/simg/ Simulation Games General

thread died again edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy M-2000C/NTTR and modules released AFTER those from steam(released after 12th May 2017), because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B9l8t2itS4vkOHAxa0tKdzI2aEk/view
Your pain setting up controls is over
i.imgur.com/R5bNpo7.png
i.imgur.com/l68Wzlm.png
i.imgur.com/ylhQnWD.png

>Falcon 4, BMS, SF2, real-life flight manuals and field manuals.
mega.nz/#F!r11BxCRC!nC2Rttjjx8WLqvPF-6SYKw
>US Army Manual Index
pastebin.com/m98ZrWpP

>Link to this OP text
pastebin.com/Tsc71yaf

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Strike Fighters 2 For Dummies
pastebin.com/M5JQ2S7A

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Strike Fighters X
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics, Combat Mission
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X, Swat 4

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yryke1cqK_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

R O S S I Y A

>what do you do for a living
>im a flying furry
just imagine how shitty it must be for those pilots.
Instead of having a well respected job that everyone is jealous at they are looking like clowns.

Did they do it to scare off the birds or its one of those russian logic things where some old dumbfuck thinks something shit is cool?

Is the nevada map worth anything ? Wich campaign should i buy for the Mi-8 if i want to do comfy transports mission ?

>shipunov autocannon

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

no fucking news. maybe one of the third parties will post something

>shit ton of modules are 70% off
>I already own all of them

Nevada is pretty good, but nobody plays it. Smaller than Caucasus, and a training environment instead of a a combat one. Wide expanse of flat desert, some mountains, a large city, some water.
I've also noticed there are a shit ton of RL helo ops around Vegas, and would make excellent missions in DCS (tours, law enforcement, flight training, there's even a company which lets normies shoot MG's in the air)

can't fucking wait

you can't

I know that i could buy a Mi-24 irl. Could i buy a Mig-19 ?

DED

Ok lads.
Is there a Game like Eurotruck Sim just with Airplaines traveling?
Or ships?

you're the guy that needs an economy system to motivate him?
another idea for airplanes is to join a virtual airline. They give you a roster which you have to complete in a given time frame. You report completed flights to the airline, and get experience and seniority. You start out small, and move up to better airplanes and routes as you get more experience. Some will even give you checkrides to qualify for certain duties.

>you're the guy that needs an economy system to motivate him?
Not that guy since I am very rarely in this thread here.

But yes I always need an economy to otivate myself. One of my favourite games is X3-Terran Conflict.

Even in Adventures or RPGs I always expect to have a nice economy to earn cash on.

And to the Idea of the virtual airline.
I have a neighbour who does this. He build himself in his basement a cockpit and flies with his simulator intercontinental flights in real time.
He for example goes from Frankfurt to Sidney and back on a weekend being 50hours busy with it. He doesn't leave and pretends like he is really doing it so that you can't even call him or get him out of the house.

That's too extreme for me. It should still be a game.

Agree. I at least step out of the house on long hauls... why deal with the shitty parts of flying when you can enjoy the fun parts. Just figure out how much time until your next step climb/tank switch and come back by then. If it catches on fire and drops into the ocean while you out and about you didn't kill anybody.

>Frankfurt to Sidney and back on a weekend being 50hours busy with it.
Dude needs to learn rest and duty regulations if he's going to be hardcore about it... sounds like an Emirates schedule.

It's not what I am looking for.
I want to play a game where I earn money reinvest it earn more and be rich as fuck so that I can afford everything and am finally bored of it.

>70% off
you mean 70% bonus off, aka its fucking nothing

No.
Closest thing i found was "flight sim economy" but its very "grindy".

You can fly however you want, whenever you want, you can speed up the game to skip the boring parts. None of that autistic shit unless you want to.

Take on Helicopters is a good one, if you're willing to put up with a game that's a bit bare-bones

And yes, it warrants a spoiler-tag, because it's closely related to Arma

fundamentally, that's not what simulators are for, and that's not what they're designed for.
ETS/ATS are outliers of the genre, economies are very rare.

Well but this is what I am looking for.
Where to go for that juicy economy booty?

economy plays into simulators as an aspect of operating the machine, not in making business decisions. Lets look at it in terms of airplanes.
I place myself into role of a pilot working under the guise of a management team. Management chooses the airplane, cities, and departure time for the trip. I simulate this by choosing my preferred aircraft, origin/destination, and simulator time. My job as the pilot is to make choices which maximize the profit for that trip. I choose the best route between points, I load the most valuable payload (cargo or pax) and carry only enough gas to complete the flight safely. I safely operate the aircraft without causing damage, overstress, or excessive wear on engines and other parts. And I make a safe smooth landing at the destination.
I care very much about money, but I don't count dollars while I'm running planes.

check out Transport Fever, it looks really good. THF sim's aren't for you.

But I want to drive/fly myself in a kinda realistic way.

only thing I can think of is ETS/ATS, or as someone else mentioned FS Economy.. but I hear that isn't really what you want.
sorry man.

don't let it die you fuckers

DCS Su-22 and Syrian Civil War campaign when?

Why bother keeping it alive? 99% of the time there is zero discussion, so why bother? I've tried time and time again to keep it alive, but it's obvious nobody else is interested, so fuck it. Let it die.

I know there's going to be at least 1 SOH serve that's just MiG-21's dropping nukes on the Middle East

>No Su-25 Syrian Civil War campaign
>No Mi-8 Syrian Civil War campaign (barrel bombing and misc stuff)
>No Su-35

>you're the guy that needs an economy system to motivate him?
Hi.

>FS Economy
You can run a business in FSE but you will have to find other people to fly for you and make money.

Try FSE, its literally the only thing thats even remotely close to what you want. Its free, xplane and planes are "free" too. Sometimes you pay with your chrome passwords...

I was interested in a ecosims but everyone tells to fuck off.
One said my moma keeps rats in her vulva. :(

>barrel bombing
I doubth there is official documentation on the procedure so its unlikely to be in DCS ever.
no_fun_allowed.jpg

>you will never ever ever fly a jet this dope out of an airbase so brutal

>no provisions for your arab buddies in the back rolling the fucker out the open door in the air
>you'll never get to even simulate what it would be like to have the weight released from your overburdened chopper as you desperately shitbomb jihadists on behalf of your beleaguered government
shit sucks man

>unironically considering "flying" for a VIRTUAL AIRLINE
>VIRTUAL
>AIRLINE

>being THIS casual

I'd be keen for a DCS ETS-style mod.

Now, if only the mad Russians of ED would allow it...

we really need to flesh out Helo ops in NTTR. I was browsing Google map, and there are helicopter operators EVERYWHERE around Vegas..

>DCS ETS-style mod
what would that look like?

Shit, most likely. Military machines are designed to kill, not churn a profit.
UH-1 and Mi-8 are probably the only exceptions.

What other modules even matter?

Hog

Amazon Laser Guided Deliveries when?

so what are the rules for when it decides to archive? is there a time limit between posts per board, or does it have to be the last thread in the catalog for X minutes
>what's the least effort way to bump simg?

>10 pages of threads
>last post bumps the thread to the top of first page
>no posts, slides down
>reaches end of page 10, fucks off
seems like the same person cant bump twice in a row, you can just shitpost to keep it up but some autist may report you

Just add wings to anime tiddies

What joysticks/throttles are you all using for ww2 sims? I have an old thrustmaster, but am looking to upgrade a bit

Why would your stick need to be only for WW2? I use a second hand x52, but I haven’t gotten into WW2 sims

I only play ww2 sims, modern air doesn't really interest me.

T-I-G-E-R-S

>deded again

I work for an aviation company. Some little faggot that worked for us briefly - not aircrew - would come in every day and do cockpit selfies, now he's started a virtual airline and tells people in bars he's an aviation mogul.

youtu.be/yryke1cqK_o
Best sim soundtrack

I would make a mod like that but every time i try to get into it my dick shrinks to unimaginable size and i just lose all motivation.

Hes probably a very happy boy...

ive posted this issue before to no avail but i figure ill try again

xplane11 reverses the winds 180degrees when youre on the ground or in the air. when on the ground its reversed. what i mean by that is that you use opposite rudder than you would expect based on the windsock. however as soon as the wheels leave the ground the winds go back to normal. it makes taking off and landing really aggravating. flying a real airplane is easier. i deleted all of my xplane files and reinstalled it, still has the same issue

wtf is with this game?

THe VKB gladiator is a barebones WW2 stick for the most part, only about a hundred bucks not a bad investment if thats all you play. Idk if anyone makes a WW2 throttle. Would proabbly just have to go with a ch throttle quadrant for mixture and prop pitch and such.

That's a sexy stick. VKB stuff looks so much better than saitek / logitech. Is the build quality proportional to the appearance?

you're likely misunderstanding what's happening. give us a specific example
>this is not unusual

Is this the over modeled weathervaning I hear about? What aircraft is this happening in?

I don't have one personally but from what I read yes. They aren't mass produced on the level of saitek or logitech and don't cater to the "space sim" crowd with fucking RGB, bright colors, and stupid designs.

Is NTTR worth it for any module or is it just PAYING FOR SAND? Now that 2.5 is almost realized, having more places to fly might be fun

>su-27

occurs in all aircrafts im always using the match real world weather conditions. im talking a very light 5knot crosswind and you can see the windsock saying that the wind is going left however your aircraft is drifting right when taxiing

i promise its an issue. if i pull up to the windsock its very obvious

That's normal. Also, it helps greatly to stop thinking about where the wind is going TO, but where the wind is coming FROM. This is an important concept in aviation.

you see guys, this is why I like simg
in other forums, I'm studying and learning about complex shit like ignition analysis
I come here to help some user learn how the wind works

dude i have my PPL, the games not functioning right.

One of my nightmares is being forced to learn about shit im not even remotely intrested in and ill never ever have to use irl
I dont understand engineers and designers, they spend a fuckton of time doing boring shit and they rarely get to use their creations

>first time playing DCS world
>jump in tutorial
>look around
>mouse leaves the game window because I have more than one monitor
pls help a brainlet

>im always using the match real world weather conditions.
I don't play Xplane but just a theory - is it possible that for some reason it's placing a surface wind layer and then one immediately above it and they're opposed? Can you set weather static and see if it does the same thing?

there are exceptions, depends on what line of work you follow.

like set it with no wind or set it with only one layer of wind?

Set it with one layer of wind - for the sake of the experiment you may as well make it 90 degree crosswind at whatever the crosswind limit of the aircraft is to exaggerate it - and see if it does it in a controlled test, so you know if it's something fucking weird about how it handles wind itself, or if it's just that it places the weather badly.

will report back after eating

I have a physical copy of FSX deluxe edition I got back in the 2000's, what can I do with it? Can I upgrade it to the steam edition? Is it any good?

Great tip, thanks man

One of two things I fully understand is the wind. The other is all things that make the children cry

>not having a technically challenging job and being able to relax and read the day's posts in simg
I honestly pity everyone who does not know this joy

My copy still runs great. Install that shit.

it probably has to do with the ground contact model then.. the tires are sliding when they should be able to handle a side-load of 5 knots against the vertical stab +rudder

tick tock tick tock tick tock

You didnt help anyone you pretentious piece of shit

Le bumpé

WHOOP WHOOP PULL UP WHOOP WHOOP PULL UP WHOOP WHOOP PULL UPWHOOP WHOOP PULL UP WHOOP WHOOP PULL UP TOO LOW TERRAIN TO LOW TERRAIN TO LOW TERRAIN TO LOW TERRAIN TO LOW TERRAIN

RADAR FAILURE
HYDRAULIC FAILURE
M-L-W-S FAILURE

where, what forums you lying fruit

BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE

We do operations at lowish levels in an aircraft with EGPWS; when the pilots forget to switch off the warnings from it and we approach terrain or the water, it yells TOO LOW, GEAR, which in our operation is universally known as "Too low, BEER," cos it's their round at the bar if it happens.

>being THIS autistic

*crashes

I really want a harrier module, but shit man razbam are fucking garbo, what is their rep like in fsx/p3d?

PULL UP NIGGA PULL UP NIGGA PULL UP NIGGA PULL UP NIGGAPULL UP NIGGA PULL UP NIGGAPULL UP NIGGA PULL UP NIGGA

Just wait for the Harrier to improve, the Mirage is pretty much fine by now. Even if there's a better Harrier in some other sim it hardly matters since it'll have shit weapons and fuckall to use them against.

At this point we should take Sea of Thieves as a boat sim. It really has a better looking/feeling sailing than most boat sim, even if it isn't one.

so we let it die ? this is it ?