/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #548

Act 1 Edition

Previously: >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika's Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to get the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa
Writefag Guide: dropbox.com/s/byvdxol3db6llwz/The DDLC Writefagging Guide.pdf?dl=0

>Art and Miscellaneous
Fan-Made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Game Files Dump (full): mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You):
youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y

>Do NOT
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
Lifeline (AU): lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home

Other urls found in this thread:

excalibur(dot)ws/
strawpoll.me/15167298
strawpoll.me/15186956
strawpoll.me/15214295
mega(DOT)nz/#F!4t4HnCRT!9bGtYGSPy2-yydBkoIXHUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for every doki

Natsuki!

my doki > your doki

I love Natsuki!

Yurifriends come out at night; but night is not now, and I am going to sleep for real this time.

>OP gif
I cri

Thank you based user

Good morning gentlemen and by that I mean 1AM, welcome back to what is the first one of these in what was been fair too long!
I haven’t been able to snag everything this batch, due to it being 1AM and my having of an early start in 6 hours time but I was able to knock over a chunk of these, which should enable me to get up to speed tomorrow evening. Thank you all so much for your patience, these have been a long time coming and my life’s shit hasn’t exactly aided in their release!

Just to re-iterate, I am not critiqueanon, as the standard of my feedback will likely spell out for you. I am, however, covering for our brave soul while he recuperates a tad bit. I’m sure our thoughts and wishes are with that top bloke.

Now, onto the poetry!

Today's notices and reminders:
- Please ensure you link the word of the thread post if you want feedback! Whenever someone says I missed their thing, it's almost always because it was not linked to the prompt.
- Please mention along with your poem if you are after more detailed or harsher critique! I'll do my best, although it won't be up to the standard that one user who hands out critiques usually doles out.
- Please, PLEASE leave comments on other people's poems if you have the time! I can't give each work the attention it deserves, so I'm relying on all of you to help fill in the gaps.

If I’ve missed anything let me know!

This batch covers everything from: to >The first critique is too C H U N K Y to include in the starting post
fml

I can't stop thinking about her! Yuri!

Jesus wept, now how the fuck am I meant to approach this?
Ok, well I’ll start with what I liked. Your imagery is beyond superb, the picture you craft of this appalling man is so detailed and every aspect fleshed out that it propels the emotion of this poem further and further. Atop this, your language and diction is nothing short of phenomenal, I have too many favourite lines to pick and chose, though the opening two of the third stanza were especially clever. The last two stanzas, and the final line of the piece were both brilliant as well. It’s a marvellous satire of “Bourgeoisie” culture and high society. I’d tell you to keep writing, as you’ll only get better and it’d be a shame to ever see you stop if this shit wasn’t your fucking job!
Bravo mate, this shit is outstanding!

Firstly, your imagery and use of language is nothing short of phenomenal. I love pieces like these, where the subsection of a particular element of language, in this case culinary speech, is used for an entirely different means and a fucking depressing lot at that. The emotion in this piece was well done, your use of grey and bitter language contrast with the theme of cooking felt really well done. My personal favourite line would have to be “Cucumbers of the melancholy”, that was clever.

“Charming” is the word that came to my mind when reading this. It’s not overly complicated, or ham-fisted with it’s meaning and message. It’s a simple and sweet piece with a unique and interesting rhyme structure, which works well in its favour. I loved it!

Bittersweet and melancholic poetry is always an interesting read, and this was no exception. Your language fit the piece well, however I believe your metaphor could’ve been a little stronger, so as to hone the feeling in the opening stanzas. The structure also suited the piece, not every good poem needs a rhyme scheme.

What a fucking rollercoaster of a piece, an absolute corker!
Your structure was just perfect, it really exemplified the emotion in the piece and conveyed the back and forth conversation-with-myself style of writing. Your message was both poignant and touching, in addition to being thought provoking, so bravo on that front. I particularly liked your metaphors, my favourite being how you allude to doubt as “Shrouds that won't lift block my thoughts”. Fantastic work mate

*Kyaahhh~*
Well, good on you for writing this as opposed to ‘feeding the racoon’. Aside from that however, I liked this piece.
It was peculiar in its own manner, with the structure fitting the disjointed feel of the thoughts purveyed throughout. I feel as if you could have been a little less overt with your language, but for what it is it works well. Can’t say I could figure out that final line, however. Was it a reference to coagulation?

Oh yeah?! Well I can speak in a language you don’t understand too!
It’s called Larrikin Jargon!
Jokes aside, one google translate later and I found myself really enjoying this piece. While the rhyme scheme doesn’t exactly translate, I can see where you were going with it and it’s a sweet piece all round. I particularly liked the ‘hunter’ language used in the latter two stanzas. Nice work mate.
Now Cor-fucking-blimey I’ve ‘ad a right corker of some bogan cunt gone walkabout round the campbeltown maccas swigin’ a coffin nail. Bloke’s right fucked ay
Translate that fritz!

Firstly, congrats on using all 3 thread words. Secondly, this was an interesting piece. I liked the topic, the whole “unseen warrior” dynamic worked well with the poem’s relatively short length. The rhyme scheme also suited the piece well.

Yuri consumes your thoughts! Yuri takes over your mind! You are just as obsessed with her as she is with you!

Losing control of your thoughts with Yuri! Going mad with Yuri! Getting thrown into an insane asylum with Yuri!! Breaking out with Yuri! Bringing chaos and anarchy to the world with Yuri!

YURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at this! It's called a Yuri! It is the object of my desire!

Well you certainly don’t dance around the poem’s topic, that’s for sure! For what it’s worth, I liked this piece. It has a gentle simplicity to it in terms of both your use of language and rhyme structure. I’m not so sure I grasped the poem’s meaning short of it being a tale regaled by some knight, but if that’s what it was meant to be then well done.

I really liked this piece. The opening stanza sets the tone that continues to deteriorate (from an emotional perspective) as the piece continues. The rhyme structure suits this piece very well, its rapid nature always punctuated by the repetition of ‘weed’ was a nice touch, and worked to the poem’s favour dramatically. The metaphor, of course, was fantastic.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you have a way with imagery mate. You craft scenes brilliantly and this is no exception. The descriptors for the garden are amazing, with my favourite line having to be “Passing rivers of roses and creeks of carnations”, that shit is just golden. The latter part of the poem is of course the more depressing section, with the metaphor of slow decay conveyed brilliantly and with clarity. Your style isn’t ham-fisted nor is it too obscure, it achieves a certain medium that’s just a joy to read. Fantastic work mate.

An interesting piece to be sure. I’m not sure why, but I noticed a few things here and there, the main one being just how much better your third stanza was compared to all the others. The others felt a little too heavy handed with their descriptions and not enough say simile or metaphor, but Stanza No. 3 hit the nail right on the head for that one. I did quite like the ending, however.

Just finished the game, and wow. I don't even know what to say.

I don't like it. Get rid of it.

I forget the name of this particular poetic style, but I know it when I see it and can tell when it’s been done well, and this has been done brilliantly. The emotion was the most standout part of this piece, a combination of anger and mockery, utter disdain and contempt, themes which the structure helps to convey very well. Congratulations on using all of the thread words as well, and moulding them to fit your piece as well as you did too.

A dry and melancholic take on respect for your elders, mixed in with a slight undertone of despair. The first stanza was the most difficult to follow in my opinion, as if it was ringing out of memory and anguish, however the latter stanzas felt disconnected from one another by a substantial margin, but for what it’s worth, I did rather like this one, so well done mate.

Nothing short of a masterwork

A gentle, reflective and melancholic piece. Your structure benefits the piece entirely, and the language you use harks beckons memory and reminiscence for days of Auld Lang Syne. It’s a slow, bittersweet piece, but bloody hell if it isn’t good. The final stanza is great too.

Short yet sharp, peculiar and poignant. I loved the concept of “The long road called perfection” and I reckon you do it pretty good justice in these two stanzas. The notion of constant self-improvement and trying ever harder to get where you want to be, and the last line reflects the shame of relenting very well. Top stuff.

Firstly, congratulations of successfully implementing all 3 thread words, and making it seem completely unforced and actually feel rather natural while at it. Other than that, I quite liked this piece. Your odd ABBA (kek) rhyme scheme coupled with the language choice and structure all contribute to the theme, that of taking small joy in difference and revelling in your peculiar love, very well. Nice work mate.

nth for World of Dokicraft!

Welcome to the club.

Oh fuck this hurt to read, fucking outstanding piece desk but still, ouch…
Congrats on using all three thread words, and blending them so well with the piece. Your structure is what sells me on this poem, the manner in which the first and second stanza differ with their tonal shift and sudden shake up of enjambment pattern was an amazing touch, with the second’s more rapid delivery feeling as if it’s a series of disjointed thoughts being tossed around inside a broken mind. The language and diction employed to set both stanza’s respective tones too, was brilliant. Phenomenal stuff
I gotta ask, was this written from experience?

I’m, confused…
I mean, it’s certainly unique, I just can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m reading though.

Short, poignant and with a fantastic message. Your simple rhyme scheme really works for this piece. Bravo
Don’t think you can hide from me by posting other light-emitting sources Lamp!

Fuck’n R A D I C A L

My heart…
This was a great piece mate, pulled at the heartstring and stung in all the right places. Your first stanza us genius in setting the tone of discomfort and uneasy unfamiliarity. The last line is an absolute tear-jerker as well. G-Good stuff mate… *sniff*

For someone who doesn’t “usually into poetry”, this is a very good piece.
Your peculiar metaphors would have to be what stood out the most to me, and in a good way at that! They have a unique means of conveying the particular emotion of the piece, and suit it well. Alongside this, yours is the first piece I’ve seen in a long time to actually implement onomatopoeia, and it’s a lovely technique when done correctly! Well done

Poetry’s about emotion, if giant robots get your gears going you should never feel the need to apologise for writing about them.
As for this one, well talk about tonal shift.
You capture reflective, tired despair perfectly. Lines like “But by letting the world's facade to fall. I let the beauty in my heart die.” are just genius. The structure of this piece, and how each stanza delves to a new low of hopelessness and exhaustion is a nice touch too.

I really liked the metaphor of this one, you took the thread’s word and moulded it perfectly, embedding the piece with all sorts of /k/ shit I’d likely understand more if 1996 had never happened. It becomes a joke poem of sorts, like a sort of ‘give me a break’ affair, an aspect I loved. Ultimately it was a sweet piece, with your own personal, and peculiar choice of language!

Fucking kek, tremendous spin on the thread word lad, had me taken hook line and sinker. Those last 3 lines are absolute corkers to be sure. Good shit mate

This was a fascinating piece, though I can’t quite say I grasped the meaning in its entirety. Was it meant to be about a child addressing their parent? Because I was thinking of something different however the last line threw me to an extent. Regardless of that, I liked this. It’s written with a sort of child-like explorative wonder. Nice work lad

Oh now this is a clever application of the thread’s word!
I loved this, your metaphor and allusion to bullets was very well done, and gave the poem it’s own unique flavour. The language choice benefit’s the poem’s low, remorseful tone brilliantly, and are laced with both adequate anger and self-deprecation. The last 3 lines of the final stanza are absolute corkers as well.

That'll have to do it for me now, I know it's not much but I wasn't quite able to spend all of this arvo on it, I'm really sorry.
For now, however, I need away to catch some bloody kip, goodnight lads.

Man I need to get writing more
Cheers for the feedback as always Aussielad! Have a good one

Where are Yuri's cutting scars. Unrealistic image.

>You open the door to the club room to find the Vice President, face cupped in her hands. With a sigh, she runs her hands back over her hair.

Guten Morgen. I hope you're having a great day so far! Let's get started.

The word of the thread is "Memory"! It's something in the past, yet they are always made. You could say they're the building blocks of who we are, wouldn't you agree? After all, if you woke up one morning and you had no memories, you wouldn't even be the same person, if you think about it. It would be like... You died, and someone else was born and had your name, your face, your voice and so on.

Alternatives are "Grief", "Desire", "Embrace", "Hope" and "Rain"!

Now, as usual...
These words are to be used at your pleasure in any way you see fit while writing! Poetry is the most popular, so why not try mixing it up a bit and writing in a style outside of your comfort zone? Don't be afraid to put it out there, we all start somewhere!

Well... Stay safe, okay? I don't wanna hear about my friend hurting themselves for any reason.
Monika?

>finished
Oh, you sweet, innocent child. This is where it starts. DDLC is now a part of you and it won't let go.
Who's your Doki, new friend, and why her?

>I can speak in a language you don’t understand too!
Sorry, I just couldn't think of a better way of fitting all three words in.
>Translate that fritz!
Uhh, so you saw an Australian equivalent of a chav walk into your local McDonalds with a lit cig?
That's what I could gather from it.
I remember you mentioing "coffin nail" as one of the synonyms for the cancer stick, so that helped.
By the way, have you heard anything from the OG Critiquem8? I'm wondering how he's been doing?

Would your doki approve of you killing rats en masse?

Oh geez. I don't think I'm in the right mind to be a solid choice yet, or explain why. My mind is pretty nervous, slightly tired, and hecked up from everything. I would have to say Yuri though, for multiple reasons, good ones, and probably bad ones...

Do not open the webm.

Vermintide?

I'm also interested. I don't wanna bother him with private messages, especially since I have no right walking up to him and butting my nose in his business. That and he's a part of a group of people that I drifted away from...

Yuri lookin kinda ___!

Smart

Now it's properly finished
- added the hair decoration
- made the other eyebrow visible through hair
- minor fixes

is this a sayonara meme
because I'm at work and I wanna open this

CUTE

Is it autistic that I want to replay this game so I can fuck myself over again and get reattached to my doki?

punchable. I want to bully this smartass whore

qt

god-tier stuff, user

ugly

Please no, don't bully her. She would probably like it in some way, probably. Maybe.

"PERSONA!"

This man walks up to you and offers you a no-lose decision.

Choice A - You are now thinking of "her", the oneitis 3D girl in your life. She will love you right now, no exceptions, and you two can live happily ever after.

Choice B - You wait until 2030 when AI technology hits a milestone, and your Doki will be guaranteed to become 100% real.

Not at... all?

Anyone who would even consider picking A needs to leave right now.

Do not reinstall.

sorry, but I'm gonna have to go with B.

could someone draw this but better?

what does this mean
why user? also it is a bit too late. Im only like an hour in, but that was last week and I'm not sure if I should follow through with it

>sayori could use it to get over her depression
>yuri has something better to take the edge off
>natsuki can calm down and be less bitchy
>monika finally gets some chill and stops trying to kill everyone

Is that a Natsukicorn?

Fucking amazing job lad! You’re doing gods work

her horn is bigger than yours

Yeah, I'm not gonna draw something for trap user.

Beautiful!

the dokis are real already though
dan is every doki
don't forget that
you know the truth

Yuri is nice! Don't worry about how you feel right now. It'll only last until forever!

>Giving the girl with access to the universes console command screen weed
user no
NO

did something happen between you and him?

No.

who out here /wokehours/?

>Yuri
pic related
>multiple reasons, good ones, and probably bad ones
And that's the way is should be, really: embracing both her charms and her (as well as your) flaws.
Welcome to the club, user.

Yes. Seeing Sayori like that still hurts like a motherfucker.
Cute and smart!
Goddamn, that's some great Natsuki art!
You're like that watermelon otter, huh?
>having Sayori use drugs
I'm not sure how to feel about that. It makes my mind go to dark, doki places.

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

anti depressants are drugs too

Yuri will never lactate her beautiful mammaries to fill in your bowl of bran flakes for breakfast

I love her too.

>having Sayori use drugs
Come to think of it, isn't this what doctors would do to help her if they existed in the Literature Club universe, of course?
As in, that actually sounds like the most viable option.

after that wholesome 80s sayori webm do you really want to nitpick about that?
>choose to refuse!

I mean, I can imagine giving a depressed person drugs like weed is just asking for bad trips.

>after that wholesome 80s sayori webm
care to elaborate?
i had a very busy week so i didn't have much time to lurk

oldie but goodie

It's been seven months and I still can't forget that scene, no matter how much I try.

YES

Ah fuck, sorry lad was out on my daily walk when the thread started, looks like someone else got you covered though. Sorry again lad

oh that one
but either way i just want sayori to be happy
and seeing how she has a pretty normal life the cause for her depression is most likely due to a problem in her brain which mosty is treated with therapy and medication and i know people that wouldn't respond well or at all to anti depressants but therefore even more so to cannabis

I love her too!

Wait, you can have a bad trip from weed?
Thanks, didn't know that.

>Goddamn, that's some great Natsuki art!
I want to stress that it's only an edit
the original looked like pic related

I only wish I could draw like this, but editing is all I can do and even that is mediocre at best

Yuri meets with the Vice President and has an eletrifying conversation.

Literature Club president meets with US president and makes anime girl marriage/waifus legal.

Post that pic of Trump hugging Sayori or you’ll never be allowed to marry your Doki!

>implying anyone can stop me from marrying my doki
Kek. You could've asked nicely just as well, you know.

Thank you for the kind words and warm welcome, friends. This is a nice general.

Great stuff! Thanks for doing the critiques, it's always nice for peoples' work to get more (You)s.

>Yuri meets Pence.
>Electrifiying

Damn!

I knew several people in my life that suffered a ton because their nitwit of a doctor prescribed them a cocktail of medications. One girl got treated by actual professionals, they picked out ONE important medication she was to take regularly, and she got better. So that's the big warning sign for me, taking too many medications.

I hope not to sound annoying but could you do an edit of with the not muscular belly of ?

Ah, so you reduced the thickness.
I felt like something was off, but couldn't put my finger on it. Oh well.

I missed your first post, so welcome to /ddlc/! Hope you stay a long time!

>not wanting the abs
b-but looking fit was the whole point..

Oh my god, is that a new drawing?
>first kiss with Yuri
HHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Ah sorry sorry, you don't have to. I know I was being annoying.

Hey everyone, Not-Bread here!
I’ve been so excited for the WoW night, I can’t wait until we can all play together! The time is drawing near, so make sure you’ve got everything ready by the time we’re all ready to play.
Server: excalibur(dot)ws/

Alliance or Horde poll: strawpoll.me/15167298 (embed)
Guild poll: strawpoll.me/15186956 (embed)
Race Poll: strawpoll.me/15214295 (embed)

In a surprising victory, it seems like we’ll be playing on Alliance! Because of this, when you all first hop in, make sure to hit O to bring up your friends list, then add “Garasing” to the list. He’s my main character, so you’ll probably see me on him when I’m not leveling up my new character with you guys. Once you do this, send me a whisper, and I’ll hit you up with a guild invite.
Make sure you guys don’t forget to register on the website!
The registration process is simple: all it asks for is an email, username, and password, then you get the whole game completely free. Did I mention it's free?
Once you register, download and extract the torrent from the website. For those of you who can't torrent (or choose not to) I've got a mega link right here for you guys:
mega(DOT)nz/#F!4t4HnCRT!9bGtYGSPy2-yydBkoIXHUw
I'm still looking for a couple Anons to be guild leaders for the literature club. If you're interested, let me know!
I wanna roll our characters out on March 14th, 11:59 PM EST, but if that doesn't work for anyone interested please let me know.

Something to know before hopping in, the different classes all have different starting zones, some on the other side of the world, so once you hop in if you find out there aren't a lot of Anons around you, message me and I'll bring you to the most populated area.

If anyone has any questions, link them to this post or ask Bread in the thread.

i'm not the one who made it but it was an easy edit, here you go

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be here a very long time! Time to start my Yuri image collection!

Wait, how do Monikas stand out in a crowd in Outer Reality? Do they adopt different names at some point? Is there a seedy criminal underbelly? How do you view the place in your head?

Thank you, I hope fit user doesn't get offended.

A good mother is said to be able to spot her child from a crowd of a thousand people.
I just made that up I dunno