/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iul03tekm78
famitsu.com/news/201803/09153407.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

memes

Any XX rooms?

Daily reminder that if you're waiting for Monster Hunter World PC, you can play p3rd or fu or others with ppsspp and hunsterverse.

How to build for Decimation Claws?

DNA of the soul

ebin

>"people" in this thread use HHs that aren't Bazel

Would you give my cat a high five?

just made an unga blade. what do i do and what skills?

>my best solo regular nerg is 6 minutes

THE SHAPE OUR WILL

nah

Any room? Want to multiplayer :3

Stack more attack and crit and stagger and knock him down every other hit.

GRUG WANT BIG SMASH
BIG NUMBER MAKE GRUG NOT MAD

This is bullshit. I should have 100% damage reduction. Blessing level 3, 3 defence augmentation, max armor, and level 7 defence.

elemental resistance is also a thing

Who's a really good Twitch streamer/Youtube walkthrough person I can watch tear through the game to get a better sense of how it's played at high levels?

cantaperme

Just play yourself idiot

WE3
AB7
CB3
DA2
Do what you want with any level 1 slots you got maybe stack some QoL skills or more dragon attack agitator is also good depending on your leg piece and arm pieces

Anyone got a good idea for augments?

Just picked up Bow after getting bored of Switch Axe. Am I doing something wrong? It took me 12 minutes to kill the Jyurtadus with the Tobi Kadachi Bow, doesn't seem like a very good time. I'm using mostly charged shots into the spread shots. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Are status ailment gunlances worth making? Like para/sleep/poison? Looking to make something that isn't just another elementless weapon, and I sort of want to give gunlance a go at the same time. Any advice?

Nah your cat got some fake ass weave and looks like a thot

bone is superior

Injectively incorrect.

Would pass the controller too.

Cap Up, Artillery 3, Focus
After that just stack attack/raw

Wiggler hat was a fucking mistake
>friend wont' stop using it
>he thinks he's doing the team a favor with it's natural wide range sharing a shitty amount of health

Can someone give me a cookie cutter build for divine slasher and an armor set for long sword please

Wrongo boyo
Bone has higher raw thanks to elementless
More room for attack augmentations
AuL/XL song just like boozle

But on top of all that you get a song that is literally 3x T+O notes.
T+O is your best attack after recitals.
Now you can build a song using your best attacks without sacrificing dps for recitals

>get investigation versus Bazel, Dodo and Azure Rath for 45,000z
>have 5 lucky tickets
>450,000z by the end of 5 hunts
>3 Rathalos Rubies, 1 Bazel Gem and tons of other materials

It's not much, but it feels so satisfying being able to do that on my own. It feels like I've done something substantial. This game is fucking great.

>Divine Shitter
Imperial Shimmer is better.

>Being an anti fun faggot
It looks funny and stands out among the world of eyepatch

I'm thinking about giving Hunting Horn a chance, but don't know where to start. Are there any particular Horns I should aim for?

it's okay if arena is too hard for you user

not according to TAs fag

>1 week of farming anjanath
>STILL no gem
Any save editor/cheat engine out there?

>thinking raw matters
>thinking T+O spam is optimal
Uhh....

Are you doing investigations?

Augments are moot since they will have the same base raw after augments but elementless is a real advantage. It doesn't make up for the disadvantage of looking like a piece of shit though.

whats red shield? where you do 3 charged slashes and unload them into shield?

1. Do investigations. Not Optional quests. Do the ones with as many gold boxes as possible.
2. I'm sure you've done Limited Bounties, so use that Gold Ticket for a gem.

Shoulda done The Proving when it was out, quest has 16% to give a gem as a quest reward.
oh so youre one of those fags that ignore numbers and say whatever you're currently using is the best because you said so, alrighty carry on

Yeah, sometimes when they appear or when someone posts one. I mostly just do regular quests though.

Not the user you responded but do you use the Imperial Shimmer? Do you just go with blast attack or do you try to get any set bonuses?

Thanks dawg

Fu

>He doesn't exclusively listen to vocaloid tracks while grinding monhun
Explain yourself, plebs

>Managed to get platinum when it was still rarity 0.46%
I guess I really went full retard with this one huh

>flow chart isn't even set up right
Funny if it was on purpose.

So what's the best way to go about fighting Lavasioth? I'm a Lance user.

I used a water element lance on it and it kept bouncing off of its legs. What can I do to remove that bouncing property?

fuck cookie cutter and go spooky with the spooky sword

What the other user said. If Diablos, don't forget NEB. Guard1 seems to help general blocks and Guard Points.

dont have microsoft office suite 2018 on my macbook, sorry

I grew out of vocaloid 7 years ago.

>vocaloid
youtube.com/watch?v=Iul03tekm78

Only do investigations when hunting for gems trust me it's the best way to get what you need. You can change the target monster in SoS and do only ajanath ones. Unless you have your own investigations this is the easiest way to get the gem.

oof! ill give it a try.

GL is decent for status since guard stabbing procs it quick. Sleep is limited in usefulness since GL isn't amazing for wakeups and you get 4 megabombs before having to restock, poison I've not really tried or given a chance, but I've used Deathfang and para's good for GL since against mobile monsters you get a solid chunk of time to fullburst the shit out of them without having to chase constantly.

I'm heterosexual

Blast + Crit Status meme build.
I have both and kill faster with Shimmer than Divine. Divine is only optimal in solo TAs where the monster sits in your face 24/7 and dies before your mantle expires. Shimmer's blast outpaces Divine's raw in normal 4-8 minute fights.

Swap to GL for that fight and blast his shit. Pretty sure shelling melts his armor. Either way you do true damage if you can't melee it.

Hold Circle->Tri+Circle for bash->Hold Circle->R2+Circle for charge->Tri+Circle ungabunga until you start to charge an SAED->R2 for Elemental Roundslash (transfers charge to shield).

Wow I finally got tempered Elder Dragon investigations, I don't see an ID so I'll put a server up myself:

ID = 3K8i4rFbX3hw

>power on console excited that I will finally get to take down Jho and make his big dick raw GS with dragon element locked
>it's nothing

o-oh okay

It's not, but I use it a lot because it's cool and blast is fun, plus works nice with a master's touch set.

As said I grew out of Vocaloids years ago, now I listen to 2hu. Besides, there's only so many Gumi songs that aren't shit.

Do you mind posting your build with decos and shit? Also, why not got for the other blast LS like Zorah's and Bagel?

What makes Bazel's the best HH, is it just the song list

It is better for normal runs though. Divine is only optimal for TAs that end before your mantlr expires or if the fight takes longer than 10 minutes. Both situations are in the minority.

That's what you get for getting hyped up like a retard

ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO MULTI XENO HOLY FUCKING SHIT
AND SOLOING TAKES 20+ MINUTES
FUCK THIS CANCER SHIT
FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT CAPCOM DIE DIE DIE

Did they make nergigante easier from beta?
Haven't seen him spam divebomb and his attacks never hit and he just stands there half the time.

Song list + Damage + Blast + Style.

Hold up. Let me boot my black Sony box.

It's slightly worse than a fully upgraded Bone Horn, but it's a hell of a lot better looking.

I have finally obtained a Guard decoration, which means I finally have almost every decoration in the game to its full skill amount.

The only ones I'm missing are:

(R5) Muck Resistance
(R8) Mushroomancer
(R8) Capacity Boost
(R8) Focus
(R7) Stamina Surge
(R8) Free Elem/Ammo Up

Are any of these worth staying in 1.04 for?
Am I going to regret it if I update before getting them and losing the chance of needing only one to get a max skill amount of them?

Both have negative affinity and worse sharpness. Bagel gets white too, but much less.

what a surprisingly fun weapon

Use Nerg's shotgun.
I kill him in 5 minutes solo with that shit and multi never takes longer than 15.

Why do people think fortify is a bad skill? Isn't it literally one of the best after you faint? Damage + Defence seems pretty godlike.

maybe because they like, i dunno, dont cart?

transmog when?

Because it requires a cart, ya dingus. It can be fine for a solo rapid forced double cart, though.

Maybe good on an expedition.

Any skill where you have to be bad for it to be good, is not good.

how much faster is charging with focus?
do you get to red from just one charged circle combo?

here you go, i had to go to buy an apple computer, digital purchase microsoft office suite 2018 from the microsoft online store and go to starbucks and order a macchiato

but i upgraded my flowhcart just for you

it's better to eat for felyne heroics if you're going that route.

it gives more attack and it doesn't stack with heroics.

Charged O into Triangle will always give you red combo.

>ever since the event wasn't Jho these threads have died

Did capcom just shoot themselves in the foot?

how do you kill kirrin? do i have to solo him? ive been trying for an hour now and everyone keeps dying and failing it.

I know this flowchart is shitposting but it is sad how this is p much all you need to perform well with CB in MHW
I wish people would stop overhyping this weapon as some complicated beast, when really its no more complicated than LS or SA.

famitsu.com/news/201803/09153407.html

Answer this survey people, specifically for MHW.

your best chance is solo since everyone who joins via sos is a guaranteed shitter

20+ Thunder resist, Thunderproof Mantle, solo him and take it slow. Just watch for openings, poke him a few times and repeat. He has a pretty small health pool in solo and he's just a retard check for people trying to ungabunga him over and over.

go solo

use a gun

The song list is the shittier thing about it, since there’s two superior Attack Boost lists.

>use a gun
Why did this make me laugh

You need miasma resistance dawg, it's essential.