/AG/ - Artifact Genera

Looks like it is time to get this started.
Best basic rundown of the game: pcgamer.com/artifact-guide/

Any other Beta players in here?

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/games/artifact/b/pc/archive/2018/03/09/how-do-you-play-it-and-how-will-you-pay-for-it.aspx
streamable.com/p6brs
streamable.com/wg2db
youtube.com/watch?v=mERhtoD21rU
arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/03/valves-making-games-again-hands-on-with-artifact-digital-trading-cards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do we really need a general already?

I have been waiting too long. I need this. NDA is killing me and I wanna talk about the game!

Some new gameplay videos: gameinformer.com/games/artifact/b/pc/archive/2018/03/09/how-do-you-play-it-and-how-will-you-pay-for-it.aspx

That looks amazing.

Tell more about game,

AMA

streamable.com/p6brs
streamable.com/wg2db

So disapointed with the overall design
Very unispired and generic. Even the fake leak looks miles better

That is a ugly cluttered card.

when are you all gonna start streaming the game

We are all waiting on the word. We got told NDA is dropping soon but they are working on a final version of what we are allowed to show during streams. The game is in a VERY unbalanced state right now so streaming it might make it look kind of bad.

what's up with those pathing cards, what do they do

Those show where the target is going to attack. They can attack forwards, to their right, or to their left. This is picked randomly for each unit each turn.
You get shown their target before the action phase so you can deal with it accordingly.

Is there anything in particular that's really cool and hasn't been mentioned anywhere so far?

Mostly all the interesting combos of cards, heroes, and items you can come up with.

We are seeing people run 2-1-2, 3-1-1, 4-0-1, etc all kinds of line ups. Trump has been trying to do a all Black mega roamer deck that jumps around like ninjas and ganks all the lanes constantly to build up a ton of gold and pile on huge items.

do you have any good tips for beginner players

how am i supposed to become the future world champion when all you guys get such a huge head start

If you are not already a pro level player in another card game you won't be a pro level player in artifact.

ouch

so when does this shit get released?

Closed Beta with no NDA is likely starting in about a month. No idea on open beta. But we have been told to expect a influx of players next month. Right now it takes 10~ mins to find a match so we need more people.

Tell us more about Kanna/Kona. How's her voice? What are her abilities?

She is not in the beta yet, sorry.

looks very cool, hope they go open beta soon

Okay. How can I give you a blowjob for an invite when Valve allows you to send them?

I don't have any invites yet and once I do the first 50~ are already promised.

Well screw you then. I wasn't going to suck your short gross dick anyway.

It's probably brown and full of blemishes too, isn't it?
But hey, maybe if you stop playing games so much, eat healthy and hit the gym you might actually be able to see it when it's flaccid.

There are Red, Green, Blue, and Black, and I understand that Red, Green, and Blue refer to Str, Agi, and Int heroes, but what does Black refer to?

Black is Sneaky/Ganking/Stealing/Etc.
A lot of burst damage, lane moving, avoidance cards.

You do realize you haven't even been useful to provide us with information, right?

I mean, everything you said here can be found on the articles that are covering Artifact.
One day you're going to realize your "friends" only pretend to like you because you have some relevance in the Dota 2 scene and that nobody really cares about your boring ass.

Just die already and stop being a waste of the world's resources.

youtube.com/watch?v=mERhtoD21rU
The Gaben presentation

tl;dr?

Artifact is not a TV Show.

how is hte game played what are the cards heroes /spells/creeps etc?

heroes are from dota and whatever new ones they make.

There are also heroes which aren't in Dota, and may eventually go there.

Maybe we'll see Gambler in there.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/03/valves-making-games-again-hands-on-with-artifact-digital-trading-cards/

this is probably the best one so far.

should call it /artg/ because autists search for the abbreviation instead of the name of the game.

we still need a copy pasta for the main post.

New news.

Sounds like Garfield was looking to get his new game published and Gabe offered him the chance to make what he wanted. Seems this is a card game that happens to use Dota IP in place of a Dota Card Game.

I mean, I like a lot of Garfield's games, so I have high hopes for this, even if I had no hopes when it was announced.

Wasn't there a poll to decide the abreviation? I remember /artg/ winning by a lot.

I hope this shitty game fails and Gaben dies.

Tell me about the crow guy. Why does he wear the necklace?

Gotta love how he casually drops nukes.

>Theres gonna be a million dollars tournament next year
>Nothing's gonna be free
>Richard Garfield is lead design

Everything with the same unispired voice.

>general for a game that doesn't exist
>general for a game that won't even have the playerbase to maintain a general when it does come out
Face it, valve fucked up literally everything they could about this. It isn't free to play, so there goes like 90% of your audience. It isn't easy and intuititve so there goes the rest of the casuals willing to pay money for something to play. It will be a TCG, aka you can buy individual cards. Which is BY DEFINITION pay 2 win. I don't know how this could be much worse honestly. Also the art looks like uninspired trash, as boring as gwent.

when can I actually play?
its a digital card game
with trading

thats all i wanted in the past 5 years
fuck all these retarded no-trading-keep-buying-packs-to-dust-to-get-the-cards-you-want-goy games

is the art going to be changed or is it going to stay in the same style
because it doesnt look very good

I'm going to ask you, have you ever played the online pokemon tcg? They have a marketplace there too for digital goods. Do you know what meta rare cards go for? 40-60 booster packs of some recent expansion. If you want a set, that is 4 cards, you need to pay over 100 booster packs. This is what you're going to get in this game. If it has any volume it will be 10x worse because of greedy faggots. Enjoy being able to "trade" your worthless creep cards that no one will buy anyways, and having to spend 1000 dollars on a meta deck. Also "no rotation" lmao fucking hearthstone also had no rotation the first 2 years either because there were barely any cards. They will either make a banlist or rotation for balance. Your card gets banned? Hope you enjoy have a nice pink wojak collection because this will be you every time your 100 dollar VIRTUAL card goes to 2 cents

>banning cards in a digital card game
if anything they nerf it, and sure that might tank the value
but maybe just maybe that card can get buffed again

>might tank the value
It WILL tank the value. Worst of all, if theres no way to acquire cards besides opening boosters or buying from the marketplace, thats it. You have nothing and will be able to exchange it for nothing. Enjoy buying more packs for a game you paid money to own. Don't say I didn't warn you about the dangers of TCG.

nah but I've played yugioh and made bank back in the day going from garage sale to garage sale building up a huge collection of yugioh cards when i was a wee lad and selling stuff

Why do you think you understand the economy format more than everyone working on the game at Valve?

>how do you understand the most basic principle of all economic transactions, supply and demand
>card games function off artificial scarcity
>cards that are good have high demand
>players who want meta decks will need to buy from the artificially low supply pool as set by valve
>they spend money on packs hoping to get lucky or pay someone else who has opened it
>card gets changed to be worse
>demand drops
>value as set by market drops
I cannot believe there people this retarded on this board. Like holy shit are you unironically 14 and never had a single econ class?

whoops i didnt mean to say might there
>nothing will be free
do you really believe that? newell didnt say anything like that at all
pretty sure there would be an ingame currency to buy boosters and what not

If theres an in game currency to buy boosters, extremely likely, then you're basically the same as every other free to play card game. Except without being free.

/hsg/ is laughing at us AGAIN bros.....

Let me just roll a dice on how much emotional. Damage i take from that.
Oh turned out to be a one...
Guess i dont really give a shit huh...

even /svg/ is making fun of us bros......

We'd stop laughing at you if you delusional cucks would stop shitting up hsg. We already have sniff me poster to do that, and atleast he posts hot anime chicks. You guys don't even have that

/svg/ here. Cancel the game and nobody gets hurt.

what the fuck bros

>valve game
>there are people who think it'll be able to compete with the superior CCG that is hearthstone
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Why did you post a jaina cosplay? Are you from hsg too?

Yeah, like Dota can't compete with HotS?

She's MAI WAIFU so BACK OFF?!?!?!?!

/svg/ here
nice game dotards

How will be the rng factor on this thing?

y-you too

>3 lanes
>various items
>talent trees and abilities
Looking forward to the first meta report guys.

Looking through that press report gaben gave I am under the impression that gaben is now senile and has forgotten how literally every game works. There's no other explanation for how stupid the shit he says sounds

How can people from /hsg/ even complain about Artifacts UI?

Hearthstone's visuals are absolutely atrocious.

Well, at least you don't need three separate monitors to play HS.

I'm interested in this game as a Magic player because ShadorthStoneverse were too limited in design space to be interesting. I'm interested in the idea of an ambitious game that does the things I enjoy about proper TCGs correctly, such as a proper trading economy, interesting mechanics, and non-casualized systems. They can also introduce new mechanics that a digital card game can do that physical card games can't easily do, which was supposed to be an advantage of HearthstoneVerse but those games ended up having shit systems anyway.

Best of all the designer is Richard Garfield and he's the chad counterpart to the betas Kimura and Brode.

Wow, this game looks like utter shit.

>working with Richard Garfield
Yup, this game is going to something. I have read and listen to some of his talk in GDC. This guy knows how to make/design card games.

looks vey confusing. I don't see it replacing hearthstone which is more accessable.

>tfw too smart to play Hearthstone or Shadowverse

>tfw too dumb to play Artifact

Is this a good game to make friends ?

Read through this thread
is this who you want to be friends with?

Talking about this. I hope Artifact has a chat function for you and your opponent to communicate.

>bluff your opponent you have lethal
>they didn't buy it and destroy you
I hope it's true

I want it because all other ccg (except that shitty pokemon one) doesn't have a chat function. With chat it feels more like a gamestop experience.

I think it looks amazing

>as boring as gwent.
You wot? Gwent's art is amazing.

>3 boards

Won't it be too tedious?

i doubt the game is going to last more than 5 turns, so eh.

/gwt/ here. I second this

/gwt/ still exist?

Why did gwent die?

They fucked up big time
Paying for the game while also having to pay for cardpacks while your game looks like an inferior, poor version of Hearthstone with even shittier art

Why would anyone choose this over Hearthstone?
This isn't even dead on arival, this is worse than that

buying the game probably gives you packs equivalent to the cost of the game