/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #764

''Don't get rid of the swingset'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Farewell Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OBYMX2ZSdos

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − 06 March 2018 (Out Now)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0
youtube.com/watch?v=2aSC1kY30uI

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/15180144
strawpoll.me/15180164
strawpoll.me/15208350
strawpoll.me/15223253

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy Women's Day to our favourite girls

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

ewww Alice doesn't want to kiss you!

KISS THE PRICE

best girl!

>the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe
Hot damn! How did I not get this when I played the episode.

Max is #1

stream said they were dressed up as a cookie or ice cream sandwich, I thought they were dressed up as ladybugs

Always kiss the Price.

Hannah Burch
or
Ashly Telle
?

But Rachel wants to eat you!

Guys, if you are watching stream; during the tape scene call Ashly out for retcon.
Please do it for us

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

A L W A Y S

Always kiss the Price!

But she didn't write any of it...?

Unbearably cute.

Working to summarize some of the main points from the stream. Not sure how much longer I can though.
[So many cute moments both in game and in the discussion. This episode taught us a lot about Max and Chloe (which still felt believable to the original) and that's worth the price of admission. Even with the inconsistent and tragic ending the episode had.]

Yeah, that.

FOREVER!

>Wrong.

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

>Max is sad. Say something nice to her.

Alice loves her blueberry aunt.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Why not Telle-Burch?

Cool! I had totally forgotten.

This is quickly becoming one of my fav images.

You don't have to be sad because you're not real

Sure she didn't

Chloe loves you so much, Max. Don't be sad. She's never leaving you.

She's cute and she's my all-time favorite videogame protagonist and I'll always love her.

That's very likely just a legal thing. She got a writing credit on BtS, so Deck Nine was legally obligated to credit her on this too. She probably isn't aware of any of the backlash against Farewell and wouldn't have any motivation to lie about it.

This

Chloe loves you Max don't need to be sad.

>Ash played Marissa's mother on the answering machine
Wow! Did not recognise her voice.

I didn't either

it sounded like a whole other person I'm impressed

Max, you're not perfect. You don't have to be and you don't have to compete with anyone unless it's for a photo contest.
You're awesome and Chloe loves you so much, your friends are lucky to have you. Watching you grow was inspirational and brought out the best in numerous people.

i will make her pregnant and she will be a happy mom!

Yes!

No!

Same. Ashly is a badass.

>Geez! This jawbreaker is going to last forever!

People are asking questions on twitch but I think they're only reading on Xbox site

>they chose "Don't tell her"
Fucking dropped.

She could be credited for literally anything else. Consultant, Advisor etc.
A writer is a big role, and not a consolation prizes given away to everyone.

Careful Chloe. Alice and Lisa are very impressionable young girls.

Aww man. Hannah and Ash;y couldn't remember or didn't know the "Tell her" ending.
The two hosts chose not to tell Chloe. I could never picture Max hiding that.

these fucking people

What an unbelievably great post.

They're probably *legally obligated* to credit her as a Writer.

The guy said "we have a question from twitch" at one point.

Guys, go back to your fanfics, okay?

Hannah is almost crying, she cant keep it together

:c

"Probably". You can't say for sure. So until there's proof that they absolutely were legally obligated, everyone will continue shitting on trashly.

>everyone
You're the only dipshit here with the insane hate boner for her. Just fuck off already.

Everyone = you, lonely shitposter

As if it does matter. To retcon9, Chloe already knew Max was gonna leave.

Now I want to ask something to all of you; in an ending where you dont bring up thar you are gonna leave, despite Chloe knows you are gonna leave, why does she makes "let's go to the beach and watch it as my dad and my mom did. We can make our own little place" mode?

Her wanting to be denial this much made her angry later?

>Hannah's face when

-Hannah tearing up and you can hear it.
-Everyone complimenting her voice work as Max.
-Ashly watching the credits and asking "Why am I a writer? I didn't write this." (I know this won't appease those looking to make Ashly out to be a villain, but that's what her own words were and I have no reason to doubt them.)

awh hannah :(

Burch: I definitely did not write this. Why am I the only writer? That's so strange. Zak is the director. I don't want to take credit for this. They should change that

it doesn't change anything about retconned ending. it doesn't change the fact that Chloe already knew that she was gonna leave

in either way, it makes the whole situation,tape scene (considering previous games' infos) nonsense

>I know this won't appease those looking to make Ashly out to be a villain
It won't. They shit on her because they love to shit on her because of her political views or whatever their fucked up reasons are. It's pretty pathetic imo.

>but that's what her own words were and I have no reason to doubt them.
This. There's no reason for her to lie about it.

Ah fuck. I can't believe you've done this.

wtf is wrong with deck9 lately, not only they poorly optimised this game; retconned the ending and now this...

these guys are working so messily. it is like they dont know wtf are they doing

>Watching credits
>Their legal consultant's name is Brian "Hawt Dawg Man" Finkelstein

-Ashly said from Episodes 3-5, she teared up every time she was in the recording booth

Reminder that Kate is for Jesus and Max only

>Ah fuck. I can't believe you've done this
Ah sorry :(( She basically had that face throughout the entire montage...

-Question about what they each think about Rachel
-Mic becomes unintelligible
I have to laugh at that.

From what I can make out: Hannah says she's glad Rachel was a best friend for Chloe when Max could not be. Ashly says Rachel brought back Chloe's love of life, but that brought with it a dangerous quality.

fuck the quality is shit again

Yeah it was super sad but also really shows how much Hannah cares about these characters.

>Ashly says Rachel brought back Chloe's love of life but that beougjt with it a dangerous quality
Serious question, what did she mean by that?

Burch: How Chloe feels about Rachel, kind of encapsulates how love is at their age, this infatuation ykno, she's her whole world

Mic getting worse and worse. Both Hannah and Ashly said it's been a massive honor to work on the game and everyday they see messages and posts about how great they were and how the game has helped someone.
-Question about pets: Ashly says Chloe would have a god, Hannah says Max would have a fish tank.
They could have a cat (Bongo II), a dog, Lisa, and maybe a fish tank. And Mr. Sharkie and Horny. A very busy house.

I hope D9 never touches LiS again.

>Inb4 D9 makes a prequel to S2
You read it here first folks.

Pretty good stream even if the quality was a bit iffy at times.
Thanks to the anons who posted quotes from the stream in the thread for those of us who missed them or couldn't understand what was being said.

>Ashly says Chloe would have a god
Top tier typo.

who are those ugly girls in the bottom right

>-Question about pets: Ashly says Chloe would have a god
kek what? a god?
oh wait I think you mean a dog, okay :D

D9 makes a prequel to before the storm.

They're from xbox. The beginning of the stream had their names and job titles but I don't remember off the top of my head. They were the ones actually playing the game.

>ugly
Be nice!

>Before-Before the Storm.

Can you explain what Ashly meant?

The credit clearly show she's not the only writer though. You see the 4 main people involved with the story right off the bat

End of the stream. Hope the little notes helped give those an idea who couldn't watch an idea of what was going on. It was so nice seeing Hannah and Ashly together, I hope it's not the last time even if it's not directly LiS-related.

Farewell represents the moment we see Chloe Price become the character we know, love, and feel slight annoyance with at times. We see how quickly her life fell out from under her and how she was already becoming the punk rock chick.
But we also know how fucking strong she is. That even by the time BtS starts, she's already finding her own sources of joy even if they are short-lasting. She met Rachel at the perfect point in her life and even though that ultimately didn't end well, Rachel helped Chloe find herself again and gave her hope. That's something Chloe and Max will forever be thankful for.

I think she meant that Rachel gave Chloe something to focus on, but Chloe was so drawn in that she didn't realize just how crazy some of the things were getting. Even during those first days they knew each other a lot of crazy and dangerous shit happened. Remember that it's desperately searching for Rachel that eventually gets Chloe into a very bad spot and gets her killed...until Max is place in that moment to prevent it.

>ashly burch
>not qt
I don't care what you think of her opinions, she's fucking cute

Oh my dog! :D
Yeah, you two are right. Chloe is going to get a dog (This was even evidenced from the unused lines between Joyce and Frank in the diner in Ep 5)

She means Chloe disregards/does not see Rachel's flaws; she sees her just perfect fully and adores her, since Rachel became her whole world, she was her first love.

Thanks for transcribing the stream user

They said Max would get a fish

She's very pretty.

Thanks for "liveposting" parts of the stream, user!

c:

>Visit the Price-Caulfield home
>There's a dog running around with a beanie on its head
>There's a cat dressed like a pirate perched in the window
>There's a goat sleeping on the couch
>There's a fish tank with a colorful light display
>The girl with freckles is talking to a potted plant while watering it
>The girl with blue hair in the backyard with the kids blowing shit up and laughing maniacally
It's a maaaadhouse!

Rachel was dangerous.

Chloe was just unconscious about she was getting in, how she was putting herself into danger etc. Because LOVE made her blind.

That's what love does that to you. If other person you are in love with has flaws, you disregard them and accept them no matter what. Love makes you crazy, yes.

Otherwise, Chloe already knew how destructive Rachel can be. But she ignored it because of her love

What a circus.
I love it.

Chloe loved Rachel and so she didn't notice the flaws others may have. It was also because at some point, when Chloe did start getting ideas Rachel was up to things, Rachel dismissed her claims. Chloe couldn't fathom that Rachel would lie to her and so she accepted the answers.
Being the one very bright spot and first love meant that Chloe did place Rachel on a high pedestal. And unfortunately Rachel never did anything to tell her not to, and so the only way Chloe learns the truth is in a very painful way.

what is wrong with their eyes

If you could cum inside one LiS/BtS girl consensually, who would you choose /lisg/?

Is there a way to watch a vod of the stream?

Chloe, all day every day. I love her.

They're so in love that they're a little bit high.

Should be on xbox's twitch later I think.

Chloe obvs