/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, shows and comics.

/sthg/ #1243 - Spring Stadium Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=If3lCdtO90U
youtube.com/watch?v=e3QbA8ChUmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is the boss of this zone such a pain?

Very fast max speed + small hitbox

Mr. Sonic?

Did Metal rape the old man?

I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO DO!
...strange...isn't....it.....

If I want to read the comics, which is better between the tails kicks ass link and the readcomics link? I'd prefer whichever has higher quality pages.

Neither. The comic is fucking trash, don't waste your time.

Next week is the father and sole creator of Sonic the Hedgehog, Mr. Iizuka's birthday. What are you going to get him?

Kickasstails is fine enough.
You'll be fine there. Also, ignore S hitposters. If you can make it through the worst sonic games, you can easily make it through the worst comics.

I only want reaction images though. And reading the comics is just a way to kill time.

Blue ties are better than red ties.

yes

Tailskicksass should be fine.

Thanks user, which of these should I start with? Preferably whatever has the best story, but I'm not opposed to reading in chronological order.

It's gonna be Iizuka's birthday and you're expecting HIM to give a present to YOU and not the other way around? How selfish.

I will draw a nice picture of Iizuka with Yacker the Wisp. I'm sure he'll love it!

either start at 1 or 160
1 for the complete package and less confusion, or 160 for the best bits leading into the reboot

I'd suggest starting with the main STH comic. Universe doesn't come into play until late in the preboot universe & the others (while you can read them) don't really matter for the main Archie comic.

Here's a little Archie Sonic Reading Guide to help you out if you have any questions on what to go through. Have fun user!

Is this the right 160?

Yup. I'd recommend going through the entire comic from issue 0, but if you stop enjoying the comic before 160, you can skip to that issue, or just persevere until you reach it.

I won't lie, it hurts to look at the character designs. Brown Tails looks really weird.

>Brown characters look weird
Um, sweetie... racist much? Ugh...

Yeah, the early issues used the old AoSTH/SatAM look for Sonic & co. You get used to it after a couple of issues, but it looks pretty jarring when you're used to their current & Genesis designs.

But trust me, it gets worse.

respectu

hi there

Wow, reading the comics is really illuminating. I didn't know that we had our own character.

Does 3D Blast have the best difficulty curve of all the genesis games?

>Try to post page
>Detected possible malicious code
Are you guys 100% sure TailsKicksAss is fine?

>Does 3D Blast have the best difficulty curve of all the genesis games?
...yes, although it's still not perfect.
The first 5 zones build in difficulty at a pretty consistant rate, with the only exception being the diamond dust boss. However, After Zone 5 the difficulty actually takes it's foot off the ground and starts going backwards. In fact, the most challenging thing in the game after that point before the final two bosses is the possibility of losing a flicky on Gene Gadget Act 2.
Admittedly, the final two bosses are challenging and a worthy end to the game.

So it's not perfect, but yes it's still better a better Over all difficulty curve than 1, 2, 3K, and especially CD. If we count S&K as its own game, it might have a better one than Blast.

Sonic babs....

*teleports behind you*

Cheap shots are your plan huh? You're gonna have a bing time..

Can you possibly name ONE (1) Sonic character as perfect as King Dedede?
Protip: you can't

Maybe its just because I had a slow ass computer and was running the port, but I was never imoressed by the Saturn special stage. I know the gens one is ridiculously simple, but I do prefer it

I hope IDW stops with the introduction boxes for every goddamn character like Archie did.

>Background is Africa Sahara
>skybox is Swiss alps
For some reason this is ultra comfy and calming.

woah. what's this from ?

youtube.com/watch?v=If3lCdtO90U

N...NANI

Smash 4 Switch Port

the time has come for me to get a switch and so have I

All Hail Mario

Has it been confirmed a port or is it a new installment? either way I'm getting a switch now

its not confirmed to be a port as of yet. 2018 may be an announcement date or something.

Good morning fags.

>bing bing wa-
right. nevermind

Stop bullshitting. How can you hide a malicious code in a picture.

he's not lying user. It's happened to me several times when I tried posting images for trash

nice shoes silver
I still don't like you

it's not technically confirmed, but it's pretty obviously a port

If it's a most (most likely) then I'll pass.
I already own Smash 4 and don't have to pay for online.

I thought you guys were pretty bad when with responding to things the social media puts out, but the responses from people on social media are much more obnoxious. Why is this?

why are silver's shoes so overdetailed

So then TailsKicksAss isn't safe?

Let's make today a good day!

youtube.com/watch?v=e3QbA8ChUmw

I'm saying it's a enhanced port in graphics and content. Aside from Inklings and the stage they will most likely get, there's also Breath of the Wild Link.

It's people who unironically follow and respond to a corporate meme twitter. What kind of responses were you expecting?

I don't know. I was talking in general about images having malicious cocks here . you'll have to judge for yourself

Mina Milestone Maybe?

I don't know, I just didn't expect so much salt over the fact that some girls that they care about aren't being used in a five letter word. I think I saw someone even mentioning Sonia.

>malicious cocks
what did they mean by this?

YO MIGHTY IS BACK BABIES !

would multiplayer races work with boost?
I think the big issue would be if one player made a mistake the other could use the boost to go miles ahead of him/her. making it impossible for the losing player to catch up. still competitive but too easily decided.

there ways could balance this with design.
if a player is in first place their boost becomes nerfed
or you could items, like some version of the blue shell
but these sounds like cheap trip-up techniques for the sake of balancing.

D'oh ho ho no, they said malicious cox! That's what I also call arbitrary code execution exploits.

you're right, can't think of any.

AND TAILS !

>another popular youtuber talking shit about the adventure games to be "funny"
When will this retarded shit stop?

>arbitrary code execution exploits.
i would arbitrarily exploit all over her code execution

>sake of balancing
you have to go this route if you want good sales. If it's too hard to make a comeback casuals won't like it

>giving them (view)s
you're only hurting yourself

That's obviously Ray.

But they are fucking shit. Pointing out how terrible they are is funny because Sonic Team is pathetic.

>>another popular youtuber talking shit about the adventure games to be "funny"
Who is it now?

No, I'm not watching it. I read the description and the comments. It was more than enough.

The games have a lot of things that deserve to be criticized. However, this isn't what these people do. They just try to make unfunny overdone jokes and maybe even showing off how ignorant they are about the games at times. It's pathetic, and I don't understand why it hasn't stopped yet.

>Tangle
>Amy
>Cream
>Rouge
>Blaze
They picked all the females that matter while also using the opportunity to shill IDW some more.

>why hasn't it stopped
blame sonic team, game grumps, and mememan

>Cry about something
>Don't even watch it
Sonic fans, not even once.

>No, I'm not watching it. I read the description and the comments. It was more than enough.
How about you give us a link or a name so we can judge for ourselves?

I don't need to watch it to know what it is.

It makes sense though. It's good that there's genuine care for some of the past characters, but it makes sense to not focus on characters from different and past mediums.

I suppose they could try to get every girl and spell Team Sonic!/Sonic Team! or Sonic the Hedgehog! but I don't know, it was fine as it is even when you don't have Sticks, Wave, Tikal, Maria, Marine, Elise, Shade, Merlina, Shahra, Lah, and so on.

How are views counted? Because aren't you still giving a view because you clicked on the link in the first place?

it will be an enhanced port in the same way MK8Deluxe is. Meaning you're getting a few more features but have to pay $60 again AND NOW you have to pay to play online. No thanks.

The online modes better fucking work this time if they're going to charge people for it.

>"H-HE MADE FUN OF MUH NOSTALGIA WHAAAAAAAAAA"
the adventure games are not good

Oh god, I thought canonposters were just shitposters.
Also, yeah, unfortunately, you have like several generations of autism posting now.
You got SaTam posting
>Where is Sally and Bunny?!?!?! Yeah, I'm an old fart that witnessed the creation of the franchise. Sally is Sonics first love (And a true Princess) and Bunny Rabbot is a badass that is fiercely loyal to her friends.

Game Only Fags
>hmm... Bunnie and Sally... not canon. yep, that explains why they clearly aren't in a pic like this lol. tho... who's that first character?

Shitposters
>I'm not familiar with the character that is in the S.
It looks like a fan character tho? I mean just look at the difference line art compare to the others.

And holy hell someone mentioned Cosmo the Seedrian as well.

I'll say it again, that's what Sega gets for whoring out it's franchise to be localised however they saw fit, and are now paying for it by having angry fans not having their own localisation be catered for.
That being said, no Tekno posts. Shame on you autistic FB commenters.

>there are people who publicly comment on a social media page so their whole family can see them arguing about cartoon animals in a franchise for kids
Mental.

Stop being such a fucking baby and give us the e-celeb name.

MIGHTY
I
G
H
T
Y

>Be youtuber
>Need to think of ways to get views
>Realize the Sonic fanbase is home to some of the most passionate/insane individuals on the planet
>It's guaranteed to get views and the fanbase is so divided that any stance I take will get support.
>The more controversial I get, the more triggered they become and even more fans will appear.
Honestly Egoraptor wrote the book on how to capitalize on butthurt fans and now everybody is following suite.

>Tyson Hesse
>the guy who did Boxer Hockey and Sonic's Big Fat Adventure
>got hired by Archie to draw the comics
>animated the intro for Sonic Mania
>now drawing comics for USE and even designed the new character, Tangle the Lemur

It's hard to believe how far he's come since doing this

Adventure being shite isn't controversial.

Shame youtube shut down the large, quick profit side of the ad-views.

>USE.

That was supposed to be IDW. Dunno why that was autocorrected.

There are no good sonic games
- man in sonic mania's credits

Views don't matter anymore, it's all about how long time you watch the video.

lol

Egofag wasn't even in Mania's credits, just that faggy booklet they handed out at the event. Also that doesn't make Adventure not shit.

Kiij sy upit lrunpstf

I enjoy Sonic, no matter how much you faggots don't want me to.

Sonic is awful. Play better games you autismal manchild.

Adventure is heavily flawed, yeah. Not that user, but I love Adventure, even through it's mess. There's a bit of fun to be had in a shit game.

However, Ego gets his jollies off of saying all Sonic games ever are shit.
>IT'S A PLATFORMER THAT PUTS OBSTACLES IN FRONT OF ME TO STOP ME GOING FAST
Well... kinda yeah.
>IT'S GOT NO TIME FOR ME TO REACT AND I GET HIT BY SOMETHING I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS HAPPENING
Well, that's why the lives system is with rings so that any knockback is temporary, and Sonic was thunk up when someone saw someone playing Mario quick because they memorised the levels.

However, Arin gets views by saying even the good Sonic games are shit, and mentioned on twitter and shit by the official Sonic page. I love Aaron, and I see why he's doing it, but it's still stupid.