Eve Online General /eog/

Can't even keep the general alive edition

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed)

Future:
eveonline.com/article/p4ejjg/balance-changes-coming-in-the-march-release

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/
forums.eveonline.com/t/februrary-balance-update-assault-frigates-and-assault-damage-controls/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread
Who cares

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Standard_Sleeper_Cache
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gallente best waifu

Antimatter

So how exactly should they buff cyclone?

They shouldn't. The cyclone needs nerfs if anything. Fuck shitmatar ships

>jump through (supposedly) safe gate
>suddenly literally fifty thirsty fuckers warp in and put up four bubbles to rape my lone exploration ship
wow...so this is the...eve party vs player experience
Time to let the game die.

>he says as he blobs around with his 70 man fleet looking for """content"""

>translating that meymey this poorly into EVE
+500% damage
welcome to elite null space

There's nothing wrong with having a numbers advantage. Get good kiddo.

53 vs 50 is a numbers advantage.
100 vs 1 is retarded nigger shit.

>Jumping blind in hostile space
>Run into a gang from the alliance that owns the region
>"omg so unfair! no skill noobs! REEEE"

>blind
I checked eveovermind and the reason they spotted me was because, right as I was jumping through the gate, a dude popped in from the other side and saw me and I couldn't abort anymore.

How does anyone make a profit on T1 production? Even buying the minerals at 10% below market value I'm barely scraping a profit after taxes

You wont strike a profit unless you're manufacturing popular shit like caracals, hurricanes and gilas.

It's a good thing you only lost a shitty t1 frigate.

You did use a t1 frigate... right?

people who just get started don't factor in the cost of mined ore, as they figure they "got it for free"

ABC buffs when

What do we believe in?

That one day I'll own a Titan

Titans are no fun 99% of the time. they are good for counter dropping black op shitters.

my panther-chan is cute! CUTE!

;_;

>alpha clones changes
Am I reading this right? So now an alpha clone can not only get in a Rattlesnake, but he can effectively go ratting in it while staying under the 5m sp limit (with very careful planning) with the use of tech 2 ammo? It's not VNI afk ratting, but this seems unbalanced.

>lol I align out then warp away from people
hopefully never

Reopening of the Eve Gate.
Then drifters pour through and rape everything.

why is it unbalanced?

How long do mining sites take to respawn in lowclass wormholes after they despawn? Seems like ages since the one in my shitter corp was there. I want my comfy mining op back with my venture gang.

they are getting MJD next patch

I look forward to getting killed by risk-averse shitters

>Talos
>Risk adverse

>adverse

Typo. Point stands.

>it's not a kitey cancer snipenigger class, look, the bonuses apply to short range weapons too

>Using rails on a Talos

>the naga oracle and tornado aren't cancer because of my shit talos fit

>flying minmatar or caldari ships

Also there's nothing wrong with sniping ships anyway
>Waaaaah mummy they're using strategy and tactics against me

>doing the exact same brainless shit everyone else in the game does at all times
>strategy and tactics

do you even know what strategy means btw

Sniping isn't a viable tactic in pvp

>let's split hairs over the definition of what amounts to fitting long range weapons, range mods and being a slippery coward

I just want Oracles to be good is that so much to ask

Went out to Drone nullsec and spent two hours looking for data sites. Found one, came home with fifteen million (ish) in shitty drone components and a BPC.

I keep saying this, but I'm really going to go back to ninja salvaging. I mean it. Don't think that I won't do it.

mate, you need to be looking for RELIC SITES in PIRATE NULL. not DATA SITES in DRONE NULL. you got it all wrong

won't happen until ccp fixes medium long range guns

>Drone nullsec
you fucked up

>tfw trying to find pvp in AUTZ

What is the point of the Stratios? No reason to explore in it when there is the astero. Can you solo ganja in wormholes with it? Or is it best used in covops gangs?

it's ok for blobbing soloers with

Rate my new ship. I splurged and spent a months worth of isk on it.

>tfw exploring in AUTZ

Will specializing in ECM get me free invites to fleets?

But Oracles are amazing. Literally the best dps ship you can bring in a nanogang.

yes, there isn't a small gang that turns down logi or e-war

Because of dumb people like you. If you're buying minerals at 10% market value, instead of converting those minerals into worthless and over produced ships, how about you sell the minerals at market value. 10% profit EZ.

Jove Observatory

It's one of the better solo ganking ships.

>low dps
>gank

can someone post me a good drake fit for c1 and c2 sites? im tired of running highsec missions and combats

i have t2 hams but not heavy missiles, can they still be ran with hams?

would this work?

It would work, but you would end up chasing some enemies for minutes at a time and it would be annoying.
Heavy missiles would be very helpful to have.

fucking MEMES

alright and does it matter if its t1 or t2?

anything else you'd change in particular?

T2 ham launchers are obviously better than T1 ham launchers. T2 missiles may be better at shooting battleships than faction missiles.
C1 and C2 sites don't actually do huge amounts of damage, so you should be fine even with that 400dps tank.
T1 heavy missile launchers are probably going to be more practical than T2 HAM launchers. Also, there will be frigates, you'll need to get rid of them, so make sure your drones are good because your missiles might not apply very well without webs and paints.

>Can't even keep the general alive edition

top kek

What's a fun eve drinking game?

I'm thinking of one shot per gate without camp in nullsec

That's no good, you just end up chugging a bunch in a row within a minute and then dying in a blaze of drunken glory.

join random nullblob comms, drink whenever some reddit fag says something stupid and die of alcohol poisoning

i have no drone skills tho, would a painter be viable instead of a shield extender?

>That's no good, you just end up chugging a bunch in a row within a minute

>not spending 5minutes on every system to make 10 strategic bookmark
>not checking dotlan before every gate to not jump in a system with recent kills
>not checking zkill of everyone in local to spot a neutral scout or an interdictor solo player
>not probing every anomalies to get sweet bookmarks and wormholes get away

All this to die when you actually jump and end up on an insta lock camp (oh poor 2.5s align time) or a multiple bubble camp (oh you don't have that 60M covert ops cloak ship)

I haven't died yet btw, I just know what's ahead.
And actually it's very fun to be in such a risky area, the big downside is that it either takes time or even bigger risk to bring a ship in there.

why did I write all that

well you got a better drinking game there already, drink every time you find a relic site

Probably not.

>there are people here not flying with /dog/ pilots every day in elite small roams

join ISGAY today!

you mean
>I literally don't have drones 3
or
>I only have all of my skills at 4

I think I'm too big of a pussy to drink while exploring, it took a bit of luck&skill to get my imicus so far, would feel bad to lose it now.

Also it's starting to be fun to setup containers and shit, flying through wormholes as a way to buy things in highsec etc.

I wish I could bring an alt scout or something tho, would be so useful.

>/dog/
>elite

I fly T3s so I fit an interdiction nullifier, covert ops and laugh my way through whatever gate I please

I fly an instawarping max shieldtanked Raptor so I just alt+tab into the game to hit the jump button once every 30 seconds.

this is why I love eve, you can make a ship to one thing really well, ie; travel through null comfortably.

The only thing I haven't been unfortunate enough to encounter is a smartbombing fleet on a gate.

I knew a guy that did exploration in this.

I think it's a bit too expensive to lose to a stealth bomber-fucker, but yeah if I had the skills to fly it (and the skills in scanning skills to compensate for the lack of bonus of the ship)

Just saw a level V scanning difficulty data site, couldn't get more than 75% uggh.

that will be a sleeper cache, you will need an astero or cruiser explorer to run it

i have drone III but thats all

i hate drones

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Standard_Sleeper_Cache

Holy shit that's complicated.
Is the loot terribly good for all that preparation?

How do you lose a cloaky nullified T3C to bomber? If you're not fit like a fucking nigger you literally can't.

I'd say it's typically about 30-50 mil. highly variable though. and it's not that hard really

Drones V is imo the first skill you should take to V in the game almost regardless of what you fly (so long as you do any sort of of PvP or PvE)
A lot of ships can handle at least couple drones and quite a lot of the larger ships (like Drake) can at least handle 5 light drones

It's one of the most efficient skills in the game (even the last level is +25% DPS which is massive but the earlier ones are +100%, +50%, +33%) and getting it to V unlocks a lot of supports skills you can level to 1 or 2 and be done with them (if you aren't focusing on Drones). Something like Drone Avionics II is really great to have
This is in contrast to say Gunnery/Missile Launcher Operation V which offer about 2% direct improvement

Light drones are especially handy as they allow ships like Drake to focus on the bigger and more dangerous enemies with more suited weapons platforms while the light drones pick up the frigates.

>lose to a bomber
how..? You can just assign some warrior 2s and carry on as if he's not even on grid.

Wait, how do you get

must be fun to get instalocked and scrammed by 20 frigates at every gate and lose how many millions?

3 inertials does the trick

Ok I'm missing 11 days of evading manoeuvers something, ugggh..

I'll take the soe exploration ship asap, it has way better align time.

you obviously know nothing about nullified cloak shit faggot

Max skills + agility implant.

"nullified cloak shit" that means nothing mate

You think you can do a mwd+cloak trick on a squad of claw camping a gate? With that shit align time you're fucked.

Yeah I checked that's it. Takes ages to fly an interceptor anyway (23d).

Good thing there's the soe ship

You can't even fly ceptors without evading manoeuvers V.