>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KUwhYfotU
youtube.com/watch?v=v4O9rMQ-TlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Priscilla!

Post, r8, h8

sounds fun, but I'm taking care of commissions at the moment, I pretty much always have something to work on in my agenda.

Don't forget the template.

>tfw I'm running that armor and those weapons right now
how did you know

>sounds fun but I'm taking care of commissions at the moment
That's understandable. Just thought I'd toss an idea your way in case you liked it, no rush or pressure in case you happen to decide that you don't have time or interest but I think it'd be pretty neat ^^.

god i fucking hate this map

is priscilla the ultimate waifu

How is this build, any recommendation?

Should I go dex/fai or pyrodex for SL90 invasions in Souls 3? And what weapon would you recommend?

>BS is forcing you to roll
Did you even read what I said? Rolling/Running sideways is enough to dodge BS. You should NOT roll it, that's what noobs do. Just sidestep and punch the caster in the face. There your BS does. The damage is a joke, too.

>GHFO has shit spell casting time
You don't use it the way you use CBV, why can't you understand, that's a completely different spell with different purpose. CBV is used to punish slow melee attacks when the caster is locked in the animation (mostly with GS, UGS). Like someone swings at you, you calculate the distance to stand barely outside of his swing and cast CBV in his face, which he won't be able to dodge. If you try to cast it normally at enemy he will just roll through it.

GHFO is on the other hand an artillery tool that works as pure spell by itself, without relying on enemy to do a move. It has a huge hitbox, a complicated flight animation, leaves lava pool and deals overall (with pool) more damage than CBV. This shit is way harder to dodge when you freeaim it and prevents enemy from just rolling through it since you can throw it ahead of you making him roll into lava pool.

Jesus fuck, why are the anri's so ugly

also

Let me repeat

fuck this zone

>that pic
I've tried making Yuria and she's pretty cute if you give her hair and change the eyebrows.

literally use stance r1

>is priscilla the ultimate waifu?
Yes.

Just got a key for the beta of immortal unchained, another "souls like" game, how bad do you guys think it's going to be?

>hating fun

Switch to K***ht class and equip PChain, that'll save you an assload of levels. Throw out Steel Protection, because that shit is worthless.

Was it kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KUwhYfotU

>Tags: emotionless sex

>sit infront of guardian dragon waiting to get summoned
>invaded
>all mobs alive so guy instantly runs towards the start of the zone
>have to wait for him to go through the whole fucking zone and come back and find me
just end this suffering

>finish souls 2 and all the DLC
>uninstall and never look back
>finish souls 3
>feel like doing another run or just chill out invading co op faggots
What went right on the last game?

If it has to advertise itself as a Souls-like, then no.

>how bad do you guys think it's going to be?
Games that aim to be "like Souls" but aren't made by FromSoft are always going to have something missing in the eyes of Soulsborne players because Souls formula can't be boiled down to just a single defining thing, there are so many factors like how the game flows, the checkpointing systems, the level design and art direction in addition to the combat systems that all imitators are going to feel really half-hearted in direct comparison.

Just play the games for what they are instead of trying to relate them to Souls, otherwise you're doing both Souls and the souls-like a big disservice.

what are the must watch soulsborne videos?

When do you get to the DLC in DS1? Just beat the 4 kings and obtained the Lord vessel so I wanna make sure I get to it before I beat the game

pls, would either of these be good for SL90 invasions? I only ever invaded as a strcuck, I just love those greatsword turn n' burns. I don't know what works for dex.

it's somewhat convoluted but you can get it now already. You need to go behind the hydra in the forest, there's a cave with a single crystal golem who drops some chick after you kill it.
Go to entrance of duke's archives and kill that one crystal golem that drops a broken necklace or something
then you go back to the hydra cave and enter the portal

Pyro Dex is impossible to stick onto even a SL120 without heavy sacrifices in Vigor, Endurance and Attunement, so don't bother. For Dex/Fai, you could try shit like Yorshka's or Lothric's.

Martyrsbrigade99's DS1 pvp vids
Happy Souls
Epicnamebro's From the Dark
Sanadsk's cut content vids

You need to go to Darkroot basin, kill the Hydra, reload the area, explore the basin to find a golden golem, kill it, talk to the girl inside, go to Duke's Archive, kill a blue golem there, get a pendant, go back and explore where you found the girl.

well metroidvania is a thing, all we need is a good developer doing the game.
Lord of the fallen was done by a team that never made a good game.

Thoughts on this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=v4O9rMQ-TlU

gwyndolin's thighs

>invade
>1v1
>get rekt
>host doesn't even make a gesture when killing me
;_;

Dragon slayer armor bonfire gets me every time

why does dark souls 3 npc's have so much less dialogue compared to the other games, especially the first one

>Metroidvania
Souls games =/= metroidvanias though. I guess Hollow Knight came close to giving you a decent experience like that and I appreciate the developers for creating an interesting platformer / exploration experience even though I don't personally care for that game at all and it bores me to tears. I can see it's a good game from a design standpoint and appreciate the effort put into it but I just don't personally like it at all.

this
crestbro alonel iterally has a moviescript of dialogue
das3 was a mistake, so was shitborne

Ok, so how would pure pyro fare in invasions? Thinking of mainly relying on a weapon like the demon's scar while harassing from a distance with black snake or CBV. Never tried a caster so I thought it might be fun.

>invade
>kill host and his buttbuddy
>clap
>point down
>stalk dung pie

REEEEEE

Are the Soulsborne games really hard, or do games today hold your hand so much that they just seem really hard by comparison?

Now, don't misunderstand. I'm not saying the games are easy, but I do think their difficulty is overstated. Once you learn a boss's patterns, they're not THAT hard.

What do you think?

>check things like steam forums
>people complaining about getting invaded
nigga, you play on easy mode with your faggot friend and have the guts to complain about it?

>why do Dark Souls 3 NPCs have so much less dialogue compared to the other games, especially the first one

That's actually not true. There's a lot of dialogue for the characters, however :

In Dark Souls 1 you generally spend a lot of time in areas that aren't the starting hub and when the game brings you back to the starting area, plot thingys have happened so it FEELS like there's a lot of dialogue since you don't interact with the NPCs as much so you don't notice the repetition as much.

And there's a good deal of dialogue that changes as the game goes on honestly, I think it's your observational bias at work here.

>Thanks, sweeting.
Why is he so smug?

Way to miss the point. He was saying that Super Metroid + Castlevania SotN used to be their own things, and any knockoffs made attempting to mimic them generally weren't that good to start with. Eventually it became its own miniature side-scroller genre, and there are multiple examples of it being done right (e.g., Ori and the Blind Forest). The same thing may eventually happen with games that attempt to mimic Dark Souls, but it hasn't happened yet since the people attempting to do so are either incompetent or miss the point of what makes it good.

Go watch the user who makes Pyro invasion videos (look for Papa Shep on YouTube), his builds are in the SL120 range in TRC but it gives you a decent idea of what a Pyro invasion build is capable of.

Making progress in Dark Souls gives me a sense of satisfaction I don't really get from too many modern games.

>tfw finally beating a boss after being stuck there for hours

Get your equip load under 70 and roll, numbnuts. Tiny healthbars don't mean anything if you don't get hit

It's both. Souls games are "hard" only if you consider dying and temporarily losing progress and souls to be difficult. But dying is part of the game, what's important is that you learn from your mistakes.

That being said, there is a lot of unneeded bullshit in Souls games, like completely indecipherable questlines without using a guide, and not explaining how any of the core mechanics work (nobody knew how hyperarmor and flat defenses worked for a very long time). I like that the game doesn't hold your hand, but I would also enjoy playing the game more if you were able to work out some of the shit without having to run tests or look up guides.

>tfw Dark Souls gives you a level of customization with your characters you wish most games nowadays would have

brainlet

I refuse to believe someone could suck this much

>crestbro alone literally has a moviescript of dialogue

Fuck off m8. Hawkwood in DS3 has at least a comparable amount of dialogue AND he also does more stuff than just sit around the Firelink like a jackass until he hollows.

>das3 was a mistake, so was shitborne
Oh okay, we're dealing with a DS2 retard here.

M8, we're like 6 years too late for this discussion. Yeah, Dark Souls hit the mainstream western game market back when movie-like games that hold your hand were a thing, but even the western mainstream game market has evolved and even hard games can be very popular (see : Cuckhead)

Changing your name in SOTFS is guaranteed ding dong bannu, right?

Jailers are stupidly easy to knock down without having to use WAs, just straight R1 spam with anything greatsword or smaller, or hit them once with an ultra.

To be fair, the jailors have super fast attacks with decent range.
If they ever decide to use them that is

What's the greatest tryhard build for DaS3?

30/30 Dark Lothric K***ht Straight Sword with Black K***ht Shield

So hang on

DS3 is set what, several thousand years after some big fuck up that caused some people to basically never able to die

So presumably, all the normal, mortal people died out fucking centuries ago

Meaning... there can't be corpses, because nothing can die

....are these blokes alive?

It's not overly hard, it's just old-school in how it handles challenge. It doesn't hold your hand, and it punishes mistakes. Generally speaking, though, it isn't cheap.

27/40 pkcs or 30/30 dark lks turtle

black knight shield and dark infused lothric knight sword in duels
or a viggouged guy w/ raw dsa for early invasions

You do know people can die and the world is still full of them after several thousand years of human history right

Maybe, them being motionless could be ascribed to motion skills being forgotten so the only thing they can do is simply lie down

>k***ht
can someone explain me this meme?

Read the OP.

Demon Scar build with Fire Surge

dude, in das1 the first time you see crestbro and talk to him he has like 5 different lines where he basically tells you that he doesn't have anything else left to say.

They have the poise of a 10 year old girl and their red lamp debuff doesn't work while they're staggered. Just hammer them with greatswords and they turn into pushovers, and don't act like you need to powerlevel STR to use one; the Zwei needs 19 STR to use and you don't need to go any farther than Greirat to get one, it's wicked accessible for non-STR builds

>several thousand years after some big fuck up that caused some people to basically never able to die
It's nice that you pay this little attention to the lore. When the Fire is linked, the Undead Curse wanes and people can die again normally (Anastacia in DS1 asks you to link the fire so she can die human), and when the fire fades, the Undead Curse starts again and undead take over.

>there can't be corpses because nothing can die.
Wrong, things die in Souls games all the time.

>mfw people don't understand basic fucking lore

>it's somewhat convoluted

not everyone is autistic to be fair, just the majority of the souls fanbase

>not everybody is autistic
I guess paying basic attention to what happens in the games and correcting someone who hasn't paid attention counts as autistic now

I mean, I care about Souls to a very autistic extent but still

I finished all 3 souls games and I had no idea what the fuck was going on.
Where are my /brainlets/ at?

But didn't the undead curse start only after Gwyn linked the fire the first time?

So as someone who never paid attention to the story, let me give it a go

The world was ran by dragons, and the giant/god people where at war with them, and humans where just sort of, fucking about doing their own thing under dragon rule, mindless hollows sort of

Gywn and the giants overthrew the dragons, started an age of fire by exploding himself, this meant the humans could die, but because they died before they lost the will to live, we built shit and cities and empires and stuff. Then the Gywn souls sort of ran out, the ability to die and progress stopped, people started going mental and losing their minds in a zombie type way, all shit breaks down, until one undead of unusual power sacrifices himself to light the flame and let people die again

Now here's the bit i don't get, it's meant to be an unending cycle, but how does humanity restart if all is left from the old cycle is a bunch of dying corpses?

Can hollows have kids?

>slow day in coop
>put sign down
>go fap
>get summoned right before climax
>tfw edging for over an hour already

The Undead Curse started when the First Flame started fading the first time, just before the first Dark Souls game started.

>das3 was a mistake, so was shitborne

don't be a sour cunt, ds2 babbi

>The world was ran by dragons
Not really
>the giant/god people where at war with them
Not really
>and humans where just sort of, fucking about doing their own thing under dragon rule
No
>mindless hollows
Wrong
>Gywn and the giants overthrew the dragons
Wrong about the giants thing
>started an age of fire by exploding himself
Not the order of things, in fact these two events happening in reverse order to what you claimed is the entire point of Gwyns character
>this meant the humans could die
Humans could always die
>but because they died before they lost the will to live, we built shit and cities and empires and stuff.
The fuck?
>hen the Gywn souls sort of ran out, the ability to die and progress stopped
Your chronologically damaged view of the intro of DS1 is really doing you a disservice here.

7/10 pretty solid headcanon there as it only mildly contradicts things flat out told to you by the games, it's only real flaw is just being a fairly boring interpretation.

>how does humanity restart if all that is left from the old cycle is a bunch of dying corpses

Because in Dark Souls 1 and possibly Dark Souls 2 most of the world still isn't undead. There are "normal" human kingdoms out there that would be able to restore the world into better shape.

Attached: 1468698123500.jpg (727x1000, 266K)

>ds3 second run
>get to nameless king
>never beat it the first playthrough
>dragon eats shit when i hit it with magic
>took 7 tries to beat the boss
>mfw all of a sudden beat it with ease

Attached: 1439081126010.png (240x240, 44K)

are the enemies HPsponges on the second run? Gael already takes ages to kill.

They also get increased damage so be prepared for oneshots if not wearing good armor

no i meant, second playthrough as in
made a new save
first playthrough was dex bleed build
this one is sorcery and the game feels a lot easy being able to nuke things from far away

Don't worry, it was written by a hack who didn't care for the basic principle of causality, so nobody actually understands it, not even the director.

How autistic I am if I want to keep leveling for NG+ instead of staying at level 100-120 for pvp content?

not even the guy who posted the original msg, but please do explain the lore then instead of just claiming that everything he said was wrong.

NG+ 1 is probably the easiest game cycle unless you stop leveling because when you're finishing up NG, your build starts to be ready.

NG+2 is similarly fairly EZ
NG+3 / NG+4 is where the problems start because by then you're probably hitting the last softcaps.

Nothing's stopping you from playing the PvE however you want. The only reason people stop at SL120 max is because they still want to participate in the PvP.

how difficult is the game on NG+ and all the other variants if I stay at 120 tho?

Autism is the exact opposite of what you are describing, not leveling past imaginary meta level limits for PvE is extremely autistic in every way and so is anyone who does it

Thanks, just needed to find the pendant in the archives. Now it's just a matter of whether I should kill Gwyndolin, go to the Painted World, or go through the Sanctuary...

Going up to NG+2, so long as you're not doing the DLCs, is perfectly doable at SL120 as long as you have Vigor and at least one offensive stat at the softcaps, along with enough Endurance to maneuver. Muscle memory and experience at beating the game already means that it's only hard if you regularly eat attacks from enemies.

>tfw the DS1R is going to involve new lore and retcons to better make it fit into the DS2 and DS3 universe.
2011 was such a long time ago, friends.

>DS2 lore will be considered

kek

Depends on your build, if it's a pure melee build then it's not that much harder at all, you probably already hit your Vig, End and DEX/STR sofcap, later levels provide a much smaller bonus
If you are doing a caster build then it's going to be slightly harder because you stats are spread out more, but again 120 is fairly high you are not actually limiting yourself that much at all by sticking to it.

If you want a challenge stick to a low SL like 30-40 so your stat choice actually sort of matters, if you want to just play the game casually then just do that, go into NG+ and levels whatever you feel like whenever you want

Meh, at most i see translations being checked and slightly corrected

You might've been able to trick people before the new footage confirmed it to being essentially just a port and a resolution fix.

wheres the new shit?