/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

overgrowth edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yvnndk_zRq4
amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Official-Expanded/dp/1911015486/ref=pd_sim_21_18?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1911015486&pd_rd_r=1AAQ34812MQVCSCKDNF9&pd_rd_w=pABUe&pd_rd_wg=MAEMa&psc=1&refRID=1AAQ34812MQVCSCKDNF9
youtube.com/watch?v=PbAeZdbaS64&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=QNKXQRNL3II
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How come the Pegasus boots never made to the 3D titles?

you get a horse

Probably to disguise how small the 3D game worlds actually are.

BOTW probably abstained from using them for the same reason as the hook shot. "Too fun"

but i
gotta go fast

Malon's milkies

gettin real sick of this milkies meme

You can climb so you don't need a hook-shot and you have a horse so you don't need pegfag boots. Or you can just believe your conspiracies.

The hookshot would have been nice as a late game item to cut the climbing distances, but Ravioli's Gale can do the same.

Gib Malon milkies

Someone please make a Link Apu or I’m not going to tell my dog he’s a good boy for the night.

You wouldn't fucking dare

Do Cremia's work?

He’s waiting for me, user. He has to hear it or he’ll feel like he’s not a good boy.

this

Drink a hasty potion and pretend it's the boots.

The hookshot would have been a good way to get a boost tho. Save you some stamina.

And the pegasus boots argument doesn't really hold any water when they also give you a motorcycle. Besides, there's way too many places that horses can't go.

They can adapt to a martial arts style weapon like in Hyrule Warriors.
youtube.com/watch?v=yvnndk_zRq4

It's a game where we're given a billion options so that depending on your situation you can approach a goal from several ways, no reason why Pegasus Boots or a Hookshot would make things redundant.

I've wanted Link to learn how to do unarmed attacks ever since I saw the enemies in the Wind Waker do it.

amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Complete-Official-Expanded/dp/1911015486/ref=pd_sim_21_18?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1911015486&pd_rd_r=1AAQ34812MQVCSCKDNF9&pd_rd_w=pABUe&pd_rd_wg=MAEMa&psc=1&refRID=1AAQ34812MQVCSCKDNF9

So the DLC pass comes inside the expanded guidebook? Then what about the artbook for BotW?

For a kid who can push around giant fucking blocks and carry huge swords he should be able to knock enemies around like nothing

They got keep him as a swordsman but sure would be fun to drop your weapons and go full mano a mano someday.

Stop being dead you big franchise everyone loves

There's nothing to talk about other than dumb fan theories and dumb waifufaggotry.

If they announce a new game tommorow maybe there will be a little bit of life, but I don't forsee it being much life in the likely event that it's a 2D game for the 3DS.

Is there even anything to theorize or waifu about anymore?

Everything in the game has been talked to death and the consensus was reached fairly early on Riju being best girl.

I am going to marry Riju!

bump

Sure thing buddy, me too.

>Late game
>In BotW

Opinions on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=PbAeZdbaS64&feature=youtu.be

Not going to watch it but it's probably wrong

WATCH IT

#notmyqueen

>That voice
You made me regret everything user

Huh, I'd never seen the Ancient Shield before

>you'll never taste that sweet gerudo caramel

I was just noticing that all the old Zelda art like this looks like it was painted on animation cels. That's kind of neat.

>giving a shit about ranking weapons in a game where all your weapons break after 2 fights
The best weapons are the ones with the highest attack that you happen to have in your inventory.

...if that's all you value, sure. That seems more like a list of which weapons are the most fun

They're all identical, unless they're elemental. There's still not much to talk about.

>using weapons at all
>when lynel bows exist

maybe I want an actual fight

Zelda + Urbosa = OTP4ever

Shit.

how did you know?

I fucking love bread

bread and I are just good friends

I don't understand how this game sorts weapons and shields.
At first I thought they were sorted by strength value, but then I'd see a weak item, followed by a strong item, followed again by another weaker one. I just don't get it.
I know that unused equipment is always listed before stuff with some durability loss, that melee weapons are always sorted by type first, but there's still that weird sorting.

That's because they were.

youtube.com/watch?v=QNKXQRNL3II

>Half of SS's bosses are great
>The other half are complete shite
How'd that happen?

But Koloktos is literally the only good SS boss? It didn't deserve being stuck in such a shitty game

The latest thing is that Rhoam was cucked by Urbosa

Jej

cute

Because the other half are the same boss, duh.

also Ghirahim

And the other half are amazing and memorable bosses such as Tentalus and Scaldera

Holy shit, look at his patas.

>amazing
>memorable
>had to google them
Kek. Best boss fight was Koloktos. The rest were pretty meh, especially the Girahim and Imprisoned fights they kept forcing us to do.

Good god. Everything about this boss design, both physical and gameplay-wise is horrifically ugly and completely embodies everything I hated about SS.

I'd say Koloktos, Ghirahim (even if you have to fight him several times the fights themselves were pretty great) and Demise were good. Scaldera, Moldarach, The Imprisoned, Tentalus and Bilocyte were bad (Moldarach and Bilocyte slightly less so, but still bad).

It's the order that they appear in in the compedium.

literally nobody but you cares

Well that explains it. I was always fond of how the old art looked like some obscure, OVA anime that never made it overseas or something. I'm so glad it got reprinted in the art and artifacts book. Most of those pictures I only ever saw in the manual, about an inch wide.

I miss when Moblins were hulking bulldog-pig demons instead of whatever mess they are in BotW. Definitely one of the worst enemy redesigns ever.

Awful taste. BotW Moblins are great. Love their lanky builds and aardvark faces.

Look out, we got a cool guy over here.

I like the BOTW Moblin designs, but I don't think they make good Moblins. As you said, Moblins should be big beefy pigs or bulldogs.. not tall lanky tapirs with unicorn horns.

>Botw has boomerangs as a type of weapon monsters can weild.

>doesn't introduce Goriya back into the games

Lizalfos are dirty job stealers, they also took the jobs of river zora.

>ywn be riju's pillow

I've heard young girls sometimes practice things with their pillows

50 minutes until direct, are you excited?

Not really. I don't expect any Zelda news. Then again, I'm always wrong about these things.

I have low expectations, always have low expecations for directs. That way I won't be disappointed... I usually still am, but at least it's not crushing like the people who expect all the biggest flagship franchises to get new games, plus several retro revivals, and no indies or filler content.

What could they possibly announce that anyone would give a shit about? Even if they announce a game which is highly unlikely it'll be at least 2 years before it comes out

If there's no modernized Ice Climbers game in this direct I'm going to neck myself.

I hope they make the "directly to you" motion

I don't know, they could shine some light on one of those rumored 2d zelda games. It could just be a small trailer to build hype for E3. Again, I don't think this is going to happen, it's just fun to speculate sometimes.

ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH OR RIOT
...I mean uh, BotW 2

It's not happening this direct, unfortunately

You know, it'll probably be more iteration that HW is, indeed, coming out soon

I have to ask again, has anyone actually seen Lizalfos (or any enemy for that matter) actually throw a boomerang in BotW, or do they all just use them as regular weapons?

Lizalfos will throw any weapon. They also have a chance to catch any boomerang weapon thrown at them.

I've already answered this, but yes. They'll even catch boomerangs you throw at them if they're unarmed and see it coming.

oh no

>Zelda will never get a comfy spinoff game like Treasure Tracker