/mgg/ - Metal Gear General

First time doing a general edition

Previous thread

*NEW* Survive information

>Base Personnel Guide
pastebin.com/BRupv4nf

>Numerical values of subclass skills
pastebin.com/ip5U7C5D

>Africa secrets map [INCOMPLETE] (Afghanistan map in progress)
i.imgur.com/Kx2bW2b.jpg

>The Lost Tapes
mega.nz/#!nIIHhRYB!7ARV7HCJa...GQo-SFrvHET3PY

>Patch changelog
konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/online/notes.php5

>Offical MGO/FOB Events News
konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/index.php5

>Servers Operating Status
konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/?id=674

>FOB guide
pastebin.com/9PkL3JfX

>MGSV Extended Soundtrack
mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING
i.imgur.com/19a5fFK.jpg

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

Your LIFE has dropped.

your memes have dropped please replenish your memes with guban energy

post captains

Yeah okay but imagine if you could spawn into someone else's Sahelanthropus fight with a Jeep and just do wheelies all over the zombos for 15 minutes

ridable horses when

Training the wolfs when?

>do a jarhead with beard look
>looks good
>start playing coop
>every other player is a jarhead with beard

you can change your look at anytime

>trainable horses in salvage
>make horse poop on a lane
>watch lines of wanderers slipping on shit

not soon enough

>start playing coop
>every player is a fucking girlfag
ree

I know. I just thought I'd be unique off the gate.

the only thing you do when you use that term is make yourself look gay you silly virign

good lord i cant even into that picture

To be frank that really was a generic design to go for in the first place. You should have just made an old man or something. No one ever goes for the dad look.

"girlfag" makes you sound absolutely retarded.
Try "waifufaggot"

>recordings talk about how virgil is expressive and amazingly humanlike
>*beep boop fucked up robot voice with inhuman english*
>finally give in and turn on the jap dub
>mfw
Jesus fuck how did we miss the mark so damn far. Who was the voice director for this

Does it still display english subtitles?

I'd switch to the jap dub but I have grown accustomed to the English ROCK N ROLL and (exclamation of joy) too much.

yes

At the time, I'd put it down to whatever caused the memory loss also causing her to be more robotic. I've since switched to nip audio but I hadn't thought about that.

huh, so I guess cases open up in real time one after the other.
I was opening a few cases at once but the base updated and cut them off so only the first case was opened.

Can anyone let me know where color variations 2, 3, and 5 are? Also Love Theme?

>locku and lollu~~

>prug dis horru!

Did a small test for this now that I'm 69. I rescued 3 soldiers and got:
CDCDEC
DCCCCD
EDEEED
Fuck that last soldier because they also took forever to get evaluated.

the japanese LOCK AND LOLLLL is great though, and you get the anime milk chugging noise

t. pazplate using harness wearing girlfags

t. Celtick

Harness is indeed shit though. I never liked fuckers who wore slutmogs in WoW, either.
My 'casual' wear for my female captain is a Beret, BDU upper, and the heat-resistant shorts. I'm thinking about switching the beret for a cowboy hat.

Everyone and their mom is wearing a fucking cowboy hat. It's pissing me off.

Cowboy Hat or the higher tier one with like feathers and claws and shit?

Happening.jpg

tshirt, shorts and the jungle hat is the ultimate comfy casual outfit desu

>casual base wear consists of a zebra camo tactical scarf with t-shirt and DD combat pants
>tfw every time I see that scarf.
It looks so cozy. I want one now.

Well fug.

Keep going untill you have all Cs, I guess. It a B comes through, it'll be huge. If not, I guess we'll have to wait for rescue missions.

Most of my crew is a bunch of DEEDEE kikongos and yet I still have C ranking for every department. Haven't death marched any of them yet because honestly what's the point when I can already do everything I need to?

>talking smack about the harness
Nothing wrong with disciplining the troops while wearing your favorite leopard skin undies bro. Lets them know that you ain't fuckin around when the weekly lottery is drawn to see who will go on the death march.

C is easy to get with DEEDEEs

Down the line though you will need development at higher ranks to make stuff, and I guess overall crafting bonuses aren't too bad.

>wowcuck
>in any position to be talking down others

Maybe, but right now I'm using the manuals on the story NPCs so that by itself should more than compensate for having DEEDEE shitters.

...at least when i've accumulated enough manuals. Timegating that shit is fucking sad.

I can kinda understand not know you can use other's teleporters

BUT FUCKING PUT YOURS DOWN SOMEWHERE
WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THEIRS DOWN
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The tutorial never mentions you can put a teleporter down in coop so it's not that surprising that people don't know.

Hell, I didn't even notice those 20 rocks you get for throwing until halfway into the game.

This game needs more tips or explained shit, just realized that you can craft materials in the device workshop

The game needs less tips, but more relevant ones.

>Decide to give a break to scout
>Try jaeger
>Old habits die hard, start picking all the mats I can
>I actually beat our 2 scouts
Why everyone wants to play scout if you aren't going to fucking do your job
Holy shit I missed fox walk though

When you get down to it and actually focus on objectives, fox walk is pretty much irrelevant. You can just sprint to the box, open it, and get out before the detonator blows up.

Only reason fox step is good is because it can get you those bonus points for stealth kills easily. It rarely contributes to actually getting S rank.

well, something to explain coop pals how to play

it's kinda stupid. The single player is basically an extended tutorial to get you ready for the co-op matches and they still didn't manage to explain everything.

I still see people that didnt know how to speed up the digger

The game expects you to read the archive section in the I-Droid but no one fucking reads these days. The only reason I knew about the teleporter and crystals is because I tried them out in the beta. The tutorial just sorta leaves you in the lurch and you have to figure everything out from there or it at least expects you to have played the beta to know the basics. Thats probbaly why you had level 5s and 10s trying to fight 20s in co ops not to mention the lack of knowledge of speed the fucking drill. Least this time you don't have to nanny it every 30 seconds because they knew nobody was gonna do that shit.

Well, I prefer Ocelot style so I guess I will keep playing it

>The game expects you to read the archive section
Nah. The game gives you tons of useless tutorial blurbs like
>hurrr when ur weapon durability goes down u need 2 repair it :^)
but they can't be bothered to make a short co-op tutorial to speed the drill or call in tactical support from the drill, while you ALREADY do several mini-coop missions in the story itself. They could've easily incorporated those mechanics in those missions

>rare animal spawn: anubis
>fucking finally
>knock it out, send it to base
>anubis meat added to stockpile
>mfw
I guess I accidentally airlifted a coyote or something and the cages were full

Grab a slingshot, you can stun detonators with a headshot and then sprint in for a backstab.

As a Jaeger I don't bother looting them unless they have an ammo box though.

It still sucks that they nerfed in match ammo since people would just enter the round with 1 bullet, call resupply then bail. It would have been nice to take something extra back with us instead of penalizing. I don't even bother joining a match with more then half a mag now since crafting more prior to the match just kills my copper and lead supplies.

I can't wait to kill another bird or do-

Well, you can't resupply at all during daily/weeklies as far as I know, so there's that.

Gotta call those interceptors in.

You can never have enough of them bear paws bro. Better then wasting 4 gorrilian guban just to make 1 shitty pill.

Detonators can drop an ammo box, though it doesn't fully resupply you fully like the digger does.

Like a 1/5 chance of dropping ammo instead of materials.

>making pills

I used one back in the beginning of campaign because I didn't know about dropping the box and haven't touched them since.

Why do you need them?

you dont, least i dont think so, if a co op is going so bad that you would consider using a pill you might as well let it fail

100% health
100% stamina
100% hunger
100% thirst
100% oxygen
All injuries cured
Takes literally 5 minutes to make them a day just hunting two types of bird in easy reach of a teleporter, in batches of 3.

Anubis spawns often though and always in the same spot.

I went through 3 airlifted now and killed a couple.

Same thing with white bears, had like 5 encounters and I don't even check their spawns that much.

Fucking purple bow however, I'll never get that.

I don't understand, I thought how it's worked since the beta was 'you can leave with as much as you bring in, but not more'. Was that not the case at some point?

40 OP sniper rounds dried my ammo stocks in a matter of a few matches. Needed that purple workshop though and the buds couldn't even damage him at all.
I've been through about 12 since the daily missions dropped because I kept getting one shotted by Big Mouth. Rather then risking loser another man on the drill I just popped those pills like a junkie and soldiered on to get that 300k. You can't S rank the missions without it.

>Everyone is spread out because it's not babby mode mission
>If they're not always in arms reach or my auto turrets get overwhelmed it's a fucking D forget it
Jesus christ how bad are you?

I guess assaults would see more use of them, with all the injuries they get.

I've got way too much food, can't remember the last time I repaired my oxygen tank and abundant meds for my jaeger needs.

That was until people starting using the exploit of go in with nothing but come out with pouches full of ammunition. If I knew that at the start I would have been swimming in ammo. Now the next big thing is crafting shit tier weapons and dismantling them to get free ammo. Not sure if that works either since I tried crafting a burkov and breaking it down but the count stayed the same. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Something is wrong in here..

That's still how it works, but you get no ammo resupply in the hard daily/weekly and you won't craft much with the few handfuls of copper and lead you find throughout coop;

Basically any ammo you use in daily coop is lost forever.

Don't forget to unequip ammo from the gun before dismantling.

>using snipers
>with OP rounds

Well, if you are taking on bosses, I guess I understand. For me, even a shitty blue bow is way more cost effective. I just throw purple shotgun and pistol on top of that for tight situations and apply copious amounts of blue molotov.

I feel like such a brainlet, thanks for that tip.

Ah, so it was a bug that was fixed, you mean? Your use of the term 'nerf' threw me for a second.

At 3.5k crit per shit and 1.5k per normal I did it just to get the bastard out of the way before wave 2 rolls around. Its better to have one person soloing the boss from 80 meters back then to have two people who can't do any damage and getting downed every time. The more people on that drill the better our chances of S rank.

Actually, all you have to do is craft a shitton of blue guns, remove ammo from all of them and dismantle them.

You get your blue resources back and the rest is extremely abundant. Each gun nets you a full mag that way.

I think I just got an aneurysm trying to comprehend this.

well it seems you're not the only one having an aneurysm

I agree, but with decently thought out defences you can easily get away with two or even sometimes one person on the drill.

One guy keeps dancing with the boss, a scout runs iris side ops and gets back on the boss and two others come over to help inbetween waves.

>Surveve is the last dirt

For crafting the blue guns do you get your firing units back every time? I can lose the other resources but those units are a bitch to come by outside of teleporter hopping and salvage grinding with no guns.

Okay, let's try it.

The point is that Captin' can't be female by suggesting that nobody in the base was female.

That was a different base though, not from TPP, but from GZ. And since we haven't seen GZ base crew, we can't be certain.

So they fugged up and mistook Captain's base from Motherbase from TPP, but that makes no sense, because TPP actually had female personnel unless you were dead set on not rescuing QTs.

Long story short, the author is EEEEEE, send them for a little walk.

As far as I know, yes.

You spend 1 firing unit and get 1 firing unit in return.

Try it and see.

I didn't because I only use guns as last resort in coop, never crafted special ammo and roundtrips + Singularity 1 give me a lot of ammo mats.

It works by the way also does anyone know if there is a recipe for the SVG rifle? I want to try and craft out some much needed 7.62 for my purple MG.

what the fuck are you even talking about you spaz, are you seriously defending your use of revival pills? are you fucking shit at this game or what?

Peace Walker had female personnel though, some of my best people were female. Not to mention Strangelove and that French lady. Of all the things to complain about though, why something so asinine?

It doesn't work with snipers because there are no sniper recipes in game yet.

GZ base is Peace Walker base, ingame most were men excluding Amanda and Paz and Cecile, BUT GZ was a few years after the peace walker incident, and DD base shows no restrictions on female soldiers.

its possible they lifted restrictions on female soldiers between PW and GZ, and no one can prove otherwise.

I'm an assault, buff medic to be able to pick my injuries off in relatively no time and I can stop using them, but even then that's one guy in the same lane as me.
We need both revival pills to be expensive and a reason for Medic, and that's
>Base Dig Hards fucking up your bear cages but giving good rewards you'll be needing to do
>Salvage Mission Extreme, with various beefed up wanderers and Medics in charge of various interceptor units and defensive ranged attacks like elemental rounds, making revival pills less useful because I'll still be in deep shit.

>why something so asinine

You've seen the reviews.

Frustrated Hose went on for 3 minutes about a fucking kettle.

>tfw need oriental stork feathers
this is going to take a while

did they change something in the HD remake or am I retarded? I dont remember fem soldiers in PW on psp...

You couldn't find female soldiers in PW but you could get rescue missions for them, as well as the "volunteer" events where you just get people.

He did have a point with the kettle. It's everything else about his review that's wrong.

Something as simple as a cooking pot to boil water should be a basic recipe, not something you unlock after a few hours.

Don't forget our boy Yongyea is making a killing off reading headlines of Survive. This game is the little pot of gold that every youtuber is eager to cash in on.

are you even the same poster? do you have brain damage? why did you insult me about revival pill, then just now admit that they are not very useful?

But you could rescue and play as women in PW.
Kaz even gets his ass handed to him by BiBo for hitting on one too many ladies.
Some of the Paz photos even have women (in masks and black shirts like the men) in them

we onto something here

you don't get first by mass looting shit though, bring in autos and farm kills always wins. in the end you probably traded more of your own mats and durability for a small bump in reward while they still got S-rank loot and barely used anything.

the whole bullshit placement system needs to go, so filling dedicated roles doesn't feel like shit, too many idiots want to call of duty kill zombies and stroke their e-dick for 1st placement.

I would have prefered seeing a WoW battleground style reward screen with shit like healing amount/ total damage/revives/walls/turrets/headshots with range/melee/ placed walls etc without any sort of extra reward just general information.

>do you have brain damage?
>lacks reading comprehension

Started with
>pills are useless because you don't need them
after pointing out it's a non-issue, went
>how can you use pills what is wrong with you
after pointing out all of the huge benefits pills bring and why it's actually beneficial to recklessly attack until downed for them, went
>do you have brain damage? just now admit that they are not very useful?

Here it is again you fucking retard:
Pills are too easy to get, and are too powerful, medic is made weaker by their very existence, the game isn't hard enough to punish relying on them for easier waves INSTEAD OF SAVING HARDER ONES