rpgmg-games.wikia.com/wiki//rpgmg/_Games_Wikia
>Resources Pastebin | Updated: Feb 2018
pastebin.com/8yx3SjjT (embed)
>[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
>[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

>/rpgmg/ 2017 Collab Project | Completed!
mediafire.com/file/cpugiehl3h3h4cu/Collab 2017 Complete.zip
>2018 Collab | canceled until renewed interest

>/rpgmg/ Podcast
youtu.be/z054tisCM34

Large Tileset Upload by a kind user:
drive.google.com/open?id=1RmVuo825PiQuL-YkkoFaaReKFO5pX0vQ

Other urls found in this thread:

sadpinkstar.itch.io/spacesave
store.steampowered.com/app/760300/Ender_Story_Chapter_1/
store.steampowered.com/app/776780/Copierre/
lemmyrodul.itch.io/cashsample-alpha02
soundcloud.com/lamone-953150012/sunset-bloodlet
forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/translated-terms-of-usage-of-japanese-blogs.27527/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play the Collab.

The ending was forced but that's to be expected.
That's actually a good writing exercise. Wherever you are at in a story - write how it ends then and there.
> A meteor crashes into the planet and kills everyone.
But you have to actually do it, not just write the summary. Finishing, or ending something, is an important skill that a lot of people never learn.

>Recent Games from /rpgmg/ anons:

sadpinkstar.itch.io/spacesave

store.steampowered.com/app/760300/Ender_Story_Chapter_1/

store.steampowered.com/app/776780/Copierre/

lemmyrodul.itch.io/cashsample-alpha02

Give them a shot if you're interested!

I presume in as much detail as you can muster?
Like at the point of a story I was at, they would get caught during their escape, and executed by the rebel colonists and the heroine's mother who is helping them?

Or maybe they'd live in peace among the colonists?

Whatever. I guess thinking about an ending even if the story isn't there yet (and isn't right in front of me to work on) is a good idea.

>second entry
>'game title' chapter one
Why do people do this? The games that do this are rarely of any quality (poor spellchecking, often poor balance) and rarely get finished anyway.

I don't think it's too strange to believe that if you want to tell a long, epic story, it'd be easier and faster to get SOMETHING out if you do it one chapter at a time. Then, you can drum up interest, build hype, get feedback, and hopefully make money to finance the next chapter.

In theory, it's not a bad idea. Of course, it does require you to be principled and capable of following up, see also: no rpg maker dev ever.

Hmm....
Ah, game progress then!

geimu???

no.

geimu....

geimu!!!

What are some good free MV tilesets with curved corners? The squareness is killing me.

Progress bump: working on the Cards today, but the rest is cut out and ready. Not looking foward to the Advance extras...

>free MV tilesets

Arise, you do not die yet.

Well, you know tiles are square shaped, right? If you want rounded corners for tiles, you'll either have to put some optical illusion or color each variation of rounded corners that you want to match surrounding floor tiles, then hope it blends together well enough.

bump train start

HOLY SHIT! In an unexpected GOOD turn, I found out bulbapedia already ripped and cut the cards out a while ago. They just saved me an entire weeks worth of work and condensed it into one morning! All 674 cards already done!

That used to be a very trendy thing. And when it was a thing the RM communities were at their highest point.

I mean, "Chapter 1" is always the easiest. You just introduce the characters who have to care of some business which is only the tip of the iceberg. "to be continued"
So naturally there were more projects floating around because they weren't complete stories.

Oh boy. I just ruined the only friendship that I've had in years. And it was with a girl that I borderline loved. I don't know what the fuck to do now. God I wish I could focus enough to make a game here. This place used to be home a long time ago.

What's something that I can do here to make people happy? I just want to give back. My heart is empty right now, but I know that if I can make one person happy everything will have been worth it.

>/r9k/

Only the first paragraph. Then I offered to do something pro-active...

I've never recorded a LP before. I'm going to try it.

You can do it! If you do, I'd love to see it.

>Icons done! They gave me no trouble!
>Gen 1 and 2 maps converted to the World map Tile sets so you can make some rad new maps. Might reverse engineer them into something special later...
>Check these nifty new "Chests"!

I want you to hug a dog.
Caress it like it's your newborn baby.
And kiss it's cute little nosey before you let it walk away.

I actually do want this.

i think it's unfortunate that people value companionship so much.

I will do that right now.

Humans are social creatures. We need contact and companionship to have a healthy mind. That's why people who are sad and depressed usually have little companionship or have a relationship that went bad.

pinching game when

bump

thats gay

ive seen these posts of yours on a few threads, what exactly are working on?

Be honest.

>all humans are white

i'm good

Three squares for me.

Fan game, graphics rip and elemental crystals

What would you like to see in a final fantasy fan game?

A new Essentials for MV. Tired of looking for one, so I'm making it myself. Total progress for the record!

ok then, nice effort.

I've messed with rpgmaker through many versions, making custom sprites etc. but today I finally tried making a few simple custom tiles. This shit is weird to get used to.

You would think making tiles would be alot easier than spriting but in practice its way less common.

Make a bunch of stuff that fits with the Time-Fantasy styleguide please. With enough community effort these can be the true default graphics of RPGM

I'm assuming you're trying to make autotiles? Yeah those are kinda weird

Nah, I'm trying to get other people to make autotiles!

>majority of party are teenagers (/kids)
>all humans are white
>Game will never be complete

Bonus round
>Haven't worked on the project in a few months
>Like the concept but have no idea of how to implement it
>waste time by "researching" other games

No squares
What do I win?

Options in terms of party comp, builds, etc.

Delete the black characters!

Well I dicked around with recording software and thought about all the stuff I was going to say. It's weird talking to 'no one'. I'm just rambling about what I think is important or relevant.

Now I'm tired of thinking about it and I don't want to do it anymore.

saw the nintedo direct. The only part of it that made me think of rpgm was octopath. it looks really good. that's all.

What'd yo do user

Too easy

bump

I'm sorry but this isn't a winning card.

hearing babytalk between lovers annoys the fuck out of me. i hate you "social" beings.

I've never been satisfied with the default menu layout. Somehow it look better Japanese, and I guess it's all to do with the different densities of Kanji, Numerals, and English letters. There's seperation by contrast. But we don't get that with English.

I really like the look of blackletter medieval scripts. I want to replicate that on the menu screen. And I mean that purely typographical, keeping the windowskin the same. Not making it look like and actual page in a manuscript - although if it could be don't I'd try that too.

The problem is there's not a lot of Information on the screen to arrange it nicely. It's just a few names, titles, and numbers. Which are variable lengths that you have to accommodate for.

This is why I am your friend, bro.

Oh, I thought we were trying not to get bingo

made this for a friend's rpg called Limbless

soundcloud.com/lamone-953150012/sunset-bloodlet

bump

Using Old English Font. There's so much empty space. But I think the easiest solution would be to add leaders (dotted or other) as fill
Name ---- Class ------
Lv-----1--- HP100/100
[OOOOO] MP100/100
I can make some columns out of it. But then I might want to rearrange the way the information is blocked together. There's a space under "level" that's reserved for status icons, I think an outline or box there would be helpful. I want it visually tight.
The command window could be smaller and I think it and the Gold window should be just Justified the same. But then there's that empty space between them that I don't like.

Maybe I could make the status blocks smaller and mirror the command list in centered radial pattern. I don't think the menu needs to fill up the entire screen. That worked for console game viewing distance on TVs, but we sit closer to a computer screen and therefore our eyes have to move search the edges of the screen more, leading to fatigue.

bump

just realign things through scripting.. lol

i think you might be taking it to too much of an autistic level, though. there is such a thing as "negative space" that positively contributes towards the overall aesthetic.

Negative space can be meaningful by design. This isn't design. This is slop. The Afterbirth. 9 months of a gestating fetus waste - and any hippy parents that think it's nutritious and want to make placenta pills out of it are disgusting cannibals.

Ok. Relax, take a chill pill.

Stop trying to feed me your pills, Rebeca!

But you can change it, so stop complaining about it and change it. Or use one of the many plug-ins that change it for you.

I need some orderlies in here! A patient is refusing medication.

anyone know which version Fallen~Makina and the City of Ruins~ was made in? Havent messed around with rpg maker since it was on the original playstation so im a bit out of the loop

NOOOOO! You can't make me-
*garblargblargblag*

I hope to have that in spades. Originally I planned for a cast of 12 PCs with some secret characters, but after examining the plot I've decided it makes little sense to leave characters as optional.

16 characters with the end game chapter being split into two separate groups. Each character will have access to 4 jobs and will be able to change between them in combat. Each character will also have a self mechanic that is repeated in most of their jobs.I intend to make combat overly complex. I havent decided between CTB or ATB yet but I know I want:

Break/Launch status ala 13, maybe with topple from xenoblade added in

Either elemental chains or field effects ala ff11 and chrono cross

Turn banking, ala ff13 or bravely default

A complex auto attack system somewhat like chrono cross and xenogears where over time basic swings are replaced with weapon skills and plunge attacks

Large enemies that have multiple HP bars, many of which act as palings and have specific damage type requirements ( Must use swords, must use guns, must use element XXX, must use ancient weapons)

A licence board/sphere grid system that unlocks your extra classes and abilities ( a handful of the cast starts with more than 1) with an emphasis on gating things away and either or choices. Gates will be opened by sacrificing a mastered weapon or permanently binding an eidolin.

Assist attacks that use your benched characters. This can be coming in to cast Mighty Gaurd, Working together for X slash, or for some classes potentially bringing in a summon or monster

Limit gauges for both individual characters and party members.

Cast of characters include: two protagonists, one a theif/blue mage with a gunblade, the other is an Artist

your classic 4 female archetypes

4 knightly fellows

3 old geezers

a terra/zidaine type otherwordly character

a moogle

an edgy dark guy

Locations include: The future, the past, the feymarch (a very mana series inspired world) and Hell.

>Fallen~Makina and the City of Ruins~
Pretty obvious it's MV.

thanks senpai

Basically me and this grill started dating. We dated for 3 months and it was really great. Then about a month ago she started acting really weird and saying that she didn't know what she wanted in life. She started becoming really distant and would get mad at me all the time.
I used to be there for her a lot and help her in life. I would make sure she went to her classes, make sure she ate food(mostly by cooking for both of us), doing little chores for her like washing a few dishes or feeding her cats, and I gave her a little money to pay for her rent and paid for the first part of her classes for college. I really did a lot but never asked for much in return.

Well turns out that she was seeing her ex boyfriend right after we broke up. I saw them together a few days after we broke up and confronted her about it but she said it nothing. Then she started ignoring me and getting really mad that I would contact her all the time. Everything came to a boil last night; I told her that I moved into an apartment that is literally a minute from her work. The building is a mix of businesses and apartments and my door is 20 feet from this coffee shop. Also I went to see her that night after she got off work but her ex came out and tried to intimidate me. I left and she said all of this mean stuff to me over text and it probably never would have happened had I not gone over there.

I cried on my way home and felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I woke up this morning feeling like a poison had left my body. Kind of like I was finally free from something. After weeks and weeks of being bombarded by obsessive thoughts about this girl, I was finally free to go on about my life. There is still a big void and I still do miss her but.. it feels like I'm going to be okay.

So now I want to make a gameagain

Sucks user. I'd bet 100 gald her ex wanted her to cut ties with you and although it's completely fucked if she stopped talking to you because of that, her need for space probably set her off.

Honestly if that's the situation not only is it not your fault, but she's been ignoring you and once that shit starts there's rarely ways to recover (not like you'd want to if she broke up with you out of the blue after 3 months and stopped talking to you out of the blue after being friends for years)

Tell me this though and be honest with yourself, did you move closer to her work on some yandere shit?

What a cuck

Yeah she really fucked with my head. The past two weeks before things got really bad she told me that she really liked being with me and that this whole thing was not because of anything that I did. She kept telling me that over and over and kept trying to drill that point to me. When we broke up, she was crying and telling me that she was probably going to regret the fact that she had done so. I think I believe that.

When her ex was talking to me, he said that she said she was only with me because of the physical stuff. It was weird, because he called me a good looking guy. And he said that she never really wanted a relationship with me at all and that for the past month he had been seeing her almost every day. I don't know if he was trying to mind fuck me though if she was lying to me the whole time.

>did you move closer to her work on some yandere shit?
Swear to God, no. I actually work 5 minutes from that coffee shop and it's super convenient for me because I won't have to drive or even ride a bike to work; it's a really great location for me. I had signed for the place while we were still together but it didn't become available until the 3rd of this month. I had hoped we could recover some kind of friendship and be on neutral terms before I revealed it to her. However she was getting more hostile towards me and I decided to kamikaze the whole thing. Either it would be something that could bring us slightly closer or it would completely and irreversibly ruin everything to the point to where we would never speak again.

I think I just barely avoided being one.

Sounds like your 3 month trial period expired but you keep reinstalling yourself and annoying her with popups.

She was lying to you the whole time and using you for $$ and you are deluding yourself if you don't think those two fucked while you were still with her

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You're building up your immune system. You now know which girls to avoid and your next relationship will be better. You say you love her now, but 4 or 5 years from now you're going to be glad you dodged a bullet. All she wants is to party and be entertained.

>about a month ago she started acting really weird and saying that she didn't know what she wanted in life
This is a warning sign that she's bored of the relationship. She wants to 'travel' and 'find herself' which means she wants to get with other guys and party it out of her system til she gets sick of it, and only then when she's tired of sleeping around and going crazy will she try to settle down with some poor schmuck to start a family and take all his money. You don't have to be that poor schmuck. The fact that you were doing all this shit for her like paying her rent and doing her chores while she's not putting out or at least meeting you halfway sounds like she was just taking advantage of you. It's easy to get manipulated like this if you're starving for love. It's going to hurt for a while and you're gonna keep blaming yourself, but eventually you're going to realize it's not your fault. And that you can overcome this and get back to doing things you enjoy without feeling guilty or feeling bad about the past. It's over, it's done, you just have to pick yourself up and move on. There are plenty of other girls out there that will treat you better, it's not over. But it doesn't matter because 2D is always superior than 3D, not even sure why you want to go 3D when VR waifus are just around the corner anyway. Hell, you're making a game, you can create your own H-game with your perfect 2D wife. Just make sure to post the game when you're done so that we can have a go with her too.

It was a good trial while it lasted.

Well I'm not entirely sure if she did while we were together. We spent a lot of time together. It was only after we broke up that we didn't see each other practically at all. She did pay me back for a lot of the things if I ever bought stuff. But I'm pretty sure she was lying about a lot of stuff I don't know about.

I don't know if I loved her, if I'm being honest. I did really like her and cared about her but I never ever said I loved her, nor did she say it to me.

>She wants to 'travel' and 'find herself' which means she wants to get with other guys and party it out of her system til she gets sick of it
My gut was telling me this for about a week before we broke up, verbatim.

I only helped her with rent once and it wasn't that much. She did pay me back for paying for her school, so I was only temporarily down. She was putting out a good amount in the beginning. Later on she was getting stressed about school and work and not sleeping and sex became less frequent. She's not a very strong person when it comes to actually living and dealing with life though. I'm kind of th opposite; I work and do more school than her and probably sleep less too but I can manage it all and get everything done.

Either way, she's out of my life now and I'm ready to be a successful person and do my own projects and prove myself to the world. Like the Bible says:
>"In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him"

If you hate negative space, never use XP

yikes. and that's just another reason to hate relationships and people who seek them.

Good on you user. and good luck with your game. hope to see some progress soon.

It's not that bad. It's pretty orderly. The worst part is that there's not hierarchy of information.
Name - Class - Status Is all the same color and size. I'd keep the spacing but shrink/grow the text to show more interesting separations.

Again, the Japanese version has stuff written in Katakana and Kanji which are denser than the number and English abbreviations "HP" ect...

good night boop

Bump.

Any nice front-view battler sets that aren't covered in forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/translated-terms-of-usage-of-japanese-blogs.27527/ and the resources pastebin?

bump

>Well, you know tiles are square shaped, right?

The assets here do not mesh at all

You need to man up. You were cucked and you are blogging about in on an rpg maker general on a cambodian basket weaving forum. You need to man up.

Alive thread!

Aliver thread!

Is the Japanese version of RPG Maker MV compatible with the English version? Like could you take unencrypted Jap assets and plug them into the Eng folders and they show up correctly in the editor?

No

That's a lot of stuff user, but I know you can do it

Yes

Maybe