/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread: →

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows running unsigned packages and much more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] The PS3Xploit team is working on a userland exploit for Super Slims and certain Slim models which does not support homebrew but offers PS1/2/P emulation and backing up PS3 games. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-3-0-preview-new-features-for-superslim-all-non-cfw-comp-ps3-models.16525/

Other urls found in this thread:

psndl.net/
discord.gg/WYhPKRY
crack.bargains/550/
twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/972501792176181249
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for dead general

Who fucking brought this trash general up again? Useless bullshit such these needs to be dead and fucking stay like that

>ps3xploit 3.0 can't pirate disc-only games that had no updates
>Switch CFW probably won't be releasing till late this year, might not even release this year at all
>Vita 3.65/3.67 is far off as well
>PS4 5.x never
I'm fucking ending it lads.

kys

Xth for 5.05 never ever

Any list for which games will be compatible?

>>Switch CFW probably won't be releasing till late this year, might not even release this year at all
no
>>Vita 3.65/3.67 is far off as well
no
>>PS4 5.x never
no
kys pls

For the PS3 exploit? All digital games and disc-only games that had updates released will work. There's no list yet. The only games I know that are disc-only and didn't have updates are:
>Eternal Sonata
>Tales of Vesperia
>Nier
>Yakuza 3
>Yakuza Kenzan
I haven't bothered checking more. It's mostly older games and Japanese games.

Didn't SciresM say that a good estimate for CFW is late this year? Also about Vita
>TheFlow stated a rough ETA which puts the release of a public hack for FW 3.67 either at the end of this year or sometime next year.
PS4 5.x is a mystery. Who knows when it might get released.

>Didn't SciresM say that a good estimate for CFW is late this year? Also about Vita
he said it's almost done you retard

1.0 or for all FWs? I admit I haven't been to this general in a long time. Last time I came here was in 2015 IIRC

then why the fuck are you coming here with your bitch tears
fuck off back to where you came from

>bitch tears
Wot. I wouldn't say that shows that I'm crying. All I see is some user going apeshit for no reason.

chill, just fucking with you. all FWs up to 4.1.0 are coming. no one can really say when.
better than that, Switch has a hardware hack, so nintendo are fucked

Stop spreading disinformation, the ps3 dev said all games can be resigned whether they had updates or not will work

What about Nier and Drakengard 3?

3ds exploit never

The exploit says you'll be able to launch PKGs. A lot of games don't have PKG versions, only ISOs. So someone will have to convert them to PKGs (I don't know if that's even possible), or to back up the games in PKG format, or do something else to make them work. Which makes me doubt if that many people will even be interested in doing it in the first place. It's mostly just super slim users and some slim users that will be affected. Someone might make the more popular games work but won't bother with the more niche stuff.
I'm not trying to spread misinformation, I'm just confused. You go to one place and see people talking about how it's not possible, you go to another place and they say MAYBE it's possible. Like I said in the previous thread I'm mostly interested in Vesperia and Kenzan but as I understand it to make them work with their fan translations you have to have CFW which we won't have. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nier is disc-only, no updates. Drakengard 3 has a digital version.

>Nier is disc-only, no updates
RIP.

Here, this site is from the pastebin that contains PKGs:
psndl.net/
Nier, Vesperia, Yakuza 3, Eternal Sonata and many others aren't on it. I checked other places and there's only ISOs of these games. There is Drakengard 3 however since it has a digital version.

>tfw 5.05 retards are waiting for a jailbreak that will never come, just like super slim idiots

>bought a spare Switch to keep on a safe firmware
>it's 3.0.2
fuck me lads, what do

hodl

well hey, at least you can wait for >= 3.0.1 hacks more securely. Ninty could drop an update at any minute.

Didn't they say it was fine even on 4.1?

4.1 will get stuff eventually but 3.0 wont have to/dont have to wait as long

Do we have a means to clear the ps4 error log? Because mine is reading like a fucking rapsheet.
I thought the system log cleaner in debug settings would do it, doesn't.

We got a cfw release window for 3.0 and 4.1 yet?
I know Scires is hoping to get it out before next year, but is that 3.0 only?

Should I sell my games now or will they keep their value even after the hack arrives?

switchbrew fag army (yellows8, hexkyz, plutoo, etc.) target 3.0.0 with not a single version above or below.
SciresM targets 1.0.0 first and foremost, with CFW being confirmed to come up to 4.1.0. 1.0.0 will get stuff first.

they should still hold right now for the most part

Asking again in case anyone can point me in the right direction. I completely formatted the sd card I used for my hacked 3DS but now when I try to hack it again it doesn't work.
I'm using the soundhax method but sysNAND won't even boot with the sd card inserted, whatever I do it just gives me a black screen.

Might have to go the magnethax route

Is it easy to backup all saves from a 3DS and transfer them to another?

It's not bricked though, if I take out the sd card the 3DS works fine.

Yea for the most part
Do you have luma, etc still setup? It's probably checking the the SD and then tries to boot it and finds nothing so its a black screen

Fuck sake. Which general is it? Both are just a dead

>mfw won't be able to play Tales of Vesperia with english patch with this new PS3 exploit

Just use the old one then.

No there's nothing set up on my system, there's no emuNAND, everything is gone, that's why I thought starting from scratch would be the easiest way, but there's still something going wrong here.

put it back in once booted and change your theme.

It hurts bro

Anyone with a hacked WiiU here? I'm about to install Nintendont on my WiiU menu with Browserhax and Mochi and I wanted to ask. Is the Nintendont app im going to install basically a forwarder of the vWii Nintendont? or is it an app separated from the vWii?

>wait for years in hopes of installing CFW on my Slim so I can play Vesperia in English
>ps3xploit comes out
>check my PS3
>it's 3xxx
>ps3xploit 3.0 doesn't support isos
W-w-we can still play it with the English translation website pulled up at all times or wait for RPCS3 to get better.

you were just told there's a hardware exploit you dumb cunt, what part of that is confusing

its a forwarder
You can install forwarders for each game as well and install them on your wiiu hard drive if you want

Reminder:

discord.gg/WYhPKRY

I see, so basically it's just running Nintendont from the vWii but on the WiiU enabling the use of the gamepad. Thanks user. this was really helpful.

Basically hacky hacky to make the vwii think the gamepad is a gamecube controller (or another controller if you want, you can also install wii titles to the wiiu and make it think its a wiimote,etc)

al9h or b9s? you should just be able to put either of those onto your sd card with a luma firm

if i find a cheap fat ps3 what are the chances of being able to flash the nand with only a raspberry pi?

Please recommend me a PS3 game with 1GB or less that have updates and another PS3 game with about the same size but that doesn't have updates

5.0X please exist

>not having a PS4 on 2.00 and patiently waiting for updates
Thank fuck I could use 4.05 and now 4.55 exploits. If that spoofing trick turns out to be a real thing, that would be great too.

ignore me i'm retarded i didn't know softmodding was possible

Just get your hands on a second ps4 for all the hacking stuff

I want to pirate Mary Skeltel senpai. Is it fun?

Coxinha é bonitnha, bonitinha!

crack.bargains/550/
IT'S HAPPENING

going to get a fat ps3, what are some good homebrews? I have two spare 2.5 inch drives should I put a 120gb ssd or 300gb HDD in there?

Go for the 300GB HDD.
The are basically no benefits of using a SSD on a PS3 because it uses a IDESATA controller for some reason.

what is this

I think it's just a webkit

I thought the old one 5.01-5.05 exploit still worked but have nothing against a fresh 5.50 one desu

Has to be just for the websploit there's no fucking way they found the 5.50 kernel and are gonna release it this soon.

I honestly don't know. This is the result of running it. I might run a few things check if it makes any kind of server with ports open which is looking for a payload. Probably not.

You certainly care a lot.

The thing is whatever this is , it is a lot more stable then the 5.01. Like a lot. 1-2 tries to trigger. Unless we are getting trolled and all it does is just show "ffff000041414141"

>I hate this thread, better post in it to keep it alive

Might just be an update to the web kit and they decided on using 5.55 as the name it can still be used on it.

Does pkgj work?

I'm too lazy to go through the stuff to upgrade.

No

How do you update nonpdrm? Just copy and paste it?

HAPPENING HAPPENING HAPPENING

I just want the DOA games with all the sexy dlcs

KEK. Why did the dog attacked him?

>twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz/status/972501792176181249

5.05 SOON FAGGOTS

slowpoke

>old kexploit was fixed in 5.50!

FUCKING NICE

THE ABSOLUTE MAD MAN DID IT

WHAT THE FUCK

if a kexploit drops in the next week for 5.05 i will cum tribute qwerty

he's probably going to wait a while to release to let all the normalfags update

FREE MONSTER HUNTER PS4 SOON
EAT SHIT ALL YOU NIGGERS WHO SAID NEVER EVER
FUCK YOU FAGGOTS
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the thing is, it's not just him with the kexploit, a lot of researchers probably found it independantly

so someone is going to get excited and release it?

ALL HAIL qwertyoruiopz

well yeah , they might find out that the kexploit got patched in 5.50 and you know, drop the 5.05 what would be their reasoning for not doing it

FUCK AND I JUST UPDATED TO PLAY BLOODBORNE ONLINE

A-At least I'm having fun

I wonder what the first thing im going to do when 5.05 drops. Maybe ill fuck about with linux for a bit, or maybe ill just straight up start pirating shit

>they might
They already did u fckin mouthbreather!
If they dont release 5.05 soon,it's nobody but morralfaggotry's fault

DO I UPDATE TO 5.50 OR STAY ON 5.05?

My list:
Dark Souls 3 Fire Fades edition
MHW
Bloodborne
Nier 2
Alium Isolation
Last guardian
GT Sport
Horizon
update to 5.50, you don't deserve hax

Can you read?

B A S E D

So, Sony can fuck my acount if I go online with hacks?

stay on 5.05 baka, 5.50 patched the kernel exploit need to pirate games

You can't even go online because then you would have to be on 5.50 for which there are currently no public exploits.

They can, and they can ban your console as well. Moreover, if you manage to piss them off in a special way, they'll ban all your consoles registered on your account along with that account itself.

Ow, thank you, user. I am in the 5.01, I think.now I don't know, I play online with some friends.

This is a big red flag for me, I have 3 systems registered. But the prospect of free games is amazing too. Oh well, going to stay in this FW the maximum I can and then decide. Thank you, user!