize. I hate millennials, but that's a personal opinion and shouldn't obstruct the broader view on how humanity evolves. As far as I can tell from the past, changes in direction do happen often enough.

Yeah that's pretty much me too, prefer spending my time like this than finding new friends I'm happy with my two motherfuckers that i got
Yeah but it will be complete U turn from now, I mean has in history ever been such a complex, nihilistic movement? And they got btfo?

Op here. I'm asking more about the nature of postmodernism and what will be the long term consequence of a movement like this.
Also redpill on postmodernism thougts on industrialization

Yes, the neolithic revolution must have been very complex, with complete changes of society, economy, religion etc. The industrial revolution will likely be as total. No idea if the digital revolution is just a sub part of the industrial one, I'm inclined to say so for now.

A change like that in today world wouldn't just destroy everything and throw us in some kind of new dark ages?

We had our fair share of wars in the 20th century as a result, also religion is mostly btfo in the western society and the economy is fundamentally different from 200 years ago. Those are massive events in a short time window. Also the progress of science and technology is close to exponential for now.

Me too

>Then how will western culture grow out postmodernism? Because there are no natural successors to postmodernism
By beginning to postulate big universal ideas again. You know, the things postmodernists hate. Of course, without falling down into totalitarian disasters again.

>Also redpill on postmodernism thougts on industrialization
You have some misconception here. Postmodernism has nothing to do with industrialization per se. It has something to do with the loss and distrust of grand narratives (Lyotard). If anything, postmodernism is a condition where such top down big industry withers away and decays, and where it's where the multitudes and mini-narratives arrive. But there is an error to such thinking, namely the fact that the perpetual revolutionizing aspect and change that contemporary capitalism (finance, investment, etc.) create is inherent to the totalizing aspect of it. Thus, postmodernist thinkers range from optimists who like cheap kitsch and new small ventures (either arts, business, etc.) to pessimists who think they're irony and all the reproduction of the very order without any hope out of it.

Also, keep in mind to not hastily equate the term postmodernism in philosophy or sociology, and the one used in arts or architecture. The later ones were inspired by the earlier ones, but artists tend to interpret shit however they want (expect nothing less than that from them).

A lot of good, open discussion here. I vote No it did not kill Western society and culture, just changed it. Reality is it's all we've ever known since the invention of the internet.

The society and culture probably changed to Modernism after the horrors of World War I. And Postmodernism after World War II. It's like Modernism's thesis was to reject Enlightenment thesis about how the universe is balanced and Postmodernism was like no I reject that Modernist thesis. Postmodernism (or PoMo as it's never referred to by people who can type) is a synthesis of Enlightenment and Modernism.

I don't know about the industrialization part.

kys faggot baby

metamodernism and new sincerity you ignoramus