/bbg/ - Bloodborne general

Grand lake of mud edition.

Cucked: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced releasing May 25
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free to claim to PS+ members for the month

>Links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.pn

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg (embed)
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png (embed)
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png (embed)
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UcfWCIi1vMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

me

PURGE FILTH

Ah kos

Ringing

#
Ok thanks

#
I don’t really understand the chalice dungeons (if that’s what you are talking about) very well I have only been in the first one I made

I don't want to use bloodletter though

Like another user said you can add 28-30 str for BIG GUNS and a shockingly good untricked bloodletter

AWAY AWAY

What the FUCK is going on with the frame rate drops during PvP? I know people always had this this issue, but I never did to this extent, especially when I was playing a month back

Different user, I'm nearing completion on a 50/25 Str/Blt concoction. No, I didn't get the numbers backwards.
How good of a Bloodletter could I use, and in what form?

Dark Souls 3 is better

Not nearly as good as a bloodtinge-focused one. Your untricked letter will be excellent but the moveset is limited and somewhat clumsy. Your tricked letter will be shit.

You know it

What if I went like 25 SKL/50 BLT for Chikage, would the untricked damage be any good?

I’M SO FUCKING MAD AT THIS POST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh hey look, it's one enemy from the game with more depth and complexity than any of shitborne's 17000 guys with torches

Neat opinion, thanks for sharing.

Northern europe gent, ringing with pass chucky at the fishing hamlet lantern, set to worldwide?

You don't use the untricked form, it's just there to be there. Damage is lackluster compared to the tricked form.

Untricked Chikage hits like a wet noodle and manages to somehow have an even worse moveset than tricked. So no, the damage would be terrible.

I wouldn’t advise that. 40/40 is workable and viable though. Memelords will tell you untricked Chikage is garbage and to not use it but it’s fast and great at setting up trick attacks, and adds variety to constant unzipping, which DOES get boring.

Not him but the pass was chunky

>spend 5min picking off a gank-babby's bum buddies trapped in a room
>they all have DLC weapons
>murder them
>ah now it's just you and me
>pulls plug
Name something worse.

That 40/40 SKL/BLT?

For the honor of Cainhurst.

Right thanks. typed wrong here but correctly in the game. Still waiting though

yes, ringing now

>imagine continuing on with your bland spelunk lifestyle while all this fresh meat roams the land

at lighthouse lamp* forgot to mention

Right. And that’s assuming you plan on capping around BL100. If you go to 110-120 or beyond you can take both up to 50.

youtube.com/watch?v=UcfWCIi1vMg

Give me advice on mostly pure strength and maybe Arc build for holy moon. Bl is 41 Str 25, Ski 10, and Arc 11. What secondary stat should I lvl up if I’m looking to use mostly Str weapons? I want my endgame ones to be the Pizza cutter, wheel, and maybe Holy moon blade. I don’t know if I it’s worth lvling Arcane just for the blade through, is it?

I've done that build before, and you get a Bowblade that hits like a truck in both forms.
The original idea was to make a good Rifle Spear. Take it from me, never touch it.

I was going to stop at 98, so which origin? Is it always Professional?

I used Noble Scion when I did mine.
40 Vit, 9 End, 10 Str, 40 Skl, 40 Blt, 9 Arc
9 End may be a pain, but you learn around it. I also used two Anti-Clocks, so that helped immensely.

Alright ringing there now

>get invaded with someone with wheel
>pull out a wheel of my own
>they return to their own world

Cancer?

Sorry m8 I unadvertedly cucked you.

This looks good to me: . I normally wouldn’t advise 9 end but you really don’t need much with blt weapons and skl weapons for that matter. Rifle Spear is fun in its own way but user’s right, it’s hot trash.

I died like an idiot though, so maybe you'll get a second chance.

ds3 isn't better even than ds2 lmao

50 STR/ 25 ARC

Arcane will give you a better HMLS, a better wheel, and access to quite a few tools, though their damage won’t be great. Skl will give you a bit more damage on many strength weapons. I’d go with the arcane.

Guy who posted that build here
I really should fully gem my Chikage, I brought it to +10 after all. Is that spread good for Normal or Lost?

ringing again

I have a normal Chikage on my 40/40 because I use both forms. Lost obviously gives you a free circle slot which will bump up your tricked damage but will gimp untricked to the point of it being truly worthless.

Any early/mid game triangle gems for a fire cane?

Does this games bosses have the largest health pools out of all the souls series? Im spending like 3 minutes to take out a 1/4 of bloodstarved beasts bar. really not fun at all spamming r1s for 5 minutes only to get one-shot because i fucked up once.

Good, Normal is the one that has a Blood Rock.
Weapon and stats?

try equipping a weapon maybe

Rifle Spear or Chikage?

no

Chikage, don't touch the Rifle Spear. I tried, I failed.

level 15
my +2 spear does like 40 damage per r1.played every souls game and no bosses were as spongy and tedious as this.

How do I optimize Blades of Mercy? So far such a shit weapon. Easily the least fun I had with a new build.

Strafe left and be aggressive. Use fire paper and BBP if you have them

Is it a pain to get an uncanny cane? I don't know what I'd need to do but I'm on layer 2 of the first chalice.

Could I use the wheel/HLMS effectively with 25 Str and 40 Arc?

ive been strafing left and i can avoid 95% of his attacks. but I just get exhausted after 5 straight minutes of r1s and i slip up once and die.

Never understood this. BoM performs amazingly for me and it’s my favorite way to start the game. Use all the moves, they have great modifiers.

actually nevermind there’s a nourishing 9% triangle in iosefka’s cave in forbidden woods which you can get after amelia

Where are my spelunk bros at? Hostan' an FRC first reply decides the type.

1-3 Ihyll
4-6 Loran
7-9 Isz
0 Sinister (with the preceding digit deciding type)

You're probably underleveled dude. Still, use your fire papers for bonus damage, throw oil and then molotovs, you can also throw Pungent Blood Cocktail on a corner to get a free backstab and visceral.

cuck

I'll roll for you. Mind you, I'm not coming.

Want help?

Noted. I'm delaying Amelia but maybe I'll just go ahead unless she's resist to fire.

Dash R1, and transformed R2 is amazing but I feel like everyone at 45 BL is outdamaging me.

>underleveled on the 2nd boss

See
Leggo, glyph is 7mxq9wpe pass will be pthu4you

Most first timers fight BSB at 28 - 34 ish.

Am I the only one that clears the entirety of Central Yharnam with every new file? It’s too fun to skip

Albatross and Ygorl, where you at?

Full?

I'm right here.

FULL. Invader's get at us

Nah, I'm cool.

>invaders please come so me and my bum buddies can kill you
wew tempting

Anyone up for isz? Pass is grog.

Switching characters, not feeling blt at the moment

I only need to have done the regular great Isz chalices or the other ones too?

I'm just doing the story one. You should be able to join.

Ok was about to blank you.

He ran into the fog, left his buddies to die a fiery death outside. Now he's sitting behind the fog, looking at me, sending me messages in French.

Is it better to have 50 Vit or 50 in a weapon stat, if you can only choose one.

I would pick the weapon stat every single time.

why does nobody on /bbg/ use the rakuyo?

nvm, i need to go for now. when i get back if you still need help, then count me in

Thomas what layer are you on?

>cutting down the hot doggo with cold unzip steel
Best boss in the game desu

Layer 1 bonus room. GOW, heading back now.

it has extreme phantom range in pvp

sorry kot, I was killing the boss to stop invaders spawning

Layer 2 now, boss was hotdog. Kudos to the Bloodletter invader; I need to learn that moveset. Made that mediocre layer worthwhile.

>Consider myself a mediocre player
>Get to Ludwig
>Scared shitless because of all the rumors
>Almost beat him on my third try, eventually win on the fifth
>Didn't really find the fight that difficult
Did I get memed or am I just grossly overleveled? 98

You're not my prey anyway
Bletter is amazing weapon all around, a bit cheap even in pvp

>I feel like everyone at 45 BL is outdamaging me.
who gives a shit