I need Veeky Forums movies!

I want to watch a bunch of history based movies, specifically ancient world ones, like spartacus.

What are the best ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

topdocumentaryfilms.com/ancient-rome-rise-fall-empire/
youtube.com/watch?v=doqHoFpRDfY&list=PLed8-hbpS2Hav6fQIyABrMxLOM1VH7GT9&index=5&t=18s
youtube.com/watch?v=DT95WHihc0E
youtube.com/watch?v=hH5y71hOvk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Russian ark

I liked Centurion a lot even though it got mediocre ratings and was a flop sales wise. It's a realistic fiction based around a real event during Hadrian's rule.

Imperium: Augustus was also alright. There are some minor noticeable changes to what happened but it's good overall.

I don't care what people say, Julia is a fucking slut that ruined the dynasty before Nero was even born.

Obvious SPQRfag

Another Roman one can be seen here.

topdocumentaryfilms.com/ancient-rome-rise-fall-empire/

It's a documentary not a movie, but it's still a good source of information and entertainment. Just recognize information used from ancient historians may be distorted or inflated.

lawrence of arabia.

I, Claudius is required viewing, Desu (though, yeah, 'The Caesars' 1968 is perhaps more realistic, 'I, Claudius' is just soo good)

Asides from that, Fellini Satyricon

Pic related was surprisingly good and did it's homework.

Also, believe it or not, the Kevin Costner Robin Hood did a good job of capturing Norman England as well. As well as being a great fable movie that holds up to today.

Not a movie, but I enjoyed the Masada mini series. It's about Eleazar's revolt in Israel and the Roman siege of the Masada fortress.

I would like it more if they didn't randomly shoehorn in the nigger.

The ten commandments?

eh the setting is nice with all the costumes and locations but its a mockery of the history of the period.

Rome tv series(hbo). It is not %100 realistic but it does good job grasping over all feeling of roman society.

Audiobook rather than a film, but still. You can't get much better than the Primary Sources.

youtube.com/watch?v=doqHoFpRDfY&list=PLed8-hbpS2Hav6fQIyABrMxLOM1VH7GT9&index=5&t=18s

>Ancient
The Robe (Henry Koster, 1953)
The Egyptian (Michael Curtiz, 1954)
The Fall of the Roman Empire (Anthony Mann, 1964)
Quo Vadis (Mervyn LeRoy, 1951)
Edipo re (Pier Paolo Pasolini, 1967)
Antony and Cleopatra (Charlton Heston, 1972)
Satyricon (Federico Fellini, 1969)
Ben-Hur (William Wyler, 1959)

>Medieval
The War Lord (Franklin J. Schaffner, 1965)
Ivanhoe (Richard Thorpe, 1952)
The Crusades (Cecil B. DeMille, 1935)
The Flame and the Arrow (Jacques Tourneur, 1950)
Flesh+Blood (Paul Verhoeven, 1985)
Henry V (Kenneth Branagh, 1989)
Macbeth (Roman Polanski, 1971)
El Cid (Anthony Mann, 1961)

Agora
youtube.com/watch?v=DT95WHihc0E

Master and Commander of course

evil religion is ruining humanity only a jew and a woman can save us

Epic Kino coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=hH5y71hOvk0

Gotta say this was one of my favorite movies of all time, 10/10 animation and acceptable Biblical accuracy (other than that crap about Moses' being the adoptive brother of the pharaoh). They didn't whitewash shit like God killing every firstborn and make it all family friendly even though it was a movie for children.

>t.assblasted Christcuck