/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gBUA5WtwKFQ?t=740
youtu.be/epQ1zCe4ClM
mobile.twitter.com/MH_official_JP/status/971611358121754624
twitter.com/AnonBabble

P4tAXPGi7JW mhw play station

>OP image is best boy
Noice

Umm, what the fuck did they do to my GS?
Why is the best way to play now just some shitty MMO DPS rotation?

please explain

Who else hyped for tempered mosswine release tomorrow?

Oh boy you have to wait a week for regular quests that you repeat over and over. How terrible. Because him being an invader monster is so important even though it was completely irrelevant after Tri. Also
>gore with no frenzy monsters
Congratulations, shit they've already done.

TSC spam.

>Oh boy you have to wait a week for regular quests that you repeat over and over
Functionally making his addition to the game meaningless.
>him being an invader monster is so important
Yeah, it is. Eat shit user.

As opposed to what? Crit draw then sheath?
It's more then it's ever been.

Breaking the combat up based on whether or not you have your weapon unsheathed was a bad idea. It's poor design.

How come you didn't reply to the part where he told you gore without frenzy monsters has already been done?

Hopefully it's an armor piece with Mushroomancer that's not a helmet so I can pair it with my wiggler head SnS support build.

When is the next set of DLC with jho dropping exactly? Is it today?

>a one game gimmick is more important than the monster being available to fight
Might as well never give Jho a quest so that you can only fight him when he invades.

see

Don't you just love it when the mon's sleeping & a fucking retard GL uses Wyvern Fire when there's a hammtard around
I'm GL main btw
I really wish I was the host on that game so I could kick that faget rice farmer

>Muh crit draw snipes
>Muh run around like a headless chicken instead of putting yourself at risk with a tc combo

Yes it literally is. I don't know how an ANNOUNCEMENT (not a patch) has everyone second guessing.

mega man cat when

Official announcement is on the 14th, release should be the following friday.

Because it's not meaningful? The devs being retarded isn't anything special or new.

How fucking insecure are you that you need to lash out and remind me to acknowledge everything you post? You must be a blackhole of self esteem.

That would be just as dumb.

Limiting the way a monster is added to the game in any way whatsoever is dumb. Leaving Jho as invasion only is less dumb than event only, but still pretty fucking stupid.

If you fire your Wyvernfire from just "out of range" you can make sure that the biggest part of the explosion is what connects with the monster.

It's not better than a Hammer for wakeup, but it's not bad at all.

Hammer wake-up isn't that much damage. I don't know how much a Wyvern Fire hits for but it's probably equally acceptable for wake-ups if there's no CB/GS. t.hammerlet

Just kill yourself. You are the most tremebdous autist I've ever seen, no joke.

The problem with Wyvernfire he has is that it multihits and can be REALLY bad for wakeup.

But as I said here: you can space it so only the biggest hit connects with the monster.

>Longsword Circle attack is still just the fucking jab that is part of the Triangle Combo anyways

Why the fuck do they refuse to put anything interesting on there?

How exactly does a higher element of Poison work? Does it just make the buildup faster or does it actually make the poison do more damage?

like what?

Speeds up build up. Nothing else.
Poison is mostly useless now that elder seal exists.
What did Capcom mean by this? Who knows

>got home from work
>decide to take Friday off so I can enjoy a three-day weekend and play with my /mhg/ bros
>boot up PS4 after not playing since Sunday
>have to wait until I finish downloading update 5.50 to play with you bros
>the file is 450MB
>114 minutes left until download finishes

J-Just you wait, fellas. I'll hunt with you fine folks in no time.

Shame. I really like the way monsters look when they're drooling purple. Thanks, mate.

>Because it's not meaningful?
Then why did you bring it up? You're the one that brought up the example and he corrected you, how come it was meaningful when you brought it up but it wasn't meaningful when you found out you were wrong?

Also I just wanted to point it out I don't why you assume I'm the same as the person you're arguing with but I'd really appreciate it if you didn't project your "Insecurity and lashing out" on me.

do you live in africa?

>Then why did you bring it up?
It was an example of something stupid.
>You're the one that brought up the example and he corrected you
You can't correct an example.

grug play charge club
grug do good damage

but today grug see bow man do more damage than grug

grug want to bow now

grug want advice on what animal skins grug should wear for bow

>114 minutes for 450gb

Are you sure you can afford to be playing games when you literally live in the middle of nowhere in russia?

More believable than a stealth update that adds Deviljho.

Aus?

Took me 5 mins lol
Just put in rest mode to make it dl faster & make an omelette or something

So basically you're just giving up now that someone bothere'd to dismantle your two bit argument. About as much as I expected from a pseudo-intellectuals.

Why need to space it? The first hit of it will be increased by the sleep modifier while the rest of them will be normal. I've woken up with WB a lot when there were no big hitters around and total damage is in the hundreds with the first one doing close to 200. If you space it so only the first hit connects, you're just losing damage.

Nobody is expecting a Stealth update user. Just a regular update.

A Simple Task will be a Tempered Jho event, not some sort of crazy ambush.

restmode lets you dl faster?

Eh I wouldn't complain about nuGS here. You'll upset a lot of MHWbabs. This is their first game and new players generally flock to GS. Most new hunters are fragile and insecure of their weapon choices and will attack anyone for not liking said weapon.

I agree with you though, been a GS main since tri and can't say I'm fond of the dps rotation stylized gameplay.

no, he's just a dumb weeb. ignore him

Anyone up for t2 or t3 quests? Any rooms up?

>The first hit of it will be increased by the sleep modifier
The first hit is fucking tiny. You want the big hit.
>I've woken up with WB a lot when there were no big hitters around and total damage is in the hundreds with the first one doing close to 200
It's a waste of the sleep bonus if you don't use the biggest single hit you can muster on command.

Oink

>wake up
>No saed nerf patch yet
Alright gonna go back to sleep.

Indonesia

Nah, my brother is probably watching YouTube videos. It's not usually this slow. Usually it takes about 25 minutes for a 400-500MB download instead of 115.

>Getting sleep modifier on the biggest hit but completely missing the other hits is better than getting Sleep modifier on first hit and hitting all of them

It uses less resources from your console or something along the lines like that
Give it a try putting it on rest mode for a few mins to see the difference

>>Getting sleep modifier on the biggest hit but completely missing the other hits is better than getting Sleep modifier on f
Yeah, because WyvernFire only hits like twice and the first hit is baby town compared to the second.

>inb4 it turns out that you were confusing Wyvernfire with some other kind of GL shelling.

hey, don't say shit like this. We have pretty fast internets here. Like 100/100mb for just less than $10/month. He lives in south europe or something.

i'm missing what i assume is a special arena rank 6 quest, i'm reading it's random upon capture to get it?
do i have to just capture any r6 random monster or actually the one i'm missing?

That is old MH values, in MHW the 3 hits of WF are all the same damage. You can see it doing WF normally.

Yeah okay user no one believes you.

This this this

YOU STUPID ASS NIGGA!!!!!!!!

>talking to co-workers during break about mhw
>Boss comes in and see we're talking about MH and joins in
>Conversation going fine until boss asks what weapon I main, I responded with Bow
>He ends the conversation immediately and tells me to go back to work despite me having 10 minutes left on my break
Wtf happened

No it's not.

Wyvernfire hits 3 times you brainlet and getting a Sleep modifier on the one that hits for like 90 but missing the other 2 is fucking WORSE than just hitting all 3

>fibbing on the interwebs

Just look up a list of all the quests bro

Your boss is a patrician who recognize you being a complete plebian
Better double down on work now, boyo

lol the spergs in this general holy shit

>Wyvernfire hits 3 times you brainlet
No, it doesn't.

Go find footage that proves otherwise. It's MHW, shouldn't be hard.

>All those fucking CB users keep OHKOing me I thought Capcom cared about its fanbase how is anyone supposed to beat CB users

No, you're missing the research base side quests like every brainlet in /mhg/ that wonders why the fuck they don't have 6* completion

Yes it is.

>Oh, there's an update?
>Check for update and get prompted to update to 5.50
>OK
>1 second left
>Done
Rest mode is a godsent

>now that elder seal exists.

Yeah, but only 5 elder dragons are in the game. Elder Seal doesn't do jack shit to other non-Elder monsters.

Wherever did this meme idea come from that only a PvP game should be balanced? Fucking brainlets, i swear

youtu.be/gBUA5WtwKFQ?t=740

Switch to 1080 resolution, see 70x3 damage
GET FUCKED

Handler's

I can play perfectly with GS and one TSC will do 700 damage
CB can just unga bunga saed 1200+ damage with one button combination

he got disrupted by arc shot once too many times

Where's the T2 room at?

How the fuck am I supposed to beat Azure Rath in the Arena? I really want that Brigade set. I NEED MY FLASHPODS FFS.

I think you are the one that needs to go find footage, Ooga Booga

Chameleos WHEN? I miss that goofy fuck and his really good theme.

its a 2 man quest

By having somebody do it with you.

>I can't enjoy a PvE game without balance until they nerf a single move on a single weapon Capcom hope can you go this to me why are you so shitty fuck this game it's bad 9/10 it's okay IGN

>Ooga Booga
Chew glass memester.

Now I'm thinking the difference might be with weapons. HBG Wyvernfire is two hits.

I'm convinced that arena is multiplayer only because of bs like this

i've done all of those

Have you ever considered that CB is fine and GS is just too weak?

Do it in multiplayer like you're supposed to?
Are you stupid or what?

>please don't nerf my braindead easy weapon capcom, i'm too scared of difficulty

How many more hours till A Simple Task?

>Walk in break room for lunch
>See a colleague from HR playing MHW
>He plays CB
>"Hey man, enjoying the game?"
>"Yeah, I love that weapon. It's the most complex one to use, it really keeps me entertained"
>mfw
>Watch him play while I eat
>He carts to Anjanath
>mfw (part 2)

>saed 1200 damage

I hate this meme

Is Deviljho going to release tomorrow?

Literally git literally gud
youtu.be/epQ1zCe4ClM

Nice projection.

>Everyone talking about Gunlance wyvernfire
>Tell people "you're probably thinking of a different attack lmao"!
>It's you who is the retard that was looking at HBG wyvern ammo the entire time

Ouch!

Don't get your hopes up

If you can't get a second person, pick one of the weapons that has a sliding attack and lock the gate so you're on the side with the slope and try to slide attack it.

No
mobile.twitter.com/MH_official_JP/status/971611358121754624

Not a meme when it's true.
My explosions do 132 damage alone, and I have 6 phials, so that's 132x6. The 3 melee swings do 200, 450 and 300.

Not my fault the devs used the same name for two different things.