/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Horatio sucks dicks Edition.

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
Oh, and Rimworld too I guess.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/798170/Dive/
store.steampowered.com/app/738920/Sexy_Serial_Killer/
youtube.com/watch?v=hN_96Q-jdGI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for EXPEDITION WHEN

Do you just adopt dying generals or something?

Anybody here playing this?

It would have been more fun to explore if the environments had any real puzzles aside from "look for symbol on floor, find hidden passage/platform next to it". That felt kind of disappointing for a game that compares itself to Zelda. Combat was on point though.

only for generals that don't fit better into other dead generals like egg or vn

What is it?

>won the last 2 Slay the Spire runs

Final release fucking when.

Never.

wish I knew, bro
after 21 hours I'm finally starting to get bored with it, probably gonna uninstall til release so I don't burn out completely before then
just one more run and that's it, heheheheh.......

Visually Pop n' Music, but you are actually practicing morse code.

Can I fuck the buns?

Underhell chapter 2 when

No

Never.

Dusk seems pretty fine quality-wise (some of the levels in Episode 2 are really cool), but quantity-wise I dunno if I want to spend 20bux on it. Maybe when Episode 2 releases.

Anyone here play LISA the Hopeful?
I'm playing Rodriguez's route and I have no idea how i'm supposed to use the guy. The skills Get Him!, You're Mine! and Do Something! don't have in-game descriptions for what their actual effects are, and Google isn't getting me any answers.

i hope never
really i dont get why people like it

Rude

what a bro...

>co-op submarine roguelike
Sounds too good to be true...
>early access
...And it is!

store.steampowered.com/app/798170/Dive/
Someone made an entire game based on my least favorite video game puzzle, impressive

Can we discuss Kerbal Snake Program on here or will I still be banned/spammed with cat dicks?

What the fuck?

t. mexican

A few hours into Northgard, it's pretty fun.

>pirate the game
>love it
>worried they'll do some SJW shit in the future and don't want to give them my money
I avoided a land mine with Subnautica. I don't want to be worried about every indie game. Goddamn early access fad.

I want to fuck them ALL

>avoided a land mine with Subnautica
Sorry, what?

They fired their sound director because of SJW shit.

>land mine
>not sea mine
You always disappoint me user.

What?

How did he die?

He had his system shocked

Ebin physics.

Dammit Carlos.

It must have been a better way to go than joining the Many I suppose.

He did an attack helicopter joke on twitter. Which is odd since they are indie but have PR.

What, the sexuality?

That's not "SJW shit", that's just having common business sense. They fired him because his political comments potentially alienate customers and that made him a financial liability. It has no affect on the game itself.

Decisions, decisions.
Is the EMP rifle good? I don't have the 6 Energy to use it, but I stashed one at the elevator in case I made the upgrade. Sharpshooter would be the best if I did. The laser pistol I only use for cameras, turrets, and protocol droids, those big combat droids need like two dozen shots and I don't have the patience for that. Those always get the sword.

Or pick movement speed and go for tier 5 psi.
How good is Smasher? Good enough to stealth one-shot things from invisibility with the sword?

I personally never use Psy powers so I can't help you here.

Im not the guy who said that

Went with movement speed. I don't have the repair/modify/maintenance to dedicate myself to a gun. The pistol is a good side-arm, but that's enough. Tier 5 psi has some really great sounding powers, like the teleport and the psi wall. I don't have anything alive around here to try Smasher on, so whatever. Maybe next time. But more speed is always good.

True. Good luck with the Many though.

You're making me want to replay system shock 2. I remember I was so scared when I played it as a wee lad. Those goddamn cyborg midwives man.

Thanks. Fuck Xerxes and the Many, they should learn to send emails. Half of the time I have no idea what they are telling me because there's a zombie screaming in my face. At least you can read Shodan's messages.

Babies neeeed rest, babies neeeed meeeat. The midwives have the best sound effects too.

The Many is a real hypocrite. Always bitches about the cyber implants I never asked for, preaches about the joys of throbbing flesh, then sends cyborg midwives and ninjas after me.

Well, better them than spiders though.

>tfw when you don't pay any attention to the mission description so you bring your explosives guy to a map that's covered in oil
WEW that should not have worked out for me as well as did

Would you The Silent?

>store.steampowered.com/app/738920/Sexy_Serial_Killer/

Which one of you committed this atrocity? I know it was you, Buffscale!

she sexily serial killed the thread

Not a fan of darkies.

That's a nice patch of ground

Time for A-A-A-A-A-A-A!

Not a fan of chocolate ass but I'll make an exception for that.

recommend some good games in the vein of ftl or binding of isaac, something with solid and long-lasting gameplay and perhaps replay-ability
just in case, im already burnt out on into the breach (even though it's not that similar)

alternatively im always down for some exploration stuff, as long as the game is mostly about gameplay mechanics (like say, I dunno, darkwood), instead of just playing something bland but "story-oriented", with a lot of dialogues and other fluff.

What game is this

Teleglitch? Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead?

talos principle most likely, don't know why this dude has 3rd person view, it's immersion breaking, looks dumb, and honestly a fucking spoiler

ded

>dead again

We gots rats to kill

It seems underrail has stopped with frequent bugfixes, so is it stable now?

I don't know what to make off that /indie 2018/ list. What's baffling that even my personal watchlist of already released indie games is longer than that. Weird.

It's been stable since the day it came out. Anyway, last time almost a year passed between two patches, so you don't have to worry about frequent updates.

That just shows how dead we are.

Into the Breach is growing on me. The presentation is kinda dry, but the gameplay is fun, especially after unlocking more mechs.

Had to unbind the spacebar key... Kept accidentally passing turns instead of inspecting enemies. That shit can easily end a run.

I unlocked lightning mechs, didn't like them that much, after that got hazardous squad, fucked around with them for a bit, got gud, finished the game 3 times with most of achievements and unlocked all the squads but judokas, but I just don't want to play anymore.
It's kinda basic once you get into it, there's really not a lot of enemies, missions boil down to the same things so the whole gameplay structure is "push/kill same bugs the same way you did for hours", you access shop a couple times per run and a lot of times there's nothing worthwhile in it but cores, so it gets kinda bland. I dunno, I liked ftl way more.

So, a few months ago I found out about a game called 눈깔세계, which basically translates to Eye World.
I barely know anything about this game but I know it looks interesting as hell and I need it.
Unfortunately, it's in Korean. All I can do is hope for a Translation, which is exactly why i'm posting bout it here. All I can goddamn hope for is to bring attention to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hN_96Q-jdGI

I think Tumblr would be your best bet with all the k-pop songs that they translate.

Hmm. Agreed on all points. Guess I'll get sick of it before too long.

ded thred

Betting that Into the Breach will get DLC but like FTL it won't quite address the holes that were bugging people to begin with

I wish Oneshot was deeper than it actually was
or I say that, but I'd rather just talk more with Niko

Sounds like pretty garbage business sense to me.
They won back the sales of the like 20 people offended by that joke, and then got a bunch of reactionaries angry at them who shit up their forums for weeks, and around 2000 refunds.
They should fire their PR person.

Isn't the way to inspect an enemy the control key?

Yeah, they should really close up the holes that the Vek are coming out of.

user, that is funny.

There are like 10 songs in the Oneshot soundtrack that I can't recall hearing in the game, ever.

How does The End is Nigh stack up against Super Meat Boy?

Beyond twitch platformer, barely comparable.

It's already wildly successful why not use their power for what they believe in

I would but I don't think they'd be interested.

Because there was next to no positive benefit for their company, and they lost their sound designer of 8 years.

the expansion's soundtrack will just be loud farts

i'm going to miss the whale noises

get fucked

I'm still angry when I think about Witch's House

You mean the 1.0.3 patch? It's been stable for months. There's a few weeks of hotfixing after each patch.

Campaigns got a couple minor bugs, but like it overall. Wonder how the Supply mechanic will play out. Glad Wolf Clan rushes got nerfed at any rate.

>>talos principle most likely
Correct.
>don't know why this dude has 3rd person view
Because I like looking at android and I can peek behind corners and walls.
>it's immersion breaking
I don't understand how.
>looks dumb
Because it's over the shoulder view instead of your standard behind back of the head?
>and honestly a fucking spoiler
The moment you lay your hand on computer keyboard, you know you're a robot.

Pretty sure there's a big OFF community, part of why I thought they might be interested in Eye World

>people clicking my video expecting a crush fetish video
>they instead get a bunch of increpare games
Fooled them well.

Pretty surreal. I like.

Plenty of rpgmaker translation tools around thanks to all the japanese rpgmaker shovelware eroge. Should be fairly easy to make a machine translation patch for this. But it would be just as bad as machine translated japanese, if not worse. Doubt you'll find a korean translator by posting that on random generals.

I hate to say it, but you need to post that on leddit. About fucking time that "frontpage of the internet" do something.
Front page of the internet my ass, I was using the internet for YEARS before I even became aware of that giant, self-congratulating circlejerk.

Is McCree good if I can't aim for shit?

how many times now have you mistaken us for /owg/

What are you talking about? More importantly, can you answer me?