/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhp0wVxzpk
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Marecarmdyne

First for Demi-Fiend is a gay fuckboi.

Hama

That's obvious. He's apower bottom.

Law is the true path.

HOLY SHIT TUNE IN THE DIRECT RAIDOU 3 CONFIRMED

Hoy

this
who needs free will and thought when you've got the coolest dude who ever existed on your side?

SMT V HERE WE GO

rip 3ds

I don't know why they even bothered to give it 5 minutes. The thing is fucking dead, move on.

Mudodyne?

Dynedyne?

Isn't SMT V extremely early in development, I doubt they even have anything to show.

Good OST, but the demon loyalty mechanics are some of the most arcane bullshit the series has to offer.

Masamarecarmdradyne

So what's this Project ReFantasy thing in the op? Is it SMT-related, or is it just there because it's an Atlus RPG and no one's sure what it is yet, beyond LARPing?

Oh shit, SMT is on stream

Hoy, is /pg/ beyond salvation?

come on out

This general is the one beyond salvation. Hoyshit killed it, discord was the last nail in the coffin.

b-but muh Strange Journey

Who gives a shit, same game from a decade ago but with worse art and came out in Japan months ago.

Hoy, i discussed with another Hoy in a /v/ thread. He said pic.

Hoy?
More like Goy lmao

What now fag?

Hoy, that's disappointing. Though if Hoyoko Taro is involved, the story will be worth paying attention to

Deliver.

A fantasy rpg by the persona team (technically a new studio that split off from p studio, so it's separate from persona now), that isn't necessarily megaten, it's basically just as megaten as Catherine.

Hoy, lets wait and see. FAtlus is one of the few decent studios out there, their latest titles were mostly good if you rule out PQ/Dancing meme night and some Etrian Odysseys.
Cheers.

>tfw only getting a switch for SMTV
I can't wait for all these games I won't care about by the time I buy one.

No More Heroes actually looked cool but I've never played the first two so whatever.

Embarrassing.

I'm not that guy, SJ is cool

Octopath looks neat, I'm definitely picking it up.

>Hoyshit killed it,
Never had the chance to use this one before.

It looked interesting but kimd of dull. I know I sound like a fag but it's hard for me to justify putting 50+ hours into a above average jrpg nowadays. I would rather just play something short and fun or replay a long game I already know I'll fully enjoy.

Soy is the hoy of the Law.

I played the demo and I agree. It was okay but that's about it.

What's the neutral hoy?

Doi

Nanashoy

no, Hoy is Soy

I just really like the idea of using multiple characters each with their own unique actions. It really give replayability a big boost. Plus they introduced a job system and stuff, seems very FF5-esque.

No, that's Holy.

Do you guys think we'll be flooded by newfags once SMTV releases?

Nah, everyone will be too busy masturbating to Super Trash Bros instead.

I wish I could give s hit about the direct, but I don't have a Switch.

:3

they might
they're sick of seeing ports

Even more? We probably won't be able to tell the difference.

If there are so many newfags, how come /smtg/ is more dead than law disco?

But how will you play SMTV?

better stay comfy

>want to buy SMT IV
>nothing
>not even online
What the fuck

Because I plan on getting one someday.
Someday.
Plus if they do release S&MT V The Phantom Pain I wanna give it a while before I purchase so I can get a good idea of what I'm getting into.

>no Raidou Ga Gotoku: Ishin

didnt watch the direct. any news?

no

About SMT? No. About anything interesting? No.

No. People are still too busy jerking their gherkins to Trash Bros.
It fukken sucks.

Yes. This always happens.

>implying being "dead" is't better then being shit

This shit is comfy

Who are the best reps for each alignment from across all the Megaten games?

Law - Zayin
Neutral - Gore
Chaos - Demi-fiend or Hoyboy

Law - Zayin
Neutral - Gore
Chaos - Dahn

Demi-fiend is a protagnist though.

I think Dahn might be, but I have a soft spot for edgelords and I love the school shooter vibe of SMT1. Law is Zayin but second up I think should be amayne maybe. Neutral is gore

>Want to replay SMT 3/4 again
>Don't want to deal with random skill inheritance
>Fucking Persona 5 has ruined me

What do I do

He's the Chaos rep in the 4A DLC Messiahs in the Diamond Realm.

4 lets you pick which skills you want to inherit, you know.

Don't you pick the skills to inherent in SMT4?

he had like 4 lines of text dude. to say he is best chaos rep because of the dlc is a bit silly.

So, for SMT4/Apocalypse, is magic/physical roughly equivalent, or is it like Nocturne where Magic is generally very useful, but Physical skyrockets in usefulness in the endgame?

It's the same pretty much. Most bosses are gonna have an elemental weakness to exploit but a STR/DEX+LCK build later in the game lets you do a shit ton of damage.

Is there any way to reallocate points, or are you committing?

stop closing your eyes when you assign what skills to inherit in 4 you dimwit

You're committing.

Wow, you have a lot of levels there. Mind if I drain one?

>dem tiddies
wew lady

Do you guys think that the switch emulator will be workingby the time V comes out ?

Nah, but a thought did cross my mind.
>new smash
>nintendo and atlus partner up, add flower boy to smash for cross promotion
>flood of newfags only here because of smash

I feel like Jack Frost would be more likely to join as he is Atlus' mascot.

Jack Frost seems like he would be ideal but I feel like a moveset might be challenging to make. I just hope that if by some weird occurence a SMT rep did get in it isn't a persona protagonist and that they use demons in their moveset.

Alright, I'll stop the autism now. Realistically it'll never happen.

What if they did an Ice Climbers thing where Jack Frost and Pyro Jack were together, like how it was in Synchronicity?

So guy who said he'd post "Strange Journey is the best SMT" here. I don't actually have a sharpie so I can't do it. Sorry.

never thought about that.
hope they're just a trophy

Failure of a human.

A pen would do fine.

pussy

Use a knife

Pathetic.

Maybe next time don't make claims you can't back up, you failure as a human.

Hoy, now's not the time for sleep.

Based Raidou 2 looks beautiful even today.

Is Polaris one of the hardest final bosses in Megaten history? Three forms, infinite range, summons demons like crazy...by the end I was so depleted of just about everything, I barely scraped by.

Also, Daichi inperfect route is pretty creepy.

I beat Polaris the other day, and she wasn't as bad as she seemed. Demons with the flight skill are a must, and it's a good idea to get yourself and others hooked up with repel phys skills/demons. I was also surprised that I only had to kill Polaris A to end the fight.

I probably could have prepared a lot better, yeah. I was careless and put most of my Recarm demons on Io, didn't even notice until the final third.

Also as a side note, strength/vitality builds really don't work in DeSu. You hit hard but you're slow as molasses - by the time you DO act you'll be really roughed up.

In SMT 4, what happens in the "Neutral" ending? Is there any meaningful difference in gameplay/extended endgame etc, or is it just "what happens" after the events of the story?