/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #763

''Lunch time at Two Whales'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Farewell Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OBYMX2ZSdos

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − 06 March 2018 (Out Now)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0
youtube.com/watch?v=2aSC1kY30uI

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/15180144
strawpoll.me/15180164
strawpoll.me/15208350
strawpoll.me/15223253

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>"Shhhh Lisa, don't make a peep or else they might hear us!"
*nibble nibble*

>/lisg/ is still 90% fighting over ships

Just like the good old days

Can I finally get away with posting Marshfield? Is everyone too distracted fighting over Rachel and Max? I've waited so long

Max is #1

best girl!

I love me some Marshfield.

Always kiss the Price.

I like the dynamic of clueless Max x closeted Kate

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Double date nights are rocking

Give me your theories about powers/tornadoes/Rachel dying/etc. because the game sure doesn't explain it

I have theories but they might be dumb because I haven't been following any new clues or whatever

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

First Hannah/Ashly stream in 3 years and I won't be able to watch it.
Hope they upload it on youtube or something.

>shipping wars
>''good'' old days

Wut?
There was barely, if any shipping wars in here until BtS came out.

>"Victoria Price... Damn your parents are not going to like this..."

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Nice nostalgia goggles but I remember looooooooooots of arguing in season 1 release times. I was here bro

>Vickyposters shitting on Kate every day
>Chloeposters shitting on Vicky every day
>Kateposters fans crying
>rare Marshprice or Chaseprice posters every once in a while

Both endings were disappointing but I still love S1E1-4 and BtS1-2 with all my heart

Undisputed Queen of /LISG/ coming through.

MARRIED

Soulmates
One to dampen the fire
The other to inspire strength
Perfect Ying and Yang

I just remember the ''Trick le Vicky'' posters shitting on Kate ''autists'' but even so all of that still pales in comparision with the toxicity and aggressiveness of your average amberpricer.

Nah you're wrong. There was always aggressiveness, there always will be with shipping.

Antibiotic analogy incoming.

If you overkill the bacteria,you might kill 99 percent, but the 1 percent that remains is worse and more poisonous then the ones you killed.

Solution: Stop giving them a response.

>tfw you like Amberprice and are automatically assumed to be aggressive

Pls no

>"Ohhh Count Maxula, make me yours forever!"

The whole time I've been thinking of how happy Max and Chloe were to see each other again.
But I remember how happy Joyce to see them together again. Seeing Chloe happy, Max clearly having grown up throughout that week, and eventually seeing that it's the motivation Chloe needed to make changes of her own.

FOREVER!

I have to assume that Max sent some messages before to hint to something awesome about to happen. There's more then the "We need to talk" part so Chloe is not worried even in the slightest.

I like the idea that Rachel's spirit is split in two. Half is trying to destroy Arcadia Bay with a storm (perhaps influenced by angry native gods) and half of her is trying to save Chloe by helping Max.
Storm is always coming, and Rachel is always dead. But Max does not have her power in a timeline when Rachel and Chloe never met, that shows a link between the three girls and the power.
Throughout all of this, certain people clearly know something is up like Sean Prescott, possibly Nathan (going by his cut lines), and Samuel.

you're not alone. 2 poster being cunts and the rest of the place assumes everyone is those two.

Chloe is allowed to be in love more than once.

MY Chloe got a real kiss.

006 is a shitdisturbing shitposter. I wouldn't be surprised if he was falseflagging.

Well unfortunately months of vicious shitposting have given everyone the worst idea.
No changing it now especially when a few continue to speak loudly enough that they're the only representation for that group here. Best bet is if you want to like Amberprice then go somewhere else because it's the best for everyone. That's just the way things are unless the two assholes get banned.

It might be only two here (which I doubt), but there's more of them in other places.
And, unfortunately, I do believe the shitters make up the majority of the pairing's fanbase.

the only polyshipping that doesnt completely suck

Nah, there was always a bunch of shipping banter, but there were no real outright "wars" in the same way we've been seeing lately.

As always, I wish people would just ignore them. It takes both sides to shit up the threads.

A split makes sense, there's some discrepancy with whether Rachel is involved in giving powers or just the tornado end.

It would make more sense if the storm happens whether you use powers or not but that wouldn't make for a good choice ending I suppose.

You keep posting that picture but it still isn't a scientific measurement. You're still only talking about a minority.

Whatever you say I remember plenty of "wars" that would take up most of the threads.

Just funny how those other ships seem to able to exist peacefully now since there's a new war that takes up all the attention.

Why is Chloe's journal so lewd

>Max lewd drawing
>talks about rubbing one out

Devs have said they purposely left some things unexplained and have even said the game is about the characters relationships and dynamics, and the sci-fi elements is just to make things interesting

>As always, I wish people would just ignore them. It takes both sides to shit up the threads.

This. It's a waste of effort.

Like I said, there was always banter, but not these months-long open hostility and total thread shittery. The /lisg/ culture of cuteposting, even during the periods of bantz, has been over for a long time.

Oh sure, and the relationship stuff is great. But I would still like a LITTLE more sense in the sci-fi aspect. Or make it dead simple so there's less to be confused about.

Protecc Rachel

Friendly reminder that ALL Amberprice cunts are not allowed in this general
Good day

A minority which bills itself as the "true" voice of that side and that even smaller of a minority have tried to speak against. It doesn't matter if it's a small group of people, they've become the loudest voice. If you're on the same "side" then address the internal problem by getting other fans of Amberprice to tell Legion to eat a fat dick.
I will never say that all people who like Amberprice are Legion or hate Max, but a majority of the time Amberprice is posted here it just so happen to clearly be that. Unless the few troublemakers are clearly removed then you're only going to get lumped in with them either by mistaken identity or by them trying to claim you support them.

They confirmed the doe is Rachel But that's it. Raoul teased he "knows" the reasons for everything but ultimately I think they really never connected and made sense if everything and decided to keep it a mystery so things don't get convoluted. I'm fine with that. After all life sure is.... weird

Good thing I'm not an Amberprice cunt, I'm an Amberprice nice person, so I can stay

>judging me by the actions of others in my group
This is shipping racism

__why?__

I kinda like that the origin of Max's powers was never explained.
Not only because I think it doesn't really matter, but because if, somehow, it were to happen in real life, you would probably die without knowing the reason.
There would be no magical storytelling exposition, you know?
I hope I made sense.

see what I mean?
Escalation leads to resistance and the cycle fucking continues.
It's been easier and easier to avoid this place.

If you can explain why it's a good ship in 50 words but you have to include Frank and Jefferson cheating in there as well, then you can stay

I mean, I guess it makes sense if you ignore a lot of the loose threads. Something, possibly Rachel, gives Max power to save her waifu, power has consequences, player gets to decide whether it's worth it to sacrifice a town to save one person. Rachel also helps solve Max solve her murder.

But all those loose threads just make it more confusing than that.

This questionable blonde girl asks you to fetch her a quarter. What do?

Look goddammit the reason is in the title
LIFE IS HELLA STRANGE

Or... you can do what every reasonable person does and hide/ignore those posts.
There's some good content in this general if you filter out all the shit.

I mean, it seems like a pretty standard whirlwind romance (pun intended). They are perfect for each other at the time in their lives that they meet but things don't stay perfect forever leading to the instability we don't get to witness in between BtS and season 1.

First love is passionate, full of mistakes and fleeting. I never said it would last.
Chloe and Max belong together, but to deny Chloe basic desire to fall in love just because it gets fucked up is shitty too.

Because its what Chloe wanted.

You don't need 50 words. It's simple.

How about the fact they are never confirmed actually dating and Rachel cools off on the whole romancebafter ep2? And is shown in ep3 to already be eyeing up Frank

It all comes down to consistency and lack thereof.
Max's first hint something is up is the tornado vision, then her first rewind is entirely uncontrolled and cannot be entirely undone even by going back through the butterfly photo.
Logically, Max's power cannot be behind the storm. But the game tries to show that it is. So if you want to make things totally consistent then you need to make a headcanon that Rachel is tied to both the storm and the power.

Perhaps the seeming lack of damage from the storm is Rachel's spirit realizing at the last moment that destruction won't solve anything and would hurt people Chloe and Max care about and so she's able to reduce it somehow.
To explain the Bay Ending then it'd be something like Chloe's death shocks Rachel and makes her stop the storm, or Chloe's spirit (If Rachel's spirit isn't an anomaly) is able to help in stopping the storm. Still, Chloe's survival is what all three of the girls want.
We'd never for sure what the relationship between all of this was unless DONTNOD made a sequel that explained it or showed all the variations.

That would have been nice. I don't think people would have minded as much if the power/storm didn't suddenly become the most central aspect of the finale. Because then it stops being a background mechanic and becomes the one things we're supposed to suddenly take at face value.

But the true intellectual asks WHY is life strange?

Hello self-insert Chloe.

Who do you think makes a shit ton of that cuteposting? Not trying to blow my own horn here, but I have pushed and pushed cuteposting when these shiop wars break out. At this point what's the point.

Kate wanted to die. So luckily most people don't think like you

Stop, dude.

No thanks.

I wish we saw what necklace Max was wearing

Rachel's in the fucking hospital through episode 3 and there are three odd years that are unaccounted for. Why are you being such a fucking cunt about this?

I'm not denying you your ship, but you sure as fuck are quick to deny me mine.

>cools off after ep2
>sleeps with Chloe in her arms
>literally calls Chloe hot and cute

>never confirmed

I mean, isn't that why it's called shipping? Were Max and Chloe confirmed dating?

I think it's misleading to say Max's power can't be behind the storm because of the vision, we don't know how it works. The vision could be the first step, showing what's going to happen with the power she will soon get (already has?).

It sounds cheesy but I like the idea that Rachel doesn't send the storm if Chloe dies because they're in heaven or the spirit world or whatever now. But she also wants Chloe to keep living so is involved in giving Max the power to save her, and gets revenge on the town in that case since she's alone.

It's not simple. Nothing's simple. You're just saying "This thing is true!" and assuming that's good enough - that you don't need to actually prove it.

I see.
But /lisg/ is still the place to discuss LiS that resonates with me the most.
Reddit is full of "muh tragedy" lickspittles and tumblr is tumblr.
And so I endure.

Michel confirmed they hook up in Bae ending

>all the Rachel posts at the end of the last thread
Ugh.

Same, I'll probably never leave but it's getting harder to find a way to see any end of this. Amberbaiters will keep shitting, and Pricefielders will keep fucking taking the bait and the cycle will continue.

WHAT IF the game was not going to originally be called Life is Strange?
>Makes you think

I'm going to say it's a little skull and crossbones medallion. One she put in a drawer in Seattle, forgot about, and would rediscover (along with other cool stuff) when she and Chloe went through her bedroom.

THIS is an Amber ship I can support t b h
That pic where Rachel is driving the RV (with Chloe mysteriously absent hmmmmmmmmm) makes me think they were super happy being together

Based Billy. Greater beauty was a hot blonde, fuck yeah!

>OH NO NOT PICTURES OF RACHEL WHAT A BITCH HOW DARE SHE BE ACKNOWLEDGED

You're part of the problem.

Shut up man, never use dev's word to validate a pairing no matter what it is.

The point is, saying something "isn't confirmed" when it's about shipping (which is fans deciding characters belong together in their head) doesn't make much sense to me.

>I like the idea that Rachel doesn't send the storm if Chloe dies because they're in heaven or the spirit world or whatever now.
End yourself. Pic related.

Yeah and then they realized they really didn't want to explain everything So they called it Life is Strange and that fixed everything

Ignore harmless Rachel posts you don't like or interact with them if you can be civil.
Report the obvious shitposters trying to start stuff.
Leave tumblr drama entirely on tumblr and do not bring it here.

There. That was easy.