/nintyg/-Nintendo General

Smash hype edition
This is a general for the discussion of the Nintendo consoles and games released on it
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」Mario Kart Tour for mobile devices announced: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/958876622517452801
「!」Pokemon Crystal Version has launched on 3DS console: youtube.com/watch?v=trLN4TV4deE
「!」Nintendo Labo announced as a new set of games and peripherals for Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
「!」New ARMS update out, with a new Gallery and Tournament mode: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26377/~/how-to-update-arms
「!」Nintendo's paid online services for Switch launch in September: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-switch-online-launching-in-september/
「!」Mario movie officially announced; made by Illumination: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/958878633652731904/
「!」Bayonetta on switch is available now
「!」New Kirby game to have amiibo support: nintendoeverything.com/kirby-star-allies-has-amiibo-support/
「!」Dragon Quest Builders released for Nintendo Switch, scoop it up if you're into that kinda shit
「!」March 8th nintendo direct came and went, lots of ports announced along with a couple new games
youtube.com/watch?v=NsFna-Z1MjU

>Upcoming Releases
Japan - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
North America - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL regions - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>New 3DS XL vs New 2DS XL vs 2DS Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Charts
Switch - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/amiibo-igcc-switch1.jpg?w=646
3DS - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-3ds3.jpg?w=646
Wii U - amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-wiiu4.jpg?w=646

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

hello where are the new game

I got lazy and just linked the direct. my apologies

No prob.

bamp

Doomguy for Smash when

bump/roll:finally beat weegee edition
0:f-zero
1:super mario bros deluxe
2:dkc 2
3:reroll
4:smash 4
5:mufuggin wii sports
6:reroll
7:brawl
8:warioware smooth moves
9:reroll

Oh god why, how do I fix this?

Doesn't show up in handheld mode, only shows up on the Switch channel and not the ordinary channels, hadn't touched my Switch since yesterday and it was fine.
Tried plugging the cable into a diff port on the back of the TV, same shit diff channel.
I can't figure out what's causing it at all.

well that fucking sucks man

whaaaaa, do you have another TV?

Not that I can readily test on, no. Closest I have to a second TV to test on would be going halfway across town and getting a TV out of storage at another house.

Still though, that shit doesn't show up on any other channel and if I switch from HDMI port 1 to 2, then the lines go to the new channel instead, so I don't think it's the TV.

Man, the 3DS WarioWare is a welcome surprise. I loved playing Mega Microgame$ on my GBA SP; the simple, bite-sized nature of the games makes them fun to play, and their bizarre humor makes them even more attractive.

I haven't seen the rest of the Direct yet, but good on Nintendo for doing this. I can't imagine there's a lot of profit for this type of sell on a dead system.

We need to update this.

Anyone have recommendations for switch games aside from Zelda and Mario?

>solaire amiibo

this is a moronic question, but Kirby and Yoshi were revealed at E3... is Kirby: Star Allies that same Kirby game? also, typing out Kirby so many times made me realize how dumb a word Kirby is.

Yes.

thanks! i never got the memo.

thanks

>See it's sold out online after 10 minutes because of scalpers
>Go to a FUCKING GAMESTOP thinking I can just preorder one there since it's a FUCKING GAMESTOP Exclusive
>LOL It's an online exclusive
WHY?

>moria
Same.

REEEE SMT V WHEN???

I know, I know... 5 hours.

It entered full production recently so not very soon.

Damn, that game is the reason I bought a Switch.

Ano, whats wrong with Woomy?

You don't have a computer monitor?

So how about that Bowser's Inside Story remake?

That's not a bad idea

ports

rerollan. played some f-zero, still can't beat an entire grand prix (im on the last race of the first one circuit if I'm not mistaken) I need to git gud

How likely is it that Nintendo is going to release an upgraded version of the Switch akin to 3DSXL or WiiU Deluxe and when? I've been holding off on buying one because I don't want to eventually get stuck with an inferior machine after they release something with better hardware and more storage but I'm getting impatient.

I would like to indulge you guys with a discussion.

Given recent events and context clues, is there any possibility of a Western made character making it into Smash Switch? Who do you think will happen, if at all? Who would you like to see?

Shovel Knight? Doomguy?

>my face when those 2 in smash
mite b cool though. I really enjoyed shovel knight (though only his campaign, haven't really fucked with the others too much)

Is Hyrule warriors gonna be worth getting? I'm thinking of buying a Switch with Odyssey and Hyrule Warriors.

I mean, technically yeah, but I've no idea if it has a HDMI cable slot and it'd be a massive pain to move it in order to test it, for something I'm 90% sure isn't a problem with the screen.

Anyone have an updated pic of the Wii U exclusives ported to switch?

>Western made character
>having anything to do with a game celebrating only their iconic characters in gaming
>reddit spacing
dismissed. Western characters would ruin what they have going in Japan.

What did Nintendo mean by this?

Yu Narukami for Smash switch

What the fuck is "Reddit spacing"

Diddy's western, and we're probably getting another DK character after how well recieved Tropical Freeze was.

>(You)
Unironically, get the fuck out newfaggot. Smash brings in the worst of you every time, and it really makes this season of "leaks" that much more sobering.
You don't belong here.

left looks like a boy

DID SOMEONE SAY SMASH?

If I copy Wii VC games from an SD Card to another SD Card or to my computer and then to another SD Card, will my Wii/Wii U still recognize it?

Basically I want to upgrade to a bigger SD Card without needing to move everything back to the Wii/Wii U internal memory or needing to redownload everything. I'd rather just cut and paste the files from my computer.

Paragraphs. It's what some people on this site call paragraphs, for some reason.

lmao holy shit stop sperging out, saltlord.

what are you talking about? If Sonic and Mega-Man can get in I don't see why Rayman would ruin it.

I’m betting on Solair getting in to Smash. Amiibo and DS remaster add some credibility

not him
But even if it was designed by the british, its hard to call him as western on the level that Shovel Knight is, when he's always had the Nintendo logo on his hat.

I'm terribly disappointed that Bowser Jr's gameplay is just a copy paste of Bowser's minions.

I remember waiting during the Brawl days when newfaggots were just as unapologetic.

Feels weird being a Mario fan that only really cares about the main series games, and then every time there's a new 3D game or a new Smash there's droves of people asking for like Waluigi and Daisy or some shit.

Do they really do anything that awesome in the casual games? I get the impression that Waluig is a literal clown and that Daisy is just fapbait.

She's obviously squishing her cheeks, causing the pucker face.

Mike Jones from Star Tropics.

I was anti Mike for a long time, but then I actually played the game.

The honest truth though... I just want him for the cave music.

>if I pretend to be an oldfag people will upvote my posts, r-right?

>I get the impression that Waluig is a literal clown and that Daisy is just fapbait.
Exactly.

I'm going to wait and see.

I didn't pick up Superstar Saga because they butchered the art style and removed unique character designs. But this one looks a bit closer to the original BiS since they were already sort of leaning into the less exaggerated animations at the time anyway. I might pick it up, but not at launch.

I hope the micro games are actually randomized this time. WarioWare Touched would have been great if they didn't always present the games in the same order.

Is there an everdrive equivelent for Gamecube games?

I'm tired of waiting for Ninty to put GC on VC and the official re-releases of these games look like ass.

>Solaire amiibo already sold out on pre-order
>Store exclusive anyway
Why is this amiibo shit still allowed?

Got a non Ivan version?

Like this?

What are upvotes user.

Most of those indies are fucking trash, just show good games next time

it will never happen

Which ones and why?

Wow you're retarded

I wonder if they plan to use the remake as a test to see how received Minions are. If it's a hit, then they might just base a new subseries around it.

Anyone have a better version of this? The Zeldas aren't even exclusives and is missing Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Waluigi and Daisy is just roster filler for spinoffs
does nothing significant other than being baseless characters for sports/kart/party titles
especially Waluigi

Nice

Why is Mario Maker even crossed out? I don't think I missed the Switch announcement.

just started a download for wario world. haven't played it in years, only got the chance on a relative's system and don't remember it very well. what am I in for /nintyg/?

its on 3ds bruh

Why is Bayo 1 on there? It wasn't even originally a Wii U title, let alone an exclusive.

Same reason TP HD and WW HD are there, it's a semi-bait image made to make a point.

I just want a better version of the picture....

I thought that was just an app and you couldn't even play the levels? I didn't really look into it because it seemed like there wasn't much of a point to it.

Still hope it comes to Switch eventually.

So make one, how hard is it to put a list of Wii U exclusives together in photoshop?

Dont have photoshop and dont know exclusives only to Wii U

What's the Switch version of this chart?

>Mario Party 10
They were really stretching to make the library look good, huh

Okay I'm updating the Switch chart, I need informed opinions on these games, I swear if you say shit like "it's a port xD" I'm going to TRACK YOU DOWN AND tell your mum that you're being mean on the internet.

retail:
lost sphear
Scribblenauts Showdown

eshop:
disc jam
The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Fe
Bridge Constructor Portal
Night in the Woods
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles
Outlast

For fuck I'm trying not to masturbate so stop tempting me!

someone post the fucking 3ds chart
what's with this general, why is everything dying

>solaire amiibo
I was thinking about this, but I haven't played dark souls since prepare to die edition. Now its fucking sold out.

My life.

Don't die.

The only reason this general exists is due to the direct, Nintendo generals don't tend to last long. Most of the games worth talking about have their own general, and the rest don't have much to talk about.