/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

How fares your empire, t. /gsg/?

This day in history, 5th of March:
363 – Roman Emperor Julian moves from Antioch with an army of 90,000 to attack the Sasanian Empire, in a campaign which would bring about his own death.
1933 – Adolf Hitler's Nazi Party receives 43.9% at the Reichstag elections, which allows the Nazis to later pass the Enabling Act and establish a dictatorship.
1953 – Joseph Stalin, the longest serving leader of the Soviet Union, dies at his Volynskoe dacha in Moscow after being hit by a cerebral hemorrhage.
1974 – Yom Kippur War: Israeli forces withdraw from the west bank of the Suez Canal.

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocorps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-German_Brigade
youtube.com/watch?v=Gt38uzhDv0U
youtube.com/watch
youtube.com/watch?v=KD1h7Yiq6ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=d84ULuWJ7lE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kys robbie, even for a subhuman shitskin you have an incredibly low iq

lol blowned the fuark out

Hi.

Great thread guys!

Thanks! I made it with love :)

I love you no homo.

Love the OP post :D have a thumb up.

How do you stop the Nazis from cutting your territory in half when you try to restore the Kaiser?

one by one....

>he doesn't abuse the training troop deployment bug
actually trash

WHO is niggermod?

Don't know about bugs.

I am.

alright so when training troops, simply don't choose a place for them to deploy once their done training. They will stay fully trained and simply not deploy. Due to this, you can delete your armies (assuming there is no oob troop placement that auto places troops) because civil wars auto-split armies based on coup power. So, half of zero DEPLOYED troops is zero. Civil war starts, then choose a cored state to deploy troops in, and whammo you've won. They might've fixed it, I dunno, DLing the update now. It's how I won the Spanish Civil War like everytime.

Impressive, thanks.

I figured out what I was doing wrong and it's the new field marshal system.
Apparently you can't tell a component army of the army group to do a specific encirclement maneuver without the army group AI adjusting for the fact that it's no longer available for it to fill up the front line with.
So it would seem to me that you have to split off armies from army groups in order to tell them what to do independent of the army group AI, whose main intended function either seems to or should be to keep the front lines coherent without breaking up armies. Fairly bizzare, I've had to restart three times now due to the Nazis running unopposed through Frankfurt, since there's no "anvil" there thanks to the AI.

>DLC breaks the game and multiple focuses
>Decisions are buggy with different decisions overtaking other nations choices
>Frontlines no longer work properly
>Army groups(new feature) as part of CoC now clump together leaving huge gaps in the line
>Garrison feature is no longer working with no troops moving to their locations that have been selected
>Pro commie propaganda with female crossdressing bisexual general that commanded 7000 literal cavalrymen historically has better stats than fucking Fieldmarshal Erich von Manstein
>Performance is worse now with even the 1936-1939 buildup slugging down despite an entire dev diary promoting increased performance and AI aswell as reducing division spam of tiny nations i.e Guatemale and its infamous 50-90 divisions.
>All major mods outdated with only Millenium Dawn updating today to 1.5 after early access.
>Something is causing some players to experience overheated computers.
>People reverting back to 1.4.2 while waiting for 1.5.1

1.5.1 isn't a meme anymore. Even Podcat on stream said perhaps players should wait till 1.5.1 which should be out "soonish" which means even they know there are problems but had to keep to a deadline and released it

EIGHT MONTHS
IT'S TAKEN EIGHT MONTHS.
Fucking mod teams do a better job and that's part time.

cool blog friend ^^ *Subscribe*

>he doesn't mod the game to suit his tastes
absolutely pleb tier

>load up an old save
>patches of land made to no character (mecca for example)
>no characters in tibet
what happens to this land now? never had land be no character, can it be occupied or colonised?

The garrison command does sort of work, it's just been changed so that if there is no important features to garrison (air strips, cities, etc) then they won't just occupy random provinces as they did before
Other than that I completely agree
Although the new commander skill thing is cool, r-right

Nope, they've made that impossible, if it worked before.

I deleted every division and every air wing, but lo and behold 24 "landsturmet" (3 infantry battalions) divisions spawned within my territory.
The navy split equally down the middle too, and surprise surprise, the divisions I was training were also halved (6 out of 11).
I would imagine something similar happened to my air reserves.

ah so they did fix it
hold on I can check if there is still a way to abuse paracucks game

This fucking AI system...

Same shit as with Stellaris, they promote those huge changes with 2.0 but then proceed to fuck everything up. Thanks, Paradox.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocorps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-German_Brigade
ughhhh........

Fuck the order system for HOI4, and the planning bonus is horseshit. They make micromanagement less useful by giving planning a bonus, while planning is an unorganized clusterfuck over which the player has minimal control. I still control every unit individually like HOI3, what the fuck was wrong with that in the first place.

>1200s and Visigoths still haven't converted to an arabic or latin culture

"Historical" "Immersion" "Project"

youtube.com/watch?v=Gt38uzhDv0U
fuck türks lmao

LOL

its like they never tried playing with their front line system before implementing a CoC system which now requires you to use multiple front lines/front, it is fucking retarded - having multiple lines on a front leads to horrible overlap and even more retarded ai decisions than usual and just causes massive clusterfucks, and now you have to do it if you want to not babysit all of your units

Link for waking the tiger?

Either it's kill or it will probably auto generate rulers for it all

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>British naval guns on Malta could launch projectiles into space
>brodie helmets were superior
>English accents are superior
>English is the best language
>Normans weren't French
>imperial system is better
>dunkirk was a british victory
>british officers don't duck
>the bren gun was like a full auto sniper rifle
>boer concentration camps were refugee camps

Paradox have made an event chain to get Kaiserin Victoria as the leader and ruler of Germany

what's this

/sg/ is the only good part of /pol/ honestly

Does anyone know what the trigger is for French surrender is in DH? I've held Paris and most of northern France for weeks and am now pushing south.
Really want to switch focus to the Russians now, I'm borderline terrified of them attacking at this point.

youtube.com/watch v=U06jlgpMtQs
it's like I can hear this getting louder in the distance.

Idiot, he doesn't claim any of that stuff

I'd like to get the AI to take over the micromanage shit even at the cost of mild to moderate overlap, but my problem at the minute is that they leave huge gaps!
In the old system (which was a long time ago), I'd make one huge field marshal army consisting entirely of "anvil" divisions, typically basic infantry, and a handful of 24-sized maneuver armies. But I've failed about 6 times now to get the field marshal system to make the new German civil war possible.

Level 4 Tea-a-boo

That's where you're wrong kiddo

Literally why?

Agree x 1

non tea-a-boos out

Burden of proof lies on you bucko, so prove what you say or fuck off

>mfw hoi4 niBBas can't play kaiserreich now while us based DH bros can

youtube.com/lindybeige

International womans day

Except in 1.4.2 that never happened. Troops would always guard whatever you specified. If everything was selected they would fill everything if there's enough divisions in the army assigned to it and if you remove a goal say the coastline any free divisions would reinforce the other spots.

Now it doesn't appear to be working at all.

Ah yes the proof that Lindy is a man child with lego for a channel intro video
No proof to your claims though

Because she is fucking cute

Alright
*shows you the proof*
Happy?

Do what Darj says

Playing the Petty King of Svipjod and have taken all of northern Sweden. Still own Aland, Gotland and Bornholm. Austergotland owns the south and has half the counties I have. Skane is independent and I got an marriage off of them. Norway is full of counties except for Helogaland and an expanding Sjaelland at the shore. Saxony is as of yet untouched and expanding into the pommeranian coast. Finnish Scandinavia is doing nothing but keeping the Ilmen out.

What am I supposed to do now? I´m taking a break from warring for now to develop my realm a bit, but I don´t want to fall behind everyone else, which I think is likely to happen.

You're a special kind of person. I'm saying the DLC and patch has broken the game from what it was yesterday.
Mods can't do shit about base game features and now stuff that was working fine yesterday, isn't anymore.

>had 3 sons who lived through WW2 (and one who died in 42)
>let's make the Kaiser a proto-feminist who ignores all succession laws

Ah yes the well-documented historical incident of a woman larping as the grim reaper, entering a noble's house and forcing him to play chess to death.

We're agreeing

*cums instantly*

I'll show you something
*unzips penis*

LE KAISERREICH CROWD!

HEHEHEHE EPIC MOD xD
SO PROGRESSIVE.
FUCK NATPOP
FUCK NATIONALISM
FUCK AUTHORITARIANISM AND PATRIARCHAL SOCIETY.

Literally the reason why. Terrible.

Yeah it's terrible, but You can't deny that She is fucking cute.

You have to take a decision to reform the succession laws to get it to work
youtube.com/watch?v=KD1h7Yiq6ZM
Just watch this video

Her portrait looks terrible though

I invited her to stay with me thinking she was a nun, then when she approached me in my chambers with a dagger I tried to stall with chess. I shouldn't have cheated I had no heir.

Don't play HoI4 and don't plan to, but in real life SHE IS CUTE

us britpostere ehh

I'd have hammered her if I was around at that time and somehow had the chance as a commoner, no doubt. Not denying that but its stupid to include it in the main game. At least they've made it for non historical mode only and requires a lot of shit to be done before it triggers the event.

Everyone was actually betting on it being Queen Elizabeth for Britain as she was of age for such a thing in the 1940's.

That would be cool
Queen Elizabeth was (and is) really cute

LMAO
"She" looks like Daniel(Da9l).
What an awful portrait.

One thing I admit is that the Kaiserreich Art team is top notch. They have twice as many people for their art team alone as the entire HoI IV team. Their portrait for her is miles better.

A Corruption of Champions system?

youtube.com/watch?v=d84ULuWJ7lE
*croinges*

US
BRITPOSTERE
EH

This is your average brainlet
This is someone that didn't bother to follow the literal half a years worth of dev diaries.

He doesn't realise there is now a CoC feature.
>Stalin profile pic
Explains everything.

/gsg/ darkest hour kaiserreich multiplayer game when

>human wave was just nazi propaganda!
hmmmm...............................

>HoI4lets think they're allowed back in gsg because their shitgame got an update
just lol

why are you posting the PLA

>the Ottoman Empire is one of my favorite nations to play in EU4

Have you met Mr Fred Oathill?
He's a nice guy. Said he was a refugee from the war and he's going to make South America great again. Any resemblance to another man is completely coincidental.

;)

I watched three minutes
I want to die

is there any army composition in victoria 2 where tanks are actually worth it?
4inf/4art/1eng/1cav still seems like the best option even into the 1920s

What's a good nation to start out in Darkest Hour?

in vanilla?
soviets if you want to be able to fuck up and still win
italy if you want to learn all three areas of combat without facing an enormous enemy
argentina/brazil if you want to play somewhat disconnected from the main war but are still able to conquer and expand easily

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

THEY'VE FUCKING DONE IT! MAD LADS.
That's what they were referring to in the patch notes about declassified CIA files.
Though to be fair they copied it from the excellent Cold War mod

How to do?

what was meant

>that old testament/hebrew quote
Jewish women have always loved nigger dick.

Tanks are very important for attacking. But literally nobody who isn't a dummy likes attacking in vicky, especially during late game. That's why you didn't notice.

It's a really cool easter egg after all the recent evidence.
Really mate? Can't you tell? I even did an anagram for the name and essentially told you with the description of my post.
Here's another image.

Disregard #39 retard
Try Germany. If you find it overwhelming, try Canada or Australia.

>Emperor of all of India in ck2

>My wife goes on a spying mission in our capital
>Some fucking mayor kills my wife, the Empress of India

>I would get buttfucked by vassals (-40 opinion) if I were to imprison the mayor

hoi4 best game ever

Yeah it's amazing how they still haven't fixed this after over 6 years. After countless of fruitless attempts to report this on the forums I just gave up.

I am still mad that there is no ship combat. Its still my favorite gsg game next to victoria2 but man paradox step up your game.

but that's not what i was asking