>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone

Previous:

SOY
O
Y

Is this the latest Artifact thread?

Why do I still buy packs even though I have enough dust to craft anything I could ever want?

Because you have a gambling addiction user.

when I buy packs it's either
>I want something to drop that would decide for me what I should play, spending your own dust to craft can be a hard choice
>I'm super pissed off and just want to buy packs for the heck of it to maybe feel good about something

last time I spent gold on packs it was the latter, but I'm back to saving now after realizing I can make do with the decks I already have and that the more gold I'll save the more fun I'll have at the next release

I actually think you might be correct. It's stupid that someone else had to point it out for me though.
I think also for me there are a lot of cards that I would want to mess around with, but it's not really worth spending dust on. For example I might want to try out full discolock with Zavas,the Quest and Lana'thel but there's no way I would craft any of that shit. However I'd be happy to Zavas as that would mean I could try out the deck.

>run into paladins for about 4 hours
>switch to a control warrior deck with 30 whirlwinds
>my first 2 opponents are hard greed resurrect priest and kingsbane
HMMMMM

no, it's an mtg arena thread
rate my UR Phoenix control

your fault for playing warrior

I can't believe Ben Brode is fucking dead!

Are ELEMENTAL decks
..still..

UNDER
T
H RAD
E AR?

How to get into mtg?

threadly reminder that rexxar still hasn't been fixed

when is mtg arena dropping?

>I actually think you might be correct. It's stupid that someone else had to point it out for me though.
It's okay though user. As long as it's something you enjoy and isn't really impacting your life it doesn't really matter.

>For example I might want to try out full discolock with Zavas,the Quest and Lana'thel but there's no way I would craft any of that shit
I caved and crafted the quest since I already had Lanathel and Zavas, it's fun but holy shit is it bad.

How does team 5 get away with such blatantly rigged matchmaking?

Shut up you WHINY, ENTITLED little FAGGOT, you should be GRATEFUL for the HARD WORKING employees at BLIZZARD that have created this WONDERFUL game for YOU and ME. BESIDES, the INCREDIBLY TALENTED developers have SPECIFICALLY SAID that DK Rexxar will be FIXED when the next expansion comes out, of which there are THREE per YEAR, so shut your FUCKING pie hole you UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF SHIT DICK SUCKING ASS LICKER CUNT

download magic duels on steam, it has tutorials that teach the basics, don't spend any money or time there beyond that because it's a dead game (unironically).
then you need to decide how/where you want to play magic.
>Real life
kitchen table (with friends/family) > local playing group > local gaming store > tournaments
>Online
sign up for magic arena beta, it's going to be F2P and hopefully will have a decent economic model because it will need to compete with both artifact and hearthstone, right now it's not the greatest.
stay away from magic online and other rogue clients that have no rule enforcing engine (players responsible for the game, as if you're playing in real life).

Generally limited (formats (sealed / draft) are better. Constructed magic can get expensive in most formats - hundreds of $'s for a good quality deck.

I imagine it's at least half a year away from officially launching with the state of the client, but they said the NDA will drop this month so they'll probably go into open beta in the next couple of months.
It's not that great, no digital magic game ever was or will be, but it's a decent way to get some magic on without giving wizard's ridiculous amounts of money for cardboard.

don't lurk that often, what's wrong with it?

also, if you do end up getting into standard constructed format, wizard's are releasing pre-built decks next month (Challenger decks) for like $40 each, their pre-builts are normally absolute garbage but this time they're decent and will last you a few months until spring when a rotation happens.

They didn't add any of the new Beasts to the pool, so DK Rexxar is only limited to Beasts prior to K&C.

I played with my dad back years ago so I know the basics. My only fear is that there's too many cards to learn or the meta's too complex. I'll probably have to try out Magic Arena then. Cheers user.

Wait why the fuck are we on page 10?

>Want to do 50 priest quest
>Faggots being faggots on casual
Why?

dead game

they hardcoded it's beast pool so it can't actually change with new expansions or rotations
when it'll rotate to standard it'll still be stuck with the same beastpool it currently has

>accidentally posted on hotsg and had to delete
oh well salty paladins still make up for it

>Win every single game as ragnaros
>Every ragnaros opponent concedes immediately
Lmao get good. Fuck this 5 tavern brawl quest though

So Artifact will be the thinking man's card game. Three lanes/board mechanic will only be for high IQ players.

Everyone's in the Artifact general.

Is it worth to get into HS if I don't spend any money, or do I have to be a whale?

>artificial complexity
yikes

forgot this card even existed

it's no longer worth it, there's a large portion of content that's effectively behind a paywall right now because the only way to get it is through crafting

>played since release
>still don't have full classic collection

If you wanna try it wait for next month, 3 old sets are going to rotate and it's gonna be easier to catch up.
This only applies to >>>>>wild wich is the whale's barren land. It doesn't make any sense for a new player to play here.

Watch your back and don't do it again... baka!

Same. I don't mind not having all the Legendaries, but to still miss some Rares is unacceptable.

>Wanna try Kingsbane Rogue
>No Greenskin
I also lack Alexstraza, Black Knight and Overspark of the somewhat relevant ones. I still miss all the meme ones except Millhouse.

Oh, and King Krush. I'd really like King Krush for my Kathrena Hunter but I know that I'd regret it instantly.

>tfw golden Alex and golden Negro Knight
Golden Alex is the most aesthetic card in the game

Alex is one of the classic legendaries everyone should have along with Leeroy and Ysera. They just tend to be staples of their respective archetypes.

Mommy...

Hey guys, I posted yesterday and decided to make a deck with Rexxar I have, since I got lucky with some packs.
Can I get some feedback on it?

Since I don't have a Rhokdelar, or any other "no beasts" cards for that matter, I replaced it with a Tundra Rhino, for possible combo with Spellstone.
I don't have Kara either so I replaced Cat Tricks with Venomstrike Traps (which I both got off of packs).

I hate the archetypes that Alexstraza allows so I never bothered crafted her. Also she's been neglected for a while now.

Remove
Arcane shot
Hunter mark
Explosive shot
Thundra Rhino

Add
2 SecretKeeper (Since your deck consist a lot of secrets)
2 Houndmaster
2 Highmanes

If you have Kathrena try this. Pretty fun and not a bad deck. Even if you don't have Kathrena definitely put in the Asskeepers and the Cloaked Huntresses, they win the eraly game and allow you to build your Spellstone fast.

Why can’t I slow down and think about my plays and stop misplacing so much?

>tfw still missing a rare from classic
>tfw it's coldlight oracle
>tfw I have no face

>Wanting to play HS for first time
>Remember Tyrande Whisperwind for Twitch Prime people
>Go to redeem it now
>Expired

If I contact support, they should give it to me right ?

No
Small indie company
The technology isn’t there yet

>that feel when
You don't need a face for that.

oof that's retarded then. Makes no sense, I wanted to be priest one trick

Oof I fucked up didn't I? mfw is face, tfw is feel

You could always try

If they say no tell them you will kill yourself without that skin. This should get results.

I'll consider those, although I really like Hunter's Mark as a form of removal, especially with Candleshot. Might keep just one.
What would you say about Spellbreakers? Voidlord seems to be a tough threat to remove for me.

Sadly don't have Kathrena, nor Cloakeds because they're from Kara which is rotating out next month from what I've read.

I have played secret mage and only secret mage for the last three expansions.
AMA

Will you kill yourself if I ask nicely?

I already want to kill myself.

If ur still on the board user u can add me on battle.net and I can help u with stuff if u wanna start. Just lemme know.

What's the best play when I get matched against Control Priest as Secret Mage?

How does it feel when someone oozes your 6 mana weapon right after you play it

I may not have a complete collection but at least I have all these preps! Also I just opened up my fifth Cabal Shadow Priest, lucky me XD
In all seriousness though, completing the classic collection feels impossible. Epics just fuck you over way too hard for you to complete without spending some serious dust

Next month a lot of cards are going away, so you'll have a relatively fresh start.
That being said I'd recommend going easy from now, getting some gold and packs from daily quests, brawls, etc. And try to climb ladder to rank 15 as well for nice rewards. That way you'll have a nice collection to start in fresh meta.

Focus on board while you stockpile face in your hand.
Don't get him so scared he feels the need to use his greater healing potion. Then hit him with the fury of all your burn.

There's always a bright side. "I'm not going to mill myself now."

Play cards that are green. If they are directed then target the opponent's face.

Congratulations, you wasted all your burn and he healed.

Standard or Wild?

Then the next play is to concede, duh

If you like the game I'd recommend getting into Modern. It's a non-rotating format that has dozens of very viable decks that range from 80-200 dollars all the way to 2 grand but if you decided you really like a deck it is very likely not going anywhere as bans are fairly rare.

It's also strongly supported in in-person events. I find standard to be a huge waste of money as many cards that are 30 dollars in standard wind up barely being modern playable at best so once thosd cards rotatd out of standard you are out a lot of dosh.

Sttandard. I've only been playing since wild gods. Don't have enough wild cards for it to be worth my time.
o shit u rite

Nah I probably figure it out on my own, thank you though.

Ya I don't think I go ham, I'm in between games atm. I'll probably play a little over the weeks.

Apparently I did play a bit in the beginning. Do I use super old deck, or Innkeepers Deck ?

>Ancient Watcher
>no silences

Memes aside if you give a lengthy spiel about never eanting to play again they tend to respond to that well.

Epics aren't a problem for me. I'm missing 12 epics from classic, but 11 legendaries. If the no duplicate legendary rule had come in earlier I'd be in better shape and wouldn't have 3 Gruuls, 2 Tirions and 2 Tonies.

I've been playing since Old Gods and I switched over to Wild during Un'Goro. I have all the Adventures now, all the good TGT and GvG cards. What's your excuse?

Well that's a relic of an old age, it's been a while since I've seen stuff like blademaster + circle of healing comboes. That said, both decks are trash, but the first one is slightly less so. Also I would normally recommend rerolling your account for better legendaries, but I see you've got a golden Marin, and I imagine you're therefore pretty attached to your account.

>My shield, for Argus!

I dont have all the good TGT or GvG cards and I'm not pay to win.

There really aren't that many.

How do you even reroll in Hearthstone?

>Dragon Soul
Fucking kek, what was the innkeeper thinking?
>Ooga booga, me see weapon, me put weapon in deck

When old gods is wild is when I'll switch to wild.
In the mean time, I have the only deck I really like in standard.

You create a new account, see what DK/Legendary weapon you get, see what you get in free packs, restart if they were trash. There's a way to skip the tutorial so it's not too painful.

When I started a while ago, I rerolled until I got a golden legendary in my first few packs. It was Nozdormu, I couldn't be fucked repeating the process to get a playable one (and besides, I thought Noz was pretty cool back then)

>wake up
>no expansion announcement

>There's a way to skip the tutorial so it's not too painful.
How?

>being mean to npc

You have a friend challenge you

>modern

What class has the best C'Thun deck? Druid?

That's even harder...

Yeah pretty much. Priest is close second. Their unique C'thun minion with a decent board and circle of healing can buff pretty hard.

Not if that "friend" is you on your phone

What if my alt is on the phone and I'm challenging them through my main account on my PC?

Huh? I guess that still works...