/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uDUj00T8
github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/master/pcsx2/MMI.cpp#L906
github.com/marco9999/orbum
mega.nz/#!XNIzTRCC!LEE9v3h_0IKKE_BZ6lspCUs-oKEft25DAt7S4PyDTn0
mega.nz/#!aJp1mQrC!SuIHPItt41UxpHhcQstzeumL9ao-zuu7ej5hAP2qsjI
mega.nz/#!jZgXzB4A!e9SqSzP9TUQbnYCw62f3v2pAtgeZtgeTJkXVjdwHpG4
mega.nz/#!iVRimCyL!yrFdqhtUTKmVn9i9rhCEzgCAWe4MzRmHKr_msg3W2RQ
mega.nz/#!SFAxmBLQ!5GWABlscoPJjZ2jhiHRgnnX96EfYmgI8_qHTTJqMC9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bxJ8vTaINoM
hyvart.com/download/project64/ci/0.0.0.719/Win32.zip
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1574#issuecomment-368549462
hyvart.com/download/project64/ci/
youtube.com/watch?v=q0YBnsTc5Wg
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/835vz6/finally_model2_is_working_on_mame/
drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?t=4828
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2707#issuecomment-372012279
github.com/JackoboLeChocobo/DeSmuME-Reloaded
pkmnclassic.net/
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/351694348565610507/420476629912125440/rpcs3_2018-03-06_17-28-52.jpg
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/351694348565610507/420476647108640768/secbu_2018-03-06_17-19-30.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What shader is the one on the right?gtuv50?

PCSX2 is dead pham

With cemu, can AMD's garbage OGL performance be brute-forced through by simply having a more powerful GPU (e.g. going from an R7 260X to an R9 290), or is there some sort of performance plateau that all AMD GPUs hit in cemu?

>Still no Xbox redump

>gtuv50
That.

Is repeatedly posting the same retarded shit at the beginning of everything thread a full on /emugen/ meme now or something?

now we're talking

rip /emugen/

Fuck off Daniel.

How does his energy meter overlap the background? Is it made of sprites?

Hey frens. I was curious and took a look at some of PCSX2's code. I noticed some code in iMMI.cpp could be improved so I went ahead and optimized 2 functions.

Anyone know if any of the code in iMMI.cpp has a significant impact on performance? I couldn't be bothered sending a PR, but here's the code if anyone's interested pastebin.com/uDUj00T8

nice copy pasta :)

I remember an user tellin me that their cpu interpreter was buggier than their recompiler. I can believe that, now that I see code that looks correct on recompiler, but not interpreter.

I have no idea why they decided to sign extend the unsigned shorts in github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/master/pcsx2/MMI.cpp#L906

It looks like a big mistake. i also wonder why they don't have an SSE4 version of that instruction because it would be faster and smaller.

Should I even continue looking at their code?

Yes, and send PR.

Make sure to send them here too:

github.com/marco9999/orbum

Can anyone help me successfully emulate Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo? I can't seem to get past the opening logos, they're glitchy as all hell.

>SD The Great Battle - A New Challenge (Japan) [T-En by Aeon Genesis v1.00] [n].zip
mega.nz/#!XNIzTRCC!LEE9v3h_0IKKE_BZ6lspCUs-oKEft25DAt7S4PyDTn0

>Great Battle II, The - Last Fighter Twin (Japan) [T-En by Aeon Genesis v1.00].zip
mega.nz/#!aJp1mQrC!SuIHPItt41UxpHhcQstzeumL9ao-zuu7ej5hAP2qsjI

>Great Battle III, The (Japan) [T-En by Aeon Genesis v1.00].zip
mega.nz/#!jZgXzB4A!e9SqSzP9TUQbnYCw62f3v2pAtgeZtgeTJkXVjdwHpG4

>Great Battle IV, The (Japan) [T-En by Aeon Genesis v1.00].zip
mega.nz/#!iVRimCyL!yrFdqhtUTKmVn9i9rhCEzgCAWe4MzRmHKr_msg3W2RQ

>Great Battle V, The (Japan) [T-En by Aeon Genesis v1.00].zip
mega.nz/#!SFAxmBLQ!5GWABlscoPJjZ2jhiHRgnnX96EfYmgI8_qHTTJqMC9Y

vita emu playing retail games when

>Should I even continue looking at their code?

Yes, and send PR. No one here codes. We're just end-users. You're waisting your time here.

So this is all that happens when I try running Battle for Naboo, anyone know why this is? Can't use any controls, nothing works.

fix vsync first

Play War Thunder. It's a much better Star Wars game.

>Project Shitty Four

Can you suggest anything better? The wiki said this was up to date. I don't get why I can't make a 19 year old game work on this when people can run Breath of the Wild perfectly.

n64 emulations has original sin they have not repented for

I don't mean to sound negative, but I'm not likin that fork's code. it does some additional type casting, and I'm not even sure if that changes anything.

Tbh pham, i was hoping someone else would make the PR. Makes my job simpler that way.

>No one here codes. We're just end-users. You're waisting your time here.
I guess I got my hopes up then. I have interacted with other emudevs on here before. I guess no pcsx2 devs/contributors come here. I didn't expect anyone like gregory to come here, but figured maybe some contributor did. I remember seeing some citra contributor even posting on emugen.

>he thinks there's a better emulator.
lol! either way you pick your poison m8. pj64 aint a bad choice overall, relatively speaking.

looks like you're using an outdated version of pj64, or a bad video plugin.

Please stop replying to me with unhelpful advice and personal opinions, it's not helpful or productive at all.

well if an apu can run it then pretty much anything can

youtube.com/watch?v=bxJ8vTaINoM

I'm using the most recent version of PJ64 and the video plugin it came with, I haven't messed with any settings. Can you help me fix it?

>haven't messed with any settings
found your problem

Well which one am I supposed to change then? Why would you just reply with literally no advice at all?

Nah, there's no PCSX2 devs here. Pretty sure there are NO actual PCSX2 devs anymore. You just have some maintainers.

I selected the other plugin in the options menu and it just made it worse, the menu is completely black with only audio. What the fuck am I supposed to do now? This is a 19 year old game for fucks sake, it stands to reason SOMEONE figured out how to emulated it properly. If PS2 and onward emulation exists, there is NO FUCKING REASON why this shouldn't be fucking working.

>I'm using the most recent version of PJ64
bruh, 2.3 is old, pham. get this hyvart.com/download/project64/ci/0.0.0.719/Win32.zip

Also, get GLideN64. In most games I've tested, it's better than Glide64, but not all games.

Here's a link to github thread with the latest GLideN64 builds github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1574#issuecomment-368549462

>Pretty sure there are NO actual PCSX2 devs anymore. You just have some maintainers.
Judging by the state of the code, I'd assume you're correct. No good reason to have these discrepancies between interpreter and recompiler.

I'm thinking I should probably wait until they finish porting to x64, before doing anything serious with their code.

>fix vsync first
what's wrong with it? I hardly use pcsx2 and I never use vsync.

N64 emulation is not ideal. You have to use different plugins for different games, becuase people can't be bothered to fix their code. You just gotta use the right plugins for each game.

>I'm thinking I should probably wait until they finish porting to x64, before doing anything serious with their code.

Well that's never gonna happen, so whatever.

PCSX2 is a mentally retarded man and the """""devs""""" are full time carers. All they do is clean up whenever it shits it's pants or headbutts a hole in the wall.

There's a list of comments there with three different google drive links, which one am I supposed to click? Also why am I getting pinged from Windows Defender about this version of PJ64 you linked me? Is it malware? How could you have a more up to date version of PJ64 than what's listed on the PJ64 website?

it's a virus, duh.

lol! i thought they had decent progress towards porting it?

I really should get back to playing ps2 emulation. Maybe after playing a few more games, I can decide what to focus on, if I find anything about PCSX2 that's unsatisfactory.

The last 3 Gliden64 links are the same. I dunno why that user kept posting it. You can click any link, posted by Gonetz. The one from 12 days ago is the most recent.

>Is it malware?
no. it's from an unofficial buildbot hyvart.com/download/project64/ci/

> How could you have a more up to date version of PJ64 than what's listed on the PJ64 website?
the website only has the "stable" versions. zilmar only updates the build on website when he feels there have been enough progress. for nightlies, you'll have to compile it yourself, download from emucr, download from that buildbot i linked, or download from the official buildbot (idk how to get access to it).

Okay I officially give up because I don't know how to do any of this shit. I just wanted to play Battle for Naboo, a 19 year old Nintendo 64 game but I guess that's beyond the basic capabilities of a fucking emulator without having to download little bits and pieces to stuff in folders to try and get it to work. Fucking hell.

Anybody around have any experience using hoot?

>idk how to get access to it
Give shekels to the project through patreon.

Yeah obviously

With some of the talk about xbox lately I decided to get me an xbox today to softmod. I'm in the process of gathering redump images for preservation. Making quite a lot of progress too.

LOL nice job, Mesen.

Several things none of the scenesters / warez kiddies will ever tell you if you're going into XBOX softmod.
>Never use the Y power cable / Hotswap disk upgrade unless you're 100% sure you're not gonna fuck it up else you're just getting a dead HDD or console, the XBOXHDM 2.3 through QEMU with IDE to USB bridge is far safer
>If PAL console set the video EEPROM mode to NTSC and never look back not doing so will lock you out of 480p and break several games including MWC
>Never use the RGB output unless it's a rev 1.6 and even then it's still way worse than the component output, if you're still doing it get a proper cable with breakaway RCA out for audio unless you like buzzing and ghosting out the ass, flicker fucker is your friend to get rid of that hideous blur filter
>Never use composhit period, extends to RF but that goes without saying
>unless you aren't bothered by a bit of audio buzzing get a legit HD AV cable / HD AV pack with proper cables / Monster HD AV cable, anything else is as bad or worse than 5 bucks chink cables that have noticeable audio buzzing
>If you wanna do the 80 conductor ribbon cable mod (PROTIP: you want to, especially with a nonstandard HDD) get a 24", 20" is too short 32" is too long (as in you can't even fit the fucker in)

I noticed it's impossible to find official xbox component cables anymore.

Is there anything an Xbox can do better than a Wii, besides a few exclusive games?

Keep me posted.

They're getting rather hard to find but I got mine off ebay for 50 bucks like new, honestly the chink cables are gonna be good enough for most just don't pay the cutthroat prices I've seen them go for sometimes, they're worth 5 bucks not 20,
I noticed that you can reduce the buzzing by connecting the audio output through a computer / external amp,
The video output at 480p is almost the same as the official cables so it works out fine most of the time.

It can output HD which I don't think the Wii can, although it can't do 240p I think
CoinOps is pretty impressive, there's a few emu that are pretty good, never bothered much since I have a proper PC

killer instinct

i apologize.. i was wrong about suggesting GLideN64 as the hle code for Naboo is incomplete. Rogue Squadron works though. I understand how you feel. I don't like the situation either. I'd still rather take the time to set things up, because some N64 games are really fun!

>i was hoping someone else would make the PR
Nobody is going to do that
Even if somebody did it, they aren't going to accept it. If you don't want to make a github account then just post this shit on their discord.

Spoopy

citra secret speed sauce merge when

Has anyone downloaded and installed Dai Gyakuten Saiban for Android successfully? I can't find a proper download and I don't think I can access the Japanese modded app store

Based kd-11

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/835vz6/finally_model2_is_working_on_mame/

this + farseer's spu_perf would be nice

but never gonna happen

>Medusa on hold
>CorgiDS is dead
>MelonDS author is going to break down any day now

>Desmume will forever be king of DS emulation

which is the best non-windows system for emulation

>>Medusa on hold
>Tfw I was actually looking forward to it.
We need Exophase to fucking port DraStic already.

Ubuntu

>implying exophase had anything do with it
it's all on his ghost dev that disappeared on him

freebsd

>>it's all on his ghost dev that disappeared on him
Never forget.
>Longer term outlook
>I also intend to work on getting the Raspberry Pi version in a better state, and then I can most likely release more or less equivalent builds for Linux and Windows PCs (just x86 desktop, not Windows Phone)
drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?t=4828

Think I'd be able to emulate gamecube or ps2 games at 720p on this thing?

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
should have got amd

It was a gift.

He's just memeing you

Most simple games should run fine as long as you don't increase the internal resolution, but don't expect to play any heavy 3D stuff.

return it

Guys will I be able to run RPCS3 with this baby?

if it doesn't explode first, then yes

niggers shall die by the sword

>105C
You know that big lump of metal with a fan that came with your CPU? You're not supposed to throw it away.

So spiderman 2 seems really fucked, laggy and a shit ton of graphical glitches. Anyone else tried it? Was in the mood for a spiderman game, wonder if Ultimate Spiderman is any better

PCSX2 has always had problems with that game. Play on Dolphin.

use software mode

Hah. Good effort, but you'll never reach my level. Not in one million years. .... kid....

Why did I reply to myself?

What’s the best way to do online play with gen 4 Pokémon games? Is there a fork I need to use?

Why would you need to play online with gen 4 Pokemon games?

Like realistically, there's no reason.

Things like trading, the underground, etc.

Fuck that, nobody needs those features.

would like to see if there was any improvement on the rest of the yakuza games, literally the only franchise i want to emulate on that thing besides persona 5

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2707#issuecomment-372012279
wew

This seems to be a thing
github.com/JackoboLeChocobo/DeSmuME-Reloaded
I don't know how well it works since I didn't try it out. But assuming it can connect, use this for Pokemon games
pkmnclassic.net/

in english god dammit

It's over. Give in.

Now.

Does Persona 5 run any less shitty these days?

Give.

In.

Now.

well, i run it pretty decently on the farseer (RIP) build using a i3 4170, so yeah, i'm sure it's playable as fuck nowadays.

>Playing a VN
Just watch a playthrough on youtube.

farseer's spu_perf is dead, kd has an open pr that will definitely be merged after some time to bake that may very slightly improve performance (although spu is the bottleneck) but also improves visual accuracy

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/351694348565610507/420476629912125440/rpcs3_2018-03-06_17-28-52.jpg
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/351694348565610507/420476647108640768/secbu_2018-03-06_17-19-30.jpg

i still have the winrar of his build, rest in piece based farseer.