Art thread

The last few have been lewd and modern so let's dedicate this one to classical and romantic art devoid of vulgarity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYh3NX2ymJc&list=PLqJmQZgy9f_exMmM9uinxHDTdTr4PisyC&index=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>0 posts
Really makes you think, huh?

>that
>not lewd and vulgar
user, I...

Let's try to shoot for the moon, before we try terraforming Mars, user.

Let's at least try to get a thread that isn't people posting the same shit.

Also, for anyone legitimately interested in art itself, John Walsh is doing his yearly fall lecture series on Rembrandt.

youtube.com/watch?v=HYh3NX2ymJc&list=PLqJmQZgy9f_exMmM9uinxHDTdTr4PisyC&index=4

If it ain't fappable you ain't gonna get much attention.

I've seen such unspeakable things when I was in Thailand that seeing the lady on the right hold the cigarette between her legs triggered a terrible memory. It's not going to be easy to suppress it again, but I don't blame you. Just figured I'd tell you what you've done.

I think Ballerinas are cute

Are illustrators allowed?

No, but I'll allow it

Very nice

>devoid of vulgarity
>Shows picture of two men kissing.

I'm not going to post vulgarity. I'm going to post beauty.

Is there a specific name for the art that has all the spooky skellingtons that represent death or the plague hanging around in the pictures? I love those paintings.

how on earth do you carve such delicate frills on the edge of her shroud

wow

Danse Macabre, or Memento mori more generally

like this?

>cigarette
look again
also,
>triggered, tell you what you've done
no

THANK YOU

It's supposed to be two dudes fighting, with one attempting to take a chunk out of the other guy's neck. But, it does look very homoerotic.

That ain't a cigarette, user. It's the end of the lace she's doing up.

Fall of the Damned, Rubens

L E W D
E
W
D

Vanitas?

So Cain really was a vampire?

>ginger
Checks out

Very his and very Byzaboo, Russiaboo at the same time.

Let my ridiculous mistake speak for the impression made on me by what I saw.

Yall niggas need Leyendecker in your life

Post something that isn't 19th century you plebs.

Already have, phampai Have another Rubens on me

I went to see that in the summer and it just blew me away

>I've seen such unspeakable things when I was in Thailand
Please tell us in great detail.

Le Serment des Horaces, Jacques-Louis David, France 1784

And Rockwell, too

storytime user

Will I get memed upon for unironically posting Magritte?

I don't want to talk about it. I almost lost the woman I was dating because of it all. It taught me what it meant to feel total dejection. I'll leave you to use your imagination in trying to think of what it could have been that involved a cigarette between the legs of a Thai woman. Besides, it is too depraved a topic for a thread devoted to beauty.

The way Leyendecker lays out colors so planarly reminds me of Dirck van Baburen, whose works I can't post because of image size

She smoked using her vaj?

>the woman I was dating
>was
So it didn't work out anyway. You're a melodramatic fuck. Just tell the story.

In a word, yes.

>You're a melodramatic fuck.

Would you insult a man born without an arm for being deformed? The clay from which I was formed was far more sensitive than I would have asked for. To consider that a woman can be reduced to such degradation, such forsaken depravity so as to defile that holy organ by which a man is made, and only for the pleasure of some spectators, sickened my very spirit. But what is worse was the fact that I was among the few who were present. Her desperate maneuver would not have been conducted if my friends and I were not there, curious to find the cause of the infamy and notoriety such foul corners have earned for themselves.

To one desensitized by the horrors found on the internet, it might sound as if it were nothing. But I am sensitive and could not bear to see a creation of God, a descendent of Eve, ruin herself for scanty claps and baht. The cigar was one of many acts she indulged in with her coworkers, all while wearing the sort of grin one would find portrayed on the withered faces of the veteran practitioners of vice given to us by De Sade. He would have found much inspiration in such houses.