/itb/ - Into The Breach general

doomed train edition

>intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

>store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

>subsetgames.com/itb.html
Mods:
The nexus is coming soon.
>Acid Judoka/Cut-Content: drive.google.com/open?id=1bu8j4wKKVKCwT_y5oow2JQFtFuwS5RvR
>Retaliation Ralph Pilot Skill
drive.google.com/file/d/1LTYWE1tuMvp1txQ0ybjp7cWCxBwON7NP/view?usp=sharing

>24 xp in one turn
this is the timeline we chose

Was this a random team?
Having flame mech there is weird.
The other two are great though

What's with this stupid piece of shit?

It was by design

So your saying Flame mech is worth having for his 2 power despite both of his abilities being pure trash?

This
Flame mech might be efficient, but he's shit given what he gives.
A push and fire?
Fuck that.
Rift Walker's brute is better than that.

Not him but the idea is to use the extra equipment and sell it for better weapons which are easier to power with the extra reactors.

+1 reactor is worth 3 reputation
the extra ability is worth 1 reputation

so Flame mech starts the game off with 4 extra reputation value
Rocket Mech is one of the best mechs in the game, +2 power +2 Weapons AND it has 1 more HP than all other Ranged Mechs, except for Meteor

You can sell things?

...yes

Yes. Heroes are worth 2 stars, generic pilots and weapons are worth one.

Also, if you have 1 star left over, you should buy a sale item to sell back for later, assuming your grid isnt low

Thank god the game says "YOU DON'T TAKE NO REPUTATION WITH YOU BITCH, SPEND IT"

Previous Timeline

FROM THE MAKER
OF INU YASHA

Needs more SWORD

Chainsaws can come too.

there are two swords I think and both of them are nonstandard equipment.

i can't recall any chainsaws.

the front mission pilebunker is my favorite mech weapon though.

Is there a mech squad that has the Prime Spear as a default?

nay

Fuck.
It seems so good
I'll have to take it next time

No there's one sword and and a spear.

You could just replace the side punch art with a sword that has the same effect.

who /shit/ here

I won my first 4 island victory today. It's taken 13 hours exactly to get here, so I feel pretty dumb.

I gave myself a crutch by playing on easy and now I can't beat normal...

So I think I've squeezed this game for all its worth. Maybe I should try FTL again. I tried it a bit when it came out but it was too stressful for me. Should I give it another chance?

I go through loops of that feeling
>Fuck this game. It sucks. I hate it.
>....
>I have to play some more

I found the Prime Spear for the first time on my last run. Too bad I was doing Blitzkrieg and already had a fully upgraded Lightning Mech zapping everything. Ended up not really being able to use it that much.

I think FTL had a lot more replayability. you can pause whenever, I can't imagine it being stressful.

what's the best mecha anime that isn't TTGL or EVA?

>he didnt use an extra reactor core worth of duct tape and slap a spear on the poon mech

code gayass imo

Symbionic Titan

But if you're only a weeaboo, BIG O

Play FTL on easy until you understand how the final boss fight works, then you can move up to normal.

i thought that was for weeaboo girls

it's good

Well, I did use them both for a bit, but the lightning ended up being more useful in most situations, and there kept being times where I wished I just had the +1 damage instead of power in the spear. And if I had enough power for both to be fully active, I was still using the lightning almost exclusively.

It changes across difficulties, so that's not the best idea. Lethalfrag and Billy1kirby on twitch are good FTL streamers

I just played that yesterday. Was going fine up to the final boss, then got completely obliterated. I still have no clue what I did wrong.

This is a trap, right?

Nah
If it's on sale and have mechs that don't need secondary slots, it's good.
All squads have shifting skills.

It does? Because normal's final boss seemed easier than easy's.

>push it into lava/rocks
How is the boss hard?
Shit almost all squads have 3 movement shit

>using weapons on the wrong class of mech
>using hydraulic legs on a jet mech
THIS IS THE PERFECT TIMELINE

We were talking about FTL's final boss bruv

Ive been unlocking achievements like a boss. It seems like I keep getting shafted with upgrades every playrhrough lately tho. Did judo and got 2 turns away frim wjnnjng against the last boss and made a huge goddamn mistake and fucking lost. I got the 5 dmg achievement so it wasnt a complete loss I guess.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam and The Big O

Would it be morally wrong to breach away into another timeline after the bomb goes off and the hive blows up then breaching back to that timeline you just saved to chill? I mean, if you're constantly trying to save different timelines you'd be in a fight you'll never win.

You can't go back to the same timeline unless you undo what you did.
The only way to escape and save is to go to a whole other.
The pilots can never go home because saving a timeline means to die with it

If there's infinite timelines, then nothing you do matters
If there's a finite number of timelines and you're a utilitarian, then it's morally wrong not to do the absolute most you can
if you subscribe to a theory of morality that has the concept of supererogation, then you can say that you've done your duty by saving one timeline and you're not required to keep putting your life at risk

near as i can tell, that since (for humans) the timeline effectively ends on a loss, and on a win, they go on to save possibly 3 more timelines, and theres no way for the vek to "swap timelines" its essentially a winning battle, and the only way humanity as a whole can truly lose, is by giving up

Winning a finite amount of worlds and losing an infinite amount of others means that there are an infinite amount of losses
The Vek win. They have won.
Even if humanity wins a few thousand timelines. They still win the infinite. Which means that they 1.00000000000 win

Well, what if the amount of victories is infinite as well? Say one in every 500 worlds manages to develop mechs, and every mech-developing world saves itself and two others.
That's 497 worlds for the Vek, 3 for humanity. Multiplied by infinity - infinite victories, and infinite losses. Does it matter which infinity is larger?

Stil haven't beaten even the second island, suggest me an ezmode squad please.

Here's a fun one for you - if we have a finite number of saved timelines within an infinite set of timelines, if we randomly time travel to one timeline, how do we calculate our odds of finding ourselves within a timeline that was already saved?

The opening mech squad, Rift Walkers, is as good as it gets

0.00000~%
Infinite vs finite.

i had alot more typed out, but then realized i was retarded

its all just "infinite" but you gotta realize one thing
vek are at infinity -1, and humans are at infinity +1
by kid logic, humans are winning

try lowering the difficulty. the starting squad is one of the best, and rust is the easiest of the unlocks. if you cant beat it on easy... then i dunno, read some guides or take longer turns and think about your moves
realize you need to do, or prevent, the vek squads total health in each turn, as their reinforcements, and if you cant do that, then you need to mitigate or prevent their damage

Add my mod to OP.

Oh right, somehow I didn't even think about easy.

x/∞ = 0 for any x

how about I add my dick to your ass

the biggest difference in difficulty is health#, and vek quantity
on lower difficultys you see more 1-2 health vek you can 1 hit with many mechs, and you never get more than 3 spawns a round, which means by island 2, you should (with perfect placement and luck) be able to completely kill the vek every single turn on easy, based on your squad

I will slap your shit.

Rusting Hulks are easier, actually.

Except that we could also choose any not-saved timeline and have our chances of entering that one also be zero by the same calculation. Thus our chances of entering any timeline at all would be zero. Perhaps this is just another reason why time travel is impossible?

I think Blitzkrieg is pretty damn easy, especially if you unlock The pilot that gives his mech +1 armor. Your Hook Mech already has that so just put him in the Boulder Mech.
Now you can more safely use lightning since even if you hit your own allies you're only dealing half damage to them. The first Lightning upgrade is a must, and the Hook Mech shield ally on grab upgrade is also a pretty good safety net.

But I'm still pretty new to the game, that was just my second win after winning with the Rift Walkers. Those guys are great, and if you wanna get better at the game I think it's good to play them to learn all the fundamentals and get creative about what you can do with positioning and knockback,

more like you will slap your cheeks (into my cock)

No, this has nothing to do with time travel, the chances of picking any particular point on a 1cm line is strictly 0.

which cheeks vek boi

this one
*lightning wiping*

>Thus our chances of entering any timeline at all would be zero
Your chances of entering any one particular timeline are zero, your chances of entering "a timeline" are 100%. This has everything to do with infinity and nothing to do with time travel - you get the same result teleporting to a random point of infinite space, for instance

weeeeell, the Planck length exists

I've got the shield on deployment girl, that should be good for one no-damage lightning on the hook mech, right?

I'm assuming basic geometry where size of point is zero and there are infinite points in line of any non-zero length.

Sure, but that's an abstraction. Existence takes place on an actual material substrate

When you claim infinite amount of timelines, same rules apply.

I agree, but not on a 1cm line.

Eh, why not?

cause im a good 8 inches bby, i dont measure anything in 1cm measurements

Well, because "points" in the universe aren't zero units in size, they're 1.61 x 10^-33 cm. In the actual universe, as opposed to mathematical abstractions, infinity bottoms out at Planck length and Planck time

Kind of the same, except I just don't feel any desire to play normal. Easy is great for cruising through most parts of missions while still having a few chessmaster moments. Very comfy.

Like i said, I'm talking about basic geometry. 1cm line is not a thing that can only exist in our universe where presumably there is not an infinite amount of points in it.

That would work yeah, but I was actually saying to put the +1 defense on the boulder mech so that both it AND the hook mech are armored.

Having 2 armored mechs to begin with seems pretty good since they can tank weaker Vek infinitely, letting you focus on more important targets. And even if you're tanking big hits, you're still saving 1 HP which might be the difference between life and death.

You'll probably be using the Hook Mech for lightning chaining anyways, since he can pull enemies in, or even just bridge two enemies together with his own body. Even if they're at 1 HP in that scenario, you can bridge the gap and repair to survive. Unless you have increased Lightning damage

The boulder mech is less useful for that obviously since you need range to attack, but still there will be some situations where he just gets webbed or needs to make his attack from somewhere he'll get zapped, so reducing that damage by 1 really opens up your options and gives you more room for error.

I say all this, but I guess there's no real way to find that pilot in particular. But a lot of the pilot abilities seem really powerful, so I'm sure you could think of some cool strategies with what you have unlocked.

At this point we're just being pedantic at each other, but I think it's misleading to use a real-world system of measurement if you're not going to stick to the real-world limitations of physics

You are being pedantic, not me.

A centimeter is a measurement of matter that means 1.61 x 10^33 Planck lengths. There's no correspondence between zero-size points and Planck lengths.

Not at all, you can easily claim that a line is 1cm in geometry, or any other length units. Open any workbook, you'll find more than plenty.

That is literally done for the benefit of children.

>think of the children
And I thought that least you couldn't do any worse in this discussion.

Keep going through your workbooks, we'll try this again in a few semesters.

The next level after think of the children is personal insults, and sure enough, you're down to that already.

Wait so you can just go to the final stage after two islands already?

Yeah. The game scales with how many islands you do. Personally I always do more islands so I can get more cores.

I just make sure I have extra hp on my hook before I get lighting dmg. I really dig blitz

Don't die.

This green motherfucker is absolutely broken

There's the sword alright.

Besides getting medals and unlocking the islands for any order runs in the future, the advantages of going for more than 2 islands is more resources, and it seems like multiple time pod stages are more common on later islands, too, so the core advantage can be great.

Might take stock of your current situation and the Vek forecast on the other islands after 2, though; if you kinda limped through 2 islands it might be better to go for the volcano while it's still got the kinds of Vek you could handle rather than risking more Alphas.

is the only realistic way to get the flying custom achievement using three jet mechs?

also holy shit hazardous mechs best mechs
its one of the few games where iv been ahead of the curve on the final mission